Restaurant Etiquette - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion
Old 03-27-2009, 11:35 PM   #1
ExistenceNow
AM.org Moderator

Shows Seen: 117

DMB Hub Stubs: 30

My Tour Central Stats

Restaurant Etiquette

Seriously, some of you need a lesson. Some of these are inspired by my work in restaurants and some are inspired by my experiences in other restaurants.

In no particular order:

Ladies first. Your servers know this and when possible will try to get the lady's order first. However, when you butt in and order first, you look like an asshole.

Hang up your fucking phone. This is a courtesy to not only the guests at your table, but also to the rest of the guests and to your server. If you need to take a call, step outside.

Just because a restaurant is adjacent to a pool, does not mean it's okay for you to bring your demon offspring in wearing a wet swimsuit and no shoes or shirt (not to mention bringing yourselves in in similar attire).

Being a paying customer does not give you the right to act like a fucking prick. If you're dissatisfied with your food/service complain and seek remedy in a tactful manner. Pissing and moaning like a little bitch will not work out in your favor, I can promise you that.

Control your children or leave. We're all very impressed with your ability to procreate but your child running around playing is not part of the ambiance the other patrons came to experience. If you want your children to have free reign, take them to a child appropriate restaurant.

Don't show up 5 minutes before the restaurant closes. Yes, technically we're still open, but fuck. We seat you at 5 till close but you're not going to walk till probably 45 minutes after close. Plus, restaurants pre-close so we have to undo work we've done to cook and serve your food, then we have to re-do all that same work.

Tip. Your. Fucking. Server.

And, just so you don't think I'm blind to what customers go through, here's a short list for servers:

Just because you're having a bad day, don't take it out on the customer. Your job is customer service. Furthermore, don't act like a fucking prick and then get pissy when you don't get a good tip. If you don't like your job, but can't put on a positive front, you should not be working with people.

Take some pride in your work. You're serving food, that people are EATING. Always keep that in mind.

Work as a team. Just because it isn't directly going to make you money, doesn't mean it's not a task you should take care of.

This is just a taste of what fucking pisses me off about people in restaurants, so feel free to add, but most importantly take note, because I know most of you break one or more of these "rules".

Last edited by ExistenceNow; 03-27-2009 at 11:40 PM.

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 03-27-2009, 11:55 PM   #2
    bubba40

Shows Seen: 20

DMB Hub Stubs: 11

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Restaurant Etiquette

Don't poop on the tables.
    Old 03-27-2009, 11:57 PM   #3
    matt2053

Shows Seen: 16

DMB Hub Stubs: 13

My Tour Central Stats

I agree with all except showing up right before close. If you don't want to seat people after, say, 9:30, then make it known. Or simply let the late customer know, kindly, that you are no longer seating that evening. Either don't seat them, or seat them and give them excellent service. The hostess should not seat someone if the wait staff will resen it.
    Old 03-28-2009, 12:04 AM   #4
    buzz05232000
    In Flynn We Trust

Shows Seen: 14

DMB Hub Stubs: 6

My Tour Central Stats

Tradition is like a bad disease.

Etiquette = tradition

http://www.last.fm/user/buzz05232000
    Old 03-28-2009, 12:09 AM   #5
    junior94
    not a unique snowflake

Shows Seen: 2

DMB Hub Stubs: 4

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ExistenceNow View Post

Don't show up 5 minutes before the restaurant closes. Yes, technically we're still open, but fuck. We seat you at 5 till close but you're not going to walk till probably 45 minutes after close. Plus, restaurants pre-close so we have to undo work we've done to cook and serve your food, then we have to re-do all that same work.
    Actually, I'm surprised this is really even an issue just because I'd kinda think as a general rule a restaurant simply wouldn't even admit you with that little of time left until "official" close. Because (and I think this is a VERY reasonable rule to have), I'd think the line is that no matter when you and your party come in -- the place is closing at the advertised closing time. I mean, an extra 5 or 10 minutes for the sake of a party that's been there for at least an hour or two previous, sure I could understand. But no, if you're showing up 5 or 10 minutes before the place is due to close, obviously you're not going to finish your meal within those 10 minutes, and so you're simply not even welcomed in.

