Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - Dating is miserable
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2015, 10:22 AM   #46524
Nick@Night
Big Nick Energy

Shows Seen: 16

DMB Hub Stubs: 11

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Dating is miserable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roose13 View Post
That's such a robotic way of looking at life. He should be with her 100% of the time for her final days and she should only want that from him.

At the same time, I can't be mad at the guy. Stranger things have happened, but I think he's trying to compensate for the loss, has a 7-year-old son to take care of alone and is scared. This has to be someone he has known already and has been provided a tremendous support system for him.

Either that or he's a stone cold douche.
Odds are it's not the bolded. What I can glean from it is she's someone who goes back a ways, so she's at least not someone from off the street. I also imagine she was very supportive of him and his son throughout the process and the next step was for them to get together.

My mom's cousin lost his wife to cancer a couple of years ago and shortly afterwards was dating (and eventually married) the woman who was the therapist (or involved in some supporting capacity that wasn't medical in nature) during the treatment.

Maybe it's a thing that happens quite often.