Plan For Hangout... For those interested in splitting hotels, partying, etc with ants - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion > General Discussion > DMBc Discussion > DMB Tour Discussion

Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

Old 02-12-2012, 09:40 AM   #1
PuTeR_54
*~PeAcE~* :)-K1

Shows Seen: 117

DMB Hub Stubs: 28

My Tour Central Stats

Plan For Hangout... For those interested in splitting hotels, partying, etc with ants

Hey everyone... I'm sure we are all excited about the up and coming 2012 tour... myself included... however, if you are like me... you want to try and swing as many shows as financially possible... the hangout was a little curve ball but i'm all up for the festi style fun!!! I am driving from florida, a little south of tampa, thursday afternoon after work.. for me its about a 10hr drive... i should be arriving around 3am friday morning... this thread is for those who are interested in trying to find other ants who may be up for the idea of splitting on gas, hotel, beach houses, partying, etc. i know i am... i did gorge and a.c. last year and am planning to do gorge, all florida, RR if there is... alpine and camden... for those interested in working things out for those... well message me and there will be another thread for that... this is strictly for the hangout... so... your thoughts everyone? who is interested? find me at facebook.com/caputo.paul to confirm i am who i say i am.... unfortunately, there are many of sleaze bags out there and you never know who may come your way... lets make this another peaceful dave weekend and lets have a blast.... PeAcE
PuTeR_54 is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 02-12-2012, 09:44 AM   #2
    Arby
    We Have The Meats

Shows Seen: 24

DMB Hub Stubs: 12

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Plan For Hangout... For those interested in splitting hotels, partying, etc with

Good idea. People can meet up and.........hangout Bolololo

I'm not going but I do plan on setting aside some time that night to bitch about the setlist from my couch
    Old 02-12-2012, 06:38 PM   #3
    PuTeR_54

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Plan For Hangout... For those interested in splitting hotels, partying, etc with

personally, i dont think its gonna be all that bad... they will probably keep it upbeat.... i just dont wanna here them open with ddtw again lol

facebook.com/caputo.paul
    Old 02-13-2012, 05:00 AM   #4
    plantholtk1
    Rozz Lite

Shows Seen: 58

DMB Hub Stubs: 19

My Tour Central Stats

There are seven of us heading from Northern Kentucky/Cincinnati Wednesday night. Is anyone having any luck finding reasonably priced lodging?
    plantholtk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-13-2012, 06:34 AM   #5
    treyfunderburk

Shows Seen: 13

DMB Hub Stubs: 8

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by plantholtk1 View Post
    There are seven of us heading from Northern Kentucky/Cincinnati Wednesday night. Is anyone having any luck finding reasonably priced lodging?
    go to alaparks.gov and try camping out in GULF STATE PARK. It might be 2 miles from the fest. SO check it out and call the lady. 31 a night. with a nonrefundable one night deposit.

might wanna check their policy about alcohol/coolers.

I would bring a grill and what not, but I don't want it to get stolen.
    treyfunderburk is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-13-2012, 06:46 AM   #6
    PuTeR_54

My Tour Central Stats

Correct... And there is a shuttle that runs every 20min from the campsite... I know that I wanna get there early for some rail action so I'm thinking of bringing my bike and just locking it up to a post during the day... Also, I talked to a guy up there last night and he said most people rent spots in their yards for parling and possibly camping... Keep those feet a moving!
    Old 02-13-2012, 08:43 AM   #7
    bpfols

Shows Seen: 30

DMB Hub Stubs: 14

My Tour Central Stats

We are going down with a group of 7-8, we can all party pretty hard and would love to meet up with some other ants at the Gulf St. park campground for some pre/post gaming. Actually, we are kinda Geocaching nerds and are looking to do a bunch in the park during the down time. There are 60+ in Gluf park alone, if anyone wants to get together and come hunt down some caches with us that would be fun.
    bpfols is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-13-2012, 08:52 AM   #8
    dantillo24
    come and relax now

