***Official Premiership, FA Cup, Carling Cup, Champions League etc. Thread*** - Page 433 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion > General Discussion > nDMBc Discussion > The Tailgate

Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

Old 01-13-2017, 12:56 PM   #12961
Nick_United

Shows Seen: 34

DMB Hub Stubs: 16

My Tour Central Stats

Re: ***Official Premiership, FA Cup, Carling Cup, Champions League etc. Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick_United View Post
Another fucking draw. Fellaini needs to not play any more and, honestly, Mourinho can fuck off back to Portugal.
I'll take credit for United's turn around. Since I posted this (12/4, after the draw against Everton), they haven't lost and are outscoring their competition 20-3.

You're welcome
Nick_United is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 01-13-2017, 02:22 PM   #12962
    Ascf33
    Pure Class

Shows Seen: 21

DMB Hub Stubs: 9

My Tour Central Stats

Re: ***Official Premiership, FA Cup, Carling Cup, Champions League etc. Thread***

Big Weekend. YNWA
    Ascf33 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-13-2017, 03:51 PM   #12963
    whodat
    CA Dreamin'

Shows Seen: 68

DMB Hub Stubs: 19

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I'll take credit for United's turn around. Since I posted this (12/4, after the draw against Everton), they haven't lost and are outscoring their competition 20-3.

You're welcome
    Hoping that this post doesn't start United turning around the other way.
    Old 01-13-2017, 08:10 PM   #12964
    Nick_United

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by whodat View Post
    Hoping that this post doesn't start United turning around the other way.
    Ah shit, you're right. I didn't think of that. I take it back!

Save
    Old 01-15-2017, 10:37 AM   #12965
    Nick_United

My Tour Central Stats

With how poor Man U were, I'll take the point. In Zlatan we trust.
    Old 01-15-2017, 10:41 AM   #12966
    aeroshady
    Look up at the sky..

Shows Seen: 46

DMB Hub Stubs: 15

My Tour Central Stats

Very fun game today! Wanted United to win, but I will take the draw. I might have to give in and buy an Ibra jersey! Guys is amazing!
    Originally Posted by fonzz41 View Post
    This might be one of the single greatest solo posting performances in NHL Thread history. Well done, Greg, and congrats on the win. Was a fun game.
    aeroshady is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-15-2017, 01:17 PM   #12967
    bartender_man

Shows Seen: 35

DMB Hub Stubs: 18

My Tour Central Stats

Man City wow
    Old 01-16-2017, 07:29 AM   #12968
    dmbolp
    GO GATORS!!!

Shows Seen: 150

DMB Hub Stubs: 35

My Tour Central Stats

Looks like we are leaning towards the Tottenham game for March 18. Signed up for the "Lilywhite" membership in hopes of getting info on tickets, looks like most if not all tickets will go to season ticket holders? And looks like tickets haven't been released yet, and can't be resold on Stubhub until the game sells out? Any idea when the game time will be locked in? Any ticketing tips? Thanks!
    Old 01-16-2017, 09:23 AM   #12969
    dmbolp
    GO GATORS!!!

My Tour Central Stats

Jeeze, the Spurs ticket process is more complicated than the Warehouse!

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/tick...lication-faqs/

And folks on the Spurs message board say the game will most likely be moved to SUN?
    Old 01-16-2017, 09:35 AM   #12970
    whodat
    CA Dreamin'

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dmbolp View Post

And folks on the Spurs message board say the game will most likely be moved to SUN?
    The move of the game has to do with Spurs possibly still playing in the Europa Cup at that time. If Spurs make the next round, they would have a game on March 16, so they would move the game back to Sunday to give the team more time to recover. There are also other possibilities, like other London clubs having games on Saturday and everything that comes with multiple teams having games in a close proximity.
    Old 01-16-2017, 09:45 AM   #12971
    dmbolp
    GO GATORS!!!

My Tour Central Stats

/\ Thanks!
    Old 01-21-2017, 08:40 AM   #12972
    42graystreet
    Go Big Red!

Shows Seen: 88

DMB Hub Stubs: 26

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Looks like we are leaning towards the Tottenham game for March 18. Signed up for the "Lilywhite" membership in hopes of getting info on tickets, looks like most if not all tickets will go to season ticket holders? And looks like tickets haven't been released yet, and can't be resold on Stubhub until the game sells out? Any idea when the game time will be locked in? Any ticketing tips? Thanks!
    Quote:

Wish I could help, but it's tricky because every club does ticketing differently. At Chelsea, for example, there's no way you could sign up to be a new member in the middle of the season and get tickets to a Premier League game. Maybe it's different at Tottenham. With most clubs, season ticket holders take up a majority of the stadium, the rest of the tickets are sold on a loyalty points basis, so only people that routinely go to games (and earn loyalty points) would have a chance.

