Dating is miserable - Page 1567 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion
Old 05-10-2015, 02:46 PM   #46981
haybale97
king of men

Shows Seen: 32

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Dating is miserable

Pretty solid idea, Jordan. Gotta decorate that office! After a year I just added my two diplomas...still a lot more work to do

Out With Gout
haybale97 is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 05-10-2015, 05:28 PM   #46982
    Berrisny

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 0

My Tour Central Stats

Me and my girlfriend every date, will be attracted to her dress, you know, hot, sexy woman is so exhilarating.

Old 05-10-2015, 05:29 PM   #46983
    AllifromOhio
    Formerly known as

Shows Seen: 97

DMB Hub Stubs: 26

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Berrisny View Post
    Me and my girlfriend every date, will be attracted to her dress, you know, hot, sexy woman is so exhilarating.

Considering stopping after my #100 show. Should I?
    AllifromOhio is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-10-2015, 05:33 PM   #46984
    Berrisny

DMB Hub Stubs: 0

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by AllifromOhio View Post
    Tell us more.

you can try this:http://www.dear-fashion.com
    Berrisny is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-10-2015, 05:34 PM   #46985
    AllifromOhio
    Formerly known as

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Will it make me so exhilarating sexy woman every night?
    Old 05-10-2015, 06:42 PM   #46986
    Roose13
    Ring the Bell

Shows Seen: 26

DMB Hub Stubs: 18

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Do they come in men's sizes?

NHL Thread Banner
    -2013-14 Keith Yandle Award winner-
    -2014-15 Buccigross Award winner-
    -2015-16 Darren Dreger Award winner-
    -2016-17 Damien Cox Award winner-
    Roose13 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-13-2015, 12:59 PM   #46987
    aoeiifreak

DMB Hub Stubs: 1

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I prefer deer-fashion.com...outfitting for all the young bucks and doe eyed girls out there
    aoeiifreak is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-13-2015, 01:04 PM   #46988
    socopithy
    Resident Trash Panda

Shows Seen: 34

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by AllifromOhio View Post
    Will it make me so exhilarating sexy woman every night?

This is the best shit I've seen in a while. A+ Alli.

Sig'd.
    The point is wash the produce.
    socopithy is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-13-2015, 03:02 PM   #46989
    AllifromOhio
    Formerly known as

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by socopithy View Post

This is the best shit I've seen in a while. A+ Alli.

Sig'd.
    I'm honored.
    Old 05-14-2015, 04:33 AM   #46990
    Speilmen230
    Case of the Roo Blues

Shows Seen: 25

DMB Hub Stubs: 9

My Tour Central Stats

The girl I did Vegas/San Diego with who now lives in Houston text me last night for the first time in a little while. She has been slammed at her new job but is really digging it and is starting to find her groove in the city.

She complained about being single and that while the job and city are great, "I'm just missing a best friend to live with."

Then went on to say that if a year from now if she is still in love with the job and city I should seriously consider moving there with her, and on the flip side in a year if it doesn't work out with the job or the city, she will hit the reset button and make the move to Colorado with me.

I just don't get it. This whole situation is so fucking frustrating. She is like that prize that is finger tips away, but somehow it always feels miles out of grasp.

I was cruising along not really having her creep into my mind all that much, and then this happens and I feel like I'm back at square fucking 1 again.
    It's not called the Great Depression because it was an awesome fucking time.
    Speilmen230 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-14-2015, 06:58 AM   #46991
    Rodey
    Fiesta, Forever

Shows Seen: 16

DMB Hub Stubs: 10

My Tour Central Stats

Girlfriend opened her gift early and seemed to really like it. She asked if it was one of the prints she was looking at a really long time ago (prior to Christmas) and it was, so she seemed impressed that I remembered that
    Old 05-14-2015, 09:47 AM   #46992
    Roose13
    Ring the Bell

My Tour Central Stats

Boom, boyfriend points earned. Well done

NHL Thread Banner
    Old 05-14-2015, 01:20 PM   #46993
    aclark0622
    man/bag of sand

Shows Seen: 10

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Speilmen230 View Post
    I was cruising along not really having her creep into my mind all that much, and then this happens and I feel like I'm back at square fucking 1 again.
    Keep cruising. We see this enough in here. She feels you drifting away and is just doing this to keep you lingering a bit longer for now.
    -andy
    aclark0622 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-14-2015, 02:51 PM   #46994
    Speilmen230
    Case of the Roo Blues

DMB Hub Stubs: 9

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by aclark0622 View Post
    Keep cruising. We see this enough in here. She feels you drifting away and is just doing this to keep you lingering a bit longer for now.
    Thank you.

