Official Colorado 2013 - Page 5 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion
Old 02-21-2013, 09:06 AM   #121
jmkratt
You want heavy?

Shows Seen: 41

DMB Hub Stubs: 19

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Official Colorado 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by foosball View Post
Interesting. Well I MAY have to roll that route this Friday, then. Or sack up and get to Lukas to snag some Funkwerks.
Also, I lied. I had this bad boy by Crooked Stave a few months back. It was SOLID.
http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/25191/83142
I freely admit I am a homer for Dry Dock so take that into consideration, lol.

The WWBB was good! I think I've had each of the Wild Wild Brett series, they are sooo good...and when they are released Lukas gets them! I think the Indigo was my favorite. Hopefully they brew it again: http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/25191/84158

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 02-21-2013, 09:11 AM   #122
    foosball
    2+2=5

Shows Seen: 58

DMB Hub Stubs: 21

My Tour Central Stats

I am a big Brett fan. I am not sure if my name (Brett) fed in to that bias? Anyways, the Blue was a celebratory bottle for me a while back. So I saved the bottle. Have you tried any of the Stone Vertical Epic Series? I have a 12.12.12 in my basement closet. If my friend comes out for Phish, I am splitting that guy with him in the lot.
    foosball is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-21-2013, 09:24 AM   #123
    jmkratt
    You want heavy?

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by foosball View Post
    I am a big Brett fan. I am not sure if my name (Brett) fed in to that bias? Anyways, the Blue was a celebratory bottle for me a while back. So I saved the bottle. Have you tried any of the Stone Vertical Epic Series? I have a 12.12.12 in my basement closet. If my friend comes out for Phish, I am splitting that guy with him in the lot.
    That's awesome

For the veritical epics I've only had a few: 12.12.12, 11.11.11, 10.10.10. They are all different and good in there own way and all have a lot of flavor, the 12 in particular.

Falling Rock had a release where they have everything form like 06.06.06-12.12.12 and various aged versions back in December. I would have loved to have made it over but it didn't happen.
    Old 02-21-2013, 09:32 AM   #124
    credin

Shows Seen: 28

DMB Hub Stubs: 15

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Sugarwill22 View Post
    So what is the best selection for dicks sporting good park then? I haven't been there but I would like to be as close as possible. Which should I select?
    GA field is going to be your best viewing selection. I was about mid field for the Phish shows and the view/sound was great.
    credin is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-21-2013, 09:34 AM   #125
    credin

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ckelley8 View Post
    Not sure if I can do these shows or not so I'm iffy about requesting tickets now. Do you think it will be easy enough to pick up some tickets (I'm fine with the GA field) in the run up to the show?
    Honestly I can't imagine these shows selling out. I think it will be pretty easy to get GA field tickets as we get close to the show. Scalpers will pick them up by the loads but will dump them pretty cheap when it gets close. It was the same for the Phish shows. Field went quick but the week before tickets were everywhere pretty cheap.
    Old 02-21-2013, 11:17 AM   #126
    LePig

Shows Seen: 73

DMB Hub Stubs: 24

My Tour Central Stats

Hey all,

I'm excited for the shows. Its nice to have some CO dates that are announced with the original schdule and that aren't festivals. I'll be in attendance both nights, hopefully GA for N1 and Reserved for N2 (like many, I'm getting to old for back to back GA nights). My thinking is that N2 will be seniority night, but who knows with WH. In any case, definitely looking forward to some pre-show fun and re-connecting with CO Ants and meeting some new friends!

Anybody know if there have been any changes in the stadium to improve the acoustics in the last couple of years? I know when it was first built the roof panels over the seating aread jacked up the sound really bad which led to issues booking concerts. I didn't attend any of the Phish shows but from what I've heard the sound wasn't a major issue. Obviously on the field the sound should be great but I hope the acoustics in the stands is much improved.

Nice to see sub thread about brews here. While I used to hit the good beer spots in Denver pretty often, I'm now a family guy and stay close to home in Colorado Springs these days. Down here we have 5 or 6 breweries and they all do some good things. The top is probably Trinity and they are truly amazing. Bristols is also right up there with bigger micro-breweries in the state. When I'm at the liquor store (non growler fills), brews from O'Dells, Bristols and Left Hand serve as a base and then I top off with other smaller CO breweries (always trying something new, especially IPA's). After CO, Oregon breweries turn out some top notch stuff as well. I'm on untappd now as well as: LePig.

I'm counting the days to DSG and the rest of the tour! Good stuff.

-LePig

Last edited by LePig; 02-21-2013 at 11:22 AM.
    LePig is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-21-2013, 12:48 PM   #127
    Aarondelt
    Dude.

