Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   The Tailgate (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   ***Official Green Bay Packers Thread*** (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=208915)

zdaddy 11-18-2007 06:41 PM

***Official Green Bay Packers Thread***

I just realized there wasnt one.

Now there is.

Proceed

jaking1185 11-18-2007 06:43 PM

Re: ***Official Green Bay Packers Thread***

Good idea.

clayj41 11-18-2007 07:50 PM

Thank God someone finally did this!!!

crashintonickdm 11-18-2007 08:06 PM

see ya in a few weeks, pack.

41ravens 11-18-2007 08:10 PM

i'm worried about that game. the packers have way too much confidence right now. not saying we don't, but still. that's gonna be one hell of a game.

zdaddy 11-18-2007 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crashintonickdm (Post 6833836)

go back to your own thread;):violent

jaking1185 11-18-2007 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crashintonickdm (Post 6833836)

It will be a great matchup. I just hope they don't look past the Lions on Thursday otherwise it could be ugly.

TwoStep2888 11-18-2007 08:51 PM

I made a 2006 Packers Thread last season. Guess I never thought to make one for this and future seasons. Good idea. :thumbsup

zdaddy 11-18-2007 08:53 PM

so, only a few days till Thanksgiving and the game against the Loins. any predictions?

jaking1185 11-18-2007 09:39 PM

As long as they don't look past the Lions they should be able to handle them pretty easily. Packers 31 Lions 14.

TwoStep2888 11-18-2007 10:00 PM

Packers 35, Lions 17

rick8285 11-18-2007 11:48 PM

31-21 Pack

Nick@Night 11-19-2007 11:05 AM

Detroit in the upset this week.

bigeyefish22 11-19-2007 12:42 PM

Green Bay didn't have a thread because they, per capita, have the lowest internet usage rates of any city it's size or bigger in the U.S. The incest rate is undetermined due to under-reporting.

True story.

jmudmbphan 11-19-2007 01:11 PM

Let me ask a question to pack fans...Bias aside, where you do personally rank favre in terms of greatness. Top 3, 5, 10 qb all time?

jaking1185 11-19-2007 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmudmbphan (Post 6836418)
Let me ask a question to pack fans...Bias aside, where you do personally rank favre in terms of greatness. Top 3, 5, 10 qb all time?

I find it hard to say there is one definitive #1 QB all time but Favre is in my top 5, which includes:

Favre
Marino
Elway
Montana
Young

Manning and Brady could be on there, but it is too soon to tell. I also cannot fairly evaluate the older QB's because I never saw them play.

clayj41 11-19-2007 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigeyefish22 (Post 6836286)
Green Bay didn't have a thread because they, per capita, have the lowest internet usage rates of any city it's size or bigger in the U.S. The incest rate is undetermined due to under-reporting.

True story.

I see you're from Cincinnati.

Who dey think gonna beat them Bengals...apparently everybody!!!:rolleyes

clayj41 11-19-2007 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaking1185 (Post 6836453)
I find it hard to say there is one definitive #1 QB all time but Favre is in my top 5, which includes:

Favre
Marino
Elway
Montana
Young

Manning and Brady could be on there, but it is too soon to tell. I also cannot fairly evaluate the older QB's because I never saw them play.

:thumbsup Hard to compare them. It's not as if they're defending each other. Personally I find Favre, along with Elway, to be the most entertaining and the toughest. My top 5...

Favre
Elway
Montana
Marino
Manning (Give Brady a little more time)

jaking1185 11-19-2007 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clayj41 (Post 6836837)
I see you're from Cincinnati.

Who dey think gonna beat them Bengals...apparently everybody!!!:rolleyes

A guy whose team defense couldn't stop a high school offense shouldn't talk smack.

clayj41 11-19-2007 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaking1185 (Post 6836865)
A guy whose team defense couldn't stop a high school offense shouldn't talk smack.