Shows Seen: 23

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by bpfols View Post
    We are going down with a group of 7-8, we can all party pretty hard and would love to meet up with some other ants at the Gulf St. park campground for some pre/post gaming. Actually, we are kinda Geocaching nerds and are looking to do a bunch in the park during the down time. There are 60+ in Gluf park alone, if anyone wants to get together and come hunt down some caches with us that would be fun.
    ill be staying there as well and would love to hang out with some ants and party. never heard of geocaching what is that?
    Old 02-13-2012, 08:59 AM   #9
    krismason

Shows Seen: 35

My Tour Central Stats

I can check with gf, we got a place .5 away for 200 nt and right on beach. We are driving from louisville

Quote:
    krismason is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-13-2012, 08:59 AM   #10
    bpfols

My Tour Central Stats

It's a lot of fun, in a nerdy sort of way...lol. It's like a scavenger hunt, you'll get clues maybe some gps coordinates and then you try and hunt down a "cache". Usally just a notebook that you can sign your name in. Some times it's like a chest and you can leave a little something in there. It's fun to read through others logs and what they wrote when they sign it.
    Old 02-13-2012, 09:22 AM   #11
    dantillo24
    come and relax now

Shows Seen: 23

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by bpfols View Post
    It's a lot of fun, in a nerdy sort of way...lol. It's like a scavenger hunt, you'll get clues maybe some gps coordinates and then you try and hunt down a "cache". Usally just a notebook that you can sign your name in. Some times it's like a chest and you can leave a little something in there. It's fun to read through others logs and what they wrote when they sign it.
    i love it im so down
    Old 02-13-2012, 09:30 AM   #12
    bpfols

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dantillo24 View Post
    i love it im so down
    Awesome! We'll have to get together, hopefully we can get some more Ants and register a "Hangout Ants" team and share the registration info on the board here and see how many of the 60+ we can collectively find.

I am actually looking into the permitting process to place a new cache in the park. Some sort of DMB/Ants theme with some clever DMB/Ants related clues but I am not nearly creative enough...lol
    Old 02-13-2012, 09:34 AM   #13
    plantholtk1
    Rozz Lite

Shows Seen: 58

DMB Hub Stubs: 19

My Tour Central Stats

It looks like camping might be the answer, These prices are getting out of control for the few hotels around. Not many good reviews either; for the hotels' that is.
    plantholtk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-13-2012, 10:10 AM   #14
    bpfols

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    It looks like camping might be the answer, These prices are getting out of control for the few hotels around. Not many good reviews either; for the hotels' that is.
    I think the campgrounds are gonna be a blast, hope they are lenient about alcohol.
    Old 02-15-2012, 01:24 PM   #15
    CharliMarching
    CharliMarching

Shows Seen: 51

DMB Hub Stubs: 20

My Tour Central Stats

We're driving from Minneapolis and staying in Foley... Road tripping down. Would love to meet up with some ants there or along the way!
    CharliMarching is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-15-2012, 03:24 PM   #16
    PuTeR_54

My Tour Central Stats

anyone still looking to swing the hangout and need assistance? because i am still trying to solidify some plans

facebook.com/caputo.paul
    Old 02-15-2012, 05:56 PM   #17
    Hahninator
    Dreaming Tree

Shows Seen: 71

DMB Hub Stubs: 18

My Tour Central Stats

Coming from Atlanta-area to a place my family has in Orange Beach! Hangout, ATL and Charlotte. Went to Hangout last year and had a BLAST. Awesome festival - can't wait to see DMB in the sand.
    Hahninator is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-16-2012, 05:42 PM   #18
    PuTeR_54

My Tour Central Stats

keep this post a running people PeAcE

facebook.com/caputo.paul
    Old 02-17-2012, 05:02 AM   #19
    bpfols

My Tour Central Stats

Just bought my tickets and shuttle passes!! Coming down with a group of 8. We bring the party....
    Old 02-21-2012, 06:44 PM   #20
    PuTeR_54

