Dating is miserable - Page 1536 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion
Old 09-14-2014, 03:02 PM   #46051
thechad90000
You're Goddamn Right

Shows Seen: 3

DMB Hub Stubs: 4

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodey View Post
I have/had only been on it a few months, but I didn't mind it. I mean, isn't approaching a girl at the bar pretty much all about her looks and how smooth you can talk to her?

I see your point, for sure, but I didn't find it that bad. There are definitely pros and cons to it.
Yeah but you still have that personal interaction when doing that. I don't know. I'm probably just jaded with the whole experience. I'll probably eventually reactivate my dating profiles.
"Her one drink had Cecelia giggling and talking and she was explaining that animals had souls too. Nobody challenged her opinion. It was possible, we knew. What we weren't sure of was if we had any. - Charles Bukowski
thechad90000 is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 09-15-2014, 05:45 PM   #46052
    saygood41

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 0

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Dating is miserable

No I am not the dude that immigrated to Canada, I canceled on the one that didn't sound as fun as the other, but the one I met did not look like her pictures. online dating does kinda suck.
    saygood41 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-16-2014, 06:39 AM   #46053
    Rodey
    Fiesta, Forever

Shows Seen: 16

DMB Hub Stubs: 10

My Tour Central Stats

Alright, I feel dumb about this, but I feel like everyone in here has made a dumb post before, so I don't care.

I'm over here causing myself some anxiety. Like, everything has gone really well with this girl, I'd say. But, embarrassingly, since I've been in my own head so much lately, I checked Match and saw that she appeared to still be checking it out regularly. No quarrels, really, we're not an official thing. But I'd be lying if I said it wasn't a bit disappointing. If she was into me, she wouldn't be checking, right?

In turn, now I'm stressing about whether to bring up the fact that I'm not dating/planning to date anyone as long as we're hanging out. I'm admittedly scared of her responding by letting me know I'm not option one. Why? I'm never option one. Seriously. Never. But we've gone out four times, have had some intimacy and she joked once (after forgetting if we had had a discussion about a topic) that her forgetfulness makes it seem like she's dating a bunch of dudes. Which she then said clearly not, because she couldn't remember details about one. So maybe that's the truth? Maybe I am option one?

All I know is this dating shit can make you go insane. Like, I need to know because I can't be one of many options. But at the same time I don't want to bring it up and risk screwing shit up.

Okay, I'm done. That felt good.
    Old 09-16-2014, 06:48 AM   #46054
    thechad90000
    You're Goddamn Right

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Alright, I feel dumb about this, but I feel like everyone in here has made a dumb post before, so I don't care.

I'm over here causing myself some anxiety. Like, everything has gone really well with this girl, I'd say. But, embarrassingly, since I've been in my own head so much lately, I checked Match and saw that she appeared to still be checking it out regularly. No quarrels, really, we're not an official thing. But I'd be lying if I said it wasn't a bit disappointing. If she was into me, she wouldn't be checking, right?

In turn, now I'm stressing about whether to bring up the fact that I'm not dating/planning to date anyone as long as we're hanging out. I'm admittedly scared of her responding by letting me know I'm not option one. Why? I'm never option one. Seriously. Never. But we've gone out four times, have had some intimacy and she joked once (after forgetting if we had had a discussion about a topic) that her forgetfulness makes it seem like she's dating a bunch of dudes. Which she then said clearly not, because she couldn't remember details about one. So maybe that's the truth? Maybe I am option one?

All I know is this dating shit can make you go insane. Like, I need to know because I can't be one of many options. But at the same time I don't want to bring it up and risk screwing shit up.