And I mean you as a patron would have to be REALLY self-absorbed for the alternate to be true, because then you're expecting an entire restaurant and its staff basically to remain open past normal closing time just for you.

Hell I've seen plenty of stores, whether it's of the department variety or whatever, but just not where food is being served, that will have someone stationed at the door for the last 10-15 minutes or so before close, because just like what I said, they won't admit new customers that close. The only people allowed in are those who've already been inside shopping for awhile and are now closing out their purchases.

"Ohh, why do my actions have consequences?!?!" - Homer J. Simpson

Last edited by junior94; 03-28-2009 at 12:11 AM.
    Old 03-28-2009, 12:24 AM   #6
    ExistenceNow
    AM.org Moderator

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by matt2053 View Post
    I agree with all except showing up right before close. If you don't want to seat people after, say, 9:30, then make it known. Or simply let the late customer know, kindly, that you are no longer seating that evening. Either don't seat them, or seat them and give them excellent service. The hostess should not seat someone if the wait staff will resen it.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by junior94 View Post
    Actually, I'm surprised this is really even an issue just because I'd kinda think as a general rule a restaurant simply wouldn't even admit you with that little of time left until "official" close. Because (and I think this is a VERY reasonable rule to have), I'd think the line is that no matter when you and your party come in -- the place is closing at the advertised closing time. I mean, an extra 5 or 10 minutes for the sake of a party that's been there for at least an hour or two previous, sure I could understand. But no, if you're showing up 5 or 10 minutes before the place is due to close, obviously you're not going to finish your meal within those 10 minutes, and so you're simply not even welcomed in.

And I mean you as a patron would have to be REALLY self-absorbed for the alternate to be true, because then you're expecting an entire restaurant and its staff basically to remain open past normal closing time just for you.

Hell I've seen plenty of stores, whether it's of the department variety or whatever, but just not where food is being served, that will have someone stationed at the door for the last 10-15 minutes or so before close, because just like what I said, they won't admit new customers that close. The only people allowed in are those who've already been inside shopping for awhile and are now closing out their purchases.

I wish this was common practice but every restaurant I've ever worked at actually sat people up until the actual closing time. Restaurants are businesses that typically don't give a fuck about their employees. Seating a table 1 minute before close means more money for the company. Therefore, IMO, it's the customer's responsibility to be courteous enough not to try to get seated that late.

For an example, my restaurant closes at 10. We serve a deep dish pizza that takes 30 minutes to bake (once it's in the oven, the 30 min does not count prep time). Regularly, we have people come in at 9:30-9:59 and order a deep dish pizza (and we inform EVERY customer, no matter what time it is, how long our deep dish takes). So, in some cases, we have tables that don't even START eating until 30 minutes after we close and they're fully aware of that and don't care.

The movie Waiting is actually remarkably accurate in its portrayal of restaurant life. The scene where the cooks are in the back counting the seconds before close and that douche walks in last minute is DEAD ON.

Last edited by ExistenceNow; 03-28-2009 at 12:27 AM.
    Old 03-28-2009, 12:31 AM   #7
    jguinan101
    redlegs, winning

Shows Seen: 66

DMB Hub Stubs: 19

My Tour Central Stats

I'm a long time server so this should be fun.

I sort of disagree with you on the 5 minute before close thing. I understand there might be circumstances that have caused you to arrive late but when you do this there are a few ground rules. Try and act like you are remotely aware the place is about close and don't order a drink an app, dinner, and especially dessert because by this time it is probably at least a half hour after close, just try and show some sense of urgency in it. Plus arriving this late means 15% is out the window 20% is the new minimum (to me thats always the minimum so really it should be up to 25%)

It always annoys me though when my fellow employees close up 10 minutes before we close. Why not just way, you basically jinxed us by dumping all the tea and coffee at 9:50. I'm definitely going to get that table at 9:55 now that wants both. Plus there is nothing worse than the server that bitches about tips and customers every day. Saying how much they hate their job every day but never do anything about it, if you can't hack it just quite all ready.

