** Official Obama Thread ** - Page 972 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion > General Discussion > nDMBc Discussion > The Prompter
Register Rules Community Top Lists Torrents AM.org

Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

Old 05-17-2011, 09:35 PM   #29131
vaxarado

Shows Seen: 49

DMB Hub Stubs: 20

My Tour Central Stats

Re: ** Official Premier Barack Hussein Obama, Nobel Peace Prize Winner (2009), Thread

Well Clemson, when you decide to stop being a child and trying to distract from the question and actually answer it, then we'll talk.

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 05-17-2011, 09:46 PM   #29132
    Swizz2007

Shows Seen: 18

DMB Hub Stubs: 9

My Tour Central Stats

Re: ** Official Premier Barack Hussein Obama, Nobel Peace Prize Winner (2009), Thread

Quote:
    Originally Posted by vaxarado View Post
    Clemson, I'm still waiting.....

Since you're such an expert on the case, what do you think about the trooper who survived the shootout admitting that he originally lied in official police reports?
    Wait, do you actually expect him to answer this? lol
    Old 05-17-2011, 09:49 PM   #29133
    clemson357
    the one who knocks

Shows Seen: 4

DMB Hub Stubs: 7

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Well Clemson, when you decide to stop being a child and trying to distract from the question and actually answer it, then we'll talk.
    Lol. Your the guy who want even admit to his assertion from 6 days ago in this very thread that Wright is not a radical.
    Old 05-17-2011, 09:50 PM   #29134
    vaxarado

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Swizz2007 View Post
    Wait, do you actually expect him to answer this? lol
    Haha no. See yet another post trying to distract from answering the question.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by clemson357 View Post
    Lol. Your the guy who want even admit to his assertion from 6 days ago in this very thread that Wright is not a radical.
    Please show me a post where I stated he was not a radical.
    Old 05-17-2011, 09:50 PM   #29135
    vaxarado

My Tour Central Stats

Oh and Clemson, I'm still waiting.....

Since you're such an expert on the case, what do you think about the trooper who survived the shootout admitting that he originally lied in official police reports?
    Old 05-17-2011, 09:51 PM   #29136
    vaxarado

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    And since you have those cute little posts in your sig, its "you're" as in "you are the guy...", not "your."
    Old 05-17-2011, 09:53 PM   #29137
    clemson357
    the one who knocks

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Nah, I ridicule people's opinions all the time. I'm currently ridiculing your opinion that the Common issue is worth being angry about, a week later.

I don't, however, think Common needs to apologize for his position simply because clemson357 and Sean Hannity think it's hurtful. He has a right to his opinion, period. I'm not all that familiar with the case, and neither are you (until Steve Doocy and Drudge told you about it), so your outrage is cute at best.

So Common has every right to his opinion that Shakur is innocent, which no one can support even in a message board of Wright-defenders, but I'm not entitled to my opinion that the NJ state troopers are justified in feeling that this song is hurtful and inappropriate.

Btw, you weren't familiar with the case either, by your own admission, before conservatives started talking about it. Not sure why you think that is an insult to me.
    Old 05-17-2011, 09:54 PM   #29138
    Swizz2007

My Tour Central Stats

Oh damn, vaxarado needs to sig that shit ASAP
    Old 05-17-2011, 09:56 PM   #29139
    vaxarado

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Oh damn, vaxarado needs to sig that shit ASAP
    Consider it done. Lol
    Old 05-17-2011, 09:58 PM   #29140
    Swizz2007

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    So Common has every right to his opinion that Shakur is innocent, which no one can support even in a message board of Wright-defenders, but I'm not entitled to my opinion that the NJ state troopers are justified in feeling that this song is hurtful and inappropriate.

Btw, you weren't familiar with the case either, by your own admission, before conservatives started talking about it. Not sure why you think that is an insult to me.
    None of us are supporting his opinion BECAUSE NONE OF US THINK HIS OPINION MATTERS. He's been invited to read poetry at the White House for one night in 2011, and you're isolating lyrics for one song on one album he made over a decade ago, as if it should be an immediate disqualification. My opinion is that even if he is dead wrong about the Shakur case (and he might be!!! I don't care!), he can still read some fucking poetry at one inconsequential event for one night at the White House.

