Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - ***Official Ants Photography Thread***
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2009, 05:34 PM   #416
2steppinKJ
Aboard the Hayne train.

Shows Seen: 2

DMB Hub Stubs: 3

My Tour Central Stats

Re: ***Official Ants Photography Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbotnyse View Post
2steppinKJ, I can also see an issue of bullshit entries where a poster is just trying to be witty and funny. We should be voting on originality and technique. I would trust your judgment to just delete entries like that.

Also, I post on an architecture forum with a weekly photo contest. This format would require its own sub-forum and some type of software(I think) that would take the 5 best photos of the week. Each entry makes a poll 1-10 and it is voted on. At the end of the week, the 5 highest voted photos are entered in the finals. Then those are voted upon.

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=268 ( I actually won last week!)
I'll have a closer look at that architecture forum this afternoon...not sure if Matt and Jake would be as keen as I might be at putting in a separate subforum with that sort of structure. It seems like a good way of conducting things instead of having a hodgepodge of images scattered in one thread.

And don't worry, I'd be able to tell which entries were serious attempts at photographic art and which ones are just jokes.