Dating is miserable - Page 1522 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion > General Discussion > nDMBc Discussion
Register Rules Community Top Lists Torrents AM.org

Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

Old 07-10-2014, 07:58 AM   #45631
Roose13
Ring the Bell

Shows Seen: 26

DMB Hub Stubs: 18

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Dating is miserable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Climb2safety View Post
I'd say 28 years old is a reasonable expiration date.
http://instantrimshot.com

NHL Thread Banner
-2013-14 Keith Yandle Award winner-
-2014-15 Buccigross Award winner-
-2015-16 Darren Dreger Award winner-
-2016-17 Damien Cox Award winner-
Roose13 is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 07-10-2014, 06:55 PM   #45632
    jordanbball17
    Black lives matter

Shows Seen: 55

DMB Hub Stubs: 19

My Tour Central Stats

Well my girlfriend of 6 and a half months officially made the move on Tuesday, and I must say it's been amazing so far. We've hung out every day, just exploring the city and sitting by the pool, and I've honestly never felt closer to her. Totally surprised myself with this reaction I hope things continue going this smoothly.
    Old 07-11-2014, 11:51 PM   #45633
    spoot388

Shows Seen: 94

DMB Hub Stubs: 27

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by seagem1532 View Post
    this is so true. there are a lot of weirdos on the sites, so when a guy who seems sane & normal pops up....he's a keeper!

your friend is right. i don't respond to short, impersonal messages at all. i've received so many messages where the guy only says "hi" or tells me i'm beautiful. i actually got one today that said "You are just gorgeous! I have such a crush! Would love to get to know you better!!!" It's totally possible that the guy who sent that message was being 100% honest & sincere, but for all I know, he sent that same message to 100 other girls. so, unfortunately, that guy won't be getting a response from me.

i think that i'm equally as likely to respond to long messages as i am to short ones, but it really depends on what the guy says and how he says it. Here's what I look for:
    • --if a guy introduces himself to me
    • --if a guy can show me that he's read through my profile by sharing that we have at least 1 common interest (besides wanting to find a date/partner), or commenting on something i've written on my profile
    • --if a guy can write in complete sentences
    • --if a guy appears to be sane or normal based on his profile/message

I realize that's a lot of things to look for, but if a guy can do most of those things, he'll get a response.

Yes, it goes like this:
    • --he sends me a message & i like what i read (see my list above)
    • --i respond & we message back & forth a bit
    • --things still seem to be going well, so either he gives me his # & i text him, or i offer him my # & he texts me
    • --we text back & forth a little bit & he turns the conversation towards sex & a picture of his D shows up
    • --he insists that we should meet up
    • --i tell him that i'm not interested in a hookup & ignore any more texts from him

so, no...we never meet up in person.

to the bolded:

to do that, the girl must actually write something in the profile. i've seen so many girls' profiles that are like 2-3 lines long and say the most vague things possible. you like spending time with friends? well hot damn, i like having friends too! its like we were meant to be!
    Old 07-12-2014, 06:20 AM   #45634
    GSUdawg521
    hbtd

Shows Seen: 28

DMB Hub Stubs: 11

My Tour Central Stats

I work hard and I play hard.

I like to go out but I also like to stay in.

:.picture of me at a color run:
    GSUdawg521 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-12-2014, 07:37 AM   #45635
    dmbetc
    Tortured Mod Department

Shows Seen: 89

DMB Hub Stubs: 24

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jordanbball17 View Post
    Well my girlfriend of 6 and a half months officially made the move on Tuesday, and I must say it's been amazing so far. We've hung out every day, just exploring the city and sitting by the pool, and I've honestly never felt closer to her. Totally surprised myself with this reaction I hope things continue going this smoothly.
    That's awesome!!

Quote:
    Originally Posted by kev87lads View Post
    Go Kings Go.
    dmbetc is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-12-2014, 07:43 AM   #45636
    Tiduwho
    heh heh heh

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 1

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by spoot388 View Post
    to the bolded:

to do that, the girl must actually write something in the profile. i've seen so many girls' profiles that are like 2-3 lines long and say the most vague things possible. you like spending time with friends? well hot damn, i like having friends too! its like we were meant to be!
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by GSUdawg521 View Post

Sounds like things haven't changed on those sites at all. The bolded is on 90% of female profiles. And you can substitute color run for other potentials like Warrior Dash or Tough Mudder and you're all set.

