***Official Premiership, FA Cup, Carling Cup, Champions League etc. Thread*** - Page 366 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion > General Discussion > nDMBc Discussion > The Tailgate
Register Rules Community Top Lists Torrents AM.org

Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

Old 04-21-2014, 06:55 AM   #10951
dmbmuskie
FIN

Shows Seen: 50

DMB Hub Stubs: 20

My Tour Central Stats

Re: ***Official Premiership, FA Cup, Carling Cup, Champions League etc. Thread***

Moyes got canned.
dmbmuskie is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 04-21-2014, 07:17 AM   #10952
    42graystreet
    Go Big Red!

Shows Seen: 89

DMB Hub Stubs: 26

My Tour Central Stats

Re: ***Official Premiership, FA Cup, Carling Cup, Champions League etc. Thread***

I guess Manchester United is just like every other club now. Less than a full season of disappointment and the Glazers are fed up already. 6 year contract be damned. I really thought they would let this first season slide, give him the summer to bring in some new players and then give him a few months of next season to show some progress.

Moyes in.
    Old 04-21-2014, 05:31 PM   #10953
    whodat
    CA Dreamin'

Shows Seen: 68

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dmbmuskie View Post
    Moyes got canned.
    Not official... Yet. I still think he will survive the season as a sack now does nothing. I don't think a new manager will get them past Spurs into 6th. This team just doesn't have it right now to make that happen, regardless of who is calling the shots.
    Old 04-22-2014, 04:33 AM   #10954
    SeekUpSaratoga

Shows Seen: 31

DMB Hub Stubs: 15

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by 42graystreet View Post
    I guess Manchester United is just like every other club now. Less than a full season of disappointment and the Glazers are fed up already. 6 year contract be damned. I really thought they would let this first season slide, give him the summer to bring in some new players and then give him a few months of next season to show some progress.

Moyes in.
    Exactly what I thought as well.
    Old 04-22-2014, 06:19 AM   #10955
    whodat
    CA Dreamin'

My Tour Central Stats

Well now it is official. See what Giggs can do for the next 4 games to inspire this squad to catch Spurs. Sounds like van Gaal is the odds on favorite to take over for now. Kloop's name keeps coming up too.
    Old 04-22-2014, 06:34 AM   #10956
    dmbmuskie
    FIN

My Tour Central Stats

Still haven't decided on a team, but I'm in love with the sport.
    Old 04-22-2014, 06:53 AM   #10957
    aeroshady
    Look up at the sky..

Shows Seen: 46

My Tour Central Stats

United were a disgrace this season, so I agree on the move. As to today, let's go Athletico!!!
    Originally Posted by fonzz41 View Post
    This might be one of the single greatest solo posting performances in NHL Thread history. Well done, Greg, and congrats on the win. Was a fun game.
    aeroshady is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-22-2014, 08:27 AM   #10958
    sdmc229
    Black N Yellow

Shows Seen: 26

DMB Hub Stubs: 18

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Lee3691 View Post
    Has anyone mentioned that the US World Cup jerseys look like a wonder woman costume?
    I thought it was more rocket pop

etree Volunteer | My List | Discogs
    sdmc229 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-22-2014, 08:31 AM   #10959
    sdmc229
    Black N Yellow

Shows Seen: 26

DMB Hub Stubs: 18

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by timsaleeby View Post
    Liverpool tried to give it away this morning. Took their foot off the gas after scoring two.
    This has been their MO all season, and the one thing that makes me extremely nervous when I watch them play. But still 11 wins is nothing to sneeze at.

I will be very interested to see the Chelsea game this weekend

etree Volunteer | My List | Discogs
    sdmc229 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-22-2014, 08:49 AM   #10960
    42graystreet
    Go Big Red!

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dmbmuskie View Post
    Still haven't decided on a team, but I'm in love with the sport.
    Don't force it. Let a team come to you naturally. Usually I find that having a team to support helps me get into a new sport, but if that's not a requirement for you, then just let it be.

