Fantasy Football 2016: Talk, Advice, & Start 'em, Sit 'em - Page 4 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion > General Discussion > nDMBc Discussion > The Tailgate

Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

Old 08-02-2016, 09:13 AM   #91
JTRocks

Shows Seen: 18

DMB Hub Stubs: 11

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Fantasy Football 2016: Talk, Advice, & Start 'em, Sit 'em

Yeah, I know it would have to be automated. It just kinda helps give a little better feel for how it will go. I normally will just do mocks and not pick any of the other teams keepers when I do it (obviously)

Our keepers have round values tied to them (whatever round picked year before / or 10th round for waiver pickups)

Regarding keepers being picked too early. I do the same thing in my league where everyone submits keepers a few weeks before the draft. But if something happens like an injury, suspension, or player loses starting spot, our league is pretty flexible about letting the owner pick another keeper.
JTRocks is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 08-02-2016, 03:36 PM   #92
    Nvetta

Shows Seen: 13

DMB Hub Stubs: 10

My Tour Central Stats

What kind of a waiver system do you use? I don't allow free agents to be kept, we use a continually rolling waiver system right now. I just don't think there is any strategy in having waiver priority and picking up the waiver flavor of the week. So I don't think you should be rewarded by being able to keep them the following year. Now if you use FAAB waivers, then everyone has an equal chance to pick a guy up, using bidding strategy, so then I can see keeping free agents. But that's the only way I think it should be allowed. I prefer keepers coming through draft strategy, by drafting good value and taking chances on sleepers.

We also have the "franchise" keeper. It has to be a 1st or 2nd year players drafted in round 8 or later. You can keep that player up to 5 years. You can also keep 2 regular keepers for a max of 3 years. Lots of side rules and stuff. Basically I thought of any way I could cheat the system and I created a rule for it. We're in year 4 and everything is going very smooth. No turnover, no bitching.
    Nvetta is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-02-2016, 03:37 PM   #93
    comeandsee41

Shows Seen: 46

DMB Hub Stubs: 16

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by JTRocks View Post
    Yeah, I know it would have to be automated. It just kinda helps give a little better feel for how it will go. I normally will just do mocks and not pick any of the other teams keepers when I do it (obviously)

Our keepers have round values tied to them (whatever round picked year before / or 10th round for waiver pickups)

Regarding keepers being picked too early. I do the same thing in my league where everyone submits keepers a few weeks before the draft. But if something happens like an injury, suspension, or player loses starting spot, our league is pretty flexible about letting the owner pick another keeper.
    yeah exactly what i do. it's more of a soft hold so that people can do mock drafts. but final decisions on are in a few days before the draft
    Old 08-03-2016, 01:38 PM   #94
    JTRocks

My Tour Central Stats

@Nvetta - We use the continually rolling system. So if you’re #1 on waivers, you stay #1 until you put in your claim. While it’s not as strategic as something like FAAB, theres definitely strategy involved. I sat at #1 for like 3 or 4 weeks last season and put in my claim for Deangelo Williams after bell went down. And Williams was a huge reason I won the title last year. I actually may end up keeping him depending on whether or not they suspend Leveon
    Old 08-05-2016, 11:13 AM   #95
    K3nTaKa0s
    H2P!

Shows Seen: 12

DMB Hub Stubs: 9

My Tour Central Stats

Strongly considering going with Ezekiel Elliott at #4 overall in this keeper league.
    K3nTaKa0s is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-05-2016, 11:41 AM   #96
    CrashDMB237

Shows Seen: 41

DMB Hub Stubs: 15

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by K3nTaKa0s View Post
    Strongly considering going with Ezekiel Elliott at #4 overall in this keeper league.
    Who else is available for you to draft? 4 is pricey for a RB.
    CrashDMB237 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-05-2016, 11:50 AM   #97
    comeandsee41

My Tour Central Stats

Def pricey for a rookie
    Old 08-05-2016, 11:54 AM   #98
    K3nTaKa0s
    H2P!

Shows Seen: 12

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by CrashDMB237 View Post
    Who else is available for you to draft? 4 is pricey for a RB.
    All the keepers haven't even been chosen yet.

