The Flash (CW Show) - Page 9 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion > General Discussion > nDMBc Discussion
Register Rules Community Top Lists Torrents AM.org

Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

Old 04-20-2016, 10:12 AM   #241
TMoore4075
RIP LeRoi: 1961-2008

Shows Seen: 27

DMB Hub Stubs: 12

My Tour Central Stats

Re: The Flash (CW Show)

Yeah I thought it was a great episode. I want to go home and watch it again.

Click the "Show Spoiler" Button to reveal hidden text.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fonzz41 View Post
I am so jealous of the coyotes right now.
TMoore4075 is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 04-20-2016, 11:07 AM   #242
    Jake

Shows Seen: 61

DMB Hub Stubs: 19

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by chadizzy1 View Post
    Awesome episode last night.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    Rather than a giant multi quote, Hunter Zoloman is a reverse flash in the comics. I recognized the name when I heard it.

So basically when "Jay" did that w Kaitlin it was a wink & nod reveal. It all makes sense now.

"Jay" is Zoom Hunter Zoloman.
    Wells e-2 daughter is a "Johnny Quick"
    Wally is Kid Flash
    Iron Mask is real Jay.

For the longest time I thought Zoom was e-2 Barry's dad but now I think the above is more likely

so I'm kinda right... we'll see if Well's daughter comes thru in the clutch for me.

as to the Iron Mask "Jay". I still think it's Jay. but the line Zoom/Hunter/Jay said makes me think it's a familiar face.
    Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-20-2016, 01:17 PM   #243
    chadizzy1
    Rumor Curator

Shows Seen: 45

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    so I'm kinda right... we'll see if Well's daughter comes thru in the clutch for me.

as to the Iron Mask "Jay". I still think it's Jay. but the line Zoom/Hunter/Jay said makes me think it's a familiar face.
    I'm hoping Iron Mask is Wally West as Kid Flash.

But you're right, the line makes it seem like it's a familiar face. It would be really cool if it was an alternate Earth timeline from the 90's Flash with John Wesley Shipp as Flash. That would be absolutely fantastic.
    chadizzy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-20-2016, 01:58 PM   #244
    DMBZeppelin
    OOH-WEE

Shows Seen: 87

DMB Hub Stubs: 27

My Tour Central Stats

I like the epsidoe up to the point Barry gave up his speed. What would be the point in doing that? It doesn't save Wally if the plan is for Zoom to kill everyone right after.

Tour 2023: Deer Creek [6/30] [7/01]
    DMBZeppelin is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-20-2016, 02:24 PM   #245
    Jake

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I'm hoping Iron Mask is Wally West as Kid Flash.

But you're right, the line makes it seem like it's a familiar face. It would be really cool if it was an alternate Earth timeline from the 90's Flash with John Wesley Shipp as Flash. That would be absolutely fantastic.
    Which is what a lot of us thought in the 1st place.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DMBZeppelin View Post
    I like the epsidoe up to the point Barry gave up his speed. What would be the point in doing that? It doesn't save Wally if the plan is for Zoom to kill everyone right after.
    After learning that Hunter Zoloman is a serial killer w 26 career murders the plan they devised was to take away the only thing close enough to stopping him & hope that his eye fucking session w Caitlin would be enough to stop him from murdering the fuck out of everyone

Not the best plan but it worked somehow
    Old 04-26-2016, 05:17 PM   #246
    Jake

My Tour Central Stats

I caught that. Not the same actor as playing the man in the mask as before.

Old 04-26-2016, 08:43 PM   #247
    DMBZeppelin
    OOH-WEE

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    After learning that Hunter Zoloman is a serial killer w 26 career murders the plan they devised was to take away the only thing close enough to stopping him & hope that his eye fucking session w Caitlin would be enough to stop him from murdering the fuck out of everyone

Not the best plan but it worked somehow

Just saw this

Old 04-26-2016, 08:49 PM   #248
    DMBZeppelin
    OOH-WEE

My Tour Central Stats

So with Wells wanting to set off an explosion who gets powers besides Barry? Wally? Caitlin? Jesse? Though if it's Wally and Jesse it seems lame that everyone who turns just becomes a speedster.

