Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - Hartford N2 Review
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2010, 01:29 PM   #1
RedBlackAntenna

Shows Seen: 1

DMB Hub Stubs: 2

My Tour Central Stats

Hartford N2 Review

My first show. Some said it would be magical, but I'm going to be brutal here. I was not a big fan of this setlist.
Fishtender to open that was awesome.
I enjoy some of the BWGGK songs, but to be honest, the ones they played tonight aren't my favorite. Seeing Why I Am was good, especially when everyone on the lawn when he referenced Grux started screaming. So Damn Lucky, not a big fan either, though the crescendo at the end was pretty good. I'm not going to lie, I don't like Lying in the Hands of God. Jeff's solo was awesome, but the song just doesn't do it for me either. So Right was great. Got the crowd pumped up, and was just fun to hear. Everyday was alright, but again, I'm not a fan of that song. When I figured out they were playing sweet up and down my face went from to , it was the highlight of the evening. Here's where I'm gonna dig a little deeper. Every time I hear Jimi Thing, the jam sounds exactly the same. It starts off quiet, then after the chorus there's a huge crescendo with a solo, then quieter as someone else takes one, and then they toy with the audience for a a little while, then they pick an outro. Though the sexy motherfucker outro was okay, I prefer the Sly and Family Stone like on Live Trax 6. Crash and Cornbread, I just don't like Crash, and corn bread no. The Stand Up tease lolwut? The end of the set was okay, I love DDTW, but was upset to see SMLAM. Two step was two step, and felt a little dragged out by the end. I was upset again to see a two song encore, though Watchtower . Anyway, I'll be back for more, but I guess if anything this has just taught me the importance of going to two nights, not one. JTR is my favorite song, so missing that by one night:
RedBlackAntenna is offline   Reply With Quote