Ok so now I'm going to ramble a little about my number one pet peeve, customers who are just oblivious and ignorant. Just the random stupidness never stops, its really a good source of humor so I guess I shouldn't bitch. People who just assume things and don't read descriptions or ask questions, then they bitch when they get their food. Or people who just plan act like they have never ever eaten before. Its just so funny when you ask some one how they want a steak cooked or what dressing they want on their salad and they just look like you asked them to name all 18 of Jupiter's moons. I mean really you don't know how you like your steak cooked. Another great question is when some one orders a $20 steak dinner and they ask if they get sides with that. Nope a 20 spot gets you a slab of meat on a plate. I mean do you really think we are going to just give you a steak and its not going to come with sides. Ok thats enough for now I'm sure I could go on but I won't sorry if its a little off topic but the OP was right on with most of it.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tomriddle View Post
    I'm always surprised how big a deal pot is
    To me it's like Pop Tarts. You may like it, you may not, but it's still just a fucking Pop Tart
    -joey g
    Old 03-28-2009, 12:38 AM   #8
    ExistenceNow
    AM.org Moderator

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jguinan101 View Post

I sort of disagree with you on the 5 minute before close thing. I understand there might be circumstances that have caused you to arrive late but when you do this there are a few ground rules. Try and act like you are remotely aware the place is about close and don't order a drink an app, dinner, and especially dessert because by this time it is probably at least a half hour after close, just try and show some sense of urgency in it. Plus arriving this late means 15% is out the window 20% is the new minimum (to me thats always the minimum so really it should be up to 25%)

It always annoys me though when my fellow employees close up 10 minutes before we close. Why not just way, you basically jinxed us by dumping all the tea and coffee at 9:50. I'm definitely going to get that table at 9:55 now that wants both. Plus there is nothing worse than the server that bitches about tips and customers every day. Saying how much they hate their job every day but never do anything about it, if you can't hack it just quite all ready.

Ok so now I'm going to ramble a little about my number one pet peeve, customers who are just oblivious and ignorant. Just the random stupidness never stops, its really a good source of humor so I guess I shouldn't bitch. People who just assume things and don't read descriptions or ask questions, then they bitch when they get their food. Or people who just plan act like they have never ever eaten before. Its just so funny when you ask some one how they want a steak cooked or what dressing they want on their salad and they just look like you asked them to name all 18 of Jupiter's moons. I mean really you don't know how you like your steak cooked. Another great question is when some one orders a $20 steak dinner and they ask if they get sides with that. Nope a 20 spot gets you a slab of meat on a plate. I mean do you really think we are going to just give you a steak and its not going to come with sides. Ok thats enough for now I'm sure I could go on but I won't sorry if its a little off topic but the OP was right on with most of it.

This one seriously is hilariously annoying. A classic example happened tonight in fact. Even if you don't automatically know what a deep dish pizza is, our menu describes it in detail: It's a bottom layer of crust, your cheese and toppings on top of that, then another layer of crust (like a pie) with the sauce on top.

So, this table orders a deep dish pizza with like 5 ingredients. The pizza comes and they throw a fit. "We ordered a pizza with sausage, mushroom, onion, green peppers, onion and this only has SAUCE on it. It doesn't even have any cheese!".

Our server calmly informed them that as she AND the menu informed them, the toppings and cheese are in the middle.

Last edited by ExistenceNow; 03-28-2009 at 12:40 AM.
    Old 03-28-2009, 12:43 AM   #9
    ExistenceNow
    AM.org Moderator

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

Yea, I guess if you follow some basic courtesies and use some common sense, showing up that late isn't THAT big of a deal. My example was our deep dish pizza. You shouldn't walk into our store 5 minutes before we close then order a pizza that takes AT LEAST 30 minutes to bake.

I work as a driver and have experienced people calling in 5 minutes before closing wanting a deep dish pizza delivered. So, The pizza doesn't come out of the oven till 30 minutes after close. Then, I have to drive it to you (and we have a HUGE delivery area) then drive all the way back to my store, then do my check out. Fuck. That.

