Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - Dating is miserable
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2014, 06:48 AM   #46054
thechad90000
You're Goddamn Right

Shows Seen: 3

DMB Hub Stubs: 4

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Dating is miserable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodey View Post
Alright, I feel dumb about this, but I feel like everyone in here has made a dumb post before, so I don't care.

I'm over here causing myself some anxiety. Like, everything has gone really well with this girl, I'd say. But, embarrassingly, since I've been in my own head so much lately, I checked Match and saw that she appeared to still be checking it out regularly. No quarrels, really, we're not an official thing. But I'd be lying if I said it wasn't a bit disappointing. If she was into me, she wouldn't be checking, right?

In turn, now I'm stressing about whether to bring up the fact that I'm not dating/planning to date anyone as long as we're hanging out. I'm admittedly scared of her responding by letting me know I'm not option one. Why? I'm never option one. Seriously. Never. But we've gone out four times, have had some intimacy and she joked once (after forgetting if we had had a discussion about a topic) that her forgetfulness makes it seem like she's dating a bunch of dudes. Which she then said clearly not, because she couldn't remember details about one. So maybe that's the truth? Maybe I am option one?

All I know is this dating shit can make you go insane. Like, I need to know because I can't be one of many options. But at the same time I don't want to bring it up and risk screwing shit up.

Okay, I'm done. That felt good.
I wouldn't get too caught up if she's still on Match checking things out right now. 4 dates really isn't all that many. You just have to accept the fact that at the beginning stages of dating, she may be hanging out with more than just you. That being said if it's really bothering you that much and you feel like you want to make it an exclusive thing (and have her make it one too) then you should tell her. If she says no then it's not really like it was going to work out in the first place because you want two different things.
"Her one drink had Cecelia giggling and talking and she was explaining that animals had souls too. Nobody challenged her opinion. It was possible, we knew. What we weren't sure of was if we had any. - Charles Bukowski
thechad90000 is offline   Reply With Quote