** Official Obama Thread ** - Page 996 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion
Old 09-20-2012, 12:29 PM   #29851
AJF_41

Shows Seen: 27

DMB Hub Stubs: 10

My Tour Central Stats

Re: ** Official Strongly Condemning Prez BHO, Nobel Peace Prize Winner (2009), Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake View Post

I can't get over the leaps going to in which Obama is glared upon in a sanguine light.
what's going on here?

growing vinyl collection: https://www.discogs.com/user/AJF_41/collection/covers

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 09-20-2012, 01:36 PM   #29852
    Lcsulla
    Black Hawks Matter

Shows Seen: 54

DMB Hub Stubs: 19

My Tour Central Stats

Re: ** Official Strongly Condemning Prez BHO, Nobel Peace Prize Winner (2009), Thread

Quote:
    I know nothing about this tape of Romney nor the taper.
    Some anonymous taper who gave the clip to Jimmy Carter's grandson.
    Old 09-20-2012, 02:24 PM   #29853
    rconverse

Shows Seen: 25

DMB Hub Stubs: 14

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by AJF_41 View Post
    they can. and it's even better when we get to see it.
    we get to see the real person and their thoughts - - not the precanned garbage on stage.

that's why this video is great.
    How so? Like Obama wanting to redistribute as much wealth as he possibly can or wants single payer HC is not a secret either.
    Old 09-20-2012, 02:31 PM   #29854
    mrignatious

Shows Seen: 21

DMB Hub Stubs: 9

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by rconverse View Post
    How so? Like Obama wanting to redistribute as much wealth as he possibly can or wants single payer HC is not a secret either.
    Source on this?
    Old 09-20-2012, 02:39 PM   #29855
    AJF_41

Shows Seen: 27

DMB Hub Stubs: 10

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    hey rog.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mrignatious View Post
    Source on this?
    HAHA

growing vinyl collection: https://www.discogs.com/user/AJF_41/collection/covers
    Old 09-20-2012, 02:49 PM   #29856
    rconverse

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Source on this?
    Why would you need a source?
    Old 09-20-2012, 02:50 PM   #29857
    mrignatious

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Why would you need a source?
    Because I've never heard him say anything like that.
    Old 09-20-2012, 03:01 PM   #29858
    rconverse

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Because I've never heard him say anything like that.
    Have you heard him say he likes to breath?
    Old 09-20-2012, 03:03 PM   #29859
    mrignatious

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Have you heard him say he likes to breath?
    He needs to breathe, not sure if he likes it. He was a smoker after all.
    Old 09-20-2012, 03:28 PM   #29860
    rconverse

My Tour Central Stats

:lol

It's partial tongue in cheek. If a video surfaced of Obama saying he believes in more than a "little bit" of income redistribution, no one in their right mind should be surprised. I'll take it a step further. If you don't believe that, you're lying to yourself.
    Old 09-20-2012, 03:33 PM   #29861
    mrignatious

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    :lol

It's partial tongue in cheek. If a video surfaced of Obama saying he believes in more than a "little bit" of income redistribution, no one in their right mind should be surprised. I'll take it a step further. If you don't believe that, you're lying to yourself.
    ::prompterhug::

I assumed you weren't being fully serious, hence my smoker comment.
    Old 09-20-2012, 04:32 PM   #29862
    Jake

Shows Seen: 61

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by opshannon View Post
    It has nothing to do with anything. It's an excuse to dismiss what is an embarrassing insight into Romney's thinking and his worldview.

Joe the plumber engaged the Obama. Obama said he is into wealth redistribution. Obama was judged for that by those who wanted to judge him for that. The incidentals about Joe the plumber didn't detract from the comments Obama made. After it was revealed the Joe the plumber wasn't shooting as straight as he claimed (i.e. he wasn't buying a business, or in the position to buy a business or whatever the hell it was) people jumped on Joe. That doesn't diminish the number of votes lost by Obama from his initial statement, despite how someone wants to spin it now.

There's something really sad going on with the righties in this forum lately. I'm not criticizing or name calling, just observing the sadness in their posts - a desparation to find a conspiracy to ruin a good man rather than an admission that Romney is a shitty candidate.

Romney's a shitty candidate. Kerry was a shitty candidate. McCain was a shitty candidate. Dole was a shitty candidate. Dukakis and Mondale were shitty candidates. Often a shitty candidate is the nominee. It's okay to admit it. It makes the loss easier to understand and leaves you with less rage.

Obama's not a great President. I'll admit it. There's no conspiracy to make it seem he's not a great President. He just isn't. There's crazy people who say crazy shit about him, but that doesn't make him a bad leader. He owns that.
    I don't understand how a business guy who saved the 2002 Utah Olympics and the Big Dig is seen as a weak candidate.

maybe he should just be a Robin Hood, amirite?
    Old 09-20-2012, 04:44 PM   #29863
    ThatLetter

Shows Seen: 16

DMB Hub Stubs: 8

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I don't understand how a business guy who saved the 2002 Utah Olympics and the Big Dig is seen as a weak candidate.

