DMB Live at Brixton DVD/Blu-Ray...is it true? - Page 4 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion > General Discussion > DMBc Discussion
Register Rules Community Top Lists Torrents AM.org

Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

Old 07-15-2009, 11:51 PM   #91
CrawfordGossen
Jazz Fest '09

Shows Seen: 11

DMB Hub Stubs: 6

My Tour Central Stats

Re: DMB Live at Brixton DVD/Blu-Ray...is it true?

Awesome..blu-ray would be the shit.
CrawfordGossen is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 07-15-2009, 11:52 PM   #92
    panini2001
    DMBritain

Shows Seen: 16

DMB Hub Stubs: 10

My Tour Central Stats

DMB could not have chosen a better venue for filming. Great sound, energetic European audience who only get to see the boys every few years so much more appreciation shown from them plus the only people bleating about it were not there and judge the shows by setlists?
    Old 07-16-2009, 12:06 AM   #93
    spoot388

Shows Seen: 94

DMB Hub Stubs: 27

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ben47364 View Post
    wow...

1.) The london shows were great shows. They have a core set of songs they play on a tour and they throw odd balls in and out of there rotation.

2.) SPAC,ALIPINE, STAR are GREAT AUDIO SHOWS...but not every show is FILMED by professionals they have to get permission WAY WAY WAY in advance to video a show at a venue, They to have a recording policy they have to follow for legal reasons. SO NOOOOOOO you will never see a professional DVD of any SPAC n2 or ALPINE valley or Star lake from 2008 because well...if you didnt see 25 HD cameras filming with 100 extra people standing beside you at a show with lighting equipment and sound equipment you are dreaming about getting a DVD...EVERY SHOW IS recorded for audio documentation, not every show is filmed.

3.) Is it just me or are even the regulars that are posting on here all the time beginning to get dumber? really guys with 2,000 or more post??!?! really? why on earth would they dare release a CD/DVD of a 2 night LONDON stand with Seven,Funny,LITHOG,Dive In,You & Me,Alligator Pie,Rye Whiskey,Time Bomb,I'll Be There,Squirm,Shake Me making there CD/DVD debuts? In the same year they released an album with those songs being on it? ohh no its the end of the world its not Halloween the most overrated rare song ever he says the F word 60 times just like when he says Stand up 64 times in Stand up. honestly with that many songs making a debut and it being on BLU Ray....it's a pretty solid package...be happy Everyday and I did it aren't the rarest songs heard on those nights and be happy at the fact that you're being treated to a European experience for the first time of your favorite band. Not every show can be a show of obscure rare songs from there past or a bunch of new songs never before played.

Most of the people that say this show is a lot like the last show is dumb in my mind. Truthfully that's because the show they previously saw was 200 miles away from the current show they were seeing and well DMB is not following you...you are following DMB so the fact that it sounds a lot like the last show is because you were in another city with 25,000 other people listening to that venues set, they expect the listener to be a fresh new listener in each and every city not someone who follows them to 50 venues and complains...i've heard this song 35 times this summer...it's getting old (cry cry cry)....well don't go to all 48 shows in a row expecting it to be a SPAC n2, greedy little pigs.

2- no, not every show is filmed by pros, but they could have planned to film SPAC before the tour started just like they planned London. i don't know why anyone would have thought Europe would get sets anywhere near as good as they play here, so why waste the dvd on an underwhelming pair of shows?

and 3- those songs would have made their cd/dvd debut no matter what show was released, so that adds nothing to the side of London getting released. if anything, its worse because these shows are so early in the tour.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by panini2001 View Post
    DMB could not have chosen a better venue for filming. Great sound, energetic European audience who only get to see the boys every few years so much more appreciation shown from them plus the only people bleating about it were not there and judge the shows by setlists?

considering the band has been amazing on just about every song they've played the last year and a half, ya, you can actually base a show on the setlist alone. every version of every song is going to be played just about as well as it can be, so when you see Two Step on a set, you have a pretty idea about what it was like. unless something crazy happens, its pretty easy, and accurate, to judge a show on setlist alone.
    Old 07-16-2009, 12:06 AM   #94
    GrooGrux420
    In Austin we trust.

