Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - ** Official Obama Thread **
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2012, 05:12 AM   #29893
ThatLetter

Shows Seen: 16

DMB Hub Stubs: 8

My Tour Central Stats

Re: ** Official Strongly Condemning Prez BHO, Nobel Peace Prize Winner (2009), Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by iMAC386 View Post
I think the republicans in congress allowing the American Jobs Act would have been a huge boon to the unemployment numbers and economy. For those looking for a plan from Obama/dems, that's just one example.

And even in those 2 years with house/senate control, dems didn't have a filibuster proof majority and the repubs were being intransigent. So the dems majority was crippled by a repub side that was unwilling to compromise the majority of time. Blaming things on the republicans in congress is not a garbage argument at all...it's the truth. It's a testament how the filibuster is not fit for today's governing, and how the system of legislating needs to me updated to account for this polarized congress.
The Daily Show did a story the other night about a jobs bill for returning veterans that got 58 yeas and 40 nays and therefore was defeated because it didn't reach the magic 60. The argument against it was that the Repubs didn't like how the bill paid for itself. The lols came when the Daily Show pointed out that congress approved the wars that made these men veterans without paying for the wars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrock25 View Post
Jesus Christ justink just shut the fuck up for once. Why does everything with you turn into an argument?
Quote:
Originally Posted by blaise34 View Post
CNN headline - Court gives baker narrow win in gay wedding cake case
7-2 is narrow now