He might not even be available at four. If he's available at 4, I'm pulling the trigger. Brown, Julio, Odell are all going to get kept (I imagine) and they're on teams that aren't drafting in the top three slots. Figure three RBs will go 1-2-3 (maybe Cam or Hopkins).

I just hope he can stay out of trouble. Seems to me he's coming into an ideal situation (team that wants to run it, very strong o-line, passing threat assuming Romo stays healthy).

Last edited by K3nTaKa0s; 08-05-2016 at 11:58 AM.
    K3nTaKa0s is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-07-2016, 04:50 PM   #99
    Lee3691

Shows Seen: 129

DMB Hub Stubs: 30

My Tour Central Stats

First team name: Small Hands Trump (commish is a big Trump guy)
    Lee3691 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-09-2016, 06:15 AM   #100
    ryguy469

Shows Seen: 24

My Tour Central Stats

My first official draft is Saturday night. Still not happy about how early it is, but given half the league is getting married this summer we have no other options.

Anyone hear any rumblings of fallout from the accusations of domestic abuse against Zeke
    ryguy469 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-09-2016, 08:01 AM   #101
    Cscottrun

Shows Seen: 99

DMB Hub Stubs: 26

My Tour Central Stats

Reddit Fantasy Football is a really great tool. I highly suggest everyone check it out: https://www.reddit.com/r/fantasyfootball/
    Cscottrun is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-10-2016, 07:04 AM   #102
    JTRocks

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cscottrun View Post
    I highly suggest everyone download the app "sleeperbot" and make an account simply for the notification feature. I stalk twitter and rotoworld for news and this is by far the app that relays such news the fastest. Almost to the second the news breaks, you will get a notification.
    Thank you!

I downloaded this last week and it’s great! Sure, it sends quite a bit of notifications, but it is literally within about a minute of the major nfl guys sending out the tweets. This will really come in handy during the season.
    Old 08-10-2016, 07:42 AM   #103
    Cscottrun

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by JTRocks View Post
    Thank you!

I downloaded this last week and it’s great! Sure, it sends quite a bit of notifications, but it is literally within about a minute of the major nfl guys sending out the tweets. This will really come in handy during the season.
    Glad you find it as useful as I do. Sure, they send a decent amount of notifications, but 99% of them are important fantasy related news. During the season its great how quickly I hop online and grab certain players during free agency (if your league allows it). The guys in my league don't understand how I get news so quickly.

The app is being updated often so every once in a while I get a glitchy notification or test notification but its nothing I can't deal with.
    Old 08-10-2016, 07:56 AM   #104
    CrashDMB237

My Tour Central Stats

Still debating whether I go Cam or Antonio Brown with my #1 pick in my 2 QB league. Gotta be Cam right? By the time picks 20 and 21 come around I'll be staring at like Phil Rivers as my top QB1 option. I've done that the last three years...
    Old 08-10-2016, 08:27 AM   #105
    Cscottrun

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by CrashDMB237 View Post
    Still debating whether I go Cam or Antonio Brown with my #1 pick in my 2 QB league. Gotta be Cam right? By the time picks 20 and 21 come around I'll be staring at like Phil Rivers as my top QB1 option. I've done that the last three years...
    The projected difference in fantasy points in a PPR league by 4for4 between the top ranked QB - Cam (331 points) and the fifth ranked QB - Brees (294) is 37 points.

The projected difference between Cam and the tenth ranked QB - Bortles (273) is 58 points.

The projected difference in fantasy points in a PPR leage by 4for4 between the top ranked WR - Antonio (370 points) and the fifth ranked WR - Green (285) is 85 points.

The projected difference between Antonio and the tenth ranked WR - Keenan Allen (265) is 105 points.

All signs point to far more value drafting the best WR over the best QB. Now obviously this is not perfectly applicable to your situation since you are in a two QB league, but I think you can do fine if you end up snagging QBs like Bortles and Manning (fyi, I believe Bortles had the 4th most QB fantasy points last year).

Last edited by Cscottrun; 08-10-2016 at 08:29 AM.
    Old 08-10-2016, 10:34 AM   #106
    CrashDMB237

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    The projected difference in fantasy points in a PPR league by 4for4 between the top ranked QB - Cam (331 points) and the fifth ranked QB - Brees (294) is 37 points.