She has been on my mind all day and it has done nothing but wreck my mood, and I doubt that the same isn't happening in Houston today.
    It's not called the Great Depression because it was an awesome fucking time.
    Speilmen230 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-22-2015, 07:31 AM   #46995
    TheLastStop123
    paper hands

Shows Seen: 39

DMB Hub Stubs: 15

My Tour Central Stats

well guys, not sure if you remember my post a good while back (probably not), but I finally broke up with my girlfriend last night. it was pretty much mutual. we were just at each other all the time, constantly arguing and stuff and it just didn't feel the same.

the break up was weird though....like we ended on good terms. There wasn't anything specific that either of us did that was shitty, it was just one of those things where it was time to move on. she's been my best friend for 3-plus years now, and it's just so weird from having that person to not talking to them at all.

either way, I'm frightened to death to be single haven't been single in over 3 years, nor have I experienced what being single is like post college.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by FromTheMorning View Post
    Antsmarching.org: Came for the DMBc, stayed for the nDMBc.
    TheLastStop123 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-22-2015, 07:43 AM   #46996
    Rodey
    Fiesta, Forever

My Tour Central Stats

Well, first vacation with the girlfriend was a successful. We never were at each other's throats, at least, so that's a great sign.

She's kind of introverted and needs a bit of space sometimes, which I think stood out more than it has previously because we were with each other 24 hours a day since last Friday, but it's something I'll have to get used to and learn how to manage.
    Old 05-22-2015, 04:12 PM   #46997
    spoot388

Shows Seen: 94

DMB Hub Stubs: 27

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by TheLastStop123 View Post
    well guys, not sure if you remember my post a good while back (probably not), but I finally broke up with my girlfriend last night. it was pretty much mutual. we were just at each other all the time, constantly arguing and stuff and it just didn't feel the same.

the break up was weird though....like we ended on good terms. There wasn't anything specific that either of us did that was shitty, it was just one of those things where it was time to move on. she's been my best friend for 3-plus years now, and it's just so weird from having that person to not talking to them at all.

either way, I'm frightened to death to be single haven't been single in over 3 years, nor have I experienced what being single is like post college.

you could always try to maintain a friendship. maybe not at first but down the road a few months from now.

my cousin stayed in touch with a couple exes that he was with for a few years each. the one ended up being a bridesmaid in his sister's wedding and the other was the wedding planner. he also dated a girl who was a photographer (didn't stay in touch with her though), and the joke was that they should hire her to be the wedding photographer to be the triple whammy

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rodey View Post
    Well, first vacation with the girlfriend was a successful. We never were at each other's throats, at least, so that's a great sign.

She's kind of introverted and needs a bit of space sometimes, which I think stood out more than it has previously because we were with each other 24 hours a day since last Friday, but it's something I'll have to get used to and learn how to manage.
    if you've never really had a relationship with someone who is introverted, do yourself a favor and read some article about introversion. im introverted and my best friend is not. when we first met she thought i was weird and didn't understand why i was the way i was. i explained to her what introversion was and now any time she comes across an article about it, she reads it so she can get a better understand of me.

we're not anti-social, we're selectively social. we like going out as long as its with people we approve of. if we choose you to be in our life, that means a lot. we do need out space and quiet time, but that doesn't mean we completely turn into a recluse. and it doesn't necessarily mean that you can't be there to be a part of that time.

also, if you are trying to talk to her and she isn't saying much, don't immediately think that something is wrong. sometimes we just don't have shit to say, no matter who we are talking to.
    Old 05-22-2015, 08:13 PM   #46998
    Roose13
    Ring the Bell

My Tour Central Stats

My girlfriend and I celebrated one year together yesterday. She gave me a picture frame with a collage of pictures of us and stuff we did in the past year. It damn near made me cry. I've never felt love like that before. Dating finally isn't miserable for me.