I've just read through the Tottenham website you linked. Looks like they only do a strict loyalty points scheme for games against big teams. For the rest (as in your game) they do a lottery for a chunk of seats (minimum 4500). So, you can put your ballot in for the Southampton game and hope for the best. You'll only be able to request one ticket per member. If someone else is joining you, they also need to be a member and submit a ballot. You can "link" your memberships and request 2 seats together should you both win the lottery.

It might be worth your time to seek out a Tottenham supporters club in the USA. They could possibly have access to tickets or at the very least could answer all of your questions. That's what I do as the president of the Minneapolis Chelsea supporters club (Twin Cities Blues).

It sucks that they use StubHub as their official reselling partner. Tottenham are basically endorsing scalping. Season ticket members list their tickets and set the price they want. At Chelsea, the club has its own website where members can list tickets for sale they won't use. Only members can access this website and the tickets can only be sold for face value.
    Old 01-21-2017, 08:52 AM   #12973
    Nick_United

My Tour Central Stats

What a goal for Rooney! Breaks his tie with Sir Bobby Charlton for most goals in Man U history while getting the equalizer against Stoke in extra time.
    Old 01-21-2017, 08:52 AM   #12974
    42graystreet
    Go Big Red!

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    2 other notes:

1. With Spuds in Europa scheduled to play Gent on the Thursday prior, the Southampton game will for sure be played on Sunday, March 19th. They will update the schedule by the end of January when TV announces all of the other games they're moving.

2. Looking at Stubhub, there's only 1 game they are currently selling tickets (Middlesborough). That might not be a great comparison. Southampton is a better opponent and it'll be later in the season meaning the games will be of more importance. If you have to go the Stubhub route, expect to pay 100 pounds or more.
    Old 01-21-2017, 08:52 AM   #12975
    42graystreet
    Go Big Red!

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    What a goal for Rooney! Breaks his tie with Sir Bobby Charlton for most goals in Man U history while getting the equalizer against Stoke in extra time.
    That was a delicious free kick
    Old 01-21-2017, 09:33 AM   #12976
    aeroshady
    Look up at the sky..

My Tour Central Stats

Came in here to also post about Rooney's goal! Fantastic!
    This might be one of the single greatest solo posting performances in NHL Thread history. Well done, Greg, and congrats on the win. Was a fun game.
    Old 01-21-2017, 09:44 AM   #12977
    DaveHead36
    YNWA

Shows Seen: 4

DMB Hub Stubs: 4

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by 42graystreet View Post
    Wish I could help, but it's tricky because every club does ticketing differently. At Chelsea, for example, there's no way you could sign up to be a new member in the middle of the season and get tickets to a Premier League game. Maybe it's different at Tottenham. With most clubs, season ticket holders take up a majority of the stadium, the rest of the tickets are sold on a loyalty points basis, so only people that routinely go to games (and earn loyalty points) would have a chance.

I've just read through the Tottenham website you linked. Looks like they only do a strict loyalty points scheme for games against big teams. For the rest (as in your game) they do a lottery for a chunk of seats (minimum 4500). So, you can put your ballot in for the Southampton game and hope for the best. You'll only be able to request one ticket per member. If someone else is joining you, they also need to be a member and submit a ballot. You can "link" your memberships and request 2 seats together should you both win the lottery.

It might be worth your time to seek out a Tottenham supporters club in the USA. They could possibly have access to tickets or at the very least could answer all of your questions. That's what I do as the president of the Minneapolis Chelsea supporters club (Twin Cities Blues).

It sucks that they use StubHub as their official reselling partner. Tottenham are basically endorsing scalping. Season ticket members list their tickets and set the price they want. At Chelsea, the club has its own website where members can list tickets for sale they won't use. Only members can access this website and the tickets can only be sold for face value.
    lots of good info here! I would seek out Chads plan of a US supporters club.

Personally I had great luck through the club memberships directly. I joined the England FA and Liverpool club memberships. I was able to get tickets no problem. Note that England were playing Lithuania so it wasn't exactly a hot ticket item. The Liverpool match was an all-star charity match so not a premiere league fixture. But in both cases I was able to secure tickets easily. It was a £15 gamble that paid off.

Also, look into what Championship fixtures are around you that weekend. Ticket prices are usually cheaper and easier to obtain. They say the atmosphere can even be better.
    Old 01-21-2017, 09:55 AM   #12978
    42graystreet
    Go Big Red!

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DaveHead36 View Post
    lots of good info here! I would seek out Chads plan of a US supporters club.

Personally I had great luck through the club memberships directly. I joined the England FA and Liverpool club memberships. I was able to get tickets no problem. Note that England were playing Lithuania so it wasn't exactly a hot ticket item. The Liverpool match was an all-star charity match so not a premiere league fixture. But in both cases I was able to secure tickets easily. It was a £15 gamble that paid off.