:lol :lol :lol

dmbigeyedphish 11-19-2007 03:30 PM

I like how the thread appears when they're actually good.

jaking1185 11-19-2007 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbigeyedphish (Post 6836927)
I like how the thread appears when they're actually good.

They were pretty good yesterday, weren't they? :D

dmbigeyedphish 11-19-2007 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaking1185 (Post 6837025)
They were pretty good yesterday, weren't they? :D

:lorraine:lorraine:lorraine

That cut deep. I'm die-hard for the Panthers!

jaking1185 11-19-2007 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmbigeyedphish (Post 6837077)
:lorraine:lorraine:lorraine

That cut deep. I'm die-hard for the Panthers!

I figured that. ;)

All I know is that I am going to enjoy this year because in the NFL things can go from good to bad from one season to the next.

mrmora 11-19-2007 05:33 PM

So, what does everyone think Favre will do? Assuming the Pack avoids a massive collapse and makes the playoffs, think he returns for another season?

jaking1185 11-19-2007 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrmora (Post 6837216)
So, what does everyone think Favre will do? Assuming the Pack avoids a massive collapse and makes the playoffs, think he returns for another season?

If by the grace of God they won it all, I think he would be severely tempted to retire and go out on top ala Elway. If they come close he will definitely come back and the Pack will reload and address their running back area.

MontaukNY 11-19-2007 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaking1185 (Post 6837253)
If by the grace of God they won it all, I think he would be severely tempted to retire and go out on top ala Elway. If they come close he will definitely come back and the Pack will reload and address their running back area.

:thumbsup

s0628711 11-19-2007 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaking1185 (Post 6837253)

Agreed. In my dream world, the Pack win it all and he leaves on top because it'd be absolutely awesome. I would cry my eyes out seeing him cry as I know he would.

I'll be crying last game of this season as well, because he surely will be, retirement or not.

I can honestly see him playing two more years after this one if things go in a direction he sees fitting.

As for this week's game, Packers 34 Lions 14.

I see the Lions either straight shitting the bed or playing us very closely, but I have a feeling our D is gonna force a bunch of turnovers. I expect big things from the best CB combo in the NFL this week. :D

zdaddy 11-20-2007 10:40 AM

So I think its time I made my "I was wrong about you Ted Thompson" amends:

- With the exception of Justin Harrell, your drafting has been excellent, your choice in free agents and trades has been frugal yet effective. Youve found talent in places no one else dared to look.

- Thank you for not spending big bucks on free agent busts (ala Joe Johnson, Hardy Nickerson, Mark Roman, etc), but spending wisely on FA's that work (Charles Woodson, Ryan Grant,

- Thank you for dumping players at the right time. Ahman Green is washed up, Marco Rivera has no knees, who is Mike Wahle, Javon Walker is a injury machine.

- This might sound crazy, but it was smart not to take Randy Moss. Sure hes doing incredible things this year, but hes a cancer and it will come out eventually. Plus our young wide reciever corp has improved by leaps and bounds

s0628711 11-20-2007 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zdaddy (Post 6839251)
So I think its time I made my "I was wrong about you Ted Thompson" amends:

- With the exception of Justin Harrell, your drafting has been excellent, your choice in free agents and trades has been frugal yet effective. Youve found talent in places no one else dared to look.

- Thank you for not spending big bucks on free agent busts (ala Joe Johnson, Hardy Nickerson, Mark Roman, etc), but spending wisely on FA's that work (Charles Woodson, Ryan Grant,

- Thank you for dumping players at the right time. Ahman Green is washed up, Marco Rivera has no knees, who is Mike Wahle, Javon Walker is a injury machine.

- This might sound crazy, but it was smart not to take Randy Moss. Sure hes doing incredible things this year, but hes a cancer and it will come out eventually. Plus our young wide reciever corp has improved by leaps and bounds

I think we can wait and see still on this one. He's going to take more than a year to become a good player, but I think he could prove to be rather effective by next year.