I'm not saying he hasn't accomplished anything. I'm not saying he's not a lovely human being. He's bad at running for President. He has offered no specifics in terms of an economic plan (I know Obama hasn't either - that doesn't change anything about what Romney has or hasn't done), he contradicts himself on a nearly daily basis (I'll repeal Obamacare, I'll keep parts of it), several of his "powerful" criticism of Obama (welfare, medicaid, embassy attacks) are based not on distortions but demonstrable untruths.

Ronald Reagan was a great Presidential candidate. Bill Clinton was a great Presidential candidate. Barack Obama was a great Presidential candidate (but not a good President). Romney is not a good candidate. It's okay to admit it. You can vote for him with pride or shame or with a plugged nose. It matters in no way to me. Just don't make excuses for why he's going to lose. He's going to lose because people don't like, trust, or have faith in him based on his actions, words, and belief system. That's the way it always works in elections.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by scrock25 View Post
    Jesus Christ justink just shut the fuck up for once. Why does everything with you turn into an argument?
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by blaise34 View Post
    CNN headline - Court gives baker narrow win in gay wedding cake case
    7-2 is narrow now
    Old 09-20-2012, 04:48 PM   #29864
    ShotgunDMB

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 1

My Tour Central Stats

obama supporters so over confident. love it.
    Old 09-20-2012, 04:51 PM   #29865
    rconverse

My Tour Central Stats

I don't believe you believe a lot of what is in that 2nd paragraph.

I believe Obama will win but not at all for the reasons you outlined.
    Old 09-20-2012, 05:04 PM   #29866
    Jake

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I'm not saying he hasn't accomplished anything. I'm not saying he's not a lovely human being. He's bad at running for President. He has offered no specifics in terms of an economic plan (I know Obama hasn't either - that doesn't change anything about what Romney has or hasn't done), he contradicts himself on a nearly daily basis (I'll repeal Obamacare, I'll keep parts of it), several of his "powerful" criticism of Obama (welfare, medicaid, embassy attacks) are based not on distortions but demonstrable untruths.

Ronald Reagan was a great Presidential candidate. Bill Clinton was a great Presidential candidate. Barack Obama was a great Presidential candidate (but not a good President). Romney is not a good candidate. It's okay to admit it. You can vote for him with pride or shame or with a plugged nose. It matters in no way to me. Just don't make excuses for why he's going to lose. He's going to lose because people don't like, trust, or have faith in him based on his actions, words, and belief system. That's the way it always works in elections.

I just don't see Romney as faulted as McCain (or Dukakis for us older folk)

Maybe it's because the country is so divided now; moreso than under Bush, and maybe not as bad since 1860. It's just an odd time.
    Old 09-20-2012, 05:28 PM   #29867
    ThatLetter

Shows Seen: 16

DMB Hub Stubs: 8

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I just don't see Romney as faulted as McCain (or Dukakis for us older folk)

Maybe it's because the country is so divided now; moreso than under Bush, and maybe not as bad since 1860. It's just an odd time.
    You're damn right about that.

Dukakis. Sweet Jesus, what a disaster of a candidate.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by scrock25 View Post
    Jesus Christ justink just shut the fuck up for once. Why does everything with you turn into an argument?
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by blaise34 View Post
    CNN headline - Court gives baker narrow win in gay wedding cake case
    7-2 is narrow now
    Old 09-20-2012, 07:36 PM   #29868
    Jake

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    You're damn right about that.

Dukakis. Sweet Jesus, what a disaster of a candidate.
    Is be remiss if I didn't agree with your assessment of Dole. He was dicey
    Old 09-20-2012, 08:12 PM   #29869
    Jake

My Tour Central Stats

Did the US get a new flag?

Must've missed that...
    Old 09-20-2012, 10:57 PM   #29870
    iMAC386
    BOOMER!

Shows Seen: 1

DMB Hub Stubs: 3

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ShotgunDMB View Post
    obama supporters so over confident. love it.
    Look at Nate Silver's numbers on the 538 blog, the best source out there for predicting the winner, and tell me what there's not to like for Obama supporters?

It's not overconfidence, it's just the electoral map truth. Romney's path to 270 is damn near impossible if that campaign remains static for the next 2 months. At the end of the day the only thing that matters logistically is the GOTV efforts in the swing states...and ground game is what Obama's campaigns have done so well. The only unknown at this point is what kind of effect these voter suppression measures will have.
    Old 09-20-2012, 11:03 PM   #29871
    Lee3691

Shows Seen: 129

DMB Hub Stubs: 30

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    It has nothing to do with anything. It's an excuse to dismiss what is an embarrassing insight into Romney's thinking and his worldview.

