Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums > General Discussion > DMBc Discussion > DMB Tour Discussion


Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2012, 09:48 AM   #1
decemberlov
 
decemberlov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Philly
Posts: 4,531

Shows Seen: 0

~* Camden 2012 *~

Can't wait!!! Who's going, where ya stayin, what's your plans?!
__________________
~*~ Together we are all alone, united on a spinning stone
So if your love is running down, don't concentrate it....spread it round ~*~
decemberlov is offline   Reply With Quote

  • Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 02-16-2012, 10:16 AM   #2
    sdmc229
    MMMMMonkeys
     
    sdmc229's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Feb 2002
    Location: Springfield, PA
    Posts: 925

    Shows Seen: 24

    Re: ~* Camden 2012 *~

    Live just outside Philly, so Dinner and drinks in Philly, then PATCO into Camden.
    __________________
    Shawn

    etree Volunteer | My List | Discogs
    sdmc229 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-16-2012, 10:18 AM   #3
    eric81485
    288
     
    eric81485's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Sep 2003
    Location: Lehigh Valley, PA
    Posts: 4,653

    Shows Seen: 28
    Send a message via AIM to eric81485

    Re: ~* Camden 2012 *~

    Looks like my wife and I will be doing night two this year.
    __________________
    ~Eric
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by k270 View Post
    Next time DMB plays Warehouse, instead of the "Woooos", maybe all should chant "Hey Zeus"
    eric81485 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-16-2012, 10:21 AM   #4
    silvercharm
     
    silvercharm's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jul 2008
    Location: mount joy, pa
    Posts: 182

    Shows Seen: 44

    Re: ~* Camden 2012 *~

    thanks for starting the thread. Planning for both nights.
    silvercharm is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-16-2012, 10:22 AM   #5
    decemberlov
     
    decemberlov's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Mar 2010
    Location: Philly
    Posts: 4,531

    Shows Seen: 0

    Re: ~* Camden 2012 *~

    same here, definitely doing night 2, not sure about night 1 yet. I hate that it's always mid-week...Honestly I just want lawn seats, I think the sound is much better out there for some reason. Wondering if I should even go through WH for my tix.
    __________________
    ~*~ Together we are all alone, united on a spinning stone
    So if your love is running down, don't concentrate it....spread it round ~*~
    decemberlov is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-16-2012, 10:25 AM   #6
    sdmc229
    MMMMMonkeys
     
    sdmc229's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Feb 2002
    Location: Springfield, PA
    Posts: 925

    Shows Seen: 24

    Re: ~* Camden 2012 *~

    Will be doing both nights. Since we're older, it'll be pavillion. I don't like being crammed in with the GA Pit (drunk pushy people) and I don't like the lawn (drunks who want to shove and start fights)
    __________________
    Shawn

    etree Volunteer | My List | Discogs
    sdmc229 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-16-2012, 10:26 AM   #7
    pato
     
    pato's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jul 2009
    Location: Bethel Park, Pittsburgh, PA/Athens, Ohio, USA
    Posts: 681

    Shows Seen: 5

    Re: ~* Camden 2012 *~

    Might be doing camden for the first time, pretty excited to check out the venue
    __________________
    c'ville! nov 19th wh ga & 20th 305 row BB
    Life is short but sweet for certain...

    SteelersPenguinsPiratesPITT PanthersLakersOU
    pato is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-16-2012, 10:30 AM   #8
    decemberlov
     
    decemberlov's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Mar 2010
    Location: Philly
    Posts: 4,531

    Shows Seen: 0

    Re: ~* Camden 2012 *~

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by pato View Post
    Might be doing camden for the first time, pretty excited to check out the venue
    sweet! let me know if you need info on hotels etc!
    __________________
    ~*~ Together we are all alone, united on a spinning stone
    So if your love is running down, don't concentrate it....spread it round ~*~
    decemberlov is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-16-2012, 10:37 AM   #9
    SCFiredancer
     
