New England Patriots Thread - Page 4 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion
Old 12-24-2005, 08:49 PM   #91
cfh72
Ultimate Wanderer

Shows Seen: 69

DMB Hub Stubs: 23

My Tour Central Stats

Re: New England Patriots

patriots==overrated

Thank you all for comin' and hangin' out with us tonight,
A good time, good time, is had by all" -live at FF
cfh72 is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 08-26-2006, 12:53 PM   #92
    UglyNakedGuy
    Unstoppable

Shows Seen: 13

DMB Hub Stubs: 7

My Tour Central Stats

Let's get this thread back to the top..

I'm stoked about the Pats this year. I'm still worried about what's gonna happen with Deion though, but we'll see.
    UglyNakedGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-26-2006, 01:09 PM   #93
    Franchize41
    We Need A QB

Shows Seen: 54

DMB Hub Stubs: 20

My Tour Central Stats

Just curious, is Nick Kazcur gonna start this year? I know he got the chance last year when your line got banged up, im wondering if he'll get the chance this year to start full time. Kazcur went to the same high school as me and ive been following his career since he went to Toledo.
    Old 08-26-2006, 01:27 PM   #94
    The-Last-Stop

Shows Seen: 32

DMB Hub Stubs: 14

My Tour Central Stats

Im going to the game tonite!

"Sweet sugar lips, push from the hips, woman looks just like love, Without a care, she floats above, She's got me down here looking up."~DJM
    The-Last-Stop is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-26-2006, 01:54 PM   #95
    DMB0715

Shows Seen: 8

DMB Hub Stubs: 4

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by UglyNakedGuy
    Let's get this thread back to the top..

I'm stoked about the Pats this year. I'm still worried about what's gonna happen with Deion though, but we'll see.
    Itll be fine if he goes, its the Pats for christ sakes, theyll work it out.
    DMB0715 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-26-2006, 02:09 PM   #96
    Rob

Shows Seen: 58

DMB Hub Stubs: 18

My Tour Central Stats

What the fuck is with wide receivers and their outrageously self-centered and arrogant attitudes? For the most part (Branch's case included), they're made by their QBs and offensive coordinators. There are very few receivers in the history of the game who have been able to change the game (don't get me wrong, they exist), and Branch ain't one of them.

I can't get excited or disappointed about departures and aquisitions for the Pats the way I do about, say, the Red Sox. The Patriots have an absolutely insane ability to judge talent and personality, and people I've never heard of come on board and contribute well. I'm not sweating the loss of Branch (although I'm debating whether or not to sweat the loss of #4...).
    Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 08-26-2006, 02:23 PM   #97
    GWDMB

Shows Seen: 23

DMB Hub Stubs: 13

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DMB0715
    Itll be fine if he goes, its the Pats for christ sakes, theyll work it out.
    I wouldn't be so sure, while the system the Pats run is a great one, Willie McGinnest was right the other day when he said that it was the players playing in the system that caused the success just as much as it was the system. Just as Duane Starks could not replace Ty Law, Reche Caldwell cannot replace Deion Branch.

If you look at the Patriots roster right now, with the exception of Troy Brown, every other receiver on the Pats roster has LESS CAREER RECEPTIONS than Deion Branch had last year alone. Reche Caldwell has 76 career receptions in five years, while Branch had 78 last year. Additionally, every other receiver on the roster is in his first two years in the NFL and all of them combined have less than 76 career receptions. The Patriots need Deion Branch. He is vastly underpaid. He knows it, and they know it. If you look at the past, the players that Belichick has released or failed to resign and deemed "expendable" have all been on the defensive side of the ball where, as most people have pointed out, the system is the key for the most part (though I would even argue about that because the Pats defense last year was nowhere near what it was when players like Law, Milloy, McGinnest, Bruschi, Seymour and Harrison were all healthy), but on the offensive side of the ball, the system isn't as much the key as the individual parts are. You can't just replace Cory Dillon (though Maroney looks very good), and you can't just replace Tom Brady, and I guarantee that the Patriots, if they don't re-sign Branch to an extension, will find that they can't just replace Deion Branch with three rookies and Reche Caldwell. This is a deal that needs to get done, he knows it (why do you think he's holding out now? This is when his bargaining power is at its highest, if one of those rookies has a breakout year, his power after his contract is up diminishes greatly) and the team knows it, and I think that for the first time in a while, the Patriots are going to break their usual form and sign him to a big money extension.