NHL Thread Banner
    Old 05-22-2015, 08:34 PM   #46999
    Rodey
    Fiesta, Forever

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by spoot388 View Post
    you could always try to maintain a friendship. maybe not at first but down the road a few months from now.

my cousin stayed in touch with a couple exes that he was with for a few years each. the one ended up being a bridesmaid in his sister's wedding and the other was the wedding planner. he also dated a girl who was a photographer (didn't stay in touch with her though), and the joke was that they should hire her to be the wedding photographer to be the triple whammy

if you've never really had a relationship with someone who is introverted, do yourself a favor and read some article about introversion. im introverted and my best friend is not. when we first met she thought i was weird and didn't understand why i was the way i was. i explained to her what introversion was and now any time she comes across an article about it, she reads it so she can get a better understand of me.

we're not anti-social, we're selectively social. we like going out as long as its with people we approve of. if we choose you to be in our life, that means a lot. we do need out space and quiet time, but that doesn't mean we completely turn into a recluse. and it doesn't necessarily mean that you can't be there to be a part of that time.

also, if you are trying to talk to her and she isn't saying much, don't immediately think that something is wrong. sometimes we just don't have shit to say, no matter who we are talking to.

Spot on to the bolded. That's pretty much her and pretty much how she has explained it to me. I am just having to learn myself how to deal with it, because I've never dated a true introvert and I actually got a full taste of it because we had to be around each other.
    Old 05-24-2015, 12:56 AM   #47000
    spoot388

Shows Seen: 94

DMB Hub Stubs: 27

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Spot on to the bolded. That's pretty much her and pretty much how she has explained it to me. I am just having to learn myself how to deal with it, because I've never dated a true introvert and I actually got a full taste of it because we had to be around each other.

a lot of people aren't used to it and don't know what to do because they are used to extroverts. introverts only make up like 1/3 of the population, so everything from school to work (most jobs, not all) to social relationships are all geared towards how extroverts act and respond, which makes introverts uncomfortable and unable to use their strengths.

if she comes home from work and is tired (especially if she has a job where she is forced to interact with people all day, like sales), then order take out (or cook something yourself), hop on netflix, and just let her lay next to you while you watch a movie. she needs time to recharge her batteries, which usually means not interacting with any more people, including you. she'll appreciate being able to spend her quiet time with you if you can learn to be quiet.

and as for the selectively social thing, the way i said that makes it sound like we're incredibly full of ourselves what i meant by people we "approve of" is people we are comfortable being around, especially if you happen to not be there, even if its just to run to the bathroom. being in a room full of people we don't know is incredibly uncomfortable for us, so we tend to stick around whoever we do know. and if that someone disappears, then we are stuck by ourselves.

so if you're ever at like a work event, friend's wedding, or something like that where its a bunch of people you know that she doesn't, keep her by your side as much as possible, or better yet, let her stay home if she doesn't like the idea of going and doesn't need to be there. if you do have to part from her for a little bit, make sure you leave her in good company with someone you trust, and hopefully someone she was able to get to know a bit before you left.

you can also use this to your advantage a bit. it won't be hard to get guys nights, because she likely wouldn't want to go anyway. don't take advantage of it too much though. it also works well when there is something she wants to do by herself, like writing, reading, or if she has some girlfriends who will come over.

but like i said before, look up some articles about introversion and how we act. those buzzfeed-esque lists are usually pretty accurate too. they'll help you get a better idea of how she works. and if you have any questions, you can just ask me. PM probably works better as i don't always visit this thread.
    Old 05-24-2015, 01:13 AM   #47001
    bartender_man

Shows Seen: 35

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Roose13 View Post
    My girlfriend and I celebrated one year together yesterday. She gave me a picture frame with a collage of pictures of us and stuff we did in the past year. It damn near made me cry. I've never felt love like that before. Dating finally isn't miserable for me.

Happy for you and congratulations! I hope to experience that feeling someday
    Old 05-24-2015, 09:21 AM   #47002
    aicdmb
    Unreal

Shows Seen: 15

DMB Hub Stubs: 6

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Speilmen230 View Post
    The girl I did Vegas/San Diego with who now lives in Houston text me last night for the first time in a little while. She has been slammed at her new job but is really digging it and is starting to find her groove in the city.

She complained about being single and that while the job and city are great, "I'm just missing a best friend to live with."