    Join Date: Sep 2011
    Location: Charleston/Columbia, SC
    Posts: 250

    Shows Seen: 31

    Re: ~* Camden 2012 *~

    2 nights! first time in camden......sister just moved to Baltimore so we are doing Camden and Hersey
    SCFiredancer is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-16-2012, 10:40 AM   #10
    pato
     
    pato's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jul 2009
    Location: Bethel Park, Pittsburgh, PA/Athens, Ohio, USA
    Posts: 681

    Shows Seen: 5

    Re: ~* Camden 2012 *~

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by decemberlov View Post
    sweet! let me know if you need info on hotels etc!
    just not familar with the area, how far is it from philly, and is there any pub transportation from philly to the venue, or is it close enough to walk, or take a taxi
    __________________
    c'ville! nov 19th wh ga & 20th 305 row BB
    Life is short but sweet for certain...

    SteelersPenguinsPiratesPITT PanthersLakersOU
    pato is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-16-2012, 10:48 AM   #11
    eric81485
    288
     
    eric81485's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Sep 2003
    Location: Lehigh Valley, PA
    Posts: 4,653

    Shows Seen: 28
    Send a message via AIM to eric81485

    Re: ~* Camden 2012 *~

    You can see the venue from across the river. It's right over the Ben Franklin Bridge.
    __________________
    ~Eric
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by k270 View Post
    Next time DMB plays Warehouse, instead of the "Woooos", maybe all should chant "Hey Zeus"
    eric81485 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-16-2012, 10:54 AM   #12
    Sprunkn7
     
    Sprunkn7's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Aug 2009
    Location: CT
    Posts: 598

    Shows Seen: 14

    Re: ~* Camden 2012 *~

    If I remember correctly they opened the lots pretty late in 2010...I was bummin about it.
    Sprunkn7 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-16-2012, 10:55 AM   #13
    decemberlov
     
    decemberlov's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Mar 2010
    Location: Philly
    Posts: 4,531

    Shows Seen: 0

    Re: ~* Camden 2012 *~

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by pato View Post
    just not familar with the area, how far is it from philly, and is there any pub transportation from philly to the venue, or is it close enough to walk, or take a taxi
    It's right over the bridge. Yes there's public transportation there, very easy to get to. Philly is great however, I'd suggest staying on the Jersey side if you're trying to save money. I live about 15 minutes from Philly in Jersey and about 10 mins from Camden. Hotels over here are way cheaper and you be almost as close as if you were in Philly.
    __________________
    ~*~ Together we are all alone, united on a spinning stone
    So if your love is running down, don't concentrate it....spread it round ~*~
    decemberlov is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-16-2012, 11:02 AM   #14
    pato
     
    pato's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jul 2009
    Location: Bethel Park, Pittsburgh, PA/Athens, Ohio, USA
    Posts: 681

    Shows Seen: 5

    Re: ~* Camden 2012 *~

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by decemberlov View Post
    It's right over the bridge. Yes there's public transportation there, very easy to get to. Philly is great however, I'd suggest staying on the Jersey side if you're trying to save money. I live about 15 minutes from Philly in Jersey and about 10 mins from Camden. Hotels over here are way cheaper and you be almost as close as if you were in Philly.
    thank you, are there any cheap jersey hotels close enough to walk or affordably get a taxi
    __________________
    c'ville! nov 19th wh ga & 20th 305 row BB
    Life is short but sweet for certain...