I wouldn't get too caught up if she's still on Match checking things out right now. 4 dates really isn't all that many. You just have to accept the fact that at the beginning stages of dating, she may be hanging out with more than just you. That being said if it's really bothering you that much and you feel like you want to make it an exclusive thing (and have her make it one too) then you should tell her. If she says no then it's not really like it was going to work out in the first place because you want two different things.
    "Her one drink had Cecelia giggling and talking and she was explaining that animals had souls too. Nobody challenged her opinion. It was possible, we knew. What we weren't sure of was if we had any. - Charles Bukowski
    Old 09-16-2014, 07:04 AM   #46055
    cazzie34
    Gummy Oatmeal

Shows Seen: 9

DMB Hub Stubs: 8

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

I wouldn't beat yourself up. Is she already pot-committed on paying for X amount of months? If so, I'd be checking too if I already paid for those months.

I checked websites for about a month after I started dating the current girl I was seeing. I did this for a few reasons. 1, people were messaging me so I wanted to see what they said and if I'd be interested. 2, I didn't want to jump in all the way with the person I was seeing. I normally fall hard for girls so I wanted to keep a little distance. That was a good way to do it even though I wasn't going on dates with anyone else.

She could be into you and still checking for lots of reasons. I wouldn't worry too much.

The longer I live, the more I read, the more patiently I think and the more anxiously I inquire; the less I seem to know.
    cazzie34 is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-16-2014, 07:13 AM   #46056
    Rodey
    Fiesta, Forever

My Tour Central Stats

I'm not sure if it's the fact that she's on there or just that it makes me need to know even more where things are. But I'm hesitant to bring it up.

I was planning on just saying where I was, but I feel hesitant to do that. Like, if she's still actively browsing is she going to be freaked to hear that I'm not planning on seeing anyone else while I see her?
    Old 09-16-2014, 07:16 AM   #46057
    thechad90000
    You're Goddamn Right

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I'm not sure if it's the fact that she's on there or just that it makes me need to know even more where things are. But I'm hesitant to bring it up.

I was planning on just saying where I was, but I feel hesitant to do that. Like, if she's still actively browsing is she going to be freaked to hear that I'm not planning on seeing anyone else while I see her?
    Do not even hint that your kind of creeping on her Match activity.

You're over thinking. Tell her where you are. That's the only thing that will clear your head. I think that's perfectly fine after 4 or 5 dates.
    Old 09-16-2014, 07:28 AM   #46058
    Rodey
    Fiesta, Forever

My Tour Central Stats

I didn't mean bringing up the creeping.
    Old 09-16-2014, 07:35 AM   #46059
    thechad90000
    You're Goddamn Right

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I didn't mean bringing up the creeping.
    Haha okay good.
    Old 09-16-2014, 08:35 AM   #46060
    Rodey
    Fiesta, Forever

My Tour Central Stats

Which makes more sense? Just telling her where I'm at or asking her if she's dating anyone else? Or both?

She's a pretty busy person, so I can imagine her saying, "I don't have time to date more than one" and I would have no idea how to read into that.

Guess I should just stop speculating and out it out there.
    Old 09-16-2014, 08:37 AM   #46061
    rconverse

Shows Seen: 25

DMB Hub Stubs: 14

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

*uncomfortable silence*
    rconverse is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-16-2014, 08:40 AM   #46062
    sbuzzz
    Hey Suri

DMB Hub Stubs: 18

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Which makes more sense? Just telling her where I'm at or asking her if she's dating anyone else? Or both?

She's a pretty busy person, so I can imagine her saying, "I don't have time to date more than one" and I would have no idea how to read into that.

Tell her where you are at. Stop worrying where she is.
    sbuzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-16-2014, 08:59 AM   #46063
    jen1jeff

DMB Hub Stubs: 1

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

Don't say anything at all. Just have fun and quit worrying so much. At this pace she's going to sense your insecurity and then it will be over.
    jen1jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-16-2014, 09:30 AM   #46064
    Coker

Shows Seen: 39

DMB Hub Stubs: 19

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

Stop worrying where she is. Either tell her where you're at, or get the fuck over it.

Grow up.
    Coker is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-16-2014, 09:54 AM   #46065
    Rodey
    Fiesta, Forever

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Coker View Post
    Stop worrying where she is. Either tell her where you're at, or get the fuck over it.