Shows Seen: 72

DMB Hub Stubs: 23

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by LePig View Post
    Hey all,

I'm excited for the shows. Its nice to have some CO dates that are announced with the original schdule and that aren't festivals. I'll be in attendance both nights, hopefully GA for N1 and Reserved for N2 (like many, I'm getting to old for back to back GA nights). My thinking is that N2 will be seniority night, but who knows with WH. In any case, definitely looking forward to some pre-show fun and re-connecting with CO Ants and meeting some new friends!

Anybody know if there have been any changes in the stadium to improve the acoustics in the last couple of years? I know when it was first built the roof panels over the seating aread jacked up the sound really bad which led to issues booking concerts. I didn't attend any of the Phish shows but from what I've heard the sound wasn't a major issue. Obviously on the field the sound should be great but I hope the acoustics in the stands is much improved.

Nice to see sub thread about brews here. While I used to hit the good beer spots in Denver pretty often, I'm now a family guy and stay close to home in Colorado Springs these days. Down here we have 5 or 6 breweries and they all do some good things. The top is probably Trinity and they are truly amazing. Bristols is also right up there with bigger micro-breweries in the state. When I'm at the liquor store (non growler fills), brews from O'Dells, Bristols and Left Hand serve as a base and then I top off with other smaller CO breweries (always trying something new, especially IPA's). After CO, Oregon breweries turn out some top notch stuff as well. I'm on untappd now as well as: LePig.

I'm counting the days to DSG and the rest of the tour! Good stuff.

Hey Pig, I'm in Co Springs as well! We should grab a brew!
    Aarondelt is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-21-2013, 03:48 PM   #128
    groogrux27

Shows Seen: 10

DMB Hub Stubs: 6

My Tour Central Stats

So excited to have these shows happening! requested GA Field for both nights. Im 18 and think ill be able to handle 2 long days of waiting in the sun to run across the field to get the good spots. How early do you think would be reasonable to get a pretty good standing for the concerts?
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Carbon Copy View Post
    j. mayer could easily replace dave in dmb
    groogrux27 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-21-2013, 07:51 PM   #129
    saxlover

Shows Seen: 111

DMB Hub Stubs: 29

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jmkratt View Post
    That's awesome

For the veritical epics I've only had a few: 12.12.12, 11.11.11, 10.10.10. They are all different and good in there own way and all have a lot of flavor, the 12 in particular.

Falling Rock had a release where they have everything form like 06.06.06-12.12.12 and various aged versions back in December. I would have loved to have made it over but it didn't happen.
    i saw the epic release at falling rock couldnt make the date. i went the following weekend and they still had everything on tap. worked through them all.

we may have to do a get together/tasting in the next few weeks
    Old 02-22-2013, 06:36 AM   #130
    jmkratt
    You want heavy?

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by saxlover View Post
    i saw the epic release at falling rock couldnt make the date. i went the following weekend and they still had everything on tap. worked through them all.

That is a terrific idea! I didn't know they kept them on....d'oh! Missed them. What was your favorite?
    Old 02-22-2013, 07:28 AM   #131
    foosball
    2+2=5

Shows Seen: 58

DMB Hub Stubs: 21

My Tour Central Stats

What's good today? I just got offered a pair of Furthur tickets for Saturday and the guy I would go with cancelled. F. Other than that, solid Friday.
    foosball is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-22-2013, 09:34 AM   #132
    icculus479

Shows Seen: 42

DMB Hub Stubs: 16

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by credin View Post
    Finally some snow. Drinking my Dry Dock IPA, watching the snow fall.

Love me some dry dock

I need to confirm with my buddy, but he said there were 2 different reserved sections for the show. Having been there for Phish where everything was GA, I can only come up with 2 things, the closest off the side areas or some sort of up from seats before the field?? however I really doubt the latter, so it makes me wonder.
    icculus479 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-22-2013, 10:12 AM   #133
    saxlover

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    That is a terrific idea! I didn't know they kept them on....d'oh! Missed them. What was your favorite?
    the 07 and 09 aged in red wine barrels were solid. i also liked the 03-05.
    Old 02-22-2013, 10:31 AM   #134
    credin

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by icculus479 View Post
    Love me some dry dock

I need to confirm with my buddy, but he said there were 2 different reserved sections for the show. Having been there for Phish where everything was GA, I can only come up with 2 things, the closest off the side areas or some sort of up from seats before the field?? however I really doubt the latter, so it makes me wonder.
    Dry Dock makes some fantastic beers. My favorite of locals though is still the Golden City Evolution IPA.

There are two sections of reserved. Reserved I is something like the first two sections closest to the stage. Reserved II is the next two or three sections. Everything after that is GA, also the first section closest to the stage is GA. I am guessing it is GA as it is on the side of the stage and probably not a good view.
    Old 02-22-2013, 10:57 AM   #135
    jmkratt
    You want heavy?

