Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - ***Official Jones Beach (Wantagh, NY) 2012***
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2012, 07:35 AM   #10
Dreamr9879

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 1

My Tour Central Stats

Re: ***Official Jones Beach (Wantagh, NY) 2012***

Quote:
Originally Posted by davisaj View Post
Yeah, i have no problem with the traffic, would rather an easy commute to my front door after the show than dealing with public transit afterwards. Any sense of which night is better at Jones? I know night 2's are typically stronger at SPAC (my old home venue), but not sure about Jones...
IMO.........N2s are usually better. But if you can only make it to N1....its still a GREAT show!!!
Jones Beach is a nice venue especially if the weather agrees. BUT if it rains....the front sections do flood. Also its a "dry" venue unless you pay the extra fee to get into the VIP section...which only has beer and wine for sale. Since its a state park you are not supposed to tailgate....but in my experience if you keep it hidden and quiet, they pretty much leave you alone.
As far as getting there, I live in the area so I always drive. Parking is pretty decent...they have several parking fields. Getting out after the show isn't all that bad. I think if you want to take public transportation you have to take a bus. Maybe someone else knows more about that.
Anyway hope you get the chance to make it to at least one night at the beach!

2011: AC Caravan N1-N3, GI Caravan N1&N2
Dreamr9879 is offline   Reply With Quote