Old 04-27-2016, 04:17 AM   #249
    Jake

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    So with Wells wanting to set off an explosion who gets powers besides Barry? Wally? Caitlin? Jesse? Though if it's Wally and Jesse it seems lame that everyone who turns just becomes a speedster.
    it's probably all of em -

Barry to become Flash again

Jesse to be Jesse Quick

Caitlin to become E-1 Killer Frost

Wally to become Kid Flash
    Old 04-27-2016, 04:56 AM   #250
    KevinTH
    KevinTH5

Shows Seen: 33

DMB Hub Stubs: 16

My Tour Central Stats

I'll stick this season out, but I might be done after that. How anyone thinks the writing and acting is great is beyond me. They recycle the same dialogue over and over in different ways. How many times is Barry going to say, "guys, Zoom is still out there. I have to learn how to be faster." Although, they created that tachyon thing that makes him go faster, so it looks like that line can finally be retired. Caitlin is insufferable. Surprisingly, Iris became one of the best acted characters on the show. Cisco got better, but that dude is such a tool, is not funny and is just flat out annoying. I do like Wally. Again, how anyone doesn't feel the dialogue is forced makes no sense to me. I just watched 3 episodes in a row so a lot is still fresh. But example: the crew goes out to the club and they introduce Wally to Jesse and we get "so, Jesse, are you knew in town?" It was so poorly placed and executed. I cringed. Joe is just OK, but I'd hardly call is acting great. I chuckle every time he gets that sassy black lady voice. And Wells...sorry, what's that Wells? No one can hear you because you're always whispering! Glad you guys enjoy it. I wish I did, but they wasted both Green Arrow and Flash (one of my favorite comic book characters) on cheap made-for-teen dramas on CW. I finally gave up on Arrow, and most likely will Flash after I finish out this season.
    KevinTH is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-27-2016, 05:03 AM   #251
    Jake

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by KevinTH View Post
    I'll stick this season out, but I might be done after that. How anyone thinks the writing and acting is great is beyond me. They recycle the same dialogue over and over in different ways. How many times is Barry going to say, "guys, Zoom is still out there. I have to learn how to be faster." Although, they created that tachyon thing that makes him go faster, so it looks like that line can finally be retired. Caitlin is insufferable. Surprisingly, Iris became one of the best acted characters on the show. Cisco got better, but that dude is such a tool, is not funny and is just flat out annoying. I do like Wally. Again, how anyone doesn't feel the dialogue is forced makes no sense to me. I just watched 3 episodes in a row so a lot is still fresh. But example: the crew goes out to the club and they introduce Wally to Jesse and we get "so, Jesse, are you knew in town?" It was so poorly placed and executed. I cringed. Joe is just OK, but I'd hardly call is acting great. I chuckle every time he gets that sassy black lady voice. And Wells...sorry, what's that Wells? No one can hear you because you're always whispering! Glad you guys enjoy it. I wish I did, but they wasted both Green Arrow and Flash (one of my favorite comic book characters) on cheap made-for-teen dramas on CW. I finally gave up on Arrow, and most likely will Flash after I finish out this season.
    you should probably bail now; it's not for you.
    Old 04-27-2016, 05:03 AM   #252
    KevinTH
    KevinTH5

My Tour Central Stats

I haven't watched last nights episode yet, but I just forgot about the ending of last week's episode. So there's still a chance Barry might still say something to the effect of "guys, Jay is still out there, and he has Caitlin...I have to learn how to get my speed back". Hahahaha
    Old 04-27-2016, 05:06 AM   #253
    KevinTH
    KevinTH5

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    you should probably bail now; it's not for you.
    I really am bummed. Being that Flash is one of my favorites, I tried hard to like it, but you are right, it's just not for me. I just hope they don't waste any more great characters like Green Lantern on shows like this. They've made a bunch of call outs to his world. I really want to see Lantern done right.

You guys enjoy the rest of the series and I'll quit commenting. There's nothing more annoying than people negatively commenting on something other people enjoy. Glad you guys like it, and enjoy!

Last edited by KevinTH; 04-27-2016 at 05:08 AM.
    Old 04-27-2016, 05:10 AM   #254
    chadizzy1
    Rumor Curator

My Tour Central Stats

I think that's the problem in the world we live in now. 15 years ago, if you asked me if I wanted a Flash or Green Arrow TV show, I can't imagine what I would have done. Or if you asked me if I i imagined a world where there were comic book TV shows aplenty, I wouldn't have believed you. I think we're spoiled now and take a lot of this for granted, to be honest. There are all these great comic book shows and now that we have so many people seem to find reasons to be unhappy with them.

But if you asked 16 year old me who was sitting in the floor of The Comic Book Store in Little Rock reading Green Arrow comics if I ever imagined a world where comic book properties were all over TV and in movies, I would have never believed it. But would have been overjoyed about the possibility.
    Old 04-27-2016, 05:30 AM   #255
    Jake

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by KevinTH View Post
    I really am bummed. Being that Flash is one of my favorites, I tried hard to like it, but you are right, it's just not for me. I just hope they don't waste any more great characters like Green Lantern on shows like this. They've made a bunch of call outs to his world. I really want to see Lantern done right.

You guys enjoy the rest of the series and I'll quit commenting. There's nothing more annoying than people negatively commenting on something other people enjoy. Glad you guys like it, and enjoy!
    I think your standards are too high.

It's a 24 episode series; of course there is fluff. It's not awful fluff like Arrow but it could turn that way. Arrow didn't get bad until s3.
    Old 04-27-2016, 05:39 AM   #256
    KevinTH
    KevinTH5

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I think your standards are too high.

