Da Bears - Page 980 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion > General Discussion > nDMBc Discussion > The Tailgate
Register Rules Community Top Lists Torrents AM.org

Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

Old 10-20-2014, 05:47 PM   #29371
MtSkier
#trynottosuck

Shows Seen: 35

DMB Hub Stubs: 20

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Da Bears

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMBZeppelin View Post
When he asked about doing the Showtime gig they told him do what's best for the team, and so he flies to New York every week to do that show.

When Trestman called him out after the Green Bay game for going rogue on the one interception he back tracked the next day to keep Marshall from going off.

Cutler and Jennings both said the Bears don't have an identity after the game. Trestman honestly doesn't seem to have a very good grasp of the locker room. I wonder how the Marshall situation would be going if Arians was the head coach. He doesn't seem like the type of guy who'd want to put up with a man-child.
I agree. I think Trestman has a great football mind, but Im not sure he has the right personality to manage NFL egos.
MtSkier is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 10-20-2014, 05:50 PM   #29372
    lockman21
    Yandle Award 2014-15

Shows Seen: 240

DMB Hub Stubs: 32

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Brandon will never be past those issues. What's different, according to him, is he's aware of what's wrong and has things in palce to help him deal with it. He's always going to have borderline personality disorder. Just because he wears green cleats and is a smooth talker in front of the camera doesn't mean he's a completely different person.
    So we're at the point of diagnosing his mental issues and their effect on the team from our living rooms now?
    Old 10-20-2014, 05:57 PM   #29373
    DMBZeppelin
    OOH-WEE

Shows Seen: 87

DMB Hub Stubs: 27

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by lockman21 View Post
    So we're at the point of diagnosing his mental issues and their effect on the team from our living rooms now?
    What did I claim that isn't common knowledge or hasn't been confirmed by Brandon himself?

We know that the locker room wasn't in a good place yesterday and Brandon had a lot to do with that. Players were removed from the locker room during the altercation. That's not your weekly norm. So in your eyes there's zero issues with Marshall, and there's no cause for concern with where this could head? I mean the guy has a documented history.

It doesn't mean things will for sure head down the point of no return, but how can you not see the red flags?

Tour 2023: Deer Creek [6/30] [7/01]
    DMBZeppelin is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 10-20-2014, 09:47 PM   #29374
    bonzo48280
    Tramps Like Us...

Shows Seen: 31

DMB Hub Stubs: 16

My Tour Central Stats

Brandon Marshall is the problem now? Bears fans, the best.

Maybe Trestman and Cutler suck? And I'm one of the biggest Cutler supporters there is. Marshall is probably the best player on this team, and his issues are well behind him hahaha. Awesome.

-Packers suck, along with the Red Wings.
    -BRUUUUUUUUUUCE
    bonzo48280 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 10-20-2014, 09:54 PM   #29375
    DMBZeppelin
    OOH-WEE

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by bonzo48280 View Post
    Brandon Marshall is the problem now? Bears fans, the best.
    A problem. Not THE problem.

Quote:
    Maybe Trestman and Cutler suck?
    Could very well be the case. Marshall having issues and being a problem is completely independent of Trestman/Cutler being any good.

Quote:
    And I'm one of the biggest Cutler supporters there is.
    This has nothing to do with Marshall. If you are viewing this as a Marshall vs. Cutler thing it's the wrong context.

Quote:
    Marshall is probably the best player on this team, and his issues are well behind him hahaha. Awesome.
    Matt Forte is the best player on this team. He's very very very special and underrated. Marshall got shutdown by Cortland Finnegan so I wouldn't exactly call him the best player on the Bears. I'm just really surprised some people have the blinders on when it comes to Marshall's issues, or what make you think they're completely behind him. There is no cure for Borderline Personality Disorder.

