DMB Tour Rumors: 2015 - Page 17 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion > General Discussion > DMBc Discussion > DMB Tour Discussion
Register Rules Community Top Lists Torrents AM.org

Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

Old 11-24-2014, 05:36 PM   #481
jiggajm18
Joe

Shows Seen: 100

DMB Hub Stubs: 29

My Tour Central Stats

Re: DMB Tour Rumors: 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by willndmb View Post
Cutting hershey was the only real surprise to me.
For two nighters that are boarderline I would only announce one night and if it sells fast add the second
you really were surprised it got cut? attendance had really declined in the last couple of years there.
jiggajm18 is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 11-24-2014, 05:47 PM   #482
    MaxonBartender

Shows Seen: 29

DMB Hub Stubs: 15

My Tour Central Stats

Please bring back either Scranton or Bethel. They dont have the draw to fill up Hershey as the did back in '03, '04, or even '08. But god, I am still amazed Darien's numbers were AS low as they were this year. I won't go back and it would be so much better to have both Bethel and Scranton back. Bethel is just gorgeous and the crowd is always a blast. Scranton seems to alternate good performance years anyway. I'll keep my fingers crossed to have my two "home town" shows back in the mix.
    Old 11-24-2014, 06:39 PM   #483
    willndmb

Shows Seen: 105

DMB Hub Stubs: 24

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jiggajm18 View Post
    you really were surprised it got cut? attendance had really declined in the last couple of years there.
    I mean more because Scranton and bethel got cut too
    I was surprised they cut all three and hershey was far enough away from Darien and SPAC that it often draws some different people
    willndmb is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-24-2014, 06:44 PM   #484
    DMBzilla
    tour.

Shows Seen: 193

DMB Hub Stubs: 36

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by MaxonBartender View Post
    Please bring back either Scranton or Bethel. They dont have the draw to fill up Hershey as the did back in '03, '04, or even '08. But god, I am still amazed Darien's numbers were AS low as they were this year. I won't go back and it would be so much better to have both Bethel and Scranton back. Bethel is just gorgeous and the crowd is always a blast. Scranton seems to alternate good performance years anyway. I'll keep my fingers crossed to have my two "home town" shows back in the mix.
    Bethel sales were awful last time around. Doubt they'll be back unless they cut another nearby stop. One of their biggest problems has been so many shows located so close to one another. Lots of cannibalization there.
    DMBzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-24-2014, 10:37 PM   #485
    OneLove41
    Monkey See Monkey Do

Shows Seen: 17

DMB Hub Stubs: 9

My Tour Central Stats

Bring back Tennessee. Live in memphis, but that's wishful thinking even though they had 20k in 2008. Nashville seems to always be a good stop for them and hasn't seen a show since 09. Vandy stadium was perfect
    "I would choose my own religion and worship my own spirit, but if he ever preached to me I wouldn't want to hear it. I'd drop him, a forgotten god, languishing in shame, and then if I hit stormy seas I'd have myself to blame."
    OneLove41 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-25-2014, 04:45 AM   #486
    dklein
    DMBfan in TN

Shows Seen: 30

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dmbolp View Post
    Plenty to do in both cities, but nothing I'd want to do near either of those venues on a Saturday, on a bender.

Look at the consensus favorite venues: Gorge, SPAC, Alpine, DC, MSG, WPB...All multi-nights with great camping/tailgating/prepartying nearby.

Then there are the multi-nights that aren't known as great venues, but supported by huge population bases: Hartford, Camden, Jones Beach (tickets sales have recently let it down).

Atlanta and Charlotte don't fall into either of these categories. Barely selling out one night (Atlanta) or almost selling out one night (Charlotte) doesn't warrant a second night for either.

Atlanta is known as one of the worst venues, and no real praise for Charlotte either.
    I can kind of see your point on lakeside in atlanta, but Verizon amphitheater in Charlotte is pretty nice. I haven't been to Alpharetta, but hear it's nice and modern. Is there camping near wpb? Never been so I don't know. I just think there should be a 2 nte stand for us southeastern fans within driving distance between wpb and deer creek. A NY fan has spac, hartford, jones beach, hershey, and nyc all within 3-4 hours. The closest 2 nte stand for me is deer creek, 6 hrs away. Had a great time there last year. Just think the southeast has the fan base for another 2nte stand besides wpb and that the fans would come out in force for a weekend stand.
    dklein is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-25-2014, 04:46 AM   #487
    dklein
    DMBfan in TN

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by OneLove41 View Post
    Bring back Tennessee. Live in memphis, but that's wishful thinking even though they had 20k in 2008. Nashville seems to always be a good stop for them and hasn't seen a show since 09. Vandy stadium was perfect
    Agree with you 1000 percent.
    Old 11-25-2014, 05:21 AM   #488
    spoot388