The projected difference between Cam and the tenth ranked QB - Bortles (273) is 58 points.

The projected difference in fantasy points in a PPR leage by 4for4 between the top ranked WR - Antonio (370 points) and the fifth ranked WR - Green (285) is 85 points.

The projected difference between Antonio and the tenth ranked WR - Keenan Allen (265) is 105 points.

All signs point to far more value drafting the best WR over the best QB. Now obviously this is not perfectly applicable to your situation since you are in a two QB league, but I think you can do fine if you end up snagging QBs like Bortles and Manning (fyi, I believe Bortles had the 4th most QB fantasy points last year).
    We also do 5 points per TD for QBs, so that makes them a little more valuable... as if they weren't already. Basically the whole thing is one big trol job on everyone to make them panic into taking QBs early. Cam is just one that I feel like I shouldn't pass on, but I also feel like there's no way I should take him
    Old 08-10-2016, 06:58 PM   #107
    Nvetta

My Tour Central Stats

I'd prefer Rodgers and Luck over Cam. I don't see him coming close to last year. Maybe not even finishing in top 5. I think Eli sneaks into top 5 this year.

So I'd go with Brown over Cam.
    Old 08-11-2016, 11:06 AM   #108
    jmkratt
    You want heavy?

DMB Hub Stubs: 19

My Tour Central Stats

Tweak of a previous question you guys helped with (thank you): I have Ezekial Elliot and Devonta Freeman. 14 team league 6pts all TDs. Do I keep Jeremy Hill, Russel Wilson, or Demaryius Thomas?
    Old 08-11-2016, 11:41 AM   #109
    sbuzzz
    Hey Suri

Shows Seen: 25

DMB Hub Stubs: 18

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jmkratt View Post
    Tweak of a previous question you guys helped with (thank you): I have Ezekial Elliot and Devonta Freeman. 14 team league 6pts all TDs. Do I keep Jeremy Hill, Russel Wilson, or Demaryius Thomas?
    I'd go Thomas, but how are you keeping Elliott?
    sbuzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-11-2016, 12:40 PM   #110
    jmkratt
    You want heavy?

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by sbuzzz View Post
    I'd go Thomas, but how are you keeping Elliott?
    Technically I am not, I have 1st pick and there won't be anyone else available after keepers I'd take higher.
    Old 08-11-2016, 01:19 PM   #111
    comeandsee41

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Wilson. Hill and Gio are going to battle it out this year and im pretty sure they have a new OC who likes to use pass catching RBs. advantage Gio.

Demaryious has... Sanchez. end of discussion.

I could see Wilson as a top 5 qb this year. he might have to pick up the running load left by lynch.
    Old 08-11-2016, 01:23 PM   #112
    Nvetta

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I'd go Thomas. Even with Sanchez, he'll still be fine. It's not like they'll avoid the passing game. And the passing game is basically just Thomas and Sanders.
    Old 08-11-2016, 01:26 PM   #113
    sbuzzz
    Hey Suri

Shows Seen: 25

DMB Hub Stubs: 18

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Technically I am not, I have 1st pick and there won't be anyone else available after keepers I'd take higher.
    Got it.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by comeandsee41 View Post
    Wilson. Hill and Gio are going to battle it out this year and im pretty sure they have a new OC who likes to use pass catching RBs. advantage Gio.

Demaryious has... Sanchez. end of discussion.

I could see Wilson as a top 5 qb this year. he might have to pick up the running load left by lynch.
    Even if Wilson is top 5, still think DThomas is a better value. Big target - lots of targets from Sanchez.
    sbuzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-11-2016, 01:40 PM   #114
    comeandsee41

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by sbuzzz View Post
    Got it.

Even if Wilson is top 5, still think DThomas is a better value. Big target - lots of targets from Sanchez.
    idk...thomas is a big play receiver and catches a lot of balls downfield...something sanchez isnt great at. for sanchez i would go with sanders as the better receiver. just my opinion.
    Old 08-11-2016, 01:48 PM   #115
    bamadavefan15

Shows Seen: 5

DMB Hub Stubs: 2

My Tour Central Stats

Throw in another vote for D Thomas.
    bamadavefan15 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-11-2016, 02:32 PM   #116
    jmkratt
    You want heavy?