Last edited by ExistenceNow; 03-28-2009 at 12:46 AM.
    Old 03-28-2009, 12:45 AM   #10
    junior94
    not a unique snowflake

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I wish this was common practice but every restaurant I've ever worked at actually sat people up until the actual closing time. Restaurants are businesses that typically don't give a fuck about their employees. Seating a table 1 minute before close means more money for the company. Therefore, IMO, it's the customer's responsibility to be courteous enough not to try to get seated that late.

For an example, my restaurant closes at 10. We serve a deep dish pizza that takes 30 minutes to bake (once it's in the oven, the 30 min does not count prep time). Regularly, we have people come in at 9:30-9:59 and order a deep dish pizza (and we inform EVERY customer, no matter what time it is, how long our deep dish takes). So, in some cases, we have tables that don't even START eating until 30 minutes after we close and they're fully aware of that and don't care.

The movie Waiting is actually remarkably accurate in its portrayal of restaurant life. The scene where the cooks are in the back counting the seconds before close and that douche walks in last minute is DEAD ON.
    Well I could relate to this in a sort of indirect way in that years ago, like in another friggin life, I used to work at a video rental store. We're talking like 1996 so it's VHS rentals. And always on the weekends we were open til midnight. Well to rent you have to have a membership, and while it was free, you needed a credit card to back it, and that card had to be run, and there was some paperwork to fill out. We VERY often would have a group of kids walk in at I swear up to like 11:58 to rent. And it got to a point after awhile where if they came in that late and then just sort of automatically started browsing, we'd go out of our way to approach them to ask them if they were already a member, because if not could they please have one of their group start on the paperwork to get the membership while their friends picked out the actual movie(s). Yea, we certainly learned to do that after only so many times of having the kids come in that late, browse around for 10-15 minutes, approach the counter, we'd ask for their card and they'd say "Oh, you have to be a member to rent here?"

And we'd SO try our best to put on a smile and politely tell them yes while resisting the urge to jump across the counter and pull their spines out thru their mouths Because while the paperwork certainly didn't take as long as cooking a pizza, it DID mean we'd be there until after closing. And, while there were certain things we could start to do for closing like the half hour before, obviously we couldn't cash out the computers/registers until we were officially closed, and that always took awhile.

Old 03-28-2009, 12:49 AM   #11
    junior94
    not a unique snowflake

My Tour Central Stats

Matty -- on the people arriving so late just before close thing and not caring at all, just out of curiosity, would you say the percentage of your customers who exhibit that behavior is at least like, say, no more than 30-40%? Or is it even worse?

oh and I agree with the jguinan guy -- if you're going to pull the act of wanting to be seated so late, and ESPECIALLY if you're ordering a fairly big meal, then yea your ass BETTER be makin with the HUGE TIP at the end, at the very least. Actually hell even if you're ordering something for delivery that will cause the driver to be out that late after close, you better make it very worth his while.

Last edited by junior94; 03-28-2009 at 12:52 AM.
    Old 03-28-2009, 12:49 AM   #12
    jguinan101
    redlegs, winning

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

I would say its a 50-50 mix on the last minute people. Half of them actually realize whats going on, just didn't know what time close was or whatever, but they realize the place is empty and everyone is closing up and hurry with their order and don't just take their sweet ass time. Unfortunately that other half are exact opposites. They are completely oblivious to the fact that everyone is waiting to go home and staying around just for them. The worst is the jackasses that just take their sweet ass time. I just recently had some dumb ass actually order another round as he was about to pay the check about 50 minutes after we closed the bartender was gone and so was every other customer. I had to actually go make the drink, and worst of all for a 15% tip on a rather large check. Just a totally different kind of person then I could ever understand.

Quote:
    The part I think the customer courteousness part comes in by judging the situation. I've worked at some places where there was a fairly steady flow right up until close most nights in this situation when you come in 5 minutes before close there are probably some people that still don't have their food and every thing is still out and the late arrival really isn't that big of a deal. But if you are pulling in an empty parking lot and walking into an empty restaurant at 9:55 that is pretty dick. I mean I've had nights where I got off and really been craving something from olive garden or whatever so we all close at about the same time so if I go there and its 9:45 and the parking lot has got some cars in it I'll go in, but if its dead I'll go to Wings and Rings or Fridays or someone that is open later. Plus if I go in late like I said before I'm going to tip 25% for the basic service so I don't feel bad.