Shows Seen: 94

DMB Hub Stubs: 27

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by willndmb View Post
    I mean more because Scranton and bethel got cut too
    I was surprised they cut all three and hershey was far enough away from Darien and SPAC that it often draws some different people

i was surprised by that too. i thought they would leave one and see if sales increased without having any immediate competition. i don't think they'll stay away forever, at least from scranton and bethel. maybe they'll start a rotation, scranton one year with bethel left off the tour, then bethel the next while skipping scranton, maybe throw hershey in there too, although that place is a shit hole compared to the other two.
    Old 11-25-2014, 06:21 AM   #489
    chadizzy1
    Rumor Curator

Shows Seen: 45

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Is there a good venue in Memphis? I know the Pyramid is being turned into a Bass Pro Shop (such a weird move), and the FedEx is an indoor arena - but I don't recall if there's any good outdoor venues there.
    chadizzy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-25-2014, 06:49 AM   #490
    DMBSunGoddess

Shows Seen: 50

DMB Hub Stubs: 14

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by chadizzy1 View Post
    Is there a good venue in Memphis? I know the Pyramid is being turned into a Bass Pro Shop (such a weird move), and the FedEx is an indoor arena - but I don't recall if there's any good outdoor venues there.
    Southhaven (forget what it is called) outside of Memphis wasn't awful. I think they oversold the lawn from what I read - but it was a new venue. I bet they have the kinks worked out now!
    DMBSunGoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-25-2014, 06:50 AM   #491
    DMBSunGoddess

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Snowden Grove. Is Mud Island still functional?
    Old 11-25-2014, 07:00 AM   #492
    dmbolp
    GO GATORS!!!

Shows Seen: 150

DMB Hub Stubs: 35

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DMBSunGoddess View Post
    Southhaven (forget what it is called) outside of Memphis wasn't awful. I think they oversold the lawn from what I read - but it was a new venue. I bet they have the kinks worked out now!
    Southaven was awful, and too small...one time warmup show for Jazzfest
    dmbolp is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-25-2014, 07:14 AM   #493
    Will57

DMB Hub Stubs: 27

My Tour Central Stats

It really never made a ton of sense to me when they matched either Bethel and Montage. I believe they did it on a Tuesday and Wednesday. It might make sense and you may get people to do both on a Friday and Saturday, but not midweek.
    Old 11-25-2014, 07:34 AM   #494
    OneLove41
    Monkey See Monkey Do

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Autozone park, our AAA baseball stadium. Thats where it was in 08, held 20k. Just dont come in august again, way too hot. Id take nashville, only a 3 hour drive, and a fun city to hangout for the weekend
    "I would choose my own religion and worship my own spirit, but if he ever preached to me I wouldn't want to hear it. I'd drop him, a forgotten god, languishing in shame, and then if I hit stormy seas I'd have myself to blame."
    Old 11-25-2014, 07:40 AM   #495
    OneLove41
    Monkey See Monkey Do

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Snowden Grove. Is Mud Island still functional?
    Quote:
    Yes, mud island is actually nice. But not enough capacity for a dmb show (5k seats), clapton played there this past spring.

I hate snowden grove, living in memphis, I make too many trips out there, since most bands choose to go there now
    Old 11-25-2014, 07:49 AM   #496
    pattyman313

Shows Seen: 27

My Tour Central Stats

Bethel is a great venue and I would love to see DMB play there again, hopefully this summer
    Old 11-25-2014, 08:00 AM   #497
    dklein
    DMBfan in TN

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Autozone park, our AAA baseball stadium. Thats where it was in 08, held 20k. Just dont come in august again, way too hot. Id take nashville, only a 3 hour drive, and a fun city to hangout for the weekend
    Amen! A 2 night stand at vandy stadium on a Fri and Sat would be awesome! Close to Broadway St and all the bars and restaurants and night spots. Hermitage nearby for history buffs. Great spot for us southern fans and would bring in lots of tourism dollars. Vandy show in 2009 was awesoome. Just do it DMB!!
    Old 11-25-2014, 09:49 AM   #498
    Jtr132

Shows Seen: 53

DMB Hub Stubs: 21

My Tour Central Stats

Only rumor i want is spac
    Old 11-25-2014, 10:36 AM   #499
    G8RDave

Shows Seen: 69

DMB Hub Stubs: 25

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dklein View Post
    I can kind of see your point on lakeside in atlanta, but Verizon amphitheater in Charlotte is pretty nice. I haven't been to Alpharetta, but hear it's nice and modern. Is there camping near wpb? Never been so I don't know. I just think there should be a 2 nte stand for us southeastern fans within driving distance between wpb and deer creek. A NY fan has spac, hartford, jones beach, hershey, and nyc all within 3-4 hours. The closest 2 nte stand for me is deer creek, 6 hrs away. Had a great time there last year. Just think the southeast has the fan base for another 2nte stand besides wpb and that the fans would come out in force for a weekend stand.
    Texas is your 2 Nite Southeast venue.
    Saddle Up!!
    Old 11-25-2014, 10:48 AM   #500
    dontdrink36
    not nice or reliable