Shows Seen: 29

DMB Hub Stubs: 14

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ShineOn6780 View Post
    No offense to your venue but I am soooooooooooo sick of people going on and on about SPAC!!!!!
    They're just happy they are no longer the red-headed stepchild to Alpine.& Gorge.
    GrooGrux420 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-16-2009, 12:17 AM   #95
    The Mango
    Men are Scared of Me

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 1

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by spoot388 View Post
    2- no, not every show is filmed by pros, but they could have planned to film SPAC before the tour started just like they planned London. i don't know why anyone would have thought Europe would get sets anywhere near as good as they play here, so why waste the dvd on an underwhelming pair of shows?

and 3- those songs would have made their cd/dvd debut no matter what show was released, so that adds nothing to the side of London getting released. if anything, its worse because these shows are so early in the tour.

considering the band has been amazing on just about every song they've played the last year and a half, ya, you can actually base a show on the setlist alone. every version of every song is going to be played just about as well as it can be, so when you see Two Step on a set, you have a pretty idea about what it was like. unless something crazy happens, its pretty easy, and accurate, to judge a show on setlist alone.
    i would have said the same for the setlist thing, until LT 14 came out. now, i'm not as judgeful(yes, i know it's not a word)
    The Mango is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-16-2009, 12:20 AM   #96
    Sooner17
    Fishtelling.

Shows Seen: 1

DMB Hub Stubs: 2

My Tour Central Stats

If this hits BD, I'll be fine with the release and the setlist. If it gets a release but only on dvd, then I'll be extremely disappointed.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Fedx09925 View Post
    Can't a brother just sell a trinket!
    Sooner17 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-16-2009, 05:02 AM   #97
    TheLostMoment

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 1

My Tour Central Stats

Ok I know I'll probably get flamed for having the audacity to a) give my opinion on here when I've only just joined and made one post, and b) have the sheer nerve to be a British DMB fan, but I'm gonna have my say anyway, in fact I only registered on this forum to reply about these shows and to point out your totally misjudged opinion of British and european DMB fans.

I was at the second show and it was a fantastic experience. Yes, you would be right for thinking that it was my first DMB concert, but I am a massive fan and have all the other DVD releases in my collection, so have a pretty good idea of what to expect from an official DVD, and I think it was a great idea to release these shows. I see your point about them playing some of the same songs yet again for this release rather than some rarer ones, but IMO its not nearly as criminal as the similarities between Central Park and Piedmont. I honestly don't know why they even bothered releasing Piedmont, loads of the same songs as CP, wheeling out Warren yet again, I could go on. Not to mention Boyd's violin going out of tune after the fifth track and staying that way for the duration.

The setting was perfect, the fact that they didn't use their lighting rig is a GOOD thing for this type of show, then again I guess if you've only seen them in a massive arena you'd have to have something pretty to look at, but trust me when you have Dave, Boyd and Jeff going crazy TWO FEET in front of you you wouldn't really care about a few bulbs would you? The performance itself was utterly flawless, and you do have some DVD firsts like LIOG and Billies so stop moaning. Also, even if some of the songs have been released before, the band is almost a new beast these days, having Tim on electric and Jeff on Sax totally changes the dynamic of the songs so they will still sound fresh. All the other DVDs are arena shows and this was a 3,000 capacity venue so imagine the differencce that makes. Of course I'm going to be a little biased as I was there, plus I was in the front row and got caught on camera so of course would get the DVD just to see me prancing like an idiot on it lol.

Second, you are all plain wrong about British/European fans. You assume we're casual, but in truth its the exact opposite, the fact DMB hardly ever comes here means we're more rabid than anyone else! In Britain where I am, you have to understand DMB gets NO radio airplay. As in, NEVER, EVER, ON ANY STATION, NOT EVEN A SINGLE TRACK. Its all word of mouth and such, I actually got into DMB from hearing 'Some Devil' on the credits of 21 grams, buying Dave's solo album, and going from there. The one time I can recall DMB getting ANY publicity here was around the time of Everyday, he played The Space Between on a morning chat show, and there was a billboard campaign, but that was a few years back and it didn't break the band here. So we have to work very hard to get people into the band ourselves, and are pretty obsessive. We DO know Haloween, we know Minarets, we know The Stone, we know Jane, Last Stop, Spoon etc. Don't condescend to us please. I would have loved for some of those songs to be played, but I understand why they weren't.

