Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   Chat Threads (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   Radiohead Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=105461)

angryfish 06-20-2004 05:11 PM

Radiohead Discussion

Discuss. I'll start.

I think OK Computer IS there best work, but not by as long of a shot as lots of people try to think. The Bends and even Kid A (I think Kid A is better then Amnesiac and Hail to the Thief) are extremely close behind. And I still can't decide which song is more beautiful "How to Disappear Completely" or "Bullet Proof [I Wish I Was]".

scoot_14 06-20-2004 05:15 PM

Re: Radiohead Discussion

I like different albums more on different days, depends on my mood. OK Computer is the best though in my mind. But I love the live "I might be wrong" EP. Live versions of songs Like Spinning Plates and True Love Waits are awesome.

supraman 06-20-2004 06:20 PM

Everytime I listen to "Let Down" on OK Computer, I get the chills, no joke. It's just that powerful to me for some reason. Really just an awesome piece of music.

Obsessor Of 41 06-20-2004 06:33 PM

Let Down is powerful.

Hench 06-20-2004 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by supraman
Everytime I listen to "Let Down" on OK Computer, I get the chills, no joke. It's just that powerful to me for some reason. Really just an awesome piece of music.

:thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup

Favorite band. I'll say more later.

Rob D 06-20-2004 08:25 PM

i think this has been discussed to death. do a search.

Obsessor Of 41 06-21-2004 09:17 AM

Radiohead blows close to every current band out of the water, easily.

puck6two4 06-21-2004 09:23 AM

I love radiohead. With a passion.

Obsessor Of 41 06-21-2004 10:32 AM

We all do, my friend. We all do. That is why this thread is in dedication to them.

phloating_phish 06-21-2004 12:23 PM

I used to be a radiohead-head...like hardcore. But for some reason i never got into the bends and especially pablo honey. OK computer is excellent, Kid A and Amnesiac are Amazing, and Hail to the Theif is excellent aswell.
Damm those guys a good live. Thom York is a genious. And they know how to jam.

phloating_phish 06-21-2004 12:24 PM

The Live CD is amazing, and any tribute bands to radiohead suck assss

Obsessor Of 41 06-23-2004 05:28 PM

I'm not really big into their online community at all, but does anyone know of any rumours, if any, of a North American tour anytime soon?

scoot_14 06-23-2004 06:35 PM

I noticed that they have a DVD of a show from 1995 for sale over at w.a.s.t.e I never knew about. Guess it's a european release. Has anyone ever seen it? Think it's worth ordering?

Hench 06-23-2004 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scoot_14
I noticed that they have a DVD of a show from 1995 for sale over at w.a.s.t.e I never knew about. Guess it's a european release. Has anyone ever seen it? Think it's worth ordering?

I didn't know about that until now. I wish I could see the setlist, from what I can see it looks like it's a little heavy on PH tracks (their only release at the time of the show) which is their uh...least...best...album. Still, the second track is Bones, which is one of my favorites.

I'd order it in a hearbeat, put it prob. wouldn't work in an American DVD player. :(

scoot_14 06-24-2004 03:55 PM

Here's the info from Greenplastic (a fansite)...

ASTORIA LONDON LIVE
filmed at London's Astoria on May 27, 1995
68 Minutes running time
You/Bones/Ripcord/Black Star/Creep/The Bends/My Iron Lung/Prove Yourself/Maquiladora/Vegetable/Fake Plastic Trees/Just/Stop Whispering/Anyone Can Play Guitar/Street Spirit (fade out)/Pop is Dead/Blow Out

You don't think it would work over here? I've never heard anything like that before. Interesting.

Edit: It does say it's only in PAL format. That sucks, I'm not really sure what that means but it does not appear to be US friendly. That set looks awesome, I have some bootleg copies of shows like that and they really rock out those songs live.

Obsessor Of 41 06-26-2004 09:19 AM

True Love Waits...

ZanerDMB91 06-26-2004 09:25 AM

I've fallen in love with Radiohead over the last year. They are my favorite band, and I really love especially the transformation they've made from premier rock band, to electronic, to a little something inbetween each now.

You guys should check out www.cuttooth.com for some shows unless you already have.

My favorite album is Kid A...I love the fact that its pretty much almost all a medley. The Ideoteque->Morning Bell segue is probably my fave.

I think at the moment though that Sit Down, Stand Up is as good as it gets.

Obsessor Of 41 07-03-2004 06:08 PM

I'll drown my beliefs
To have you be in peace
I'll dress like your niece
To wash your swollen feet

Just don't leave, don't leave

And true love waits
In haunted attics
And true love wins
On lollipops and crisps

Just don't leave, don't leave

I'm not living
I'm just killing time
Your tiny hands
Your crazy kiss and smile

Just lonely, lonely..
Just lonely, lonely..

(Tear...)

Jessie1340 07-03-2004 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by supraman

:thumbsup
Couldn't agree more- it's my anthem

mdmt619 07-03-2004 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scoot_14

just go over to sharingthegroove.org and look for some B+Ps of their proshot dvds- glastonbury is amazing quality and performance

optimusprime 07-03-2004 06:45 PM

best band in the world, bands are still catching up with the bends and Radiohead continuously is light years ahead of the rest. I think they are one of the few bands that continuosly improves album by album so I dont think OKC is the best album. Maybe to the mainstream it is

slapchar 07-03-2004 09:05 PM

FOG people. Get your hands on a copy of the song FOG. While Let Down is my favorite song, FOG has power that god can't even understand.

slapchar

supraman 07-03-2004 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slapchar
FOG people. Get your hands on a copy of the song FOG. While Let Down is my favorite song, FOG has power that god can't even understand.

slapchar

Thanks for that suggestion. A quick google search got me to this site: http://www.treefi.com/radioheadbsides.php

It has the Fog download in addition to other b sides.

Thanks again.

angryfish 07-05-2004 02:13 PM

Good Site. Top.

Ice age coming, ice age coming
Let me hear both sides
Let me hear both sides
Let me hear both..

Ice age coming, ice age coming
Throw me in the fire
Throw me in the fire
Throw me in the..

Obsessor Of 41 07-16-2004 08:11 AM

John Mayer does a cool cover of Kid A if anyone is interested. It is usely floating around on Kazaa I think.

colorgreen what 07-16-2004 09:06 AM

I'm a fan of The Bends and Pablo Honey. My least favorite (if I had to pick) is probably amnesiac. High and Dry is my song by far though.

Hench 07-16-2004 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by colorgreen what
I'm a fan of The Bends and Pablo Honey. My least favorite (if I had to pick) is probably amnesiac. High and Dry is my song by far though.

Amnesiac isn't that strong at all. You have You + Whose Army and I Might Be Wrong, and none of the other tracks on the album are as solid as those two. Life in a Glass House is decent. Morning Bell pales in comparison to the Kid A version. Like Spinning Plates is nothing great on album, but it does translate into something amazing on the piano in concert.

colorgreen what 07-16-2004 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hench
Amnesiac isn't that strong at all. You have You + Whose Army and I Might Be Wrong, and none of the other tracks on the album are as solid as those two. Life in a Glass House is decent. Morning Bell pales in comparison to the Kid A version. Like Spinning Plates is nothing great on album, but it does translate into something amazing on the piano in concert.

agreed. :multi

Obsessor Of 41 07-21-2004 07:33 AM

You know where you are with
You know where you are with
Floor collapses
Floating
Bouncing back and one day I am gonna grow wings
A chemical reaction
Hysterical and useless
Hysterical and

Obsessor Of 41 07-23-2004 09:15 AM