Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - Album is finished!!
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2012, 01:51 PM   #145
SpotlightEyes
Life is so peachy

Shows Seen: 52

DMB Hub Stubs: 25

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Album is finished!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIDriveOut2SPAC View Post
Jesus Christ its insane how much of an idiot you are.
Reported. I don't care what your thoughts are on my thoughts, but this is above and beyond inappropriate. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAPUNZEL13 View Post
Can I ask why June 5th is the only date that makes sense?
Only date that makes sense to me because of the timing. I don't think it can possibly be sooner, and because of the tour schedule I don't think they would want it to be later than that. However, with the release date of LiveTrax 22 now known, I think there is a great chance that the album release will coincide with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zajDmB1 View Post
Yes, it does. For major labels/non-Radiohead bands. There are things like press lead-times and scheduling promo that are put into place sometimes 6 months in advance. In the internet age, sure, it doesn't really make sense, and there's certainly a possibility that RCA will do something different. But pretty much everything the major labels due is completely outdated, so this is nothing different.
It can take any length of time. We are making a lot of assumptions based on NO reliable information, other than Twitter spice. I fully expect a big announcement tomorrow (May1st) actually. If they've been preparing the marketing schedule and promos, and have a single picked, we could hear it as early as this week or next. A June 5th release date is the earliest possible, and I personally think this is what they are shooting for. We'll see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mateo2k View Post
LMAO! How awkward is it going to be?! Oh, man... those first few shows are going to be SOOOOOOO awkward, I don't know why anyone is even bothering to go.
You offer next to nothing in every thread you populate. Why I'm bothering I don't know, but perhaps you'll remember 2009 when the tour began in April and DMB played all of 4 new tunes before the album was released on June 1st, after which they were free and clear to play whatever they wanted off the album. There is a lot of anticipation for the new music, so unless DMB is "allowed" to play whatever they want on day one of tour (nope), they will be itching to play new tunes once the album is released. If we're talking AUGUST, I think that cramps their style quite a bit. The tour will be more than half over before they're permitted to bust out the rest of the tunes? Common sense not prevailing over the "August" argument.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMBzilla View Post
Your entire argument boils down to, "because they can release the album soon, they will release the album soon," without any regard for the band's personal wishes, the label's plans for marketing and promotion, and any other number of factors that goes into a major record release.

It's June 30th, and there hasn't been a shred of information from DMB. Do you really think they're 5 weeks away from putting out their most anticipated release in over a decade?
Yes I do. I could be wrong, but so what? I don't think I am. However, with the release date of LiveTrax 22 now known, I think there is a great chance that the album release will coincide with that.

Last edited by SpotlightEyes; 04-30-2012 at 01:53 PM.
SpotlightEyes is offline   Reply With Quote