Who you got in the Champions League?
    Old 04-22-2014, 08:57 AM   #10961
    whodat
    CA Dreamin'

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Don't force it. Let a team come to you naturally. Usually I find that having a team to support helps me get into a new sport, but if that's not a requirement for you, then just let it be.

Who you got in the Champions League?
    anyone not named Chelsea.
    Old 04-22-2014, 12:48 PM   #10962
    42graystreet
    Go Big Red!

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by whodat View Post
    anyone not named Chelsea.
    Ya know, when Man U played Barcelona in the 2011 CL final, I rooted for the Red Devils. Have some English/PL pride, man!
    Old 04-22-2014, 02:34 PM   #10963
    42graystreet
    Go Big Red!

My Tour Central Stats

Considering we lost Petr Cech for the season in the first half and our captain JT in the second half (who knows how long), I'm pretty happy with 0-0.

We can do them at the Bridge.
    Old 04-23-2014, 11:03 AM   #10964
    whodat
    CA Dreamin'

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Ya know, when Man U played Barcelona in the 2011 CL final, I rooted for the Red Devils. Have some English/PL pride, man!
    Just goading you into it, yet I get it. Not a huge fan of Chelsea, but not a fan of the other teams either. Don't really have a dog in the fight, but wouldn't mind seeing the 'underdog' Atheltico pull it out.

Feel bad for Cech. He is a top 3 goalie in the world right now. The value of a good keeper is crucial. I remember when VDS roamed the 6 yard box, and he knew how to get people in place. Makes a huge difference.

Last edited by whodat; 04-23-2014 at 11:05 AM.
    whodat is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-24-2014, 05:21 AM   #10965
    dmbmuskie
    FIN

My Tour Central Stats

Bought the USMNT away uniform last night in a sleeping pill haze. Might be time to disable Amazon 1 click shopping.
    Old 04-26-2014, 10:45 AM   #10966
    panini2001
    DMBritain

Shows Seen: 16

DMB Hub Stubs: 10

My Tour Central Stats

I see betting has stopped here in England on Van Gaal getting United job. Stoke very unlucky today rubbish ref but very impressed with our overall performance especially with 10 men.
    Old 04-27-2014, 10:26 AM   #10967
    panini2001
    DMBritain

My Tour Central Stats

Well that results opened the door
    Old 04-27-2014, 10:28 AM   #10968
    DaveHead36
    YNWA

Shows Seen: 4

DMB Hub Stubs: 4

My Tour Central Stats

Crappy tactics by Chelsea

Should have expected it and should have played to it. I don't see City slipping up and I don't see us having a GD of +7 or better and City not scoring at all. Shame that there is still hope but it's not in our hands. Hell of a season though. Remaining positive as I can. YNWA
    Old 04-27-2014, 12:31 PM   #10969
    42graystreet
    Go Big Red!

My Tour Central Stats

Those tactics won the game 0-2 and prevented the most prolific scoring Premier League team from getting barely a sniff on goal. 21/26 Liverpool shots coming from outside the box and barely 1 or 2 of them making our 41 year old back-up keeper sweat.

Everyone knew with the changes we had to make (including giving our 20 year old youth academy CB his first start at Anfield) that we would play with a defensive shape and look to counter. Liverpool knew this was going to happen and should have adapted. They didn't. We took our chances and walked away comfortable winners.

The level of distain for Chelsea and Mourinho is embarrassing to the rest of the footballing world. So many people banging on about Chelsea's style. Since when has the game ever been about style. I thought it was about winning games and lifting trophies.

Real Madrid ceded 75% possession and tons of shots to Bayern last week and won the game 1-0, receiving great praise. Chelsea go to the league leaders who have destroyed everyone in their path, do the same thing as Real and are castigated as anti-football.