Sometimes I think the girls that have almost nothing in their profile leave it that way so they can just focus on pictures.

"And later I talk to former Presidential candidate Gary Hart and tell him how more Democrats should follow his example -- and leave politics."

- Stephen Colbert
    Tiduwho is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-12-2014, 12:58 PM   #45637
    seagem1532

Shows Seen: 17

DMB Hub Stubs: 6

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jordanbball17 View Post
    congrats!

Quote:
    Originally Posted by spoot388 View Post
    to the bolded:

i agree, and guys do that too. i guess i'm referring to my profile, where i actually did put time into creating it & have more than 3 lines written, none of which are generic. ...unless of course i'm a stepford wife & don't know it

2014: SPAC x2, Holmdel, Camden N2, Hartford N1, Farm Aid 2014
    seagem1532 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-12-2014, 01:41 PM   #45638
    Roose13
    Ring the Bell

My Tour Central Stats

Spent the night with the lady. Been together for almost two months and still no sex. I love this taking it nice and slow. She's awesome.

She's meeting my family for the first time on Friday. This will be fun

NHL Thread Banner
    Old 07-13-2014, 06:38 PM   #45639
    lockman21
    Yandle Award 2014-15

Shows Seen: 240

DMB Hub Stubs: 32

My Tour Central Stats

So I was seeing this girl for a couple months a while ago (like 6-7 months ago). We went on like 4-5 dates, it was really sporadic, we barely talked outside the dates...it was really bizarre.

One day I just said I think we're looking for different things and she agreed. She had just gotten out of a long relationship, wasn't looking for anything serious, etc. etc.

So would it be weird for me to call her out of the blue and ask to meet up for coffee or something? Is that weird? I really liked her when I was with her, but communication didn't work, etc. and it's just been bothering me. Not that I need or want something, but I just never got any real "closure" on that whole thing. It felt so odd, the whole thing...and then it just ended and we stopped talking and seeing each other completely. I guess I just want to hear her side of the story. Is that weird?
    Old 07-13-2014, 07:31 PM   #45640
    cazzie34
    Gummy Oatmeal

Shows Seen: 9

DMB Hub Stubs: 8

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

Hiking and going on adventures. Every. Single. Girl.

The longer I live, the more I read, the more patiently I think and the more anxiously I inquire; the less I seem to know.
    cazzie34 is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-13-2014, 07:37 PM   #45641
    Climb2safety
    Free your mind

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by lockman21 View Post
    So I was seeing this girl for a couple months a while ago (like 6-7 months ago). We went on like 4-5 dates, it was really sporadic, we barely talked outside the dates...it was really bizarre.

One day I just said I think we're looking for different things and she agreed. She had just gotten out of a long relationship, wasn't looking for anything serious, etc. etc.

So would it be weird for me to call her out of the blue and ask to meet up for coffee or something? Is that weird? I really liked her when I was with her, but communication didn't work, etc. and it's just been bothering me. Not that I need or want something, but I just never got any real "closure" on that whole thing. It felt so odd, the whole thing...and then it just ended and we stopped talking and seeing each other completely. I guess I just want to hear her side of the story. Is that weird?
    If you are just doing it for the closure/get her side of the story reason the I'd say let sleeping dogs lie.

That said, if you want to see her and think letting some time go by might help resolve some things that were going on I say go for it but be honest with her.

This town is nuts, my kind of place. I don't never ever want to leave....
    Climb2safety is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-13-2014, 07:55 PM   #45642
    Roose13
    Ring the Bell

My Tour Central Stats

So about a year ago I started talking to this girl. She's 21 and was clearly immature. We talked for a few months and she kept giving me a run around when I wanted to meet up. The kicker was that she didn't drive and was still pretty immature. She was trying to find "the one" in every guy she talked to, so she's nuts haha.

We're FB friends and she'll text me once in a while, usually to say hey and then go "so when do you want to hang out?" She finally says to me, "I have this feeling we'll one day be together," and I told her I don't know how to respond to that. She asks why and I told her I've been seeing someone. So now she'll text me asking about this girl and saying "oh she's pretty," and even asked me if I banged her yet. This chick is totally jealous.

