Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - New York vs. Chicago Style Pizza
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2013, 06:40 AM   #514
ji/\/\ithing
Missing Roi... Always

Shows Seen: 50

DMB Hub Stubs: 22

My Tour Central Stats

Re: New York vs. Chicago Style Pizza

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeroshady View Post
The water thing never really sold me. I have studies 4 semesters of Chemistry and am working towards a degree in Civil/Enviornmental Engineering and nothing has ever convinced me that water has anyone to do with the quality of pizza.

That being said, I won't pretend to be an expert on it. If someone can show me an academic journal article that says otherwise I will gladly change my view. But in my general knowledge of the subject, I have to conclude that dihydrogen monoxide has nothing to do with the outcome of pizza.
i'm sure very few, if any, pizzerias use DI water. there is more than just H2O in tap water, and pretty much every city has different levels of chemical additives, not to mention many cities have century+ old pipes which leach undesired "additives" into the water. i'm no expert either, but my ChE studies lead me to believe that higher fluoride or chlorine content could easily change the taste or consistency of the dough.
ji/\/\ithing is offline   Reply With Quote