If that's what floats your boat, more power to ya. Ask yourself if Chelsea will give a single fuck about that when they're lifting another trophy.

[/RANT]
    Old 04-27-2014, 01:39 PM   #10970
    panini2001
    DMBritain

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Those tactics won the game 0-2 and prevented the most prolific scoring Premier League team from getting barely a sniff on goal. 21/26 Liverpool shots coming from outside the box and barely 1 or 2 of them making our 41 year old back-up keeper sweat.

Everyone knew with the changes we had to make (including giving our 20 year old youth academy CB his first start at Anfield) that we would play with a defensive shape and look to counter. Liverpool knew this was going to happen and should have adapted. They didn't. We took our chances and walked away comfortable winners.

The level of distain for Chelsea and Mourinho is embarrassing to the rest of the footballing world. So many people banging on about Chelsea's style. Since when has the game ever been about style. I thought it was about winning games and lifting trophies.

Real Madrid ceded 75% possession and tons of shots to Bayern last week and won the game 1-0, receiving great praise. Chelsea go to the league leaders who have destroyed everyone in their path, do the same thing as Real and are castigated as anti-football.

If that's what floats your boat, more power to ya. Ask yourself if Chelsea will give a single fuck about that when they're lifting another trophy.

[/RANT]
    Old 04-27-2014, 06:33 PM   #10971
    DaveHead36
    YNWA

Shows Seen: 4

DMB Hub Stubs: 4

My Tour Central Stats

Don't disagree with you, Chad. As my second sentence stated it, it was expected and we should have played to it. We didn't and it cost us.
    Old 04-27-2014, 08:24 PM   #10972
    aeroshady
    Look up at the sky..

Shows Seen: 46

My Tour Central Stats

Obviously in the end Chad is correct. That being said, it is boring football that ruins the name the beautiful game. It is no different than the Devils trap defense of the late 90's in hockey. Totally worked and won them 3 Cups, but also hurt hockey to the point where a complete overhaul of the rules happened to open up goal scoring. Devils fans liked it but it chased the casual fan away.

Clearly football doesn't need to worry about fans world wide leaving the sport, but if a lot of teams played Chelsea's tatics the growth of football in the USA would decline again.

[/opinion]
    Originally Posted by fonzz41 View Post
    This might be one of the single greatest solo posting performances in NHL Thread history. Well done, Greg, and congrats on the win. Was a fun game.
    aeroshady is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-28-2014, 04:28 AM   #10973
    dre2142
    Get it done

Shows Seen: 52

DMB Hub Stubs: 21

My Tour Central Stats

Awesome DC United game Saturday night vs the #1 team in the MLS, FC Dallas. (well, not anymore as Seattle jumps ahead of them after their loss)

FC Dallas up by 1 with 1 minute left in the half.....United tie it up.

FC Dallas Lloyd gets 2 yellows (dumb on his part).....United proceed to score 3 goals in the 2nd, and FC Dallas Michel gets a Red too for being a little bitch. Dallas goalie got a yellow too.
    Love watching those games with the fan clubs....Barra Brava, Screaming Eagles, etc.
    dre2142 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-28-2014, 10:06 AM   #10974
    42graystreet
    Go Big Red!

My Tour Central Stats

I'm not all that pissed off. I was in the moment just because one of the great moments of our season is again sullied by angry Liverpool fans and disgruntled media types.

There is a way to defeat Mourinho's bus. Don't let him park it. Do what Aston Villa, Crystal Palace and Sunderland have done to us. Give CHELSEA the ball and force us to break through your defense. We do not have the personnel to play (AND SUCCEED) an open/attacking style of football. Teams that play us as we played Liverpool have had some success this year. That is why we have been unstoppable against the EPL's best and yet succomed to many a bottom table side.
    Old 04-28-2014, 10:16 AM   #10975
    42graystreet
    Go Big Red!

