Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - Dating is miserable
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2013, 07:41 PM   #39421
AllifromOhio
Formerly known as

Shows Seen: 97

DMB Hub Stubs: 26

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Dating is miserable

Quote:
Originally Posted by water_into_wine View Post
You never seem to focus on actually building a relationship with someone. Seems like you're trying to race through each milestone. The goal should be you build the relationship and then all of that other stuff naturally arises out of it. I can't tell if you're doing it because you get emotionally attached too quickly or you're completely detached.

Take Lion King for instance, you pretty much knew from the get-go that he wasn't good for you but yet you still went on more dates with him, had sex, and kept hanging out with him. All in the span of like a week and a half in which you knew he wasn't right for you.

That's the vibe I get and it makes zero sense to me.
The sex thing really isn't a huge issue so me having sex with someone is not as milestoney as it is to you. I continued to hang out with him because I actually enjoyed his presence as a person after we knew it wasn't going to work. I don't get attached too quickly anymore so if it has to be one or the other, I guess I'm detached.
AllifromOhio is offline   Reply With Quote