Old 10-20-2014, 09:56 PM   #29376
    cwsrule88

Shows Seen: 2

DMB Hub Stubs: 3

My Tour Central Stats

This season could turn into a dumpster fire real quick. I was so optimistic about them making the playoffs now I think it's very unlikely.
    Old 10-20-2014, 10:02 PM   #29377
    bartender_man

DMB Hub Stubs: 18

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by cwsrule88 View Post
    This season could turn into a dumpster fire real quick. I was so optimistic about them making the playoffs now I think it's very unlikely.
    Def over for yall
    bartender_man is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 10-20-2014, 10:26 PM   #29378
    TwoStep2888

Shows Seen: 7

DMB Hub Stubs: 8

My Tour Central Stats

y'all shoulda kept Kyle Orton, that's all
    Old 10-20-2014, 10:37 PM   #29379
    DMBZeppelin
    OOH-WEE

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by TwoStep2888 View Post
    Trading for Cutler was the right move. It's everything that happened after it that made the whole situation a disaster. I do miss me some fine neckbeard though.

But the NFL is such a week to week league. Everyone was gushing over the Bears offense after the Atlanta game. Now everyone is jumping off a cliff after a bad loss. This Bears team has .500 written all over them. They look great at times, and spectacularly awful the next.

It all starts with the offense though. Play calling (Trestman), Cutler, and Marshall should be leading the way and instead it's dumb calls, dumb decisions in key moments, and bad play in the losses.

Also apparently Finnegan is Marshall Kryptonite:

Quote:
    When Marshall was with the Dolphins and faced Finnegan and the Titans in 2010, Marshall had three receptions for 34 yards. His frustrating after being held to one catch for eight yards in the first half showed in the third quarter — after a 10-yard catch, Marshall inexplicably fired the ball at the sideline, drawing a delay-of-game penalty.

In three games against Finnegan, Marshall has 14 receptions (out of 28 targets) for 153 yards, no touchdowns and zero yards after the catch. He’s had one play longer than 16 yards. Twice Finnegan has intercepted passes intended for Marshall.

Old 10-21-2014, 05:09 AM   #29380
    CrashDMB237

Shows Seen: 41

DMB Hub Stubs: 15

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Gene Parmesan View Post
    Crash has to have had masturbated to Cutler at least once by now, accidentally even, as often as he seems to pop in his brain.
    Accidentally?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by rustysurf83 View Post
    I get it when a fan of a team with a legitimate QB hates on Cutler, but...Geno Smith
    I know a thing or two about bad QBs and sticking with them for a season too long. There's no one more well-versed in this subject than me.

Quote:
    Cutler deserves blame when he's at fault. No one has said otherwise. You just get mad that there's not a blanket statement of everything is Jay's fault. Like how you seem to be upset that Marshall blowing up isn't about Cutler and more about the fact that he's mentally unstable and selfish.
    You've tried to play psychiatrist and failed. What you still don't understand is that this isn't just Marshall being a psycho... it's Marshall having a legitimate beef. And what I find so unbelievably fascinating is that people like yourself refuse to even acknowledge that Marshall could be right. Meanwhile... he IS right.

Quote:
    You're far removed from this situation so I don't expect you to understand. This Marshall stuff has been going on for weeks, even when Cutler has been playing great its been an issue. Now it seems like it's going to the next level before a full on eruption. He didn't just go after Cutler. He went after Gould as well. What did the best kicker in Bears history do to deserve the wrath of Marshall? Cutler is the only reason Marshall is here. He recruited him to the Bears. I remember hearing Rozner talk about it a few weeks ago, but Cutler had a lot to do with Marshall's extension.