My Tour Central Stats

Good thoughts, thanks guys!
    Old 08-11-2016, 02:33 PM   #117
    jmkratt
    You want heavy?

My Tour Central Stats

My thoughts to counteract Sanchez (as a Broncos fan...ugh) was DT was a viable WR when Tebow was QB....however not sure he was worth the other guy's value.
    Old 08-14-2016, 01:40 PM   #118
    Cscottrun

My Tour Central Stats

Did a mock this afternoon. 12 team, ppr. I picked 12th. Pretty happy with how this turned out. I usually always go WR-WR to start my drafts, but I will admit, I ALMOST strayed away from that format in this mock, but I stayed strong.

QB - Eli (Round 7)
    RB - Ryan Matthews - (Round 3)
    RB - Duke Johnson (Round 5)
    WR - Allen Robinson (Round 1)
    WR - Brandon Marshall (Round 2)
    TE - Julius Thomas (Round 9)
    Flex - Jarvis Landry (Round 4)

Bench (but possibly starters)
    Demarco Murray (Round 6)
    Marvin Jones (Round 8)
    Dwayne Allen (Round 10)
    Tony Romo (Round 11)

I stopped at that point. My first draft is friday night (early, but we have an out of towner who will only be here in person for this weekend). It is a pretty decent sized buy in, but I actually expect to be able to pull a similar team to the above. They are not the most fantasy savy people. Its a competive league but nothing compared to some of my other leagues. I also get to keep Freeman for an 8th rounder so I'm off to a good start. I waited patiently for Eli (I'm pretty high on him this year).

Last edited by Cscottrun; 08-14-2016 at 01:43 PM.
    Old 08-14-2016, 03:26 PM   #119
    Nvetta

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Did a mock this afternoon. 12 team, ppr. I picked 12th. Pretty happy with how this turned out. I usually always go WR-WR to start my drafts, but I will admit, I ALMOST strayed away from that format in this mock, but I stayed strong.

QB - Eli (Round 7)
    RB - Ryan Matthews - (Round 3)
    RB - Duke Johnson (Round 5)
    WR - Allen Robinson (Round 1)
    WR - Brandon Marshall (Round 2)
    TE - Julius Thomas (Round 9)
    Flex - Jarvis Landry (Round 4)

Bench (but possibly starters)
    Demarco Murray (Round 6)
    Marvin Jones (Round 8)
    Dwayne Allen (Round 10)
    Tony Romo (Round 11)

I stopped at that point. My first draft is friday night (early, but we have an out of towner who will only be here in person for this weekend). It is a pretty decent sized buy in, but I actually expect to be able to pull a similar team to the above. They are not the most fantasy savy people. Its a competive league but nothing compared to some of my other leagues. I also get to keep Freeman for an 8th rounder so I'm off to a good start. I waited patiently for Eli (I'm pretty high on him this year).
    What site was this on? Did you draft close to that site's rankings? Mathews seems kinda high in the 3rd. He's usually there in the 5th. Duke in the 6th-7th.
    I'm loving Dwayne Allen in the 10th-11th. Love the Eli-Romo combo. I've been getting a lot of that in mfl10s.
    Old 08-14-2016, 03:29 PM   #120
    Cscottrun

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Nvetta View Post
    What site was this on? Did you draft close to that site's rankings? Mathews seems kinda high in the 3rd. He's usually there in the 5th. Duke in the 6th-7th.
    I'm loving Dwayne Allen in the 10th-11th. Love the Eli-Romo combo. I've been getting a lot of that in mfl10s.
    Yea I took him early, unintentionally. I was playing around with 4for4's draft software. Was a mistake on my part for not fully understanding the software.

Honestly though, this was ESPN mock. I don't use their ranking but I'm assuming most of the other people in the draft did. There was definitely some weird picks in the first couple of rounds that I had to adjust to.

Last edited by Cscottrun; 08-14-2016 at 03:31 PM.