Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - Dating is miserable
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2014, 07:04 AM   #46055
cazzie34
Gummy Oatmeal

Shows Seen: 9

DMB Hub Stubs: 8

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Dating is miserable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodey View Post
Alright, I feel dumb about this, but I feel like everyone in here has made a dumb post before, so I don't care.

I'm over here causing myself some anxiety. Like, everything has gone really well with this girl, I'd say. But, embarrassingly, since I've been in my own head so much lately, I checked Match and saw that she appeared to still be checking it out regularly. No quarrels, really, we're not an official thing. But I'd be lying if I said it wasn't a bit disappointing. If she was into me, she wouldn't be checking, right?

In turn, now I'm stressing about whether to bring up the fact that I'm not dating/planning to date anyone as long as we're hanging out. I'm admittedly scared of her responding by letting me know I'm not option one. Why? I'm never option one. Seriously. Never. But we've gone out four times, have had some intimacy and she joked once (after forgetting if we had had a discussion about a topic) that her forgetfulness makes it seem like she's dating a bunch of dudes. Which she then said clearly not, because she couldn't remember details about one. So maybe that's the truth? Maybe I am option one?

All I know is this dating shit can make you go insane. Like, I need to know because I can't be one of many options. But at the same time I don't want to bring it up and risk screwing shit up.

Okay, I'm done. That felt good.
I wouldn't beat yourself up. Is she already pot-committed on paying for X amount of months? If so, I'd be checking too if I already paid for those months.

I checked websites for about a month after I started dating the current girl I was seeing. I did this for a few reasons. 1, people were messaging me so I wanted to see what they said and if I'd be interested. 2, I didn't want to jump in all the way with the person I was seeing. I normally fall hard for girls so I wanted to keep a little distance. That was a good way to do it even though I wasn't going on dates with anyone else.

She could be into you and still checking for lots of reasons. I wouldn't worry too much.

The longer I live, the more I read, the more patiently I think and the more anxiously I inquire; the less I seem to know.
cazzie34 is offline   Reply With Quote