*** Offican Europe 2015 *** - Page 2 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion
Old 02-03-2015, 02:01 PM   #31
Cozmic135
Just tryin' to get by.

Shows Seen: 171

DMB Hub Stubs: 36

My Tour Central Stats

Re: *** Offican Europe 2015 ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalDMBLover View Post
The Amsterdam venue is a very plain hall. That's the best way to describe it, one big flat hall.

They also have "no smoking" signs everywhere, and people around us all said that they throw people out all the time for sparking anything up.

Also, it's kind of far from the town center. Sorry to see they're playing there again. Lowers my interest in going out of way to see this particular show.
Ok, this is very good to know. Thank you for the info!!
Cozmic135 is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 02-03-2015, 02:24 PM   #32
    MidwestGirl
    Chicago ----> Michigan

Shows Seen: 143

DMB Hub Stubs: 33

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    The Amsterdam venue is a very plain hall. That's the best way to describe it, one big flat hall.

They also have "no smoking" signs everywhere, and people around us all said that they throw people out all the time for sparking anything up.

Also, it's kind of far from the town center. Sorry to see they're playing there again. Lowers my interest in going out of way to see this particular show.
    Thanks for the input!

D+T Mexico 2023 | Texas | Charleston | Pine Knob | Chicago | Gorge

D+T Mexico FB Group
    GORGE FAQ
    GORGE Roster
    MidwestGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-03-2015, 02:34 PM   #33
    SmoothRider[PL]
    MM#14 A tortured soul

Shows Seen: 14

DMB Hub Stubs: 7

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by bjordan319 View Post
    This is where I'm planning! Don't know anything about the venues over in Europe but the small capacity makes me really want to see them here, it would be an entirely different feel.

Was planning a trip to Europe after I graduate in May anyway, this just gives me more reason to do so! Very excited
    Next day - Poland, and Gdańsk is very close to Berlin. Go for it, you won't regret.
    Old 02-03-2015, 02:56 PM   #34
    SoCalDMBLover

Shows Seen: 51

DMB Hub Stubs: 16

My Tour Central Stats

I really have never thought I'd travel to Poland. And honestly, there is a place there that I felt would be very difficult to visit, Auschwitz.

It's basically completely on the other side of Poland from Gdansk, but I don't think I could go that far east, and not pay my respects at Auschwitz.

It would be very uncomfortable enjoying a rousing DMB show, after just having visited such a horrifying place.

Are there a lot of DMB fans in Poland?
    SoCalDMBLover is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-03-2015, 03:20 PM   #35
    TurtisFegan

Shows Seen: 71

DMB Hub Stubs: 20

My Tour Central Stats

Abu Dhabi and Dublin here I come!
    TurtisFegan is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-03-2015, 03:36 PM   #36
    SmoothRider[PL]
    MM#14 A tortured soul

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I really have never thought I'd travel to Poland. And honestly, there is a place there that I felt would be very difficult to visit, Auschwitz.

It's basically completely on the other side of Poland from Gdansk, but I don't think I could go that far east, and not pay my respects at Auschwitz.

It would be very uncomfortable enjoying a rousing DMB show, after just having visited such a horrifying place.

Are there a lot of DMB fans in Poland?
    You can fly from Gdansk to Krakow I guess, Auschwitz is nearby the last one. If not - there is a train, so don't worry, you will be able to visit the camp.
    Fans, well... yes and no. DMB doesn't care about their promotion in Europe I guess. And nothing in Poland literally, only some alternative radio maniacs However - more than 300 fans already joined the FB event, so it's not that bad for these prices and for the first day. Personally I like it, you know? Like the elite society of people who love good music
    I will keep you updated about the amount of people there, but hey - it's February! We still have like 9 months till the show. You could get pregnant and give a birth before it
    Old 02-03-2015, 06:24 PM   #37
    jdunndmb

Shows Seen: 87

DMB Hub Stubs: 27

My Tour Central Stats

I'm trying to talk my wife into doing Paris thru the end. We were thinking about a trip to Mexico for my graduation (6 years in the making) but then this came out...and I swore that if they ever went back to Ireland I wasn't going to miss it. She always avoids talking about Europe because she wants to go for more than a week. I see this as an awesome way to see Europe-fly into Paris, drive to England and throughout that week. Then hang around in Ireland for a few days after the tour ends. the monkey wrench is she's in HR and that's open enrollment season at its peak. My argument? Time is fleeting and who knows when we can do this again! Stupid careers!
    Old 02-04-2015, 02:37 AM   #38
    O`Malley

Shows Seen: 11

DMB Hub Stubs: 4

My Tour Central Stats

I like Amsterdam - Heinken Hall because it has a wonderful sound and the stage is very high, so very good for the production of the show. And it`s located near the soccer stadium and the big Ziggo Dome-Arena.
    You can spend an interesting day around the venue. And Amsterdam is always worth the trip. DMB sounded better than anywhere else there in 2009.