Joe the plumber engaged the Obama. Obama said he is into wealth redistribution. Obama was judged for that by those who wanted to judge him for that. The incidentals about Joe the plumber didn't detract from the comments Obama made. After it was revealed the Joe the plumber wasn't shooting as straight as he claimed (i.e. he wasn't buying a business, or in the position to buy a business or whatever the hell it was) people jumped on Joe. That doesn't diminish the number of votes lost by Obama from his initial statement, despite how someone wants to spin it now.

There's something really sad going on with the righties in this forum lately. I'm not criticizing or name calling, just observing the sadness in their posts - a desparation to find a conspiracy to ruin a good man rather than an admission that Romney is a shitty candidate.

Romney's a shitty candidate. Kerry was a shitty candidate. McCain was a shitty candidate. Dole was a shitty candidate. Dukakis and Mondale were shitty candidates. Often a shitty candidate is the nominee. It's okay to admit it. It makes the loss easier to understand and leaves you with less rage.

Obama's not a great President. I'll admit it. There's no conspiracy to make it seem he's not a great President. He just isn't. There's crazy people who say crazy shit about him, but that doesn't make him a bad leader. He owns that.
    Quote:

Well written.

What a strange political time, starting in 2000
    2000: Popular Vote winner lost election because of controversy in a very close swing state, although he had other reasons he lost (not using Clinton, not winning his home state, not dealing with Nader)
    2004: Incumbent wins because of a terrorist attack & shitty candidate, in an election that without both of those, he would of gotten trounced
    2008: First black President elected with the highest popular vote % in 20 years against a candidate that crossed the aisle probably more than any other politician
    Old 09-21-2012, 05:35 AM   #29872
    Jake

My Tour Central Stats

I agree with everyone, its over.

Unless the President says something crazy like he can't fix Washington as president, but he'd never say that...
    Old 09-21-2012, 05:51 AM   #29873
    barefoot
    More coffee....

Shows Seen: 60

DMB Hub Stubs: 15

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I agree with everyone, its over.

Unless the President says something crazy like he can't fix Washington as president, but he'd never say that...
    No he just does an interpretive dance of it every day when he rolls into work
    Old 09-21-2012, 05:58 AM   #29874
    Minarets2222

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

Neither being a businessman nor anything having to do with the Olympics are necessary or sufficient qualities to make a good President, and therefore a good candidate.
    Old 09-21-2012, 06:00 AM   #29875
    Minarets2222

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Minarets2222 View Post
    Neither being a businessman nor anything having to do with the Olympics are necessary or sufficient qualities to make a good President, and therefore a good candidate.
    That logic doesn't imply or assert that I think that Romney is a bad candidate.

It just implies and asserts that if he is a good candidate, those are not the reasons why.
    Old 09-21-2012, 06:02 AM   #29876
    Lee3691

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Minarets2222 View Post
    That logic doesn't imply or assert that I think that Romney is a bad candidate.

It just implies and asserts that if he is a good candidate, those are not the reasons why.
    True. the last "businessman President" (Dubya) was one of the worse foreign policy (well worse overall) Presidents in our nation's history.
    Old 09-21-2012, 06:06 AM   #29877
    Minarets2222

My Tour Central Stats

Qualities that I think DO make for a good candidate include high intelligence, education, compassion, and strength of moral character.
    Old 09-21-2012, 06:07 AM   #29878
    barefoot
    More coffee....

Shows Seen: 60

DMB Hub Stubs: 15

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Lee3691 View Post
    True. the last "businessman President" (Dubya) was one of the worse foreign policy (well worse overall) Presidents in our nation's history.
    Our Embassy in Libya was just attacked and 4 American's were killed. How is Obama doing in that category? He is asking foreign leaders to give him space until after the elections! I would say he is just as bad as Bush was. Also when did having money be such a stigma? Usually people in that position are there for a reason, I don't know many dumb rich people, poor people on the other hand...
    Old 09-21-2012, 06:09 AM   #29879
    Minarets2222

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by barefoot View Post
    Our Embassy in Libya was just attacked and 4 American's were killed. How is Obama doing in that category? He is asking foreign leaders to give him space until after the elections! I would say he is just as bad as Bush was. Also when did having money be such a stigma? Usually people in that position are there for a reason, I don't know many dumb rich people, poor people on the other hand...
    There are lots of stupid rich people. It doesn't take any intelligence to be born into a wealthy family.
    Old 09-21-2012, 06:09 AM   #29880
    Lee3691

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by barefoot View Post
    I totally agree with you that Obama's foreign policy has been one of the biggest disappointments - I personally didn't think he was going to follow Dubya's foreign policy.

Tags
    peeping rahm