Now stop moaning about this release and stop stereotyping us!
    TheLostMoment is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-16-2009, 05:06 AM   #98
    JimiThng80

Shows Seen: 28

DMB Hub Stubs: 13

My Tour Central Stats

simply put,

Quote:
    Originally Posted by TheLostMoment View Post
    Ok I know I'll probably get flamed for having the audacity to a) give my opinion on here when I've only just joined and made one post, and b) have the sheer nerve to be a British DMB fan, but I'm gonna have my say anyway, in fact I only registered on this forum to reply about these shows and to point out your totally misjudged opinion of British and european DMB fans.

I was at the second show and it was a fantastic experience. Yes, you would be right for thinking that it was my first DMB concert, but I am a massive fan and have all the other DVD releases in my collection, so have a pretty good idea of what to expect from an official DVD, and I think it was a great idea to release these shows. I see your point about them playing some of the same songs yet again for this release rather than some rarer ones, but IMO its not nearly as criminal as the similarities between Central Park and Piedmont. I honestly don't know why they even bothered releasing Piedmont, loads of the same songs as CP, wheeling out Warren yet again, I could go on. Not to mention Boyd's violin going out of tune after the fifth track and staying that way for the duration.

The setting was perfect, the fact that they didn't use their lighting rig is a GOOD thing for this type of show, then again I guess if you've only seen them in a massive arena you'd have to have something pretty to look at, but trust me when you have Dave, Boyd and Jeff going crazy TWO FEET in front of you you wouldn't really care about a few bulbs would you? The performance itself was utterly flawless, and you do have some DVD firsts like LIOG and Billies so stop moaning. Also, even if some of the songs have been released before, the band is almost a new beast these days, having Tim on electric and Jeff on Sax totally changes the dynamic of the songs so they will still sound fresh. All the other DVDs are arena shows and this was a 3,000 capacity venue so imagine the differencce that makes. Of course I'm going to be a little biased as I was there, plus I was in the front row and got caught on camera so of course would get the DVD just to see me prancing like an idiot on it lol.

Second, you are all plain wrong about British/European fans. You assume we're casual, but in truth its the exact opposite, the fact DMB hardly ever comes here means we're more rabid than anyone else! In Britain where I am, you have to understand DMB gets NO radio airplay. As in, NEVER, EVER, ON ANY STATION, NOT EVEN A SINGLE TRACK. Its all word of mouth and such, I actually got into DMB from hearing 'Some Devil' on the credits of 21 grams, buying Dave's solo album, and going from there. The one time I can recall DMB getting ANY publicity here was around the time of Everyday, he played The Space Between on a morning chat show, and there was a billboard campaign, but that was a few years back and it didn't break the band here. So we have to work very hard to get people into the band ourselves, and are pretty obsessive. We DO know Haloween, we know Minarets, we know The Stone, we know Jane, Last Stop, Spoon etc. Don't condescend to us please. I would have loved for some of those songs to be played, but I understand why they weren't.

Too Much (Fake)>ASTB>Too Much (Fake)> Ants Marching
    JimiThng80 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-16-2009, 05:07 AM   #99
    iancontijoch

Shows Seen: 6

DMB Hub Stubs: 7

My Tour Central Stats

I'm fully aware I'll sound stupid for this,

but what's the difference in quality between Blu-Ray and DVD?

If you could give a numeric value to the qualities of both formats on a scale of 1 to 10, which would it be?

Sorry I'm not on the loop.
    iancontijoch is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-16-2009, 05:13 AM   #100
    mja271
    Big Mike

Shows Seen: 24

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by iancontijoch View Post

If you could give a numeric value to the qualities of both formats on a scale of 1 to 10, which would it be?