    SteelersPenguinsPiratesPITT PanthersLakersOU
    pato is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-16-2012, 11:02 AM   #15
    decemberlov
     
    decemberlov's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Mar 2010
    Location: Philly
    Posts: 4,531

    Shows Seen: 0

    Re: ~* Camden 2012 *~

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sdmc229 View Post
    Will be doing both nights. Since we're older, it'll be pavillion. I don't like being crammed in with the GA Pit (drunk pushy people) and I don't like the lawn (drunks who want to shove and start fights)
    haha gotcha...funny cause I feel like when I'm in the house I'm stuck next to whoever I'm next to and that's it. At least on the lawn I can walk around and find a spot that best suits me....
    __________________
    ~*~ Together we are all alone, united on a spinning stone
    So if your love is running down, don't concentrate it....spread it round ~*~
    decemberlov is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-16-2012, 11:07 AM   #16
    decemberlov
     
    decemberlov's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Mar 2010
    Location: Philly
    Posts: 4,531

    Shows Seen: 0

    Re: ~* Camden 2012 *~

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by pato View Post
    thank you, are there any cheap jersey hotels close enough to walk or affordably get a taxi
    I wouldn't suggest walking around there, however there is a hotel near where I'm at right off the highway it's in West Deptford looks like it's $90 a night and it's a decent hotel.

    http://www.booking.com/hotel/us/best...bc7a7f7b7bfaX1

    Just saying because I know that they won't start jacking up prices but I'm pretty sure you can bet on Philly and Cherry Hill doing that.

    How many people do you have?
    __________________
    ~*~ Together we are all alone, united on a spinning stone
    So if your love is running down, don't concentrate it....spread it round ~*~
    decemberlov is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-16-2012, 11:08 AM   #17
    sdmc229
    MMMMMonkeys
     
    sdmc229's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Feb 2002
    Location: Springfield, PA
    Posts: 925

    Shows Seen: 24

    Re: ~* Camden 2012 *~

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by decemberlov View Post
    haha gotcha...funny cause I feel like when I'm in the house I'm stuck next to whoever I'm next to and that's it. At least on the lawn I can walk around and find a spot that best suits me....
    True. Although for the 10 years I have been going, I have been lucky. The people around me have been good. Maybe that means I'm the ass they are complaining about.
    __________________
    Shawn

    etree Volunteer | My List | Discogs
    sdmc229 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-16-2012, 11:09 AM   #18
    decemberlov
     
    decemberlov's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Mar 2010
    Location: Philly
    Posts: 4,531

    Shows Seen: 0

    Re: ~* Camden 2012 *~

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sdmc229 View Post
    True. Although for the 10 years I have been going, I have been lucky. The people around me have been good. Maybe that means I'm the ass they are complaining about.
    __________________
    ~*~ Together we are all alone, united on a spinning stone
    So if your love is running down, don't concentrate it....spread it round ~*~
    decemberlov is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-16-2012, 11:09 AM   #19
    njdevil26
    FORZA AZZURRI!
     
    njdevil26's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Feb 2004
    Location: Clark and Normandy beach nj
    Posts: 2,481

    Shows Seen: 31

    Re: ~* Camden 2012 *~

    Put in a request for night two lawn.

    I've been to Camden once in 03, twice in 05, twice in 06, twice in 07, once in 08, and once in 2010... So... 9 times.

    It's a standard amphitheater with nothing special about it... although you get a nice view of Philly off to the the left at night. It's near the river so there's always a little breeze as well. Just hopefully the douchey Philly sports fans shut up or don't show up.
    __________________
    www.twitter.com/andrewtimoni
    njdevil26 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-16-2012, 11:13 AM   #20
    pato
     
    pato's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jul 2009
    Location: Bethel Park, Pittsburgh, PA/Athens, Ohio, USA
    Posts: 681

    Shows Seen: 5

    Re: ~* Camden 2012 *~

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by decemberlov View Post
    I wouldn't suggest walking around there, however there is a hotel near where I'm at right off the highway it's in West Deptford looks like it's $90 a night and it's a decent hotel.

    http://www.booking.com/hotel/us/best...bc7a7f7b7bfaX1

    Just saying because I know that they won't start jacking up prices but I'm pretty sure you can bet on Philly and Cherry Hill doing that.

