PDA

View Full Version : Sudafed insomnia?

Tiduwho
06-30-2009, 04:12 AM
Does sudafed make you stay awake or something? Wtf is wrong with me I don't know. I have to wake up in two hours. I've been laying in bed all night. For 5 hours now. I can't sleep. I feel like shit. I think I'm coming down with something, got drymouth and sinus problems so I took a Sudafed before I went to bed. That's all I can think of that might have done it, but I literally cannot sleep right now.

This absolutely blows. I can't lay in bed any longer!

Tiduwho
06-30-2009, 04:42 AM
This really sucks, I feel sore everywhere. My abs feel like I did a bunch of crunches, how weird.

I haven't been sick in years, and my body decides to do this when I'm supposed to have a 2nd date with this girl tonight?

Why can't I just sleep???

collinsat12
06-30-2009, 06:21 AM
have a couple shots of whiskey bryan....

2steppinKJ
06-30-2009, 07:03 AM
Phenylephrine or pseudoephedrine based? I took some Sudafed PE tablets a couple of weeks ago and noted that the packet said that they shouldn't be taken less than a couple of hours before bed because phenylephrine can cause you to have problems getting to sleep. I recall having a couple of really shitty nights of not much sleep as a result of taking them a bit too late.

Bafugama
06-30-2009, 08:07 AM
I have a ton of problems with sudafed when I try to go to sleep. I haven't taken it in probably 5 or 6 years, just because whenever I do I can't sleep. Shit lasts forever, too. You can take it at like 5 in the evening and have trouble sleeping at midnight (In my experiences, anyway).

Tiduwho
06-30-2009, 08:17 AM
Well, I got about an hour and a half of sleep. And now I have to go to work.

It is duly noted, and I'm not going to have Sudafed before bed ever again...

firedncr4136
06-30-2009, 08:57 AM
did it say non-drowsy on it? i can't take anything that says that before i go to bed or i'm up all night. i've had a few miserable nights until i figured that out.

Shagadelic
06-30-2009, 09:02 AM
Sudafed is a stimulant..it will keep you awake.

dmbgodagirl41
06-30-2009, 09:05 AM
Regular sudafed will knock your ass out. Sudafed PE will probably keep you awake (i think that's the non-drowsy formula).

Either way, chug nyquil for insta-beddie bye time.

Tiduwho
06-30-2009, 09:05 AM
How about benadryl pills? I just took a few of those. I'm going to work, but I'm probably going to leave after an hour or so. I'm also getting my braces tightened for the first time today, and I heard that it sucks.

Tiduwho
06-30-2009, 09:09 AM
Regular sudafed will knock your ass out. Sudafed PE will probably keep you awake (i think that's the non-drowsy formula).

Either way, chug nyquil for insta-beddie bye time.

It says Pseudoephedrine HCI 30 mg/per tablet on the back.

But the pills are kinda flat-ish on either end. Like how I remember the PE ones. The real deal pills were always like perfect circles and smooth. Hmm. I hadn't taken it in about a year, so maybe they changed the look and feel of the real deal ones as well...

dmbgodagirl41
06-30-2009, 09:18 AM
How about benadryl pills? I just took a few of those. I'm going to work, but I'm probably going to leave after an hour or so. I'm also getting my braces tightened for the first time today, and I heard that it sucks.

Benadryl will knock your ass out/make you feel like you're in a perpetual fog.

Braces tightening is nothing. You'll be slightly sore for a couple hours and then nothing.

It says Pseudoephedrine HCI 30 mg/per tablet on the back.

But the pills are kinda flat-ish on either end. Like how I remember the PE ones. The real deal pills were always like perfect circles and smooth. Hmm. I hadn't taken it in about a year, so maybe they changed the look and feel of the real deal ones as well...

Yeah, i always think of sudafed pills being red and smooth (kind of like coated advil). Meds that knock your ass out:

Mucinex DM
Robitussin (any kind of cough suppressant that's in liquid form that tastes like ass is going to put you into an instant coma)
NyQuil
Benadryl
Sudafed

Meds that Keep your ass up/make you feel cracked out:
DayQuil
Sudafed PE
Claritin

firedncr4136
06-30-2009, 10:24 AM
Mucinex DM:thumbsup
i just tried this stuff recently and love it

dmbgodagirl41
06-30-2009, 10:34 AM
Mucinex DM:thumbsup
i just tried this stuff recently and love it

oh man, it's so damn good. I think that's why I don't TOTALLY feel like death today, I only feel like 1/2 death. That and I slept for about 22 hours straight, but whatever.

That'll knock your ass out, though. I woke up this morning and had not moved at all during the night.

haybale97
06-30-2009, 11:27 AM
Benadryl will knock your ass out/make you feel like you're in a perpetual fog.

Braces tightening is nothing. You'll be slightly sore for a couple hours and then nothing.
holy shiy bendryl put me in a coma about a week ago. i got poison ivy and i was trying to stop the itch and i fell asleep around eight until 1 pm.

AJF_41
06-30-2009, 11:41 AM
holy shiy bendryl put me in a coma about a week ago. i got poison ivy and i was trying to stop the itch and i fell asleep around eight until 1 pm.

yup..that's what i use when i need to go down.

ovationman240
06-30-2009, 12:15 PM
I have the same problem with most PM medications. If I don't go to bed about 20 minutes after I take it, I'm fucked. Falling asleep sucks, then I get really fucked up dreams to boot. I think I was a vagina once.

dmbgodagirl41
06-30-2009, 12:31 PM

:thumbsup its the best stuff ever.
Nyquil does a better job of putting one in a coma, IMO, but I always have super cracked out dreams on Nyquil. Like, volleyballs coming to life and attacking my arm, for example.

justink
06-30-2009, 12:41 PM
Tylenol PM keeps me awake. Fucked up huh?

