Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   nDMBc Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Rolling Stone - 50 Moments that Changed the History of Rock and Roll. (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=103509)

Quizads 06-02-2004 04:35 PM

Rolling Stone - 50 Moments that Changed the History of Rock and Roll.

I just got the new Rolling Stone in the mail today. Half the magazine is just a journey through the rock age. I was addicted. I read the whole thing in one sitting. It starts with Elvis and ends with Bonnaroo. Has anyone read it? I thought it was great (except for the whole Late 90's Pop shit, but hey..that isn't their fault).

loogs91 06-02-2004 04:43 PM

Re: Rolling Stone - 50 Moments that Changed the History of Rock and Roll.

oh awesome, a new rolling stone top 50 list. i hope they come up with something truly brilliant, like the time they ranked kurt cobain about 70 spots higher than david gilmour on the guitarists list :rolleyes:

Quizads 06-02-2004 04:44 PM

hahaha....this isnt a ranking thing...I hated the one they came out with a while back...this is just a summary of half a century.

Holemandaddy 06-02-2004 05:00 PM

i have not read the list yet, and I am guessing that Nevermind is somewhere near the top.

Eric(h) 06-02-2004 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loogs91
oh awesome, a new rolling stone top 50 list. i hope they come up with something truly brilliant, like the time they ranked kurt cobain about 70 spots higher than david gilmour on the guitarists list :rolleyes:

:lol:lol right on man, Gilmours always going to be my #1, even if others rank higher in REAL guitar toplists :p

Gregb486 06-02-2004 05:10 PM

so anyone have the article or a link??

nonewdirections 06-02-2004 05:15 PM

i can't believe the worcester 1998 two night stand wasn't on there!

Quizads 06-02-2004 05:15 PM

i checked the site...it isn't up yet.

and once again...it isn't a list or a contest....it goes year by year and shows how music has evolved..it think it is cool.

Stewie 06-02-2004 06:55 PM

i think after this, they should realize that no one ever agrees with their lists. this one may be good like you say, but generally, they suck and everyone disagrees with it. how can they sum up such broad topics like this.

next: "50 greatest colors"

nonewdirections 06-02-2004 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stewie
i think after this, they should realize that no one ever agrees with their lists. this one may be good like you say, but generally, they suck and everyone disagrees with it. how can they sum up such broad topics like this.

next: "50 greatest colors"

light steel blue better fucking be number one

Jake 06-02-2004 07:56 PM

I find it hard to believe that magazine still exists