Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/index.php)
-   nDMBc Discussion (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Would Donald Trump make a good president? (https://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=300408)

jray1823 03-16-2011 07:35 AM

Would Donald Trump make a good president?

I thought this was a joke at first, but I actually think this could be a good thing for the country. I'm sick of politicians with no experience in anything but being politicians(assholes) running the United States. Yes he has been bankrupt before and has made poor decisions, but at least he shows that he is strong enough to overcome them to make Trump as strong as it is today. The U.S. is basically bankrupt to China right now and everyone in the world thinks we are retarded because we are ran by dumbasses. Trump has proved himself internationally in the business world in dealing with these situations, why not give him at fixing our country?

dre2142 03-16-2011 07:42 AM

Re: Would Donald Trump make a good president?

fuck no.

brew10 03-16-2011 07:44 AM

Trump is too self absorbed. I don't think he could seperate "What's good for the country?" from "What's good for me?".

And just an outside perspective, I think the world would think you are more retarded electing Trump as president than a dumbass, crooked politician. We all elect dumbass, crooked politicans but none of us elect a ego-maniac fame-whore with bad hair.

NextMovement41 03-16-2011 07:45 AM

Hell the fuck no

smudge1 03-16-2011 07:47 AM

How about Donal?

Arby 03-16-2011 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brew10 (Post 12386324)
Trump is too self absorbed. I don't think he could seperate "What's good for the country?" from "What's good for me?".

And just an outside perspective, I think the world would think you are more retarded electing Trump as president than a dumbass, crooked politician. We all elect dumbass, crooked politicans but none of us elect a ego-maniac fame-whore with bad hair.

Exactly. He's a great businessman that knows how to market himself and make big money. But...how is that gunna help the United States as a whole?

jray1823 03-16-2011 07:51 AM

Quote:

I would rather Bloomberg run, but he's not enough of a ego-maniac to have the confidence to do it.

jray1823 03-16-2011 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by som3d3vil34 (Post 12386344)
Exactly. He's a great businessman that knows how to market himself and make big money. But...how is that gunna help the United States as a whole?

You got to understand that Trump is a public company. Yes it is his name but it's not solely his company. There are many shareholders and bondholders he has to keep happy in order to keep it running. He's making big money for everyone that is involved in Trump. Isn't that what he would be trying to do for our country? Make a good name for it and get our economy going?

Sniper15 03-16-2011 07:59 AM

Hell yes!

Arby 03-16-2011 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jray1823 (Post 12386361)
You got to understand that Trump is a public company. Yes it is his name but it's not solely his company. There are many shareholders and bondholders he has to keep happy in order to keep it running. He's making big money for everyone that is involved in Trump. Isn't that what he would be trying to do for our country? Make a good name for it and get our economy going?

Just for the heck of it, we'll say that he'd be able to do a good job getting our economy back on track. What about all the other stuff that comes with the job not related to finances/business? Plus, the gig only pays $400,000. Can he deal with that? :lol

Rodey 03-16-2011 08:36 AM

No.

He's smart business/financial wise but he'd fuck up so much other shit.

~Crashintome89~ 03-16-2011 08:48 AM

You might as well elect Charlie Sheen President. I want to be winning.

Cobo 03-16-2011 08:50 AM

The only way I would vote for him was if he ran as a dem against S. Palin. I highly doubt he would, though. Assuming he is a Republican, if not, independent.

matthewdaves187 03-16-2011 08:50 AM

No, but it would be interesting to see what he did. Couldn't be much worse than Obama.

dontdrink36 03-16-2011 08:52 AM

Quote:

How is that any different than the other presidents?

dontdrink36 03-16-2011 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rodey (Post 12386463)
No.

He's smart business/financial wise but he'd fuck up so much other shit.

Worse than it already is?

Rodey 03-16-2011 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Crashintome89~ (Post 12386482)
You might as well elect Charlie Sheen President. I want to be winning.

Duh. Winning.

We need a president that bangs 7 gram rocks.

DMBstandUP1984 03-16-2011 08:55 AM

No, Unless I was a millionaire/billionaire...Donald Trump would leave the middle class in the dust

vaxarado 03-16-2011 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by matthewdaves187 (Post 12386489)
No, but it would be interesting to see what he did. Couldn't be much worse than Obama.

Let's not get all Prompterish in this thread.

And as for the purpose of this thread, hell no.

Arby 03-16-2011 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dontdrink36 (Post 12386493)
How is that any different than the other presidents?

They hide it better.

jray1823 03-16-2011 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by som3d3vil34 (Post 12386397)
Just for the heck of it, we'll say that he'd be able to do a good job getting our economy back on track. What about all the other stuff that comes with the job not related to finances/business? Plus, the gig only pays $400,000. Can he deal with that? :lol

Ha I think he has enough money where that wouldn't matter to him. And it's funny when people are concerned he can't deal with the "other stuff" that the president has to deal with yet we have a President in office who has really never dealt with anything besides speaking. Lately, just sitting back and watching. I really do see a business ran the same way as our country runs. Yes, you have to make profit and keep your finances on track, but you also have to take care of your employees and keep a strong name for yourself in order to be successful. Because of government regulations throughout the world, he is accustomed to working with different governments. He deals with foreign customers and leaders of corporations throughout the world. He knows his shit. Maybe he doesn't know every part of the job, but If we are able to have a president who could at least get one thing in this country in a positive direction, I sure as hell am gonna take it.

dontdrink36 03-16-2011 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by som3d3vil34 (Post 12386523)
They hide it better.

Fair enough. But for someone to say that the presidents in the past aren't me first people is ridiculous.

Speilmen230 03-16-2011 09:23 AM

I'd vote for him. World Relations don't me jack when you don't have a pot to piss in.

Doors Allan Coe 03-16-2011 09:29 AM

He'll sure as hell make it an interesting race.

drop2d 03-16-2011 09:33 AM

Quote:

I'm pretty sure France and Italy have done this recently... it's the bad hair that's hard to come by though. We really try to avoid electing people with bad hair...

junior94 03-16-2011 10:36 AM

No offense friend but honestly it troubles me somewhat that you'd even felt the need to bother asking the question at all. :shrug

jray1823 03-16-2011 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by junior94 (Post 12386733)
No offense friend but honestly it troubles me somewhat that you'd even felt the need to bother asking the question at all. :shrug

It troubles me that the last two presidents our country elected was Obama and Bush, and you are troubled that I'm considering Trump

kittensXLI 03-16-2011 11:19 AM

Donal Logue > Donald Trump

junior94 03-16-2011 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jray1823 (Post 12386766)
It troubles me that the last two presidents our country elected was Obama and Bush, and you are troubled that I'm considering Trump

okay I'll grant you, the notion of President Trump is probably actually less disconcerting than W in there :lol

haybale97 03-16-2011 02:07 PM

Economically....maybe. Everything else? Probably not, but it would depend who he surrounded himself with.