Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - Live Trax Vol. 40 - 12.21.02 Madison Square Garden, New York City, NY
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2017, 12:25 PM   #1492
snake911

Shows Seen: 27

DMB Hub Stubs: 13

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Live Trax Vol. 40 - 12.21.02 Madison Square Garden, New York City, NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlbluespower View Post
I hear all you guys, but I must just not listen critically enough. As I listened carefully to LT 40, I was not struck by all these obvious differences. Probably I'm fortunate that I can almost equally enjoy present day DMB as pre-2005 DMB. (again, I am talking about current versions of songs that have been around awhile. No disputing that overall setlists have declined significantly with the post-2004 songs.)
I think some of it depends on what you focus on when you listen. Bass is my primary instrument, so I pick up alot of what the bass player is doing (and drums and other rhythm setting instruments) so for example, listen to Grey St on LT 40 and then a Grey St from a more recent release. Fonz is barely audible these days, and on LT 40 his lines are out front and really drive the sections that lead into the "and all the colors mix together..." part of the song. I love those bass lines and its a bummer to not be able to hear them anymore.
snake911 is offline   Reply With Quote