Then went on to say that if a year from now if she is still in love with the job and city I should seriously consider moving there with her, and on the flip side in a year if it doesn't work out with the job or the city, she will hit the reset button and make the move to Colorado with me.

I just don't get it. This whole situation is so fucking frustrating. She is like that prize that is finger tips away, but somehow it always feels miles out of grasp.

Just keep playing cool guy. Sounds like she'll come around

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Roose13 View Post
    Good job Roose. Glad to hear everything is good
    aicdmb is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-26-2015, 12:04 PM   #47003
    TheLastStop123
    paper hands

My Tour Central Stats

alright so since my breakup, I've been on tinder for the first time ever and already matched with some girls and have had a good convo with one of them. It ended with her giving me her number asking to meet up sometime. what do people typically do for tinder meet ups? drinks at the bar? go to their place? I'm wondering what she would prefer to do haha. she seems really nice, quiet but friendly, athletic and pretty damn cute.

Quote:
    Old 05-26-2015, 12:44 PM   #47004
    gonz085
    Tag Team Back Again

Shows Seen: 20

DMB Hub Stubs: 12

My Tour Central Stats

You should ask about the backdoor.
    gonz085 is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-26-2015, 12:50 PM   #47005
    TheLastStop123
    paper hands

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by gonz085 View Post
    You should ask about the backdoor.
    ha, thanks bud.

Quote:
    Old 05-26-2015, 11:22 PM   #47006
    bamadavefan15

Shows Seen: 5

DMB Hub Stubs: 2

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    alright so since my breakup, I've been on tinder for the first time ever and already matched with some girls and have had a good convo with one of them. It ended with her giving me her number asking to meet up sometime. what do people typically do for tinder meet ups? drinks at the bar? go to their place? I'm wondering what she would prefer to do haha. she seems really nice, quiet but friendly, athletic and pretty damn cute.
    Responded in the tinder thread, but this has more information so I'll change my answer.

If you think this may be a girl you want to actually date, then treat it as a date. Take her out and all that jazz. Don't sum on the first night (or for a little while if youre like me and prefer a little buildup) and all the standard procedure.

If you just wanna sum, just make it a Netflix and drinks at her place thing. This option is very simple.
    bamadavefan15 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-27-2015, 06:18 AM   #47007
    Rodey
    Fiesta, Forever

My Tour Central Stats

Not sure why anyone would use Tinder if you're looking for a serious relationship.
    Old 05-28-2015, 07:02 AM   #47008
    TheLastStop123
    paper hands

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by bamadavefan15 View Post
    Responded in the tinder thread, but this has more information so I'll change my answer.

If you think this may be a girl you want to actually date, then treat it as a date. Take her out and all that jazz. Don't sum on the first night (or for a little while if youre like me and prefer a little buildup) and all the standard procedure.

If you just wanna sum, just make it a Netflix and drinks at her place thing. This option is very simple.
    Yeah, I guess because I'm not used to tinder and how fast everything can move, it kind of makes me feel weird/creepy if I go the "hey let's go to your house so we can bang" route. Especially because this girl seemingly has her shit together - she's 28 (I'm 25), she's a career counselor, she has her master's degree and she just seems really smart (and that's not at all to say that smart/mature girls aren't incredibly horny either haha). I just didn't want to be awkward/forthright and ask to go directly to her place, so drinks seemed like the right move based on the feel of the situation. She's the one that messaged me and gave me her number though so that's gotta be a good start haha.

Quote:
    Not sure why anyone would use Tinder if you're looking for a serious relationship.
    Yeah I'm just in it for some fun right now, looking to meet new people, etc. I'm coming off a long-term relationship (almost 3 years) and am not really looking for another serious commitment thing.

Quote:

Last edited by TheLastStop123; 05-28-2015 at 07:03 AM.
    Old 05-29-2015, 02:10 PM   #47009
    rconverse

DMB Hub Stubs: 14

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I think it's just trying to put yourself out there as much as possible, like being on match and POF.
    rconverse is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-29-2015, 02:15 PM   #47010
    rconverse

DMB Hub Stubs: 14

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Did this go down already? If so, what happened?

I'd say that, even if you just want to sum, meet them in public first. If you think she may be worth more than just summing, then just kind of see where the night goes. If you just want to sum, then meet for drinks and suggest picking up wine and watching Netflix. Apparently that's code for fucking.
    rconverse is offline   Reply With Quote