Take an Ambien, thank me later.

SoRight24
06-30-2009, 12:43 PM

Later as in 3 days later when you wake up from it.

dmbgodagirl41
06-30-2009, 12:45 PM

Thank you for what? sleep walking and potentially killing yourself while on it? :lol

I love the side effects of Ambien. Where people sleep-eat and sleep-go grocery shopping. Awesome.

justink
06-30-2009, 12:52 PM
Thank you for what? sleep walking and potentially killing yourself while on it? :lol

I love the side effects of Ambien. Where people sleep-eat and sleep-go grocery shopping. Awesome.

Exactly. Go to sleep and wake up feeling rested and refreshed, AND all that shit you were too lazy to take care of magically is done! :lol

dmbgodagirl41
06-30-2009, 12:56 PM
Exactly. Go to sleep and wake up feeling rested and refreshed, AND all that shit you were too lazy to take care of magically is done! :lol

:lol
reminds me of that scene in step brothers when they are downstairs in the kitchen, sleepwalking and they make a total mess of the place. nice.

TempHelpNeeded
06-30-2009, 01:32 PM
I'm sure it was said already...the shit you took is the base ingredient for meth! They used to steal that shit like hot cakes at the CVS I used to work at. Those will keep you up.

SoRight24
06-30-2009, 01:34 PM
I'm sure it was said already...the shit you took is the base ingredient for meth! They used to steal that shit like hot cakes at the CVS I used to work at. Those will keep you up.

Some places ask for ID when buying Sudafed these days, for that very reason.

dmbgodagirl41
06-30-2009, 01:38 PM

:lol I had to show ID for mucinex. It had a card that read something like, "to get this OTC medication, take this card to the pharmacy" and I had to show ID and everything; and they scanned my license into the computer when I bought it...and then I had to sign something saying I'd only use it for its intended use. Weird. I've never had to do that before.

TempHelpNeeded
06-30-2009, 01:39 PM

I will give you even a step further. At CVS we had to ID and then log every pseudoephedrine purchase. The little digital display would pop up saying we needed to log the purchase. Wrote down the name and address of the customer. Then the date/time it was purchased and of course how much was purchased. You couldn't even buy over two boxes at one time.

SoRight24
06-30-2009, 01:40 PM
:lol I had to show ID for mucinex. It had a card that read something like, "to get this OTC medication, take this card to the pharmacy" and I had to show ID and everything; and they scanned my license into the computer when I bought it...and then I had to sign something saying I'd only use it for its intended use. Weird. I've never had to do that before.

How in the fuck could you abuse Mucinex? :lol

SoRight24
06-30-2009, 01:43 PM
I will give you even a step further. At CVS we had to ID and then log every pseudoephedrine purchase. The little digital display would pop up saying we needed to log the purchase. Wrote down the name and address of the customer. Then the date/time it was purchased and of course how much was purchased. You couldn't even buy over two boxes at one time.

Stupid meth-heads ruining everybodies good, clean, Sudafed fun.

dmbgodagirl41
06-30-2009, 01:45 PM

I have no freaking clue. But, I noticed that you had to do that for EVERYTHING, other than advil, tylenol, etc. Even nasal sprays. I guess people will abuse anything these days, sadly.:shrug

TempHelpNeeded
06-30-2009, 01:47 PM
We know Katie is a Mucinex fiend. Even look at her recent photo....http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d147/roaus/MrMucinex-1.jpg

SoRight24
06-30-2009, 01:50 PM
We know Katie is a Mucinex fiend. Even look at her recent photo....http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d147/roaus/MrMucinex-1.jpg

lulz.

DMBfreak41
06-30-2009, 01:57 PM
This is why I try to avoid benadryl unless I'm one huge hive; once I take it, I'm out in less than 10 minutes.

justink
06-30-2009, 02:56 PM
A friend of mine took a trip to rehab over nyquil. She was chugaluggin a bottle a night. Doc said she was lucky she's not brain damaged.

dmbgodagirl41
06-30-2009, 03:05 PM

I told you to not post that picture.:lorraine I was having a bad day and that's not my good side!

jju6979
06-30-2009, 04:03 PM
No, god just hates conservatives (contrary to their own beliefs)

ovationman240
06-30-2009, 04:52 PM

People drink the whole thing and trip balls. I've never tried it, but I heard it was crazy. My friend did it once and said he lost his body, and that all he was was a face.

wnderwoman
06-30-2009, 04:58 PM
I have the same problem with most PM medications. If I don't go to bed about 20 minutes after I take it, I'm fucked. Falling asleep sucks, then I get really fucked up dreams to boot. I think I was a vagina once.

:lol :lol :lol

SoRight24
06-30-2009, 06:57 PM
People drink the whole thing and trip balls. I've never tried it, but I heard it was crazy. My friend did it once and said he lost his body, and that all he was was a face.

Why not just take a hit of acid?

musiclovesryan
06-30-2009, 07:08 PM
Meds induce insomnia in my all the time...if I drink tea/coffee or take Tylenol/Sudafed or anything a couple hours before bed I won't be able to fall asleep until like 4AM. It really sucks...you just gotta learn to avoid that stuff!

Spicy McHaggis
06-30-2009, 07:55 PM
In high school, I did a report on hockey players taking Sudafed 20 minutes before the opening face-off to get an edge during the game. Yeah, Sudafed will keep you up...