My Tour Central Stats

hey... i am still looking... anyone willing to help? PeAcE

facebook.com/caputo.paul
    Old 02-26-2012, 12:11 PM   #21
    PuTeR_54

My Tour Central Stats

looks like i'm camping.. look forward to meeting all of ya'll

facebook.com/caputo.paul
    Old 02-29-2012, 01:22 PM   #22
    behaviorguy

Shows Seen: 47

DMB Hub Stubs: 15

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by PuTeR_54 View Post
    Hey everyone... I'm sure we are all excited about the up and coming 2012 tour... myself included... however, if you are like me... you want to try and swing as many shows as financially possible... the hangout was a little curve ball but i'm all up for the festi style fun!!! I am driving from florida, a little south of tampa, thursday afternoon after work.. for me its about a 10hr drive... i should be arriving around 3am friday morning... this thread is for those who are interested in trying to find other ants who may be up for the idea of splitting on gas, hotel, beach houses, partying, etc. i know i am... i did gorge and a.c. last year and am planning to do gorge, all florida, RR if there is... alpine and camden... for those interested in working things out for those... well message me and there will be another thread for that... this is strictly for the hangout... so... your thoughts everyone? who is interested? find me at facebook.com/caputo.paul to confirm i am who i say i am.... unfortunately, there are many of sleaze bags out there and you never know who may come your way... lets make this another peaceful dave weekend and lets have a blast.... PeAcE
    I would love to know how you managed the Gorge from Florida. We live in Orlando, and every year my wife gives me grief for not going. God forbid the band stops touring before we figure out a way to make it work, she might divorce me! Do you drive across country, or fly to Seattle and rent a car to drive in? And if camping, how do you get your gear across country if you fly? Any tips are appreciated! Now I just have to find someone to watch the kids for a week...
    behaviorguy is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-29-2012, 02:23 PM   #23
    ajc_1988
    ...til we dance away.

Shows Seen: 153

DMB Hub Stubs: 29

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by behaviorguy View Post
    I would love to know how you managed the Gorge from Florida. We live in Orlando, and every year my wife gives me grief for not going. God forbid the band stops touring before we figure out a way to make it work, she might divorce me! Do you drive across country, or fly to Seattle and rent a car to drive in? And if camping, how do you get your gear across country if you fly? Any tips are appreciated! Now I just have to find someone to watch the kids for a week...
    I don't live in Florida...but I'm making the trek from Virginia Beach. I'm flying to Seattle and renting a car a few days before the show to explore WA state, see Mount Rainier, etc. I'm bringing all that I can on the plane with me, and buying the rest when I land in Seattle. Camping out at the Gorge, return car, fly home. All for around 1000, not too shabby, and the most practical. But then again, if you have time to drive cross country, I would opt for that. I can't get that much leave approved, or I'd do it myself.

Hope this helps a little.
    Old 03-01-2012, 02:37 AM   #24
    Philthyg

Shows Seen: 41

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

I live in Indy, my group backed out on me so I'm looking for help with a ride and or lodging. I would gladly pay for gas as well as a share of a condo, would be willing to trade as well. Making this trip solo and am kinda iffy on going so if you know anyone that needs a ticket I'm willing to hear any offers; will trade tickets to other shows/artists.
    Email me at philthyg100@gmail.com

2012: hangout, riverbend, deer creek X 2
    Philthyg is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-01-2012, 02:38 AM   #25
    Philthyg

Shows Seen: 41

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

I live in Indy, my group backed out on me so I'm looking for help with a ride and or lodging. I would gladly pay for gas as well as a share of a condo, would be willing to trade as well. Making this trip solo and am kinda iffy on going so if you know anyone that needs a ticket I'm willing to hear any offers; will trade tickets to other shows/artists.
    Email me at philthyg1070@gmail.com

2012: hangout, riverbend, deer creek X 2
    Philthyg is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-02-2012, 09:34 PM   #26
    PuTeR_54

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ajc_1988 View Post
    I don't live in Florida...but I'm making the trek from Virginia Beach. I'm flying to Seattle and renting a car a few days before the show to explore WA state, see Mount Rainier, etc. I'm bringing all that I can on the plane with me, and buying the rest when I land in Seattle. Camping out at the Gorge, return car, fly home. All for around 1000, not too shabby, and the most practical. But then again, if you have time to drive cross country, I would opt for that. I can't get that much leave approved, or I'd do it myself.