Blu Ray is alot better, especially with concert DVD's. RCMH on Blu Ray is like practically being there both picture wise and audio.
    Say a prayer for my soul seņorita
    mja271 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-16-2009, 05:14 AM   #101
    Trendall

Shows Seen: 7

DMB Hub Stubs: 8

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    This is spot on.
    Trendall is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-16-2009, 05:19 AM   #102
    CRLocky

Shows Seen: 31

DMB Hub Stubs: 11

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

Good form
    CRLocky is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-16-2009, 05:34 AM   #103
    panini2001
    DMBritain

Shows Seen: 16

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

Could not have said it better
    Old 07-16-2009, 05:38 AM   #104
    SmoothRider[PL]
    MM#14 A tortured soul

Shows Seen: 14

DMB Hub Stubs: 7

My Tour Central Stats

1. They could pick another venue for the DVD - they didn't.
    2. Your discussion here won't change anything - they will release it no matther if you do or don't like it. Wanna complain - complain to the management.
    3. If you don't wanna buy this release - don't buy it, just don't talk about it here, because we don't give a shit about your shopping.
    Old 07-16-2009, 05:39 AM   #105
    rwwest7

Shows Seen: 10

DMB Hub Stubs: 9

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ShineOn6780 View Post
    No offense to your venue but I am soooooooooooo sick of people going on and on about SPAC!!!!!
    Nice first post, couldn't have said it better myself!
    rwwest7 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-16-2009, 05:42 AM   #106
    rwwest7

DMB Hub Stubs: 9

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by iancontijoch View Post

If DVD's were a 5, then blu-ray would be a 10. Of course the source has to have been shot in HD, you can't take a movie that was filmed way before HD was even a thought ( like Top Gun or something ) and slap it on blu-ray. All the newer movies look draw dropping on blu-ray.
    rwwest7 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-16-2009, 05:43 AM   #107
    litskiDMB
    Cescy Football

Shows Seen: 17

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by carter41dmb View Post
    Why do people not understand that a DVD release must be planned in ADVANCE of the show happening. They just cant go and release SPAC on DVD because in retrospect they were great shows. THEY WERENT FILMED.

Management decided they were going to film London. Does this mean that DMB tailored their shows to a dvd release? NO. they played a standard two night stand and unfortunately it wasnt as epic as SPAC. I just cant stand when people say "oh they should release a better show than this on dvd". They cant go back in time and place 25 cameras at a great show.

100% wrong. They have cameras on every band member for every single show they play. Phish released a DVD from their archives just from similar footage shot at a show in 97. The DVD contains no swooping cameras or bullshit shots that don't pertain to the music, only on the band members and what they're playing. I would take that any day over a planned released.
    litskiDMB is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-16-2009, 06:07 AM   #108
    Beebz
    Tinnitus Victim

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DJGeneral View Post
    Not that good of a show
    Yeah, agreed. Why would they release this?
    Beebz is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-16-2009, 06:11 AM   #109
    Beebz
    Tinnitus Victim

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by theant06 View Post
    You are all fucking crybabies. And I'm damn sure as soon as it comes out you're all going to buy it and love "t3h energiezzzz!!!!" Quit fuckign complaining. It's the band's management's decision to appeal to the MASSES and not AntsMarching, an internets website that makes up maybe .01% of the DMB fanbase.

Releases aren't meant to please just a few- they're meant to release the MAJORITY who are in fact CASUAL listeners. As mentioned before, these are the people that'll buy it for Ants, Two Step, Stay, Funny The Way It Is, and Crush. These are show staples. Show staples and band staples sell. Rarities do not. If they were to release SPAC N2 from '09 it would sell a lot less than these Brixton shows. Why? Because the casual listeners most likely only would know FTWII, Why I Am, Jimi Thing, Crash, Two Step, and Granny. Now looking at Brixton - 95% of Big Whiskey, along with almost all of the radio hits - that's instant gold right there.