    How many people do you have?
    yea that looks really nice, its gonna be 4 ppl. My only concern is transportation because i plan on having a couple drinks and the last thing i want to worry about is driving
    __________________
    c'ville! nov 19th wh ga & 20th 305 row BB
    Life is short but sweet for certain...

    SteelersPenguinsPiratesPITT PanthersLakersOU
    pato is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-16-2012, 11:16 AM   #21
    decemberlov
     
    decemberlov's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Mar 2010
    Location: Philly
    Posts: 4,531

    Shows Seen: 0

    Re: ~* Camden 2012 *~

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by pato View Post
    yea that looks really nice, its gonna be 4 ppl. My only concern is transportation because i plan on having a couple drinks and the last thing i want to worry about is driving
    hmmm if it was 2 i'd say we could carpool....i'm gonna find out what a cab would cost from my house, it's basically down the street from that hotel....I'll let you know
    __________________
    ~*~ Together we are all alone, united on a spinning stone
    So if your love is running down, don't concentrate it....spread it round ~*~
    decemberlov is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-16-2012, 11:17 AM   #22
    decemberlov
     
    decemberlov's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Mar 2010
    Location: Philly
    Posts: 4,531

    Shows Seen: 0

    Re: ~* Camden 2012 *~

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by njdevil26 View Post
    Put in a request for night two lawn.

    I've been to Camden once in 03, twice in 05, twice in 06, twice in 07, once in 08, and once in 2010... So... 9 times.

    It's a standard amphitheater with nothing special about it... although you get a nice view of Philly off to the the left at night. It's near the river so there's always a little breeze as well. Just hopefully the douchey Philly sports fans shut up or don't show up.
    __________________
    ~*~ Together we are all alone, united on a spinning stone
    So if your love is running down, don't concentrate it....spread it round ~*~
    decemberlov is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-16-2012, 11:20 AM   #23
    pato
     
    pato's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jul 2009
    Location: Bethel Park, Pittsburgh, PA/Athens, Ohio, USA
    Posts: 681

    Shows Seen: 5

    Re: ~* Camden 2012 *~

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by decemberlov View Post
    hmmm if it was 2 i'd say we could carpool....i'm gonna find out what a cab would cost from my house, it's basically down the street from that hotel....I'll let you know
    thanks sooo much youve been a big help
    __________________
    c'ville! nov 19th wh ga & 20th 305 row BB
    Life is short but sweet for certain...

    SteelersPenguinsPiratesPITT PanthersLakersOU
    pato is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-16-2012, 11:22 AM   #24
    decemberlov
     
    decemberlov's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Mar 2010
    Location: Philly
    Posts: 4,531

    Shows Seen: 0

    Re: ~* Camden 2012 *~

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by pato View Post
    thanks sooo much youve been a big help
    no problem, I'll post the cab rate on here later tonight...honestly shouldn't be too much if you're splitting it 4 ways. And as far as the public transportation goes, during a week night I'm pretty sure it stops running at like 10 or 11...I could be wrong though, maybe someone else will chime in on this...
    __________________
    ~*~ Together we are all alone, united on a spinning stone
    So if your love is running down, don't concentrate it....spread it round ~*~
    decemberlov is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-16-2012, 11:25 AM   #25
    pato
     
    pato's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jul 2009
    Location: Bethel Park, Pittsburgh, PA/Athens, Ohio, USA
    Posts: 681

    Shows Seen: 5

    Re: ~* Camden 2012 *~

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by decemberlov View Post
    no problem, I'll post the cab rate on here later tonight...honestly shouldn't be too much if you're splitting it 4 ways. And as far as the public transportation goes, during a week night I'm pretty sure it stops running at like 10 or 11...I could be wrong though, maybe someone else will chime in on this...
    yea id much rather get a pay less for the hotel and pay a little more for the transportation. I looked and the rates for phily hotels were already above their average
    __________________
    c'ville! nov 19th wh ga & 20th 305 row BB
    Life is short but sweet for certain...