Hope this helps a little.
    Ok... Mind you i just turned 24... a bit spontaneous.... so my Gorge trip was originally planned with someone i met in A.C. last year... we planned like two weeks before the show... we were gonna meet in Seattle wednesday evening.. rent a car... drive to the campsite... then leave right after the show to catch a 6am flight back... well... two days before my flight... she cancels... i went into panic mode and searched relentlessly trying to figure something out... then i came across toups town... they meet wednesday night at a hotel by the airport and take a bus to the gorge thursday... about 20 people... sounded like a miracle... all dave fans specifically on a destination to the Gorge.... then on monday they return in the afternoon... i ended up finding someone who had an early flight and cut a deal that i would drive back so they can rest... all worked out perfectly and that is my same plan for this year... so i am still looking for a ride back for this year after the show for another 6am flight lol.... but price break down is as follows per person:
    bus- $60
    camping-$30
    flight-$400
    ticket-$120ish
    food/drink- varies on person
    THATS IT!!! last year it was a $200 caravan ticket that i didnt use but on the last day.... the first two i was lucky enough to get in at 9am... nothing like sitting in the middle of the lawn at the gorge with no one around... quite a surreal experience... the flight is obviously the most expensive part but well worth it... any questions please feel free to e-mail me... noname4me54@aim.com Be PeAcE filled my friends

facebook.com/caputo.paul
    Old 03-03-2012, 02:46 AM   #27
    Phulish

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 1

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    we have flown from Philly the last 3 years. We rent a minivan Thurs when we arrive and stay in Seattle that night (my bro lives in Tacoma so we have dinner with him). We pack a 2 person tent, 2 collapsible chairs, a small metal table and 2 sleeping bags and liquor and warm and light clothes as the temp varies widely from day to night (although last year was the warmest nights yet)

We then head to a nearby walmart that night, buy a cooler and food. We get cereal, milk, sandwich stuff, munchies, tons of water and beer.

We then drive out to the Gorge which is such an easy,fun, ride. We do terrace camping. Larger parking/tent spot, nice views, some coffee/danish in the AM. Real bathrooms (and honey buckets as well). Hot showers with little to no lines and quiet late at night if you want to sleep and a van to and from the venue (about a 10 minute walk) if you choose to use it.

We spend the days hanging out, or terrace alllows reentry so we have gone to moses lake and jet skiied or down to the beach.

We usually leave for seattle after night 3 and donate our cooler and left over stuff to someone who has come locally. We get a hotel in Sea to get some sleep and fly back early in the AM on Monday.

We ship the kids to Grammy and Pops down in Charleston the night before we fly out.

It isn't cheap, but it is our vacation together without the kids and we deserve it. I have spent twice as much going to Disney and that place makes me cringe. The gorge is just holy!
    Phulish is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-09-2012, 12:17 PM   #28
    PuTeR_54

My Tour Central Stats

last year were the warmest nights!?!?!?!? i was freezing!!

facebook.com/caputo.paul
    Old 04-01-2012, 05:59 PM   #29
    DMBblake
    Blake

Shows Seen: 11

DMB Hub Stubs: 6

My Tour Central Stats

Im from mobile al(45 min drive to the show) and have stayed at gulf state park many times. They are pretty cool about alcohol as long as you dont bother anyone around you. Also the park is infested with albino racoons that will steal your food/drinks. Seriously! Im still looking for a ticket to show so if anyone knows anything please let me know. It will be a great time for everyone. Hope you enjoy my beautiful home
    Old 04-03-2012, 12:47 AM   #30
    Shotgun34
    And tomorrow...

Shows Seen: 17

DMB Hub Stubs: 9

My Tour Central Stats

hey all i hope everyone is as pumped as i am for the hangout! what a way to kick off the summer. i am coming with my two best friends from austin, tx. any other people from austin coming?

whats the party plan?