My Tour Central Stats

During the post-game show on NBS Sports, they discussed whether Liverpool fans would be content with playing their "beautiful" style yet missing out on the league title again (for the 24th year in a row). Or would they be happy with playing Mourinho style and lifting the trophy. One of the commentators actually resonded saying that Liverpool fans would rather lose this title playing their style than win it with Mourinho's style. How asinine is that? These people who live, breathe and die for LFC have been waiting a quarter of a century to win the Premiership. They won't give a fuck how it's done.
    Old 04-28-2014, 10:26 AM   #10976
    42graystreet
    Go Big Red!

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by aeroshady View Post
    Obviously in the end Chad is correct. That being said, it is boring football that ruins the name the beautiful game. It is no different than the Devils trap defense of the late 90's in hockey. Totally worked and won them 3 Cups, but also hurt hockey to the point where a complete overhaul of the rules happened to open up goal scoring. Devils fans liked it but it chased the casual fan away.

Clearly football doesn't need to worry about fans world wide leaving the sport, but if a lot of teams played Chelsea's tatics the growth of football in the USA would decline again.

[/opinion]
    I'm curious, what rule changes were put in place because of the Devils anti-hockey?

I can't see any rule changes that could be made as a direct response to a team playing as Chelsea did vs. Liverpool.
    Old 04-28-2014, 10:35 AM   #10977
    Lcsulla
    Black Hawks Matter

Shows Seen: 54

DMB Hub Stubs: 19

My Tour Central Stats

The point of a sport is to win. Short of major rule breaking that could cost your team you do everything you can do to win. To hell with people who value look and flash over winning, thanks I'd rather the trophy. When I played we did what we had to do to win whether it was playing an attacking game, a possession game, a 'goal line' defense using quick counters and long balls and even brutally obvious offsides traps. If you win no one on the team or your fans really should care the type of game you played because in the end the final score is ALL that matters in a match.
    Old 04-28-2014, 01:14 PM   #10978
    panini2001
    DMBritain

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by aeroshady View Post

[/opinion]
    At the end of the day Greg football is about winning and I'm sure as big as the US market could potentially be you wouldn't mind winning the world cup playing ugly 1-0 wins all the way. For me football is different than any other sport because its about the passion for your team before a ball is even kicked, you know why do Leeds Utd still get 30000 fans week in week out playing in the lower divisons as do Sheffield Utd, Wolves and many others. Its a love affair and maybe its a European thing but fuck entertainment lets get winning
    panini2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-28-2014, 01:20 PM   #10979
    panini2001
    DMBritain

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I'm not all that pissed off. I was in the moment just because one of the great moments of our season is again sullied by angry Liverpool fans and disgruntled media types.

There is a way to defeat Mourinho's bus. Don't let him park it. Do what Aston Villa, Crystal Palace and Sunderland have done to us. Give CHELSEA the ball and force us to break through your defense. We do not have the personnel to play (AND SUCCEED) an open/attacking style of football. Teams that play us as we played Liverpool have had some success this year. That is why we have been unstoppable against the EPL's best and yet succomed to many a bottom table side.
    ....yes Chelsea can be beaten
    Old 04-28-2014, 07:09 PM   #10980
    42graystreet
    Go Big Red!

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by panini2001 View Post
    At the end of the day Greg football is about winning and I'm sure as big as the US market could potentially be you wouldn't mind winning the world cup playing ugly 1-0 wins all the way. For me football is different than any other sport because its about the passion for your team before a ball is even kicked, you know why do Leeds Utd still get 30000 fans week in week out playing in the lower divisons as do Sheffield Utd, Wolves and many others. Its a love affair and maybe its a European thing but fuck entertainment lets get winning
    Oh man, USA could win the World Cup by clubbing every star player in the knee and I would not give a rats ass.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by panini2001 View Post
    ....yes Chelsea can be beaten
    You probably noticed that I forgot to add Stoke in that list

Tags
    soccer , uefa