Quote:
    To me it's like Pop Tarts. You may like it, you may not, but it's still just a fucking Pop Tart
    -joey g
    Old 03-28-2009, 12:54 AM   #13
    junior94
    not a unique snowflake

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I would say its a 50-50 mix on the last minute people. Half of them actually realize whats going on, just didn't know what time close was or whatever, but they realize the place is empty and everyone is closing up and hurry with their order and don't just take their sweet ass time. Unfortunately that other half are exact opposites. They are completely oblivious to the fact that everyone is waiting to go home and staying around just for them. The worst is the jackasses that just take their sweet ass time. I just recently had some dumb ass actually order another round as he was about to pay the check about 50 minutes after we closed the bartender was gone and so was every other customer. I had to actually go make the drink, and worst of all for a 15% tip on a rather large check. Just a totally different kind of person then I could ever understand.
    Hang on -- when the situation is THAT extreme, especially with the regular bartender being gone, you're not allowed to (politely, of course) tell the customer that he's simply not allowed to order anymore drinks at that point? Jesus I would think even a hardass manager would be okay with that.

edit: also this is a situation where you also then stealthily snap a photo of this guy with your camera phone, then he goes on "the wall" in the back kitchen, this way everyone in the place knows that if/when he comes back on a later day, he gets human piss in his drink (and that's the "being nice" version)

Last edited by junior94; 03-28-2009 at 12:56 AM.
    Old 03-28-2009, 12:55 AM   #14
    ExistenceNow
    AM.org Moderator

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

The part I think the customer courteousness part comes in by judging the situation. I've worked at some places where there was a fairly steady flow right up until close most nights in this situation when you come in 5 minutes before close there are probably some people that still don't have their food and every thing is still out and the late arrival really isn't that big of a deal. But if you are pulling in an empty parking lot and walking into an empty restaurant at 9:55 that is pretty dick. I mean I've had nights where I got off and really been craving something from olive garden or whatever so we all close at about the same time so if I go there and its 9:45 and the parking lot has got some cars in it I'll go in, but if its dead I'll go to Wings and Rings or Fridays or someone that is open later. Plus if I go in late like I said before I'm going to tip 25% for the basic service so I don't feel bad.

I'll agree with that.
    I guess that's why it pisses me off so much at my store. By 9:30 we're dead. The parking lot is empty (we're in a upscale residential area where people crash early, it's not the party part of Austin), and all the actual tables have the chairs on them (only the booths are open at that point).
    If you walk in at that point you can see our open kitchen and can see the cooks breaking down their stations etc... basically, it's DAMN obvious we'd be done for the night if not for you.

Sure, some nights we're jam packed all night and on those nights it's not a big deal at all. But if you walk into a restaurant with chairs up and people cleaning and you STILL don't have a problem taking your sweet ass time... ugh.

Oh, and as for gratuity, since I work in service, you're getting 30% from me unless you just completely suck at life.

Last edited by ExistenceNow; 03-28-2009 at 12:59 AM.
    Old 03-28-2009, 12:57 AM   #15
    ExistenceNow
    AM.org Moderator

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Hang on -- when the situation is THAT extreme, especially with the regular bartender being gone, you're not allowed to (politely, of course) tell the customer that he's simply not allowed to order anymore drinks at that point? Jesus I would think even a hardass manager would be okay with that.
    Secret shoppers man. Secret shoppers.

You never know if that last second customer was hired by the owners to see if you're closing early.