It's a 24 episode series; of course there is fluff. It's not awful fluff like Arrow but it could turn that way. Arrow didn't get bad until s3.
    Fair enough. Unfortunately television standards have changed dramatically and the quality of shows on channels like AMC or FX have set the bar so high. Like Chad said, had these shoes come out earlier I may have enjoyed them more. But with the quality of shows on the stations I mentioned, and the even better shows on Netflix, it's hard to draw myself back into the fluff of a CW, NBC, ABC or Fox drama series. And that's why I wish DC had held out and struck deals for better shows on a platform like Netflix.

Someone mentioned before that these series are too long. I fully agree. I think Daredevil is maybe 13 episodes long, versus these shows that have 22 episodes. That leaves so much more room for crummy episodes with some good ones tossed in here and there. One of the three episodes I just watched was not too bad (I forget which one), but it was tossed in the mix of 1 really band one and 1 mediocre episode. I think that's another factor in what makes these shows falter.

Last edited by KevinTH; 04-27-2016 at 05:43 AM.
    Old 04-28-2016, 06:17 AM   #257
    TMoore4075

My Tour Central Stats

This weeks episode was a let down over the previous week. I'm hoping it picks back up since we're close to the end.

Quote:
    Old 04-28-2016, 06:19 AM   #258
    Jake

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by TMoore4075 View Post
    This weeks episode was a let down over the previous week. I'm hoping it picks back up since we're close to the end.
    It was a fluff episode- stretched out the no speed angle for a week.
    Old 04-28-2016, 03:03 PM   #259
    DMBZeppelin
    OOH-WEE

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    The really Walking Deaded it for a week. At least the next episode should be good.

Did anyone who works on the show ever explain why they didn't acknowledge the Super Girl crossover? Weird.

Old 04-28-2016, 03:04 PM   #260
    DMBZeppelin
    OOH-WEE

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    The really Walking Deaded it for a week. At least the next episode should be good.

Did anyone who works on the show ever explain why they didn't acknowledge the Super Girl crossover? Weird.

Old 04-28-2016, 03:05 PM   #261
    DMBZeppelin
    OOH-WEE

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

Old 04-29-2016, 05:11 AM   #262
    TMoore4075

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

You really wanted us to answer this I see.

I thought they were gonna acknowledge it. When he disappeared and asked how long he was gone, I thought he was gonna bring it up but nope. Wonder if they had filmed this and the crossover was written after this so they just kinda added it in to that story...I dunno.

Quote:
    Old 04-29-2016, 06:01 AM   #263
    twostep665

Shows Seen: 37

My Tour Central Stats

I thought this show and Arrow ran concurrently. If anyone saw this week's arrow, Barry comes to the funeral to pay respects and after he is done talking to Oliver, he speeds off. I don't recall him getting his speed back this week.
    Old 04-29-2016, 06:50 AM   #264
    chadizzy1
    Rumor Curator

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by twostep665 View Post
    I thought this show and Arrow ran concurrently. If anyone saw this week's arrow, Barry comes to the funeral to pay respects and after he is done talking to Oliver, he speeds off. I don't recall him getting his speed back this week.
    I thought the same thing. It was a little odd. But perhaps that happens before Barry lost his speed.
    Old 04-29-2016, 07:04 AM   #265
    TMoore4075

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I thought the same thing. It was a little odd. But perhaps that happens before Barry lost his speed.
    I'm guessing this is the case. While they happen close to the same time, nothing ever said this weeks episode of Flash happens in the exact same days as Arrow. The Arrow finale last season Barry rescues them and says he needs to have a talk to Wells and Barry already had at that point in terms of actually watching the show. Plus when Oliver shows up to help Barry capture Wells, it aired the day before the Arrow finale where they have to save Star City, so it shows that they don't line up perfectly.

Quote:
    Old 05-04-2016, 05:38 AM   #266
    TMoore4075

My Tour Central Stats

So clearly there is something with Jay:

Quote:
    Old 05-04-2016, 07:07 AM   #267
    chadizzy1
    Rumor Curator

My Tour Central Stats

Great episode last night.

Old 05-17-2016, 11:37 PM   #268
    javierm27

Shows Seen: 17

DMB Hub Stubs: 7

My Tour Central Stats

Episode last week, the runaway dinosaur was one of the best to date. Kevin Smith directed it and I love that we got the speed force in there, so awesome.
    javierm27 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-18-2016, 04:43 AM   #269
    Jake

My Tour Central Stats

everything is teed up for a good ending. not too thrilled with the penultimate episode

Old 05-18-2016, 05:23 AM   #270
    TMoore4075

My Tour Central Stats

I loved the "I don't think we've ever met" between Tina and Henry. Great episode. Looking forward to next week.

Quote: