Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - New York vs. Chicago Style Pizza
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2013, 07:22 AM   #525
aeroshady
Look up at the sky..

Shows Seen: 46

DMB Hub Stubs: 15

My Tour Central Stats

Re: New York vs. Chicago Style Pizza

Quote:
Originally Posted by ji/\/\ithing View Post
i'm sure very few, if any, pizzerias use DI water. there is more than just H2O in tap water, and pretty much every city has different levels of chemical additives, not to mention many cities have century+ old pipes which leach undesired "additives" into the water. i'm no expert either, but my ChE studies lead me to believe that higher fluoride or chlorine content could easily change the taste or consistency of the dough.
Yeah I believe it is Tin (II) fluoride that is added in (or is that what is in tooth paste..I don't remember). Either way, I am not sure the percent composition of what ever fluoride is added would make major differences. Also, if it does, it wouldn't make regional differences. The water in NYC is not the same as the water in NJ and Conneticut who have the same reputation of amazing pizza.

Interesting subject though. Would love to know if any research has been done on it.
Originally Posted by fonzz41 View Post
This might be one of the single greatest solo posting performances in NHL Thread history. Well done, Greg, and congrats on the win. Was a fun game.
aeroshady is offline   Reply With Quote