So today, she texts me and finally asks me "what do you see in miss Monica that made you not want to give me a second chance?" I flat out told her that Monica has a car, a career, her own place, lives 10 minutes from me and never gave me the run-around when I wanted to meet. In fact, she went out of her way so we could have a first date before she went to visit her parents in North Carolina. At that exact moment, I could feel her heart break

This girl drove me nuts, led me on, broke off arrangements a handful of times and she expected me to wait around for her. Fuck that noise. She whines to her friends and me all the time about how she'll never find someone who loves her and all that bull shit. No wonder. Ugh, I'm just glad to be happy finally, but it's girls like this that make life so fucking hard for the normal guys.

NHL Thread Banner
    Old 07-14-2014, 05:18 AM   #45643
    GSUdawg521
    hbtd

Shows Seen: 28

DMB Hub Stubs: 11

My Tour Central Stats

^ Good on you for telling her straight up how it be
    GSUdawg521 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-14-2014, 07:35 AM   #45644
    cry_minarets458
    MM#45 Wacco for Flacco

Location: Give me BETHEL or give me death.... death, death it is then

Shows Seen: 62

DMB Hub Stubs: 21

My Tour Central Stats

bitches be bitches.
    *renounces DMB fandom*
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Prime Minister
    In fairness Brian Wilson's Beard > Amy Winehouse & the grammys & spoot.
    cry_minarets458 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-14-2014, 08:47 AM   #45645
    dmbetc
    Tortured Mod Department

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by lockman21 View Post

This would be weird, especially since you were the one that said you guys should stop. On the other hand, if you word it carefully it may not be that bad. Maybe explaining you enjoyed talking with her and you'd like her as a friend? Something along those lines so that you are not sending mixed signals.

Quote:
    Go Kings Go.
    Old 07-14-2014, 11:20 AM   #45646
    Tiduwho
    heh heh heh

My Tour Central Stats

Nice work Roose. Those type of girls are the worst. Always feels good to call them out on their BS while you're better off and happy with someone else.

"And later I talk to former Presidential candidate Gary Hart and tell him how more Democrats should follow his example -- and leave politics."

- Stephen Colbert
    Tiduwho is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-14-2014, 01:26 PM   #45647
    Alazais
    Troy For Mayor

Shows Seen: 11

DMB Hub Stubs: 4

My Tour Central Stats

Yeah John! Ain't no body got time for that. So much better to work from a position of power and show them how much they suck when they're being jerks.

I'm heading to the movies with the Stripper tonight. It's weird to think about normal activities to do with her. I always feel like everything has to be some grand over the top event.
    Old 07-14-2014, 05:34 PM   #45648
    Stouggies

Shows Seen: 10

My Tour Central Stats

I would say just take her Kayaking, hiking, maybe paddle boarding in late August when it warms up a little your way? she probably really enjoys normal things.
    Stouggies is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-15-2014, 06:49 AM   #45649
    Alazais
    Troy For Mayor

My Tour Central Stats

Date with the stripper went well. She's a really fun girl. Did cutsey kind of coupley type stuff the whole time. She'd rest her head on my shoulder for a bunch of the movie, i don't know why but it got me a little bit.

After the movie we went for sushi. On the way back to her car this weird old Indian man with roses comes by. He starts harassing me to give her roses. She chimes in, "Oh yes darling, please get me roses". So I cave and get them for her. The Indian man proceeds to get very serious and in his strong Indian accent says, "Now you just make sure you give it to her. You give it to her good, sir. Do you hear me? Good"

I turn to her, "You heard that honey, I have to make sure to give it to you good. You're going to get it good. Oh so good."

We walk a few steps further along and she chimes in, "I hate roses".

"WHAT THE FUCK!"

There were people walking behind us and saw the whole interaction. At that point they all burst out into laughter. Uncontrollable laughter. Good date.
    Old 07-15-2014, 07:27 AM   #45650
    dmbetc
    Tortured Mod Department

My Tour Central Stats

Did you give it to her good?

Quote:
    Go Kings Go.
    Old 07-15-2014, 09:14 AM   #45651
    Roose13
    Ring the Bell

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dmbetc View Post
    Did you give it to her good?
    Did you give the stripper your pole, Troy?

NHL Thread Banner
    Old 07-18-2014, 06:45 AM   #45652
    Alazais
    Troy For Mayor

My Tour Central Stats

Met up with the stripper last night with some co-workers for my birthday (28 today... I'm getting older. ugh). She did well enough. It was a fairly boring night though. I was a little disappointed I invited her. It did not paint me in an ideal picture. Oh well. Thats the way it goes.
    Old 07-18-2014, 08:18 AM   #45653
    Roose13
    Ring the Bell

My Tour Central Stats

Happy birthday Troy! Is your girlfriend going to pop out of a cake for you?