Also, look into what Championship fixtures are around you that weekend. Ticket prices are usually cheaper and easier to obtain. They say the atmosphere can even be better.
    Yes, US based supporters clubs can have great benefits. Our national supporters club (Chelsea In America) has access to tickets for all games, even the biggest ones. As long as you're a member of our club and a member of Chelsea, you can order a ticket for any game through us and the usual loyalty points aren't required.
    Old 01-21-2017, 10:06 AM   #12979
    dmbolp
    GO GATORS!!!

My Tour Central Stats

Chad & Seth, thanks for all the help. Buddy and I have joined the "Lilywhite" club, will put our individual requests in on 1/30 and link our membership numbers at that time. Stubhub doesn't allow the selling of Spur tickets until after the game sells out, so tickets won't be on Stubhub until sometime after 2/7 when ticket awards are announced. And then members have a 4 hour head start at buying on Stubhub before the general public is allowed.

Have been posting at www.thefightingcock.co.uk/forum, maybe I can find a trade for an 8th row floor D&T London N2 pair

Game moving to SUN would be great, we'll catch another game on SAT
    Old 01-21-2017, 10:57 AM   #12980
    42graystreet
    Go Big Red!

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Chad & Seth, thanks for all the help. Buddy and I have joined the "Lilywhite" club, will put our individual requests in on 1/30 and link our membership numbers at that time. Stubhub doesn't allow the selling of Spur tickets until after the game sells out, so tickets won't be on Stubhub until sometime after 2/7 when ticket awards are announced. And then members have a 4 hour head start at buying on Stubhub before the general public is allowed.

Have been posting at www.thefightingcock.co.uk/forum, maybe I can find a trade for an 8th row floor D&T London N2 pair

Game moving to SUN would be great, we'll catch another game on SAT
    Would you take a Chelsea away ticket (at Stoke City) for an 8th row floor seat?!?
    Old 01-21-2017, 11:15 AM   #12981
    dmbolp
    GO GATORS!!!

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Would you take a Chelsea away ticket (at Stoke City) for an 8th row floor seat?!?
    We don't land at LHR until 7:30a
    Old 01-21-2017, 11:56 AM   #12982
    dmbolp
    GO GATORS!!!

My Tour Central Stats

NBC just showed about 40-50 or Rooney's 250 goals, some really good ones
    Old 01-22-2017, 12:18 PM   #12983
    dmbolp
    GO GATORS!!!

My Tour Central Stats

Found the Atlanta Spurs club, their ticket request process for Southampton ends tomorrow with results announced on THUR
    Old 01-23-2017, 08:04 AM   #12984
    42graystreet
    Go Big Red!

My Tour Central Stats

It was moving day this past weekend. Only Chelsea and Arsenal survive unscathed. Now the gap is 8 points (best mind it).
    Old 01-23-2017, 08:15 AM   #12985
    Ascf33
    Pure Class

Shows Seen: 21

DMB Hub Stubs: 9

My Tour Central Stats

yep. Pool need to get their shit together or we'll miss Europe again.
    Ascf33 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-23-2017, 08:26 AM   #12986
    42graystreet
    Go Big Red!

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ascf33 View Post
    yep. Pool need to get their shit together or we'll miss Europe again.
    I thought for sure they'd be buyers this January but so far nothing and Kloppy is complaining in the press that no clubs are selling.
    Old 01-31-2017, 02:50 PM   #12987
    dmbolp
    GO GATORS!!!

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

BOOM!!! Found the Atlanta Spurs Supporters Club, and found out yesterday they were awarded 2 tickets for the Southampton game...for me and G8RDave!!! No OSC was awarded more than 2 tickets. Now I don't need to deal with the regular membership ballot process, or Stubhub.

Great advice on finding the local OSC, thanks!!
    Old 02-01-2017, 06:21 AM   #12988
    aeroshady
    Look up at the sky..

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I thought for sure they'd be buyers this January but so far nothing and Kloppy is complaining in the press that no clubs are selling.
    To be fair, it was a relatively slow transfer window this year. Not a lot going on.
    Old 02-01-2017, 02:46 PM   #12989
    whodat
    CA Dreamin'

My Tour Central Stats

Another damn draw for United. That makes 6 home draws this season, most in the EPL. Make two of those wins, we are tied with Liverpool and City for 4th. Make it three, we are alone in 2nd. SMH
    Old 02-01-2017, 03:02 PM   #12990
    Nick_United

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by whodat View Post
    Another damn draw for United. That makes 6 home draws this season, most in the EPL. Make two of those wins, we are tied with Liverpool and City for 4th. Make it three, we are alone in 2nd. SMH
    Awful. Not sure why Martial did not start.

Tags
    soccer , uefa