Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - Plan For Hangout... For those interested in splitting hotels, partying, etc with ants
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2012, 09:34 PM   #26
PuTeR_54
*~PeAcE~* :)-K1

Shows Seen: 117

DMB Hub Stubs: 28

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Plan For Hangout... For those interested in splitting hotels, partying, etc with

Quote:
Originally Posted by behaviorguy View Post
I would love to know how you managed the Gorge from Florida. We live in Orlando, and every year my wife gives me grief for not going. God forbid the band stops touring before we figure out a way to make it work, she might divorce me! Do you drive across country, or fly to Seattle and rent a car to drive in? And if camping, how do you get your gear across country if you fly? Any tips are appreciated! Now I just have to find someone to watch the kids for a week...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajc_1988 View Post
I don't live in Florida...but I'm making the trek from Virginia Beach. I'm flying to Seattle and renting a car a few days before the show to explore WA state, see Mount Rainier, etc. I'm bringing all that I can on the plane with me, and buying the rest when I land in Seattle. Camping out at the Gorge, return car, fly home. All for around 1000, not too shabby, and the most practical. But then again, if you have time to drive cross country, I would opt for that. I can't get that much leave approved, or I'd do it myself.

Hope this helps a little.
Ok... Mind you i just turned 24... a bit spontaneous.... so my Gorge trip was originally planned with someone i met in A.C. last year... we planned like two weeks before the show... we were gonna meet in Seattle wednesday evening.. rent a car... drive to the campsite... then leave right after the show to catch a 6am flight back... well... two days before my flight... she cancels... i went into panic mode and searched relentlessly trying to figure something out... then i came across toups town... they meet wednesday night at a hotel by the airport and take a bus to the gorge thursday... about 20 people... sounded like a miracle... all dave fans specifically on a destination to the Gorge.... then on monday they return in the afternoon... i ended up finding someone who had an early flight and cut a deal that i would drive back so they can rest... all worked out perfectly and that is my same plan for this year... so i am still looking for a ride back for this year after the show for another 6am flight lol.... but price break down is as follows per person:
bus- $60
camping-$30
flight-$400
ticket-$120ish
food/drink- varies on person
THATS IT!!! last year it was a $200 caravan ticket that i didnt use but on the last day.... the first two i was lucky enough to get in at 9am... nothing like sitting in the middle of the lawn at the gorge with no one around... quite a surreal experience... the flight is obviously the most expensive part but well worth it... any questions please feel free to e-mail me... noname4me54@aim.com Be PeAcE filled my friends

facebook.com/caputo.paul
PuTeR_54 is offline   Reply With Quote