Bizarre Unsolved Mysteries - Page 11 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion
Old 03-05-2015, 02:23 PM   #301
recentlyJTR41
Boognish

Shows Seen: 12

DMB Hub Stubs: 8

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Bizarre Unsolved Mysteries

It was smart of the parents and I always think you should get an attorney even if you're innocent and the media was all on "the parents did it" train but still it's a little odd. Their interviews on TV just don't sell me enough.

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 03-05-2015, 02:26 PM   #302
    thebridge15

Shows Seen: 20

My Tour Central Stats

even if you're 100%, completely innocent, you could still go to prison for life if you don't hire an attorney

that will be a tough one for the aliens to figure out.
    thebridge15 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-05-2015, 03:08 PM   #303
    Jake

Shows Seen: 61

DMB Hub Stubs: 19

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by recentlyJTR41 View Post
    These are all good points. It's make you think. I love it.

1. Do you think it was a 14-17 year old? If so, do you really think a 14 year old could write a ransom note like that? The note has some odd words in a teenager would probably not think of. Not to mention the notepad was Patsy's so the note was written in the house. Did the killer turn the lights on and write this down at the kitchen table or something?
    1a.
    "adequate size attaché to the bank"
    “you will also be denied her remains for proper burial.” “Use that good southern common sense of yours.” “the delivery will be exhausting, so I advise you to be rested.”

I've never heard a teenager talk like that before. The handwriting examiner's link I posted before mentions how the font is "The font-style printing is a feminine trait that was more common in the 80’s and 90’s than it is today" So not only it was a young person, it was a young girl?

The intruder theory has legs as does the Ramsey side, but the glaring obvious of this case is the ransom note imo. Had there not been a ransom note I would be all for it being an intruder.

2. Jake, do you believe it was a kidnapping gone wrong or a murder that was staged as a kidnapping? How would a teenager unable to drive be able kidnap a little girl and then be able to give instructions on John Ramsey to set up a place to exchange the ransom for the girl? Kidnappers would need help I would think.

1. absolutely. a 17 year old with a dumb name said this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7ymriMhoj0

that sounds like a 40 year old motivational speaker. It's awesome.

1a. I've know what an attache case is since I was 3. My dad had one. I though it was called an "aftershave case". Any affluent child living in the area knew what one was, because their dad had one.

2. see below
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DaveHead36 View Post
    To me the note reads like a cliche of any number of thriller movies all strung together.

Going with Jake's theory of a younger male: an intelligent, thriller movie-watcher, who was bored in suburbia ala Leopold and Loeb.

While the ransom note asking for $118,000 does seem fishy, it would depend on when Ramsey got the bonus or had knowledge of it. If he knew about it a month or so prior his wife could have bragged to one of her friends about the amount. Now if he didn't find out about it until a couple days prior then the evidence would point more strongly towards an inside job.

the stub was right on the kitchen table

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ExistenceNow View Post
    The whole "acted suspiciously for someone supposedly grieving" thing drives me crazy. Maybe they were distant toward each other because they conspired over their kid's murder, or maybe the sight of their spouse reminded them that the child they created together is dead and it hurt just to look at them. Who knows... you're not in their head.

Grief is such a ludicrous thing to try to analyze.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Lee3691 View Post
    Regarding Ramsey, I always thought the brother was involved, but that's pure speculation. What's very scary to me is I have a daughter almost that age, and knowing there are some sick, evil people out there, is frightening.
    her brother was way too young.

tru dat. And Lee will attest to these 2 things, that I'm sure Dre knows as well; kids are damn hard sleepers. That's why the Tooth Fairy has been undiscovered for 300 years.

There's an important piece of evidence that I do not understand. JonBenet told her playmates friend that Santa 'promised' to visit her after Xmas. But it was a secret. No one know when it was said to her and where - the "Santa" at her home Xmas party checked out clean. What did it mean? No one will ever know. Could just be a child's imagination. Could be something sinister.

disregarding the "Santa" lead, I think this is a scenario that is possible. Someone from "around the neighborhood" enters the Ramsey house on Xmas night. They are between the age of 14-26. They probably don't have an airtight plan, but they know they're going to tie JonBenet up, take some pictures, and jerk off.

Once inside the easily accessible house (there were 7 'opened' doors or windows the morning of the 26th), they find a check stub for $118,000. They hatch a plan on the spot, and write a 3-page note describing a kidnapping. (it should be noted that 7 pages were torn out and the other 4 were never found, they were from the middle of a pad in the kitchen). They wipe down the pen, and the pad, as they learned to do from watching movies. The person goes upstairs and grabs a Barbie Doll and a dress, and goes downstairs to the basement. They put those things in a small suitcase to make it look like a kidnapping. But all they're going to do is just take her downstairs and leave her there.

After everyone arrives, the person is hidden in the home already. Everyone is asleep by 1030 - the kids are asleep once they are home. Pretty soon after everyone is home, maybe 11, the person sneaks out of the closet, and takes JonBenet downstairs. On the way down the stairs, she's heavier than he thinks, b/c kids are. He carries her across his arms, and her hair gets tangled in the garland on the steps. At some point - maybe right there in the kitchen, he hits her over the head with a flashlight. Why? Because, in movies when you hit someone with a flashlight they get knocked out for a bit, and then come to later. He wipes the flashlight clean and leaves it where he found it.

in the basement, he does his thing, taping her mouth, tying her up, jerking off, snapping Polaroids. So he figures it's time to leave, and he likely realizes that movies lie, and JonBenet is dead. The knock on the head killed her.

