Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - Today your favorite song on the album is...
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2015, 12:59 PM   #1096
KevinTH
KevinTH5

Shows Seen: 33

DMB Hub Stubs: 16

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Today your favorite song on the album is...

1. Snow Outside
2. Broken Things
3. Belly Belly Nice
4. Mercy
5. Drunken Soldier
6. Rooftop
7. Gaucho
8. The Riff
9. Sweet
10. If Only
11. Belly Full - not a bad tune, but it's just too short and only features Dave. I wish they had not wasted the song spot on a Dave solo song. Sweet already feels like a Dave solo song.

Gaucho and The Riff aren't too far apart from each other. Lyrically The Riff is far superior, but musically I prefer Gaucho, as I'm not a huge fan of the shredding guitar solo at the end of The Riff. I really wish the solo at the end of The Riff was a violin solo. That would bring that song up quite a few notches if they had done that, in my opinion. I have the same problem with Time Bomb. I love the song up until the hard rock shredding and screaming at the end.

Overall I just think Away From the World is such a great album. I still remember the excitement I felt the first time I heard it. It just felt like DMB. I wish they stuck with Lillywhite and built upon what they started with Away From the World, but I'm holding out hope for Cavallo's second go. He did a great job with Big Whiskey. It's really up to Dave and the band and what they can produce musically/lyrically. Other than Black and Bluebird I am not overly impressed with the tunes they've tried on the road this summer. We'll see though.
KevinTH is offline   Reply With Quote