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    the 07 and 09 aged in red wine barrels were solid. i also liked the 03-05.
    I heard the 09 wine version was phenomenal.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by credin View Post
    Dry Dock makes some fantastic beers. My favorite of locals though is still the Golden City Evolution IPA.
    Can you get it anywhere else but at the brewery?
    Old 02-22-2013, 11:47 AM   #136
    Zamboni332
    Funny the way it is!

Shows Seen: 49

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

Ya we did that was amazing !!! 03, 04 were Amazing !
    2013: Colorado x2, USANA (Utah) x1
    Zamboni332 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-22-2013, 11:50 AM   #137
    saxlover

My Tour Central Stats

any guitar players in here? i miss jamming
    Old 02-22-2013, 01:05 PM   #138
    groogrux27

My Tour Central Stats

guitar player here! going to both shows, cant freaking wait! how early do you guys think the GA ticketers need to show up to get a quality spot?
    Quote:
    Old 02-22-2013, 01:32 PM   #139
    Aarondelt
    Dude.

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    any guitar players in here? i miss jamming

Here! Not good, but practicing a lot.
    Old 02-22-2013, 01:41 PM   #140
    willdownes

Shows Seen: 4

DMB Hub Stubs: 2

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by groogrux27 View Post
    guitar player here! going to both shows, cant freaking wait! how early do you guys think the GA ticketers need to show up to get a quality spot?
    dick's website says max capacity for sporting events is 18,000 that can expand to 26,000 for concerts. so that's roughly 8,000 people on the field for GA. so probably wanna get there early if you want to be close.

Last edited by willdownes; 02-22-2013 at 01:43 PM.
    willdownes is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-22-2013, 02:31 PM   #141
    mackie2110

Shows Seen: 11

DMB Hub Stubs: 5

My Tour Central Stats

As a CO native who moved home last year, it's good to see DMB back. I know it's been spotty since the knife incident (which I was at and don't remember anyone even mentioning it during the show).

Also good to see a mini-Ants beer festival pop up. Looking forward to it all this summer!
    mackie2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-22-2013, 02:41 PM   #142
    groogrux27

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by willdownes View Post
    dick's website says max capacity for sporting events is 18,000 that can expand to 26,000 for concerts. so that's roughly 8,000 people on the field for GA. so probably wanna get there early if you want to be close.
    but how early is early? camp out all day early? get there 2 hours before gates open early?
    Quote:
    Old 02-22-2013, 03:22 PM   #143
    brotherchaos41

Shows Seen: 16

DMB Hub Stubs: 11

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by groogrux27 View Post
    but how early is early? camp out all day early? get there 2 hours before gates open early?
    This is what I'm wondering. Should I take Friday off of work or not?
    brotherchaos41 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-22-2013, 03:25 PM   #144
    Aarondelt
    Dude.

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by brotherchaos41 View Post
    This is what I'm wondering. Should I take Friday off of work or not?

I would take the day off just so you have ease of mind about getting there early.

Do you want to get rail? Then I would suggest 2 hours before gates open, just to be safe. Or get to the venue really early, and play by ear.
    Old 02-22-2013, 03:27 PM   #145
    LeftyDv

Shows Seen: 84

DMB Hub Stubs: 27

My Tour Central Stats

Who ya'll think will open? Good music surrounds that last leg. Hopefully we don't get a dud.
    Old 02-22-2013, 03:35 PM   #146
    jmkratt
    You want heavy?

My Tour Central Stats

Any of you fellow beer enthusiasts score any Sucaba?
    Old 02-22-2013, 03:45 PM   #147
    brotherchaos41

Shows Seen: 16

DMB Hub Stubs: 11

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Aarondelt View Post
    I would take the day off just so you have ease of mind about getting there early.

Do you want to get rail? Then I would suggest 2 hours before gates open, just to be safe. Or get to the venue really early, and play by ear.
    I don't care about rail so much as being in the front half. We've been within the first few rows enough times so it's more about sound/volume and being able to see decently well.
    brotherchaos41 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-22-2013, 03:58 PM   #148
    groogrux27

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by LeftyDv View Post
    Who ya'll think will open? Good music surrounds that last leg. Hopefully we don't get a dud.
    it would be my dream if local natives opened. idk what their summer looks like but i would die if i got to see both them and dave twice. and also you think 2 hours is early enough? when i went to see dispatch at red rocks a couple years back i got there around 12 and there was already tons of people waiting at all the gates
    Quote:
    Old 02-22-2013, 05:44 PM   #149
    credin

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by brotherchaos41 View Post
    I don't care about rail so much as being in the front half. We've been within the first few rows enough times so it's more about sound/volume and being able to see decently well.
    I know for the phish shows you had to enter through a specific gate to go to the floor. You could lie and enter another gate to get in, but only one gate had the wrist bands for the floor. Something to think about if done the same way.
    Old 02-22-2013, 05:45 PM   #150
    credin

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I heard the 09 wine version was phenomenal.

Can you get it anywhere else but at the brewery?
    As far as I know just the brewery.