Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion - View Single Post - Dating is miserable
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2013, 08:56 PM   #39440
water_into_wine

Shows Seen: 2

DMB Hub Stubs: 4

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Dating is miserable

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmbetc View Post
It might be weird, in the sense that it's not "normal" relationship progression. But really, there's no set rules or path needed to take. My situation is weird, I've traveled 8 times (mostly to across the country) in 6 months to be with someone I'm not even dating. It's working now, and I'm having fun and enjoying it. That's all that it comes down to. So yeah, it weird, as an outsider but there's nothing wrong with it.

So have fun Alli, and enjoy it! But maybe not mention your ex in here anymore.
To be honest, how do you not consider what you two are doing as "Dating"? I mean I guess you're not going out once a week or anything, but it seems kind of like just making semantics. You're in a relationship either way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllifromOhio View Post
When's the last time I mentioned her in here? She owes me mass amounts of money and I refused to see her and I'm making her drop the money off to my mother to avoid seeing her. The only time I respond to texts is to set money exchange times. I really only have anger towards her for wasting a year and a half of my time. I'm happy now and the fact that it's "official" with him makes it more clear and expectations are set and will be followed now. I see that it was soon but calling someone boyfriend or girlfriend after a month is not really life altering. Bryan proposed after a year and he seems very happy. Who is to say there is a set timeline?
I don't remember the last time but you honestly probably mentioned her in the last week. Its a surprising amount. Didn't know she owed you nay money (like Angela said it is hard to understand from the outside in), but otherwise it makes no sense why you keep in contact with her. Even if it is all in anger and you hate her, it still isn't healthy and you should end it as quick as possible. Pretty sure I was saying the same thing to Sarah.

As to the timeline, yeah everyone has different timelines I just think I've seen you with a pattern of moving surprisingly fast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnderwoman View Post
Who's ridiculing...?
Just about to ask this.
water_into_wine is offline   Reply With Quote