As an additional note, I hope they're right about the new kicker from Memphis (I know I can't spell his last name correctly so I'm not even going to try) Adam Vinatieri got a lot of press about his clutch performances, so there's no way I can stand here and claim that he was underappreciated, but I would not at all be surprised to see the rookie struggle in November and December in Foxboro and I think the Pats may find that Vinatieri is worth the money the Colts paid him. I'm not saying that it wasn't a bad move to let him go because he is getting older, and the salary cap in the NFL is very hard to manage, especially when you're paying a kicker as much as the Colts paid Vinatieri, but I think that people may find that kicking in Foxboro in the winter is much harder than Adam made it look and Gostkowski or whatever his name is may have some struggles as he gets used to it, I just hope that he'll be a quick learner.

My Shows
    "Turns out not where but who you're with that really matters"
    GWDMB is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-18-2006, 09:59 PM   #98
    UglyNakedGuy
    Unstoppable

Shows Seen: 13

DMB Hub Stubs: 7

My Tour Central Stats

Let's get this thread back up and going people. We are lookin good so far. Maroney is the best back out of the draft IMO, maybe other than Bush (but I like Maroney's style better than Bush, but that's my preference. I like balanced backs more than smaller finesse runners like Bush.

I'm glad the Branch crap is over, and I'm glad Seattle overpaid for him by coughing up a first round pick. They are fools to be paying him 39 mil over 5-6 years IMO.

I'm excited about the team this year, they are really looking good.
    UglyNakedGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-19-2006, 04:31 AM   #99
    Rob

Shows Seen: 58

DMB Hub Stubs: 18

My Tour Central Stats

Two things scare me so far: defensive inconsistancy (conditioning?) and Brady. On the marching drives Sunday, Brady looked absolutely incredible. Otherwise, he sucked. His passes were way off, his timing was off, and he looked flustered- almost Manning-in-a-big-game-like (except he didn't throw his hands up in the air and cry like a little bitch).

The running game has me giddy. Once they've worked out the play-action, it's going to be scary. Right now, they aren't fooling anybody (Conversely, Pennington had me fooled even from the TV camera a couple of times).

The Corpse of Junior Seau has turned out to be more than a corpse, and that's allowed Vrabel to move outside. That makes two linebacker positions better. When they go with their 5 LB, 2 DE set, good things seem to happen.

Granted, we've only played 2 shitty teams so far and only played half of each game, so it's hard to base anything on anything yet. The Broncos should be a better test, but they suck complete ass right now, too, and Jake Plummer should be good for 2-3 INT.
    Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 10-31-2006, 10:53 PM   #100
    xBigNastyx
    Rebound

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 1

My Tour Central Stats

They are lookin damn good right now...I'm honeslty not worried about the Colts...I'm more nervous about week 12 when we play the Bears.
    xBigNastyx is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-01-2006, 08:58 AM   #101
    dmbgodagirl41
    Go. Tommy. Go.

Shows Seen: 107

DMB Hub Stubs: 29

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by xBigNastyx View Post
    They are lookin damn good right now...I'm honeslty not worried about the Colts...I'm more nervous about week 12 when we play the Bears.
    The Colts game is going to be good, but I think Colts fans are going to be crying at the end of it. If the team plays against Indy the way they did against Minnesota, the Pats will have no problem making the Colts undefeated season come to an end.

I am not too worried about the Bears, either. I mean, yeah, they have been good, but who have they played and soundly beat? The Bears have such a shitty offense, I don't see their undefeated season lasting for much longer. Their only tough games are the Pats and the Giants.
    Calm down, 12.
    dmbgodagirl41 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-01-2006, 09:24 AM   #102
    GinaNMU
    The girl in the shades.

Shows Seen: 45

DMB Hub Stubs: 15

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by xBigNastyx View Post
    I'm a Bears fan and that's the game I'M worried about losing, hahaha. My boyfriend's a HUGE Pats fan, I'm a Bears fan, and we're going to that game together (it's the day before my birthday!)
    Old 11-01-2006, 09:26 AM   #103
    dmbgodagirl41
    Go. Tommy. Go.