For someone who's anti-Cutler remember Marshall was Cutler's loudest cheerleader while he was hurt last year. If you thought Josh McCown was better it didn't matter because Marshall wants a guy to force him the ball. Like in 2012 when he called for coaches to be fired because he wasn't happy with the offense.
    You'd be surprised how NOT far removed from the situation I am. Especially Marshall. PM if you care.
    CrashDMB237 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 10-22-2014, 07:03 AM   #29381
    Bron Yr Aur

Shows Seen: 6

DMB Hub Stubs: 6

My Tour Central Stats

ITT: Zep really proving himself to be completely ignorant with respect to mental disorders. Please educate yourself and stop trying to diagnose a person because they got mad in a locker room. Hey, here's a thought: lots of people without mental disorders get really mad sometimes and yell! And we have no idea what happened in the locker room. And just because the team had an argument doesn't mean the guy with the history of a brain chemistry problem is the one who is the cause.
    Old 10-22-2014, 11:45 AM   #29382
    MtSkier
    #trynottosuck

My Tour Central Stats

Linebackers going to get picked apart by Gronk sunday.
    Old 10-22-2014, 11:58 AM   #29383
    Tiduwho
    heh heh heh

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 1

My Tour Central Stats

Getting Shea off the field would be a start.

"And later I talk to former Presidential candidate Gary Hart and tell him how more Democrats should follow his example -- and leave politics."

- Stephen Colbert
    Tiduwho is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 10-22-2014, 12:36 PM   #29384
    CrashDMB237

Shows Seen: 41

DMB Hub Stubs: 15

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bron Yr Aur View Post
    ITT: Zep really proving himself to be completely ignorant with respect to mental disorders. Please educate yourself and stop trying to diagnose a person because they got mad in a locker room. Hey, here's a thought: lots of people without mental disorders get really mad sometimes and yell! And we have no idea what happened in the locker room. And just because the team had an argument doesn't mean the guy with the history of a brain chemistry problem is the one who is the cause.
    This is how badly Cutler has people brainwashed. They'll blame a blowup on a mental disorder instead of the QB it was aimed at.
    CrashDMB237 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 10-22-2014, 02:44 PM   #29385
    Gene Parmesan

Shows Seen: 75

My Tour Central Stats

I don't think Marshall's blowup had anything to do with not being forced the ball. When he has a blowup when they win, then it would be obvious his motivation was more selfish. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and think he was just pissed about losing their third home game. Understandably.
    Gene Parmesan is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 10-22-2014, 04:37 PM   #29386
    DMBZeppelin
    OOH-WEE

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    ITT: Zep really proving himself to be completely ignorant with respect to mental disorders. Please educate yourself and stop trying to diagnose a person because they got mad in a locker room.
    I am not an expert anymore than you, but I feel I have a better understanding than those who claim he's somehow magically been cured of his issues. There is no cure for Borderline Personality Disorder.

I'm not saying BPD is the reason he blew up in the locker room. He could just be a bad teammate independent of his mental issues.

Quote:
    Hey, here's a thought: lots of people without mental disorders get really mad sometimes and yell! And we have no idea what happened in the locker room. And just because the team had an argument doesn't mean the guy with the history of a brain chemistry problem is the one who is the cause.
    We know enough about what happened. Laurence Holmes was talking about this story last night:

Quote:
    Injured Bears linebacker Lance Briggs said he left the Bears’ locker room during Brandon Marshall’s postgame locker-room rant Sunday.

“I just left because I could see where things were kinda going,” he said on his weekly Comcast Sports Net show, which airs Tuesday night. “And I knew that when you get emotional there are moments when, you get in an argument and both people are emotional, you’re not going to get anywhere, continuing to argue.”

He called the 27-14 loss to the Dolphins “an emotional moment for a lot of us,” and said that when “I started to hear people start to get loud in the locker room, and I got out.”
    Laurence said (I recommend checking out the podcast) he's talked to veteran players on the Bears. That when Marshall has these blowups they all roll their eyes and hope he tires himself out. Where as Briggs just said peace all together and left. I think it speaks volumes that Briggs, a leader on this team, doesn't even feel comfortable in the locker room.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by CrashDMB237 View Post
    This is how badly Cutler has people brainwashed. They'll blame a blowup on a mental disorder instead of the QB it was aimed at.
    But this isn't about just Cutler. Brandon said Cutler built his condo and got him paid so he's not mad at him (said this on Showtime yesterday). But this blowup wasn't just at Cutler. Explain the Robbie Gould stuff, or why Kyle Long had to be removed from the locker room. If this was Marshall mad at one person it be a different story.

