Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - BWGK on Vinyl
Thread: BWGK on Vinyl
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2009, 06:42 AM   #105
davet7462
AM.org Twitter User

Shows Seen: 49

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

Re: BWGK on Vinyl

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateDobs View Post
If you preorder from Amazon or DMBstore will it guarentee to be shipped by june 2nd? Otherwise why not just wait and go buy it on june 2nd in the store...

Also, I don't see any pre-sale on the DMB site yet... anyone else see it? I only see the Amazon one
Amazon is almost always cheaper than buying at a store locally (such as Best Buy). Also - you pay no sales tax with Amazon. (Plus I get free shipping as a Prime member of Amazon).

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobyblue View Post
Because most stores I know don't carry vinyl and if they do there's usually only about 50 LP's available.

Amazon lists the ship date as June 8th, but that's with the FREE shipping. If you pay for expedited you can probably get it June 2nd.

I like Amazon because they do a lot of vinyl - they ship it properly. I wouldn't feel as confident ordering it from Musictoday. Hell even Best Buy can't ship vinyl properly, I got a Police - Certifiable 3LP set shipped in a bubble mailer, corners all mashed to pieces. Cardboard only damnit!!!!!
Excellent points! I've ordered a few vinyls from Amazon - and they are always packaged perfectly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inter View Post
This is an excellent entry model turntable:

http://www.project-audio.com/main.ph...tables&lang=en

Rega Planet 3 is great as well, although perhaps a bit more expensive.

If you don't mind shelling out some extra cash for an upgraded pickup than the Ortofon included (which is decent, although there's lots of room for improvement) there's plenty of pickups at all price points. Do a little research.

Also, make sure you have a phono input on your amp . Otherwise you will need a RIAA as well. The pro-ject Tube Box is a good one, although a little expensive. Remember you need two pairs of cables as well if you choose this option (even if you have a phono input, the Tube Box will probably be an upgrade unless you have a significantly expensive integrated amp / preamp).
I've got this turntable. Absolutely love it! Not sure what your price point is though.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw...echnica+pl-120

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJGeneral View Post
I wonder if the Amazon thing is a mistake though. I have a bad feeling there will not be a vinyl for BWGK.
Is pessimism a way of life for you? Did you never get invited to birthday parties as a child? Are you one who doesn't see a glass as half empty or half full - but only as a glass that will probably get broken at some point?