Grow up.

Fuck you, Drew.
    Old 09-16-2014, 10:47 AM   #46066
    dmbetc
    Tortured Mod Department

Shows Seen: 89

DMB Hub Stubs: 24

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by sbuzzz View Post
    Tell her where you are at. Stop worrying where she is.
    Yup, this.

You can only be responsible for your feelings and actions. You tell her where your're at and she either agrees to date exclusively or she tells you she wants to see other people and you take it from there.

Your're just going to keep beating yourself up if you don't have a conversation about it. Trying to anyalze anyone, especially females, is just a waste of time and will drive you mad.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by kev87lads View Post
    Go Kings Go.

Last edited by dmbetc; 09-16-2014 at 11:04 AM.
    dmbetc is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-16-2014, 11:27 AM   #46067
    Tiduwho
    heh heh heh

My Tour Central Stats

I remember dealing with those head games Rodey.

When you have the convo be direct. So don't "ask her where she's at" BC she will probably just say a generic she likes where things are going.

So tell her that you'd like to try going exclusive. See what she says. Don't drop any info about yourself amd whether you've been on dates or not. Just leave her to wonder. What matters is that now you want to try going exclusive and see how it goes.

It doesn't guarantee she won't lie, but having her say it out loud will do wonders for your psyche.

Either way, checking match may continue to happen. That's a separate conversation for later after you've been exclusive for a while. Remember, girls get messages all the time. She might just be logging into read them. Doesn't necessarily mean she's going on dates with any of those guys.

"And later I talk to former Presidential candidate Gary Hart and tell him how more Democrats should follow his example -- and leave politics."

- Stephen Colbert
    Tiduwho is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-16-2014, 11:38 AM   #46068
    Tiduwho
    heh heh heh

My Tour Central Stats

Oh and definitely have this conversation in person. I wouldn't even hint at anything until then.

Some people are already good at avoiding topics and conversations, the last thing you want to do is have her Ghost on you. You'll be living in your head big time if that happens

"And later I talk to former Presidential candidate Gary Hart and tell him how more Democrats should follow his example -- and leave politics."

- Stephen Colbert
    Tiduwho is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-16-2014, 11:40 AM   #46069
    Rodey
    Fiesta, Forever

My Tour Central Stats

Yeah, definitely doing it in person. Definitely haven't tipped my cards either. Despite what my melt in here may otherwise indicate
    Old 09-16-2014, 05:47 PM   #46070
    rconverse

DMB Hub Stubs: 14

My Tour Central Stats

Interested to see how this turns out. Good luck, bud!
    rconverse is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-16-2014, 07:41 PM   #46071
    Rodey
    Fiesta, Forever

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by rconverse View Post
    Interested to see how this turns out. Good luck, bud!
    I am pretty sure after my hijacking of the thread, everyone hopes it goes poorly to see the ensuing melt.
    Old 09-16-2014, 07:52 PM   #46072
    bamadavefan15

Shows Seen: 5

DMB Hub Stubs: 2

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I am pretty sure after my hijacking of the thread, everyone hopes it goes poorly to see the ensuing melt.
    Lol that's just me and chad
    bamadavefan15 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-16-2014, 09:01 PM   #46073
    SqueeBaBooSquee
    Cham Peens

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jen1jeff View Post
    Don't say anything at all. Just have fun and quit worrying so much. At this pace she's going to sense your insecurity and then it will be over.
    I would definitely go with this Rodey. You're flipping a coin by bringing this up. Insecurity is the number killer on the dating scene.

Just play it cool and just let things flow naturally. Don't over analyze and just be yourself and BE CONFIDENT. Not cocky over confident but be confident in yourself man. Don't show insecurity especially this early on. Women are very good at over assuming and blowing things out of proportion.

So just play it and don't worry. Become your Ness. Become the Rodeness.