If Marshall's issues were really centered at Cutler I doubt he re-signs here. He's played with Cutler many many many years and knows what he's all about. So if he feels that Cutler is an issue then he probably should have went to play somewhere else. He knew Cutler was the long term QB here. I just wish you'd stop making this issue about Cutler. Marshall has had a few issues this season, and this is the first time it's supposedly been Cutler related. You also disregard the other teammates besides Cutler he yelled at in his tirade.

People like yourself really need to separate Cutler's poor performance from issues with Brandon Marshall. One has nothing to do with the other. The only confirmed person we have him yelling at is Gould. The Cutler stuff is all based on a ESPN Chicago report.

Old 10-26-2014, 10:08 AM   #29387
    MtSkier
    #trynottosuck

My Tour Central Stats

Just missed a blatant block in the back on that punt.
    Old 10-26-2014, 10:40 AM   #29388
    DMBZeppelin
    OOH-WEE

My Tour Central Stats

I hate that you can't decline a false start. If offenses get free plays so should a defense

Old 10-26-2014, 10:54 AM   #29389
    MtSkier
    #trynottosuck

My Tour Central Stats

This team may be worse than 8-8 this year.

Better draft picks I suppose.
    Old 10-26-2014, 10:56 AM   #29390
    lockman21
    Yandle Award 2014-15

My Tour Central Stats

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha what a joke
    Old 10-26-2014, 10:58 AM   #29391
    lockman21
    Yandle Award 2014-15

My Tour Central Stats

Jared Allen, classic Chicago signing. Dude sucks.

Shea worst first round draft pick of all time?

Tucker needs to go yesterday.
    Old 10-26-2014, 11:01 AM   #29392
    MtSkier
    #trynottosuck

My Tour Central Stats

If jay could stop telegraphing his throws that would be great.
    Old 10-26-2014, 11:12 AM   #29393
    lockman21
    Yandle Award 2014-15

My Tour Central Stats

It doesn't matter what Jay does when the Bears have the worst defense in the history of the NFL.
    Old 10-26-2014, 11:13 AM   #29394
    MtSkier
    #trynottosuck

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    It doesn't matter what Jay does when the Bears have the worst defense in the history of the NFL.
    Very true. Jay has sucked a lot this year, but he's shifted all the focus off a defense that made Ryan Tannehill look fantastic.
    Old 10-26-2014, 11:15 AM   #29395
    Tiduwho
    heh heh heh

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 1

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Jared Allen, classic Chicago signing. Dude sucks.

Shea worst first round draft pick of all time?

Tucker needs to go yesterday.

Tucker needs to be fired.

Shea needs to be released, but at least played. Not even in the same ballpark as the Angelo defensive pick busts that never even got on the field. Who was that horrible 1st found pick with Rex? Haynes maybe?

"And later I talk to former Presidential candidate Gary Hart and tell him how more Democrats should follow his example -- and leave politics."

- Stephen Colbert
    Tiduwho is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 10-26-2014, 11:21 AM   #29396
    MtSkier
    #trynottosuck

My Tour Central Stats

Awful call.
    Old 10-26-2014, 11:23 AM   #29397
    lockman21
    Yandle Award 2014-15

My Tour Central Stats

In the past 6 quarters, QBs against the Bears defense are 42/52 for 471 yds, 5 tds and 0 ints.
    Old 10-26-2014, 11:25 AM   #29398
    MtSkier
    #trynottosuck

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    In the past 6 quarters, QBs against the Bears defense are 42/52 for 471 yds, 5 tds and 0 ints.
    Old 10-26-2014, 11:27 AM   #29399
    MtSkier
    #trynottosuck

My Tour Central Stats

Old 10-26-2014, 11:30 AM   #29400
    lockman21
    Yandle Award 2014-15

My Tour Central Stats

In the past 6 quarters, QBs against the Bears defense are 43/53 for 480 yds, 6 tds and 0 ints.

Tags
    bears , nfl