My Tour Central Stats

I wish I was dating a guy who is as hardcore fan of another team as I am about the Pats. I'd give him so much shit, it'd be awesome.
    Calm down, 12.
    Old 11-01-2006, 09:34 AM   #104
    dmbmuskie
    FIN

Shows Seen: 50

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dmbgodagirl41 View Post
    I wish I was dating a guy who is as hardcore fan of another team as I am about the Pats. I'd give him so much shit, it'd be awesome.
    Who does your man support?
    dmbmuskie is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-01-2006, 09:39 AM   #105
    dmbgodagirl41
    Go. Tommy. Go.

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dmbmuskie View Post
    Who does your man support?
    The Patriots well, he's my ex for right now, but ...... mah, complicated.
    He's from New England, just like me; we grew up together. He's more of a baseball fan, though. He doesn't really like watching football with me because, well, I'm "that girl" who yells at the TV and calls people to scream into the phone at them.

...yeeeeeeeeeah. i'm sure that's hard to believe.
    Calm down, 12.
    Old 11-01-2006, 09:42 AM   #106
    dmbmuskie
    FIN

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    The Patriots well, he's my ex for right now, but ...... mah, complicated.
    He's from New England, just like me; we grew up together. He's more of a baseball fan, though. He doesn't really like watching football with me because, well, I'm "that girl" who yells at the TV and calls people to scream into the phone at them.

...yeeeeeeeeeah. i'm sure that's hard to believe.
    That's the only way to watch football. I don't like to think logically about it until the game is over.

Sorry, I didn't know about your relationship status.
    Old 11-01-2006, 09:45 AM   #107
    GinaNMU
    The girl in the shades.

Shows Seen: 45

DMB Hub Stubs: 15

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Hahaha, yeah it's so much fun. We give each other shit all the time b/c we're both huge sports fans, and have completely different teams for everything b/c I grew up in Chicago, him on the East Coast. Trust me, I'm pretty sure our first fight may come during this game depending on the outcome... We're both pretty damn competitive, too.

Last edited by GinaNMU; 11-01-2006 at 09:47 AM.
    GinaNMU is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-01-2006, 09:51 AM   #108
    dmbgodagirl41
    Go. Tommy. Go.

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    That's the only way to watch football. I don't like to think logically about it until the game is over.

Sorry, I didn't know about your relationship status.
    Yeah, I'm not a huge fan of watching a game with a bunch of quiet people. what fun is that? But I am also that idiot who has the patriots pants, tom brady jersey, patriots beer coozie, etc that shouts orders at the TV. Its just bad.

Oh, and relationship status = it's all good, no worries. Whats meant to be will be, and if it's not, well, it won't
    Calm down, 12.
    Old 11-01-2006, 09:51 AM   #109
    dmbgodagirl41
    Go. Tommy. Go.

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by GinaNMU View Post
    Hahaha, yeah it's so much fun. We give each other shit all the time b/c we're both huge sports fans, and have completely different teams for everything b/c I grew up in Chicago, him on the East Coast. Trust me, I'm pretty sure our first fight may come during this game depending on the outcome... We're both pretty damn competitive, too.
    SWEET! I'm an asshole to people who are pats fans, I could see that being so much fun!
    Although, I kind of hope he is more happy than you when they play the bears
    Calm down, 12.
    Old 11-01-2006, 09:54 AM   #110
    dmbmuskie
    FIN

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Yeah, I'm not a huge fan of watching a game with a bunch of quiet people. what fun is that? But I am also that idiot who has the patriots pants, tom brady jersey, patriots beer coozie, etc that shouts orders at the TV. Its just bad.

Oh, and relationship status = it's all good, no worries. Whats meant to be will be, and if it's not, well, it won't
    I was the same way last year. I had my lucky camo shorts, my lucky terrible towel, my lucky Ben jersey, my lucky hat, etc. All of that stuff has lost it's luck though. Their replacements haven't done much better.
    Old 11-01-2006, 09:56 AM   #111
    dmbgodagirl41
    Go. Tommy. Go.