And yeah, your lack of familiarity with the case is an insult because you're saying things like "COMMON HAS NO REASON TO THINK SHE'S INNOCENT". You are speaking as if you are a true authority on this issue when it is quite clear that you didn't know a thing about it until the far right decided it was worth being pissed about, last week.
    Old 05-17-2011, 09:59 PM   #29141
    vaxarado

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    None of us are supporting his opinion BECAUSE NONE OF US THINK HIS OPINION MATTERS. He's been invited to read poetry at the White House for one night in 2011, and you're isolating lyrics for one song on one album he made over a decade ago, as if it should be an immediate disqualification. My opinion is that even if he is dead wrong about the Shakur case (and he might be!!! I don't care!), he can still read some fucking poetry at one inconsequential event for one night at the White House.

And yeah, your lack of familiarity with the case is an insult because you're saying things like "COMMON HAS NO REASON TO THINK SHE'S INNOCENT". You are speaking as if you are a true authority on this issue when it is quite clear that you didn't know a thing about it until the far right decided it was worth being pissed about.
    Hahaha Yeah, this.
    Old 05-17-2011, 10:03 PM   #29142
    clemson357
    the one who knocks

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Oh and Clemson, I'm still waiting.....

Are you arguing that there is a credible case that she is innocent? If that is what you believe, why don't you stick your neck out right now and admit to it?

You deny that you defended wright, and in six more days you will probably denying that you minimized the case against Shakur. You aren't even trying to make a point here, just babbling about one miscellaneous tidbit which doesn't come close to negating the fact that a jury of 12 was convinced beyond a reasonable doubt that she was guilty, she apparently had no plausible case on appeal, and no one here has made any legitimate effort at explaining why she is innocent.
    Old 05-17-2011, 10:05 PM   #29143
    clemson357
    the one who knocks

My Tour Central Stats

It is an asinine and hurtful opinion that no one can support. And all you liberals would be foaming at the mouth if the song was about the disingenuous "innocence" of the killers of Matthew Shephard. But it was a white police officer in NJ killed by a member of the "black liberation army," so you don't give a fuck. Total racial double standard; end of story.

Last edited by clemson357; 05-17-2011 at 10:07 PM.
    Old 05-17-2011, 10:09 PM   #29144
    Swizz2007

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    It is an asinine and hurtful opinion that no one can support. And all you liberals would be foaming at the mouth if the song was about the disingenuous "innocence" of the killers of Matthew Shephard. But it was a white police officer in NJ killed by a member of the "black liberation army," so you don't give a fuck. Total racial double standard; end of story.
    This has absolutely nothing to do with race, at all. No, I really, really, really, really would not take the time to be angry about someone writing a Matthew Shephard song being invited to the White House. So incredibly unimportant in the scheme of things.

And. I wasn't mad when Bob Dylan was at the White House.

/thread

(if this thread had been just about Common)

Last edited by Swizz2007; 05-17-2011 at 10:10 PM.
    Old 05-17-2011, 10:10 PM   #29145
    vaxarado

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Are you arguing that there is a credible case that she is innocent? If that is what you believe, why don't you stick your neck out right now and admit to it?

You deny that you defended wright, and in six more days you will probably denying that you minimized the case against Shakur. You aren't even trying to make a point here, just babbling about one miscellaneous tidbit which doesn't come close to negating the fact that a jury of 12 was convinced beyond a reasonable doubt that she was guilty, she apparently had no plausible case on appeal, and no one here has made any legitimate effort at explaining why she is innocent.
    I have no idea if there is a credible case that she is innocent. I haven't researched the case anywhere near enough to be able to form an honest opinion on the case. Then again, I'm not making statements demanding that Common should apologize and other such nonsense. I found that tidbit with 5 minutes of quick research. A tidbit that combined with other things could easily make it that there might be a credible case that she is innocent. An officer admitting to falsifying police documents might make me question what he has stated is true or whether he just made up some stuff.

Since you're such an expert, I'm sure you're aware that you're also aware that there was a 4 year gap between the shootings and her conviction. I'm sure that with all the coverage involving the killing of a cop, that the jury would be able to remain impartial.