    SteelersPenguinsPiratesPITT PanthersLakersOU
    pato is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-16-2012, 11:33 AM   #26
    decemberlov
     
    decemberlov's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Mar 2010
    Location: Philly
    Posts: 4,531

    Shows Seen: 0

    Re: ~* Camden 2012 *~

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by pato View Post
    yea id much rather get a pay less for the hotel and pay a little more for the transportation. I looked and the rates for phily hotels were already above their average
    what was the average for Philly? How many nights did you plan on staying?
    __________________
    ~*~ Together we are all alone, united on a spinning stone
    So if your love is running down, don't concentrate it....spread it round ~*~
    decemberlov is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-16-2012, 11:43 AM   #27
    decemberlov
     
    decemberlov's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Mar 2010
    Location: Philly
    Posts: 4,531

    Shows Seen: 0

    Re: ~* Camden 2012 *~

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by silvercharm View Post
    thanks for starting the thread. Planning for both nights.
    __________________
    ~*~ Together we are all alone, united on a spinning stone
    So if your love is running down, don't concentrate it....spread it round ~*~
    decemberlov is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-16-2012, 11:48 AM   #28
    sdmc229
    MMMMMonkeys
     
    sdmc229's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Feb 2002
    Location: Springfield, PA
    Posts: 925

    Shows Seen: 24

    Re: ~* Camden 2012 *~

    I prefer the PATCO from Philly to "Broadway" and the Riverwalk to the venue. Usually walk back to "Broadway" because the Riverwalk gets stuck in traffic. The timetabel during the week shows it going all night. http://www.ridepatco.org/pdf/Patco_Timetable.pdf
    __________________
    Shawn

    etree Volunteer | My List | Discogs
    sdmc229 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-16-2012, 11:54 AM   #29
    decemberlov
     
    decemberlov's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Mar 2010
    Location: Philly
    Posts: 4,531

    Shows Seen: 0

    Re: ~* Camden 2012 *~

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sdmc229 View Post
    I prefer the PATCO from Philly to "Broadway" and the Riverwalk to the venue. Usually walk back to "Broadway" because the Riverwalk gets stuck in traffic. The timetabel during the week shows it going all night. http://www.ridepatco.org/pdf/Patco_Timetable.pdf
    Nice! For some reason I thought it stopped around 11 or earlier...maybe that's the buses?
    __________________
    ~*~ Together we are all alone, united on a spinning stone
    So if your love is running down, don't concentrate it....spread it round ~*~
    decemberlov is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-16-2012, 12:30 PM   #30
    pato
     
    pato's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jul 2009
    Location: Bethel Park, Pittsburgh, PA/Athens, Ohio, USA
    Posts: 681

    Shows Seen: 5

    Re: ~* Camden 2012 *~

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by decemberlov View Post
    what was the average for Philly? How many nights did you plan on staying?
    like more than 150 a night on expedia for the cheapest places i saw. Prob 2 nights here and 2 at hershey
    __________________
    c'ville! nov 19th wh ga & 20th 305 row BB
    Life is short but sweet for certain...

    SteelersPenguinsPiratesPITT PanthersLakersOU
    pato is offline   Reply With Quote
    Reply

    Bookmarks

    Thread Tools
    Display Modes

    Posting Rules
    You may not post new threads
    You may not post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is Off
    HTML code is Off

    Forum Jump


    Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:56 AM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
    Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.


       
    Site LinksAbout AntsAnts MobileTweet Tweet
    Home
    Ants+
    Tour Central
    Search bar
    RSS Feeds
    About Us
    Contact Us
    The Ants Blog
    Advertise on Ants
    Ants on your cell phone
    iAnts
    mobile news
    mobile setlists
    antslive!
    Ants' Twitter
    DMBLive Twitter
    Matt's Twitter
    Jake's Twitter
    Joe's Twitter