Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - Plan For Hangout... For those interested in splitting hotels, partying, etc with ants
View Single Post
Old 02-29-2012, 02:23 PM   #23
ajc_1988
...til we dance away.

Shows Seen: 153

DMB Hub Stubs: 29

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Plan For Hangout... For those interested in splitting hotels, partying, etc with

Quote:
Originally Posted by behaviorguy View Post
I would love to know how you managed the Gorge from Florida. We live in Orlando, and every year my wife gives me grief for not going. God forbid the band stops touring before we figure out a way to make it work, she might divorce me! Do you drive across country, or fly to Seattle and rent a car to drive in? And if camping, how do you get your gear across country if you fly? Any tips are appreciated! Now I just have to find someone to watch the kids for a week...
I don't live in Florida...but I'm making the trek from Virginia Beach. I'm flying to Seattle and renting a car a few days before the show to explore WA state, see Mount Rainier, etc. I'm bringing all that I can on the plane with me, and buying the rest when I land in Seattle. Camping out at the Gorge, return car, fly home. All for around 1000, not too shabby, and the most practical. But then again, if you have time to drive cross country, I would opt for that. I can't get that much leave approved, or I'd do it myself.

Hope this helps a little.