Stop fucking complaining you whining fucking faggot assholes.
    Excellent, well-constructed, well-thought-out post. +1
    Old 07-16-2009, 06:16 AM   #110
    Beebz
    Tinnitus Victim

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by rwwest7 View Post
    If DVD's were a 5, then blu-ray would be a 10. Of course the source has to have been shot in HD, you can't take a movie that was filmed way before HD was even a thought ( like Top Gun or something ) and slap it on blu-ray. All the newer movies look draw dropping on blu-ray.
    Jeez, all sorts of wrong here.

First off, Blu Rays would be a 15 compared to DVDs, particularly in the audio department, which, IMO, is the biggest reason to upgrade.

Second, you can absolutely re-release classic films on BD, and they look amazing. Gone With The Wind is undergoing a frame-by-frame remaster and is scheduled for a September release; The Godfather Trilogy received similar treatment and is already a huge hit.
    Old 07-16-2009, 06:30 AM   #111
    Jake

Shows Seen: 61

DMB Hub Stubs: 19

My Tour Central Stats

I think people are over analyzing this. very good shows from a growing market. sounds like win win if they do a dvd.
    Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-16-2009, 06:47 AM   #112
    proppenator

Shows Seen: 31

DMB Hub Stubs: 11

My Tour Central Stats

I can't believe people are actually bitching about this. These are pretty good setlists, we're getting the first DVD release of LIOG, and it's the first DVD we have with Jeff Coffin. Not to mention, they are being played in an intimate theater. AND we're getting both nights. AND it's in Blu Ray. This is excellent, I'll definitely buy it.
    proppenator is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-16-2009, 06:51 AM   #113
    jkrue22
    What it means

Shows Seen: 41

DMB Hub Stubs: 21

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by proppenator View Post
    I can't believe people are actually bitching about this. These are pretty good setlists, we're getting the first DVD release of LIOG, and it's the first DVD we have with Jeff Coffin. Not to mention, they are being played in an intimate theater. AND we're getting both nights. AND it's in Blu Ray. This is excellent, I'll definitely buy it.
    AND I can't believe no one has mentioned this, but wouldn't this also be the first DVD with Tim?? This would be sweet.
    2012 Ants Fantasy Baseball H2H Keeper League and League #4 Champion
    jkrue22 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-16-2009, 06:56 AM   #114
    Beebz
    Tinnitus Victim

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by proppenator View Post
    Why do you think we're getting both nights? Cant see a four-disc Blu Ray being a real strong sales structure for management.
    Old 07-16-2009, 07:05 AM   #115
    CoNC3PT
    Hiding in a Viking Ship

Shows Seen: 18

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by bbianca1982 View Post
    Why do you think we're getting both nights? Cant see a four-disc Blu Ray being a real strong sales structure for management.

You can get like 50 gigs on a Blu Ray disc
    CoNC3PT is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-16-2009, 07:06 AM   #116
    BruceW

Shows Seen: 61

DMB Hub Stubs: 22

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    I think people are over analyzing this. very good shows from a growing market. sounds like win win if they do a dvd.
    short, sweet, and 100% true
    BruceW is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-16-2009, 07:18 AM   #117
    aircavmike

Shows Seen: 250

DMB Hub Stubs: 38

My Tour Central Stats

If anything, most US fans should buy this release if for nothing else but to see how a crowd SHOULD react to seeing dmb perform

i was at both nites and they were easily 2 of the best crowds i've been a part of, and i've done the red rocks the alpines the spacs the msgs
    the people were so into the show and it was very clear the band was loving that interaction (especially during 2step with everyone clapping)

sometimes i think (and i'm guilty of this as well) that us in the states get spoiled seeing dmb 10 + times a year and seeing the same songs over and over again, people over there were losing their minds to so much to say just like people at SPAC when they busted out halloween
    aircavmike is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-16-2009, 07:52 AM   #118
    DMBzilla
    tour.