Shows Seen: 53

My Tour Central Stats

I just want the Atlanta and Charlotte shows spread out as they have been the past few years. That way we get to see different batches of songs as they rotate in and out throughout the tour.
    Old 11-25-2014, 12:44 PM   #501
    dklein
    DMBfan in TN

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by G8RDave View Post
    Texas is your 2 Nite Southeast venue.
    Saddle Up!!
    Texas is in the Southwest and they don't have 2 nights at one venue. Probably be about 13-16 hour drive for me from East TN. Definitely want to visit some places there, particularly Austin and Dallas. You definitely have had some good shows to open the tours the last couple of years.
    Old 11-25-2014, 09:21 PM   #502
    DMBSunGoddess

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I think if Snowden Grove is too small then The Amp in NWArkansas will be the same. That makes me sad - but I would take a warm up Jazzfest show to be able to see them 30 min from my house!
    Old 11-26-2014, 08:54 AM   #503
    OneLove41
    Monkey See Monkey Do

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I think if Snowden Grove is too small then The Amp in NWArkansas will be the same. That makes me sad - but I would take a warm up Jazzfest show to be able to see them 30 min from my house!
    I don't go in to shows with high hopes of an awesome set, if it happens it happens. But, regardless of the set I always have a great time. I've seen some great shows (non dmb) but something about this bands live performance can't be beat in my opinion. But be careful what you wish for
    -Eh Hee
    -Seven
    -If Only
    -Grey Street
    -Squirm
    -Rooftop
    -Gravedigger
    -Don't Drink the Water
    -Spaceman
    -Dancing Nancies
    (>>)Warehouse

-Mercy
    -Pantala Naga Pampa
    (>>)Rapunzel
    -Crush

-What Would You Say
    -Belly Belly Nice
    -Jimi Thing
    Encore:
    -The Space Between
    -Shake Me Like a Monkey
    -All Along the Watchtower
    only Bright spots IMO, I left off Grey Street, cause modern day it just seems rushed. But Ill take it opposed to many others
    Old 11-26-2014, 09:38 AM   #504
    stlbluespower
    DMB 2012

Shows Seen: 35

DMB Hub Stubs: 16

My Tour Central Stats

the 'spread-out' I want to see if to separate Deer Creek from Chicago/Alpine quite a bit more. Two premier 2-night stops that have been way too close the last few years.
    stlbluespower is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-26-2014, 05:03 PM   #505
    pattyman313

Shows Seen: 27

My Tour Central Stats

I wouldnt be surprised at all if they play Snowden Grove this year.
    Old 11-27-2014, 03:20 PM   #506
    jcarley

Shows Seen: 10

DMB Hub Stubs: 8

My Tour Central Stats

Looks like the boys are playing Mexico City on March 15, at the Vive Latino festival!!!
    jcarley is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-27-2014, 03:32 PM   #507
    laststopdmb

DMB Hub Stubs: 28

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by pattyman313 View Post
    I wouldnt be surprised at all if they play Snowden Grove this year.
    I wouldn't be surprised if they played here again too. I'd go back because it's such an easy drive from New Orleans, but this was by far the worst venue I've ever been to. I think the people who worked the show (vendors, security, ID checkers, ETC.) were all volunteers from a local church or something as they all had no previous experience in working an OVERsold out concert. They packed way too many people into this venue. I heard the two Widespread Panic shows in September of 2013 were equally as bad.
    Old 11-27-2014, 03:55 PM   #508
    G8RDave

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I don't go in to shows with high hopes of an awesome set, if it happens it happens. But, regardless of the set I always have a great time. I've seen some great shows (non dmb) but something about this bands live performance can't be beat in my opinion. But be careful what you wish for
    -Eh Hee
    -Seven
    -If Only
    -Grey Street
    -Squirm
    -Rooftop
    -Gravedigger
    -Don't Drink the Water
    -Spaceman
    -Dancing Nancies
    (>>)Warehouse

-Mercy
    -Pantala Naga Pampa
    (>>)Rapunzel
    -Crush

-What Would You Say
    -Belly Belly Nice
    -Jimi Thing
    Encore:
    -The Space Between
    -Shake Me Like a Monkey
    -All Along the Watchtower
    only Bright spots IMO, I left off Grey Street, cause modern day it just seems rushed. But Ill take it opposed to many others
    Might add Rooftop(w/Rashawn) as positive and security guard shaken ass with Dave.
    I hate to criticize your only Memphis amp, but the place couldn't handle crowd. Bad parking situation and understaffed. Did FedEx for PJ. Nice venue but burning cop cars a bit of a distraction.
    Let's try Nashville?
    Old 11-27-2014, 03:58 PM   #509
    chadizzy1
    Rumor Curator

Shows Seen: 45

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jcarley View Post
    Looks like the boys are playing Mexico City on March 15, at the Vive Latino festival!!!
    http://davematthewsband.com/news/dav...ve-latino-2015

Off to an early start!
    chadizzy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 11-27-2014, 04:10 PM   #510
    G8RDave

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Leave your family some ransom money and pack body armour!