Fuck, I don't even work at a chain. We're locally owned and operated and we still have to worry about spies.
    Old 03-28-2009, 01:00 AM   #16
    jguinan101
    redlegs, winning

My Tour Central Stats

Yea definitely a big F that to all that driving and waiting 30 minutes for a pizza. Its funny because I work at Outback and if you come in late the cooks really just fly through that shit. A well done steak is only going to take 10 minutes. God this just reminds me how much I hate closing there sometimes. After 9 mon-thurs is just silly. The salad guys start to put everything away early so salads take 10 minutes. And the grill has to be empty before they can clean it so steaks are always done in record time. But the servers all clean their shit early so you can never find stuff you need for your tables or someone put away the butter and sour cream or dumped the coffee. But honestly all the bitching I do I love my job. It's cake work in a laid back environment, flexible schedule for tour season. And best of all I can make in 25 hours what most of my friends do in 40 a week.

Quote:
    -joey g
    Old 03-28-2009, 01:03 AM   #17
    ExistenceNow
    AM.org Moderator

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Yea definitely a big F that to all that driving and waiting 30 minutes for a pizza. Its funny because I work at Outback and if you come in late the cooks really just fly through that shit. A well done steak is only going to take 10 minutes. God this just reminds me how much I hate closing there sometimes. After 9 mon-thurs is just silly. The salad guys start to put everything away early so salads take 10 minutes. And the grill has to be empty before they can clean it so steaks are always done in record time. But the servers all clean their shit early so you can never find stuff you need for your tables or someone put away the butter and sour cream or dumped the coffee. But honestly all the bitching I do I love my job. It's cake work in a laid back environment, flexible schedule for tour season. And best of all I can make in 25 hours what most of my friends do in 40 a week.
    You just nailed it right there; every single word in bold.

All of that is EXACTLY why I keep my job.
    Old 03-28-2009, 01:10 AM   #18
    jguinan101
    redlegs, winning

My Tour Central Stats

yea the location of my restaurant is very similar. Suburbs of cincinnati pretty upscale neighborhood. There is this one annoying ass group of football parents from one of the high schools that come in after football games so usually after 10:30 on friday night when we close at 11 and stay til after midnight. Its so rude and annoying because there is like 30 of them so they have to keep extra staff every friday just in case they come in. But it pisses me off because there is a TGIFridays right across the street and a Wings and Rings a little down the road both of which are open until 1 am or later. I mean they tip good and spend some money so I guess its good for our place, but I always feel bad for the cooks, they don't see any of that money. I try to buy them a beer whenever I see them at a bar or whatever.

But yea junior no closing while any customer is there. I have seen people stay as late as midnight on a night we close at ten. Its just so annoying when there are bars and restaurants that are actually open still literally with in walking distance.

Quote:
    -joey g
    Old 03-28-2009, 01:15 AM   #19
    RedSox41

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 1

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    You just nailed it right there; every single word in bold.

All of that is EXACTLY why I keep my job.
    hmm, nice thread then.
    Old 03-28-2009, 01:29 AM   #20
    junior94
    not a unique snowflake

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Secret shoppers man. Secret shoppers.

You never know if that last second customer was hired by the owners to see if you're closing early.
    But no see that's what I'm saying, you're not closing early. Like I said in that extreme of a situation, where it's already almost a full hour after regular closing, the bartender is already obviously gone, and you've been brought the bill and you have the jerkweed nerve to order another round THEN, to where the waiter has to get you the drink via a somewhat unconventional method, that it's entirely reasonable for you to tell the customer that they won't be able to be served any further drinks by then.

Shit, any company that's gotta secret shoppers doing their work (I had to deal with that during a short part time stint at Suncoast, and I learned after the fact that I waited on one), if that company feels it's NOT reasonable take such a stance, that's just mind boggling to me.

Old 03-28-2009, 01:30 AM   #21
    ExistenceNow
    AM.org Moderator

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by RedSox41 View Post
    hmm, nice thread then.

huh?

I said "these are things that piss me off about people in restaurants", then I listed things that pissed me off in restaurants. Seems pretty straight forward. Just because I like my job doesn't mean there aren't things that piss me off. I can't imagine a job on the planet where the same thing can't be said.

