Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - Live Trax 23 and 24 Announced!!
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2012, 08:32 AM   #271
chadizzy1
Rumor Curator

Shows Seen: 45

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Live Trax 23 and 24 Announced!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by btpeters View Post
The majority of full Blue Waters (pretty much all of them) from back in the day aren't multi track recordings. LT 20 is a special circumstance. Most of them you'll see in the DMBLive format and I'm ok with that. I get what you're saying, but you really can't bitch about something that is out of their control.

Joyride & Sugar Will were only in heavy rotation on one tour (2004). I'd take another show from then, but they're trying to diversify the stuff they're giving us. Joyride also got played in 2006, but people would flip if a show from that year got released (I'd argue there are some good shows from that year, but i'm a minority). Then it made a one shot in 2011. And I really think there's far better shows and versions of Joyride that you can release from that. Sugar Will also shows up in 2008 and we have plenty stuff released from that year already. A Europe 2010 release would be fine, but you'd find plenty of bitching about the setlists (HEAVY bw)

What I'm arguing is that if you take a step back and look at it, there's perfectly good sound reasons as to why you're not getting more of those songs

and why box it all in the LT series? Its not the only format of full show releases that exist. DMBLive provides plenty of those goodies. You have a lot of Minarets (in its best years nonetheless) from that series.
I would really like to see more of the Caravan released because a lot of neat stuff got busted out.
chadizzy1 is offline   Reply With Quote