Düsseldorf is a big floor with seats on each side an in the back. I don`t know, but i don`t really like the venue. I´ve seen many shows there (Springsteen, Arcade Fire, New Model Army, Marillion, The National), but it lacks the atmosphere...but it`s just around the corner from where i live.

Frankfurt is a strange venue. The only time, i`ve been there was to see DMB in 2010 and i liked it. It has a very broad floor and really good seats not that far away in the back, right behind the sound desk. I remember standing their and having an eye on some tapers mics. He was allowed to place them inside the barrcades of the sounddesk. Very nice attitude! He wanted to party in the front and i was about to enjoy the sound and the view from behind after the Cologne show in the first rows before.

Brussels, Forest National is an absolutly great venue!!! It has a smaller floor, going uphill a bit with steep grandstands. Amazing view! It`s an old, traditional building with an incredible atmosphere. Everyone is so close to the stage! So many legendary shows have been held there. I LOVE THIS PLACE! But i`ve only been their once for DMB in 2007.

Last edited by O`Malley; 02-04-2015 at 02:40 AM.
    O`Malley is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-04-2015, 05:01 AM   #39
    Cozmic135
    Just tryin' to get by.

Shows Seen: 171

DMB Hub Stubs: 36

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jdunndmb View Post
    I'm trying to talk my wife into doing Paris thru the end. We were thinking about a trip to Mexico for my graduation (6 years in the making) but then this came out...and I swore that if they ever went back to Ireland I wasn't going to miss it. She always avoids talking about Europe because she wants to go for more than a week. I see this as an awesome way to see Europe-fly into Paris, drive to England and throughout that week. Then hang around in Ireland for a few days after the tour ends. the monkey wrench is she's in HR and that's open enrollment season at its peak. My argument? Time is fleeting and who knows when we can do this again! Stupid careers!
    Go to Ireland! You will love it!!! Trust me!
    Cozmic135 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-04-2015, 06:31 AM   #40
    MidwestGirl
    Chicago ----> Michigan

Shows Seen: 143

DMB Hub Stubs: 33

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by O`Malley View Post
    I like Amsterdam - Heinken Hall because it has a wonderful sound and the stage is very high, so very good for the production of the show. And it`s located near the soccer stadium and the big Ziggo Dome-Arena.
    You can spend an interesting day around the venue. And Amsterdam is always worth the trip. DMB sounded better than anywhere else there in 2009.

Düsseldorf is a big floor with seats on each side an in the back. I don`t know, but i don`t really like the venue. I´ve seen many shows there (Springsteen, Arcade Fire, New Model Army, Marillion, The National), but it lacks the atmosphere...but it`s just around the corner from where i live.

Frankfurt is a strange venue. The only time, i`ve been there was to see DMB in 2010 and i liked it. It has a very broad floor and really good seats not that far away in the back, right behind the sound desk. I remember standing their and having an eye on some tapers mics. He was allowed to place them inside the barrcades of the sounddesk. Very nice attitude! He wanted to party in the front and i was about to enjoy the sound and the view from behind after the Cologne show in the first rows before.

Brussels, Forest National is an absolutly great venue!!! It has a smaller floor, going uphill a bit with steep grandstands. Amazing view! It`s an old, traditional building with an incredible atmosphere. Everyone is so close to the stage! So many legendary shows have been held there. I LOVE THIS PLACE! But i`ve only been their once for DMB in 2007.
    Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!

The Amsterdam venue is pretty big compared to the others (but still very small compared to our venues)

Definitely leaning towards Brussels

D+T Mexico 2023 | Texas | Charleston | Pine Knob | Chicago | Gorge

D+T Mexico FB Group
    GORGE FAQ
    GORGE Roster
    MidwestGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-04-2015, 11:33 AM   #41
    Hootie

Shows Seen: 13

My Tour Central Stats

Finaly the guys are coming to Europe again. Great news and I can't wait.
    I will go to the Amsterdam, Dusseldorf and Brussel shows.

Hootie
    Hootie is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-04-2015, 07:12 PM   #42
    greenwave73

Shows Seen: 25

DMB Hub Stubs: 8

My Tour Central Stats

Anyone know what the deal is for the London Bluesfest show? Website only has dmb playing at the o2. Is this a full on festival (New Orleans jazzfest, hang out fest) or is the band playing a full show as part of a much larger festival across London?
    greenwave73 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-05-2015, 08:38 AM   #43
    O`Malley

Shows Seen: 11

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by MidwestGirl View Post
    Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!