NHL Thread Banner
    Old 07-18-2014, 08:25 AM   #45654
    dmbetc
    Tortured Mod Department

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Alazais View Post
    Met up with the stripper last night with some co-workers for my birthday (28 today... I'm getting older. ugh). She did well enough. It was a fairly boring night though. I was a little disappointed I invited her. It did not paint me in an ideal picture. Oh well. Thats the way it goes.
    Happy birthday Troy!!!

Stop looking for the perfect woman, you'll be miserable your whole life.

Quote:
    Go Kings Go.
    Old 07-18-2014, 09:00 AM   #45655
    cazzie34
    Gummy Oatmeal

Shows Seen: 9

DMB Hub Stubs: 8

My Tour Central Stats

So I've gone on dates with 5 different girls. 1 was a dud right away, no physical attraction. 1 she is leaving in a month. 1 went alright, she was fun to talk to but not super physically attractive. 1 went alright, she was physically attractive but our personalities seemed a bit off. And 1 went really well (whom I've seen 3 times, we text a bunch, and will be hanging out tomorrow).

I'm just worried about jumping into anything with the 1 that it is going really well with since I'm barely over a month out of my last relationship. i've never been a casual dater. Any advice? I figure I'm going to keep seeing the girl I like (but try to keep it semi-casual) but also go on dates with different girls.

The longer I live, the more I read, the more patiently I think and the more anxiously I inquire; the less I seem to know.
    cazzie34 is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-19-2014, 08:20 AM   #45656
    rconverse

Shows Seen: 25

DMB Hub Stubs: 14

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

I think I already did this but below are the most commonly annoying lines and why:

Can you keep up? - Yes, I'm a male and you're a female. Clearly you don't understand nature.

I like to go out and I like to stay in. - Yeah, that's called being normal.

My passport has more stamps than yours. - I literally couldn't care less.

Must love dogs. - Girls aren't the only ones good at faking things.

Under hobbies sushi is listed. - Sushi is not a hobby. It's food. You eat it.

The worst is when someone writes about all these activities they're into including running, cycling, hiking, kayaking, etc.... and are way overweight. Either you're not nearly as active as you say you are or you're average caloric intake is above 5,000.

I haven't been on a site in a while, so I'm sure there are a ton more.
    rconverse is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-19-2014, 08:26 AM   #45657
    aicdmb
    Unreal

Shows Seen: 15

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by rconverse View Post
    I think I already did this but below are the most commonly annoying lines and why:

Can you keep up? - Yes, I'm a male and you're a female. Clearly you don't understand nature.

The worst is when someone writes about all these activities they're into including running, cycling, hiking, kayaking, etc.... and are way overweight. Either you're not nearly as active as you say you are or you're average caloric intake is above 5,000.

aicdmb is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-19-2014, 08:35 AM   #45658
    Climb2safety
    Free your mind

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by cazzie34 View Post
    So I've gone on dates with 5 different girls. 1 was a dud right away, no physical attraction. 1 she is leaving in a month. 1 went alright, she was fun to talk to but not super physically attractive. 1 went alright, she was physically attractive but our personalities seemed a bit off. And 1 went really well (whom I've seen 3 times, we text a bunch, and will be hanging out tomorrow).

I'm just worried about jumping into anything with the 1 that it is going really well with since I'm barely over a month out of my last relationship. i've never been a casual dater. Any advice? I figure I'm going to keep seeing the girl I like (but try to keep it semi-casual) but also go on dates with different girls.
    It sounds like you are not sure what you really want and if so, that is where I am.

Coming out of a long thing I jumped right back in, went on dates, and was sorta like What are you doing? It was clear I did not know and maybe wanted to be alone for a while.

Dating is seeming like a bit of work and if I really am not that into it I'm not going to see girls just to see them.

This town is nuts, my kind of place. I don't never ever want to leave....
    Climb2safety is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-19-2014, 11:06 AM   #45659
    jordanbball17
    Black lives matter

Shows Seen: 55

DMB Hub Stubs: 19

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by rconverse View Post

This one killed me And then they put their body type as athletic...yeah hun, the only thing you do athletically is eat
    Old 07-19-2014, 01:24 PM   #45660
    Roose13
    Ring the Bell

My Tour Central Stats

So I changed my status on FB today and the crazy chick I told you all about unfriended me on FB

NHL Thread Banner