Shows Seen: 193

DMB Hub Stubs: 36

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by BruceW View Post
    they are still special shows to alot of people all over the world...
    They're special shows to the few thousand people who attended and no one else. I can promise you there's barely anyone who, upon looking at the Brixton setlists, said, "Oh my God, I can't believe I missed those shows! Those setlists are SICK!" On the flip side, tons of people on these very boards said just that after the N2's at SPAC and Starlake.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by MP483 View Post
    Guys listen to the tape of N2. Unbelievable performance wise. I've watched youtube videos of N1 and N2 and each performance has been great...Tim and Jeff and the band playing the best they've had in years in a small, intimate venue says it all really.
    Listen to SPAC N2 and Starlake N2 and tell me that Brixton had better performances, because it didn't. This is the most common statement people use on these boards to justify the quality of a sub-par show, that the setlist wasn't that great "but the performances were amaaaaaazing." Every show this tour has been loaded with great performances. I'd rather have a show that had great performances, plus songs like Typical and The Stone, i.e. SPAC and/or Starlake.

And why would anyone actually care what size venue they're in when I'm watching it in my living room? As far as I'm concerned, when I watch Central Park on DVD, I'm at a private concert. Venue size means nothing when you're talking about a DVD release.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by theant06 View Post
    I'm looking forward to seeing all the BWGK songs on DVD, as well as this Stone Reprise, the ASTB LIOG, getting Jimi Thing with Sexy M.F., Spacebread. Come on, what's not to like about this release? The fact there's no Blue Water, Spoon, or Last Stop?
    Every other show this tour will include plenty of songs from BWGK, and probably better classics. You're excited to see the Stone Reprise? Are you serious? How can you be excited about 8 seconds of video? Also, a release doesn't have to have Blue Water, Spoon or The Last Stop to be great, but when other shows have included songs like Typical, Stone, Jane and Halloween, those should be considered for release over just another show.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by CRLocky View Post
    And honestly, it wouldn't make much sense to release an album, go on tour, release a dvd WITHOUT the new album songs, and think they're going to make money.
    What other show this tour didn't include plenty of BWGK songs? For that matter, what show are people asking for that doesn't include tons of BWGK?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ben47364 View Post
    Most of the people that say this show is a lot like the last show is dumb in my mind. Truthfully that's because the show they previously saw was 200 miles away from the current show they were seeing and well DMB is not following you...you are following DMB so the fact that it sounds a lot like the last show is because you were in another city with 25,000 other people listening to that venues set, they expect the listener to be a fresh new listener in each and every city not someone who follows them to 50 venues and complains...i've heard this song 35 times this summer...it's getting old (cry cry cry)....well don't go to all 48 shows in a row expecting it to be a SPAC n2, greedy little pigs.
    Um, these two shows were recorded in the same venue on consecutive nights and contain 6 repeats. That has nothing to do with people who follow the band.

And most of the people that say this show is a lot like the last show is dumb, huh?
    DMBzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-16-2009, 08:04 AM   #119
    DrewD55

Shows Seen: 27

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DMBzilla View Post
    Listen to SPAC N2 and Starlake N2 and tell me that Brixton had better performances, because it didn't. This is the most common statement people use on these boards to justify the quality of a sub-par show, that the setlist wasn't that great "but the performances were amaaaaaazing." Every show this tour has been loaded with great performances. I'd rather have a show that had great performances, plus songs like Typical and The Stone, i.e. SPAC and/or Starlake.
    This is the truth. Very well said.
    Old 07-16-2009, 08:04 AM   #120
    mja271
    Big Mike

Shows Seen: 24

My Tour Central Stats

What's wrong with just releasing shows that are universally considered to be classic shows. I just don't understand why every release needs to be some 'big venue' type of thing. The DMB name sells well regardless, you might as well actually put out something that has some different shit instead of the 1 millionth released version Crash, ED, etc.

EDIT: And I'm sick of hearing people say that those who want SPAC released are venue fluffers. That's bullshit, people want SPAC released because instead of having the same run-of-the-mill traditional songs it featured Stone, Typical, Jane, and Halloween along with all the same BW stuff these other shows have. They want it released because it was actually unique and not cookie cutter and absolutely kicked ass. I don't give a shit where a show takes place. A great show is a great show.
    Say a prayer for my soul seņorita

Last edited by mja271; 07-16-2009 at 08:06 AM.
    mja271 is offline   Reply With Quote