The Amsterdam venue is pretty big compared to the others (but still very small compared to our venues)

Definitely leaning towards Brussels
    I would love to go to Brussels, but Amsterdam, Düsseldorf and Frankfurt must be enough.

But the Amsterdam venue isn`t that big. I guess 5000 people might fit in there? It`s a huge floor and less seating. The building is modern and was built for enjoying good sound. Totally different to the old, a bitt rotten but unique Forest National in Brussels. There you`ll find what we call "patina", that means something like you can breathe the history of decades of legendary concerts. U2 played there in 1984 and the atmosphere was so elevated, that the seismograms of the nearby institute issued warnings of an earthquake. :-)
    O`Malley is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-05-2015, 09:42 AM   #44
    joeyray34

Shows Seen: 103

DMB Hub Stubs: 28

My Tour Central Stats

frankfurt and munich for me

does anyone have a frame of reference or idea how difficult tickets are going to be for these two shows?

i also have no experience with euro pre-sales if anyone can chime in on that.
    joeyray34 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-05-2015, 09:50 AM   #45
    Hootie

My Tour Central Stats

DMB is not that famous in Europe. Most of the times it takes months for DMB shows to be sold out.
    So getting tickets will be no problem.

Hootie
    Old 02-05-2015, 09:54 AM   #46
    joeyray34

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Hootie View Post
    DMB is not that famous in Europe. Most of the times it takes months for DMB shows to be sold out.

Hootie

good to know!

we were originally planning to go to lollapalooza and oktoberfest (gf is from germany) but i was able to work some magic and convince her that we should definitely go mid october. planning to check out amsterdam, prague, and vienna prior to the shows. cant wait. only doing one show now here in the u.s. never done that since i started seeing the band.
    Old 02-05-2015, 12:14 PM   #47
    pinkhippo77

Shows Seen: 94

DMB Hub Stubs: 30

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Hootie View Post

Hootie
    Thanks! I was fretting about the Glasgow show because I'll be at work, and it can be pretty hectic.
    pinkhippo77 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-05-2015, 03:06 PM   #48
    SmoothRider[PL]
    MM#14 A tortured soul

My Tour Central Stats

FB post in Polish? Holy shit!
    Old 02-06-2015, 12:43 AM   #49
    marcusdk

Shows Seen: 25

DMB Hub Stubs: 14

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by SmoothRider[PL] View Post
    FB post in Polish? Holy shit!

Great for you and the polish fans ! Enjoy

#dmbsweden from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Old 02-06-2015, 01:35 AM   #50
    swanparadise
    Lost Somewhere in Paris

Shows Seen: 5

DMB Hub Stubs: 5

My Tour Central Stats

DMB in Paris! Always a pleasure to see the band in my hometown. I'll be there, for sure.

The venue itself : Le Zenith.
    I saw Tori Amos there almost 10 years ago, the sound wasn't that great (loud and not clear) but I think they made some drastic changes since.

Otherwise, the band (or management) seems optimistic to me, when they came to Paris in 2010, they did The Olympia (one of the beast venue of the city by the way) which can contain 1772 persons, and I don't think the place was full... Now, Le Zenith has a 6300 capacity. It's 3x bigger...

Anyway, let's rock the city of lights!

DMB 2002-07-28 (SPAC, NY) / D&T 2007-03-06 (Paris, France) / DMB 2009-07-01 (Paris, France) / DMB 2015-11-05 (Paris, France) / DMB 2019-03-10 (Paris, France)
    swanparadise is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-06-2015, 05:36 AM   #51
    stank
    There's my chippy

Shows Seen: 63

DMB Hub Stubs: 22

My Tour Central Stats

I couldn't find it anywhere when they'll post confirmations of Warehouse requests. They start taking them on Monday and Tuesday next week and then public tickets go on sale on Friday. I'm hoping we will know by the public date if we got confirmed.

My plan is to hit Brussels and Paris. I've always wanted to go to Europe and now that I've saved some money for a big trip, this is the perfect opportunity. I can't wait.
    Old 02-06-2015, 06:23 AM   #52
    joeyray34

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by stank View Post
    I couldn't find it anywhere when they'll post confirmations of Warehouse requests. They start taking them on Monday and Tuesday next week and then public tickets go on sale on Friday. I'm hoping we will know by the public date if we got confirmed.