Last edited by SqueeBaBooSquee; 09-16-2014 at 09:03 PM.
    SqueeBaBooSquee is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-16-2014, 09:14 PM   #46074
    Rodey
    Fiesta, Forever

My Tour Central Stats

Is saying where I'm at a sign of insecurity, though? Obviously the stuff I have mentioned in here is, but that is just me venting my thoughts. It may be hard for people in here to believe, but I have not been insecure or nervous on the dates. I feel very relaxed and comfortable.

Is confidently expressing where I stand, a sign of insecurity?
    Old 09-16-2014, 09:25 PM   #46075
    gonz085
    Tag Team Back Again

Shows Seen: 20

DMB Hub Stubs: 12

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Is saying where I'm at a sign of insecurity, though? Obviously the stuff I have mentioned in here is, but that is just me venting my thoughts. It may be hard for people in here to believe, but I have not been insecure or nervous on the dates. I feel very relaxed and comfortable.

Is confidently expressing where I stand, a sign of insecurity?
    If you say it how you originally coined it, as in "hey, so I'm not really seeing anyone else or planning on it..." then yes, it is. You cannot say something like that without demanding a response. Which almost guarantees you will get a "oh, me too" but you'll always be wondering whether she means it or just said it out of pity, which would probably extend your anxiety driven anguish. My suggestion is one of two things, either forget about it and just keep killing it (then she will be the one to put her foot down and make sure you both are exclusive) or you be straight forward about it in a casual way. The latter really depends if you two have slept together or anything though. You said 4 dates right? And I haven't heard of anything going down yet other than making out so I'm really not sure. If you haven't yet, I'd be more focused on just bringing your A game every date and then once you two have tested the waters say something to the effect of "so when are we going to make this thing official". Has to be done correctly, though.
    gonz085 is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-16-2014, 09:43 PM   #46076
    Rodey
    Fiesta, Forever

My Tour Central Stats

I'm pretty sure most women want to hear the, "I'm only dating you" thing before banging. At least that's what I've usually found.
    Old 09-16-2014, 10:45 PM   #46077
    thechad90000
    You're Goddamn Right

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by bamadavefan15 View Post
    Lol that's just me and chad
    Only because I need someone to be in misery with me.

But no seriously Jordan I hope it goes well man.
    Old 09-17-2014, 06:10 AM   #46078
    jen1jeff

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I'm pretty sure most women want to hear the, "I'm only dating you" thing before banging. At least that's what I've usually found.
    That is not the case at all. Women love a confident man. Asking if your exclusive is not showing confidence. I'm a bit concerned that if you're this worried about the exclusive thing then are there other areas that you are showing insecurities.

I would assume she's seeing anyone else until you hear or see differently.

Whether she comes, stays, lays or prays no matter what happens your toes are still tappin. * Fast times at Ridgemont High. LOL
    jen1jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-17-2014, 06:32 AM   #46079
    Rodey
    Fiesta, Forever

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jen1jeff View Post
    That is not the case at all. Women love a confident man. Asking if your exclusive is not showing confidence. I'm a bit concerned that if you're this worried about the exclusive thing then are there other areas that you are showing insecurities.

I would assume she's seeing anyone else until you hear or see differently.

Whether she comes, stays, lays or prays no matter what happens your toes are still tappin. * Fast times at Ridgemont High. LOL

I appreciate the advice (from everyone), but I think I'm going to go with my gut on this one. I clearly overreacted with my post from the other day and I'm certain I haven't exhibited any insecurities around her. I mentioned from the start that she is very easy to talk to, which put me at ease from day one.

I'm a believer in communication and I'm also of the mindset that simply expressing myself isn't asking anything. If she interprets it that way and isn't on the same wavelength, so be it. I'll have to regroup from there and decide what I want to do. But just recapping our time together, I don't see that happening and that's a major reason why I'm just going to do it.

I'm not asking her for a commitment. I'm just letting her know that if she feels the same way, I'm ready roll.
    Old 09-17-2014, 06:34 AM   #46080
    cpxc.

Shows Seen: 119

DMB Hub Stubs: 29

My Tour Central Stats

rodey