And once again you buffoon, I never denied that I defended Wright. I said that I never called him a radical, which I challenged you to prove otherwise. Apparently reading comprehension isn't your strong suit.
    Old 05-17-2011, 10:11 PM   #29146
    vaxarado

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    YOU'RE more pathetic than I thought.
    Old 05-17-2011, 10:21 PM   #29147
    TwoStep2888

Shows Seen: 7

DMB Hub Stubs: 8

My Tour Central Stats

this argument is rly dumb yall, Fuck the police
    Old 05-17-2011, 10:22 PM   #29148
    TwoStep2888

Shows Seen: 7

DMB Hub Stubs: 8

My Tour Central Stats

clemson I'm p sure you and I discussed this a few days ago, and you conceded that Common was okay after all. what happened?
    Old 05-17-2011, 10:29 PM   #29149
    Swizz2007

My Tour Central Stats

Nah, argument is awesome because I'm so obviously on the winning side
    Old 05-18-2011, 04:38 AM   #29150
    Evans

Shows Seen: 10

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    This is SO true.
    I'd like to take a chance to thank you all very much for joining us this evening and I hope that you have a nice night followin' this one, don't forget to love each other, don't forget to do your best, don't forget to vote, don't forget to dafahdedofehdahdeedoedeeday!
    Old 05-18-2011, 05:32 AM   #29151
    Beebz
    Tinnitus Victim

Shows Seen: 10

DMB Hub Stubs: 6

My Tour Central Stats

Man, I come in in the morning to see that Clemson threw feces all over the wall, got completely schooled by some smarter people, and then (presumably), passed out on his keyboard listening to a Master P record.

Oh, and Evans made a dumb post.

What a night!
    Old 05-18-2011, 07:32 AM   #29152
    FunkyTeaParty

Shows Seen: 34

DMB Hub Stubs: 12

My Tour Central Stats

Still mad about this....hahaha
    Old 05-18-2011, 07:39 AM   #29153
    AJF_41

Shows Seen: 27

DMB Hub Stubs: 10

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Evans View Post
    This is SO true.
    Not surprised you argree with Clemson....

Sig'd YOUR is fantastic. Nice work.

lolz

growing vinyl collection: https://www.discogs.com/user/AJF_41/collection/covers
    Old 05-18-2011, 07:39 AM   #29154
    AJF_41

DMB Hub Stubs: 10

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Beebz View Post
    Man, I come in in the morning to see that Clemson threw feces all over the wall, got completely schooled by some smarter people, and then (presumably), passed out on his keyboard listening to a Master P record.

What a night!
    yes, basically this.

growing vinyl collection: https://www.discogs.com/user/AJF_41/collection/covers
    Old 05-18-2011, 07:44 AM   #29155
    FunkyTeaParty

Shows Seen: 34

DMB Hub Stubs: 12

My Tour Central Stats

I'm still mad about Jeff Gannon, but you don't hear me bringing it up all the time.
    Old 05-18-2011, 07:59 AM   #29156
    vaxarado

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Oh and for the love of God, can you stop going back to using Matthew Shepard as an example for someone writing a song claiming "innocence" of the killers. One of his killers plead guilty and the other tried to justify his actions. There is no doubt that they committed the crime. Shakur never testified as such so to compare the two is just dumb but seeing as you're doing it, it makes sense.
    Old 05-18-2011, 08:29 AM   #29157
    Doors Allan Coe
    The Whiskey Bastard

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Beebz View Post

What a night!
    You are right! I actually backread and enjoy it.

Clemson you're still crying about this rapper? Hasn't it been weeks? Who gives a shit?

I think you're missing the point. Nobody should give a shit about something so small. For some reason you do. I assume it's because you dislike Obama. Nobody is taking your opinion on this seriously. Why not just end it and find something else trivial to talk shit about in the Obama thread...
    Old 05-18-2011, 09:12 AM   #29158
    vaxarado

My Tour Central Stats

Fucking AWESOME!!!! https://donate.barackobama.com/page/...he-usa-shirt-z
    Old 05-18-2011, 09:26 AM   #29159
    Lcsulla
    Black Hawks Matter

Shows Seen: 54

DMB Hub Stubs: 19

My Tour Central Stats

I never understood this practice of putting a sitting president on a shirt, billboard, or sign at all. Reminds me too much of those countries where if you utter a bad word about the leader you wind up in a jail worse than abu graib.
    Old 05-18-2011, 10:26 AM   #29160
    Heyberto
    My Man in Amsterdam

Shows Seen: 52

DMB Hub Stubs: 21

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Hilarious.

But do we really know if he was made in America? We only know he was born here. I think we need to get Trump on that :)

Tags
    peeping rahm