My plan is to hit Brussels and Paris. I've always wanted to go to Europe and now that I've saved some money for a big trip, this is the perfect opportunity. I can't wait.
    yeah its definitely poorly worded but the way i read it that there will be access to a presale through warehouse (almost like the citi presale in the usa) and we will know instantly what we get? this could be completely wrong also
    Old 02-06-2015, 06:43 AM   #53
    stank
    There's my chippy

Shows Seen: 63

DMB Hub Stubs: 22

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by joeyray34 View Post
    yeah its definitely poorly worded but the way i read it that there will be access to a presale through warehouse (almost like the citi presale in the usa) and we will know instantly what we get? this could be completely wrong also
    You're right. I assumed it was requesting tickets through the WH like usual. I didn't really notice the word "presale." I guess I'll be getting up extra early next Tuesday.
    Old 02-06-2015, 08:50 PM   #54
    flutterby

Shows Seen: 32

DMB Hub Stubs: 15

My Tour Central Stats

So my husband just blew my mind tonight. I was casually talking about the European tour, and he (in all seriousness) told me to get some prices together, and we can go. It has always been a dream of mine to go to Europe. To couple a trip to the "mother land" and Dave all in one trip is some serious bucket list stuff.

I'm not even sure what I'm asking, but I want to hit Amsterdam, Paris, and England all in 10 days. Is it doable? We are thinking of doing the Amsterdam and Paris shows, but I cannot be in Europe and not visit the UK. I'm a genealogy nerd, and have traced my families lineage back to 1100. There is a garden at Leeds castle in Kent named after my family line, and I absolutely cannot be in Europe and not see this.

So all of you fellow DMB lovers across the pond, Help! Is this realistic? Could I hit all three of these places, and at least 2 DMB shows in 10 days? Are Amsterdam and Paris the shows I should be looking at? Does this make any sense?
    Old 02-06-2015, 08:58 PM   #55
    flutterby

Shows Seen: 32

DMB Hub Stubs: 15

My Tour Central Stats

I will also add that I have twin cousins that live in Bonn, Germany that I would LOVE to see, but I have no idea how close all of these locations are. Forgive me, I'm a clueless American.
    Old 02-07-2015, 02:55 AM   #56
    Tzoukmanis

Shows Seen: 6

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by flutterby View Post
    I will also add that I have twin cousins that live in Bonn, Germany that I would LOVE to see, but I have no idea how close all of these locations are. Forgive me, I'm a clueless American.
    It's absolutely doable, flying to Amsterdam, then travelling to Bonn and/or Paris and continue to London. It's all within the range of one hour (flight) or 3-4 hours (train), with multiple connections all day long.
    So 10 days is more than enough time.
    Tzoukmanis is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 02-07-2015, 03:00 AM   #57
    mattward2k

Shows Seen: 12

DMB Hub Stubs: 6

My Tour Central Stats

Anyone got info on access to the Live Nation presales on the 12th?
    Old 02-07-2015, 03:22 AM   #58
    mattward2k

Shows Seen: 12

DMB Hub Stubs: 6

My Tour Central Stats

Scratch that, I think it's just a public onsale. O2 Priority seems like the proper presale!
    Old 02-07-2015, 05:04 AM   #59
    Hootie

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    So my husband just blew my mind tonight. I was casually talking about the European tour, and he (in all seriousness) told me to get some prices together, and we can go. It has always been a dream of mine to go to Europe. To couple a trip to the "mother land" and Dave all in one trip is some serious bucket list stuff.

I'm not even sure what I'm asking, but I want to hit Amsterdam, Paris, and England all in 10 days. Is it doable? We are thinking of doing the Amsterdam and Paris shows, but I cannot be in Europe and not visit the UK. I'm a genealogy nerd, and have traced my families lineage back to 1100. There is a garden at Leeds castle in Kent named after my family line, and I absolutely cannot be in Europe and not see this.

So all of you fellow DMB lovers across the pond, Help! Is this realistic? Could I hit all three of these places, and at least 2 DMB shows in 10 days? Are Amsterdam and Paris the shows I should be looking at? Does this make any sense?
    It all depends on what you want. The distances will be no problem. The country's that you want to visit are not that big. Flying on Amsterdam makes it possible to be allmost everywhere in Europe by car whitin a day.
    From Amsterdan to Paris is 8 hours, Dusseldorf 3 hours, Brussels 2,5 hours etc.
    So depending on how much time you want to spend visiting family and being a tourist............
    Three shows, visitinf family and being a tourist is realistic.

Hootie
    Old 02-07-2015, 06:43 PM   #60
    whodaddy
    antsonwhiskey

Shows Seen: 40

DMB Hub Stubs: 14

My Tour Central Stats

Does anyone know how the presales operate? Do we need a password/code? How many tickets are made available for the presale? I don't know shit, except that I want tix for Dublin.

2023 : D&T Mexico, Chicago, Gorge
    2024 : D&T Mexico, Alpine
    whodaddy is offline   Reply With Quote