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I was the same way last year. I had my lucky camo shorts, my lucky terrible towel, my lucky Ben jersey, my lucky hat, etc. All of that stuff has lost it's luck though. Their replacements haven't done much better.
    some fat lady threatened to, and i quote, "Terrible towel my ass" two weeks ago. I'm guessing that's not a good thing?
    Calm down, 12.
    Old 11-01-2006, 09:58 AM   #112
    dmbmuskie
    FIN

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    some fat lady threatened to, and i quote, "Terrible towel my ass" two weeks ago. I'm guessing that's not a good thing?
    I don't even know what the hell that means. Maybe she was going to whip you like guys do in the locker room.
    Old 11-01-2006, 09:59 AM   #113
    dmbgodagirl41
    Go. Tommy. Go.

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I don't even know what the hell that means. Maybe she was going to whip you like guys do in the locker room.
    Or she was going to sit on me? She is apparently this notorious bully in some random bar in DC, and I went there with a friend after the Pats game two weeks ago, and I was talking to someone, and she told me that if I "didnt shut my skinny new england self up, she'd terrible towel my ass".

I was slightly scared. She was probably 5 inches shorter than me but she had a good 200 lbs on me, and no front teeth.
    Calm down, 12.
    Old 11-01-2006, 10:02 AM   #114
    dmbmuskie
    FIN

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Or she was going to sit on me? She is apparently this notorious bully in some random bar in DC, and I went there with a friend after the Pats game two weeks ago, and I was talking to someone, and she told me that if I "didnt shut my skinny new england self up, she'd terrible towel my ass".

I was slightly scared. She was probably 5 inches shorter than me but she had a good 200 lbs on me, and no front teeth.
    Steeler Nation is never going to win any beauty contests.
    Old 11-01-2006, 10:05 AM   #115
    dmbgodagirl41
    Go. Tommy. Go.

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Steeler Nation is never going to win any beauty contests.
    terrible.

Although, I think Oakland Chicks are slightly scarier than Pittsburgh chicks.
    Calm down, 12.
    Old 11-01-2006, 10:07 AM   #116
    dmbmuskie
    FIN

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    terrible.

Although, I think Oakland Chicks are slightly scarier than Pittsburgh chicks.
    Pittsburgh has some beautiful woman. It's the yinzers that scare everyone.
    Old 11-01-2006, 10:09 AM   #117
    dmbgodagirl41
    Go. Tommy. Go.

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Pittsburgh has some beautiful woman. It's the yinzers that scare everyone.
    Yinzers?? wtf?
    Calm down, 12.
    Old 11-01-2006, 10:12 AM   #118
    dmbmuskie
    FIN

My Tour Central Stats

Yinzer (n)

Female, native of Pittsburgh, wearing too much hairspray/gel and makeup, with a very limited vocabulary and usually driving a Camaro, Firebird or Trans-Am, loves 80s music; very often like a moped---fun to ride, but you wouldn't want your friends to see. Known for their love of all things Steelers and Donnie Iris and extreme hatred of Cleveland. Consists mainly on Primanti Brothers and ethnic cuisine. Yinzers can be easily identified by their one-of-a-kind, ridiculous accent.

Last night I went to the South Side and ended up bangin' this yinzer in the back of her Trans-Am.

There is also male yinzers.
    Old 11-01-2006, 10:16 AM   #119
    dmbgodagirl41
    Go. Tommy. Go.

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Yinzer (n)

Female, native of Pittsburgh, wearing too much hairspray/gel and makeup, with a very limited vocabulary and usually driving a Camaro, Firebird or Trans-Am, loves 80s music; very often like a moped---fun to ride, but you wouldn't want your friends to see. Known for their love of all things Steelers and Donnie Iris and extreme hatred of Cleveland. Consists mainly on Primanti Brothers and ethnic cuisine. Yinzers can be easily identified by their one-of-a-kind, ridiculous accent.

Last night I went to the South Side and ended up bangin' this yinzer in the back of her Trans-Am.

There is also male yinzers.
    oh my god, that was the woman.
    I swear to god she left in some kind of 1983 el camino, and if you got within 8 feet of her with a match, her head would have exploded into flame.

awesome.
    Calm down, 12.
    Old 11-01-2006, 10:18 AM   #120
    dmbmuskie
    FIN

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    oh my god, that was the woman.
    I swear to god she left in some kind of 1983 el camino, and if you got within 8 feet of her with a match, her head would have exploded into flame.

awesome.
    I know every town has their own people to make fun of, but the Yinzer has to be up there with the Staten Island girl as the worst.

Tags
    nfl , patriots