Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - Dating is miserable
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2009, 11:18 AM   #7
dmbgodagirl41
Go. Tommy. Go.

Shows Seen: 107

DMB Hub Stubs: 29

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Dating is miserable

Quote:
Originally Posted by neumdogg View Post
Let me start this by saying that I have been with my girlfriend for 2 and a half years and we are very happy together.

Last night, I went to a charity mixer. Basically, it was a bunch of people in their mid to upper 20s trying to raise money for a worthy cause. I went with my friend Seth and he's single so I agreed to be his wingman. This was not a good idea.

This was like walking into the lion's den. Every girl there was SO husband-crazy, it was insane. All they could talk about was finding the right guy to settle down with and start a family. Obviously this wasn't the night my buddy hoped for. Sure, he's down to date, but I'm pretty sure he didnt expect to find his future wife there.

When I was single and around 25 years old, I became a serial dater. I would go on at least 1 date a week. It was fun in the beginning but turned out to be one of the most annoying things in the world.

Is dating this hard everywhere else? Are people so desperate to find a mate by the age of 30? It was just a real eye-opening experience last night. Thank god I have a gf!
I hate dating. People are always at one end of the spectrum with that or the other. Either a guy is just looking for a fuck buddy for a couple months, or he starts asking you what you want to name your kids on the first date.

On the other side, it's really annoying that a lot of guys assume that every woman in the world who is in their late 20s wants to have a family right away. I've gone out with tons of cool guys and they are shocked to hear that I'm actually NOT baby/wedding crazy right now.

I seriously hate dating so damn much. It's a pain in the ass and I can't wait until I can find a guy that I really like and he really likes me and I can be done with the bullshit. Sucks about your friend and not having the mixer make expectations. That's the worst.
Calm down, 12.
dmbgodagirl41 is offline   Reply With Quote