Last edited by ExistenceNow; 03-28-2009 at 01:35 AM.
    Old 03-28-2009, 01:49 AM   #22
    rmp207

Shows Seen: 17

DMB Hub Stubs: 11

My Tour Central Stats

I have to agree with the coming in right before close. Or when the last table decides to hangout and talk for 45min after your closed. I have worked as a cook for about 6 years and could never understand people coming in late. Especially when you have the staff staring at you becuase they wanna leave.
    Old 03-28-2009, 04:32 AM   #23
    sarahjane13

DMB Hub Stubs: 3

My Tour Central Stats

I`m a chef and work in a restaurant that closes at 9pm,tonight 8 fucking assholes walked in at 8.55pm and they all ordered well done rumps which take about 25 mins to cook and i had just done my grill,cleaned out the dishwasher and we were about to hose the floors.
    My biggest pet hate is when a group of 20 random people just walk in without booking,and then complain when they have waited 30 minutes for their meal.

And by the way i love that movie Waiting.... it`s great.
    That without them, you feel like nothing
    No one will ever understand how much it hurts
    You feel hopeless; like nothing can save you
    And when it's over, and it's gone
    You almost wish that you could have all that bad stuff back
    So that you could have the good

Old 03-28-2009, 05:16 AM   #24
    peetee32

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 2

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by sarahjane13 View Post
    My biggest pet hate .

so much worse then a pet peeve...

mental note: my next dog is going to be named peeve. is that your dog? yes, its my pet, peeve.
    Old 03-28-2009, 05:22 AM   #25
    sarahjane13

DMB Hub Stubs: 3

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by peetee32 View Post

so much worse then a pet peeve...

mental note: my next dog is going to be named peeve. is that your dog? yes, its my pet, peeve.
    Thats the way i always say it,does it sound strange to youmaybe its an Aussie thing?
    That without them, you feel like nothing
    No one will ever understand how much it hurts
    You feel hopeless; like nothing can save you
    And when it's over, and it's gone
    You almost wish that you could have all that bad stuff back
    So that you could have the good

Old 03-28-2009, 05:39 AM   #26
    Flip36
    FIGHT OWEN FIGHT!

Shows Seen: 60

DMB Hub Stubs: 21

My Tour Central Stats

Whenever I've gone into a resturant before they were closing, I've always taken care of the server, they could easily not serve you, or atleast it's like that here.
    Stop comparing albums. Every album is different. Thats the point of making a new album, to create something new and different. To evolve. just sit back relax and go with the flow.
    [{46}] show's since [{'99}]!
    Old 03-28-2009, 05:47 AM   #27
    barefoot
    More coffee....

DMB Hub Stubs: 15

My Tour Central Stats

here are my observations from being in the buisness:

Closing time, well yea it sucks when people come in 5 minutes before, but dont do your closing work so early. I would try to get all the stuff that was easy to undo done in case someone came in. Just as the money you make is a huge perk, people coming in right before closing was a negative gotta take the good with the bad. It is a service industry.
    One of my biggest pet peeves from bartending was when people bitch about paying 5 bucks for a Corona. " I could buy a six pack at the store for that!" Yes you could dumb ass and I wish you would have. Look Einstien rent, lights, labor etc go into the prices.
    Another of my pet peeves, have your money ready when you order. Dont order 5 drinks and not have your form of payment out and ready, esp when its busy. Oh and when you do order that many drinks please dont think a fiver is going to cover it.
    Old 03-28-2009, 05:48 AM   #28
    hbktonyb
    6 time SetlistGameChamp

Shows Seen: 98

DMB Hub Stubs: 32

My Tour Central Stats

How many times have you seen people spit or doing something else disgusting w/ the food?

GORGE 08
    Old 03-28-2009, 05:55 AM   #29
    barefoot
    More coffee....

DMB Hub Stubs: 15

My Tour Central Stats

never, honestly I would never do that. There is a trust you cant break when people come in and eat.
    Old 03-28-2009, 06:19 AM   #30
    ji/\/\ithing
    Missing Roi... Always

Shows Seen: 50

DMB Hub Stubs: 22

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by bubba40 View Post
    Don't poop on the tables.

awesome first response.

the only of these "rules" i violate is talking on the phone. i don't do it in nice restaurants, but i'll take a call at Chili's. if there are TVs on, phones are acceptable imo.
    Closed Thread