He gets the hell out of the house via the basement, using the small suitcase he brought downstairs as a step ladder out the window. He's probably gone before 1am.

this ignores the Santa, the light on in the kitchen reported by people at midnight, and the pineapple found in JonBenet's stomach that her parents don't recall her eating, and there was pineapple left out on the counter when John Ramsey got up that morning. So it's not a THAT IS HOW IT HAPPENED, but it's plausible based on the evidence that it could have happened in that manner where the parents had nothing to do with it.
    Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-05-2015, 03:37 PM   #304
    Jake

My Tour Central Stats

One more thing... This was NOT a serial killer. BTK would have executed everybody in that house. It was an amateur.

That's crucial to solving the mystery
    Old 03-05-2015, 05:42 PM   #305
    recentlyJTR41
    Boognish

Shows Seen: 12

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    1. absolutely. a 17 year old with a dumb name said this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7ymriMhoj0

that sounds like a 40 year old motivational speaker. It's awesome.

1a. I've know what an attache case is since I was 3. My dad had one. I though it was called an "aftershave case". Any affluent child living in the area knew what one was, because their dad had one.

2. see below

the stub was right on the kitchen table

her brother was way too young.

tru dat. And Lee will attest to these 2 things, that I'm sure Dre knows as well; kids are damn hard sleepers. That's why the Tooth Fairy has been undiscovered for 300 years.

There's an important piece of evidence that I do not understand. JonBenet told her playmates friend that Santa 'promised' to visit her after Xmas. But it was a secret. No one know when it was said to her and where - the "Santa" at her home Xmas party checked out clean. What did it mean? No one will ever know. Could just be a child's imagination. Could be something sinister.

disregarding the "Santa" lead, I think this is a scenario that is possible. Someone from "around the neighborhood" enters the Ramsey house on Xmas night. They are between the age of 14-26. They probably don't have an airtight plan, but they know they're going to tie JonBenet up, take some pictures, and jerk off.

Once inside the easily accessible house (there were 7 'opened' doors or windows the morning of the 26th), they find a check stub for $118,000. They hatch a plan on the spot, and write a 3-page note describing a kidnapping. (it should be noted that 7 pages were torn out and the other 4 were never found, they were from the middle of a pad in the kitchen). They wipe down the pen, and the pad, as they learned to do from watching movies. The person goes upstairs and grabs a Barbie Doll and a dress, and goes downstairs to the basement. They put those things in a small suitcase to make it look like a kidnapping. But all they're going to do is just take her downstairs and leave her there.

After everyone arrives, the person is hidden in the home already. Everyone is asleep by 1030 - the kids are asleep once they are home. Pretty soon after everyone is home, maybe 11, the person sneaks out of the closet, and takes JonBenet downstairs. On the way down the stairs, she's heavier than he thinks, b/c kids are. He carries her across his arms, and her hair gets tangled in the garland on the steps. At some point - maybe right there in the kitchen, he hits her over the head with a flashlight. Why? Because, in movies when you hit someone with a flashlight they get knocked out for a bit, and then come to later. He wipes the flashlight clean and leaves it where he found it.

in the basement, he does his thing, taping her mouth, tying her up, jerking off, snapping Polaroids. So he figures it's time to leave, and he likely realizes that movies lie, and JonBenet is dead. The knock on the head killed her.

He gets the hell out of the house via the basement, using the small suitcase he brought downstairs as a step ladder out the window. He's probably gone before 1am.

this ignores the Santa, the light on in the kitchen reported by people at midnight, and the pineapple found in JonBenet's stomach that her parents don't recall her eating, and there was pineapple left out on the counter when John Ramsey got up that morning. So it's not a THAT IS HOW IT HAPPENED, but it's plausible based on the evidence that it could have happened in that manner where the parents had nothing to do with it.
    I'm fired up now. I love this shit!

Even if you had a 17 year old with an extended vocabulary, there's no way he could be calm enough to be thinking clearly if he's sitting in someones kitchen alone as you said it not knowing when the family would be home. What if he was writing it and he hears the door? How would he know where to hide where they wouldn't find him and where he wouldn't make a peep? Sounds silly to hide in the house beforehand if he was planning on kidnapping her. The chances of getting caught would rise drastically.

Ok, do you have a link about "Santa coming after Christmas" I've never heard that it sounds interesting?

Ex-chief of police says the strangulation actually did kill her and not the kock on the head "The blow knocked her into deep unconsciousness, which could have led someone to believe she was dead. The strangulation came 45 minutes to two hours after the head strike, based on the swelling on the brain. While the head wound would have eventually killed her, the strangulation actually did kill her." http://extras.denverpost.com/jonbenetAMA.html

It has been confirmed that the scene was contaminated immensely, how do we not know those doors were open by someone at the house after the fact? People were coming in and out all morning.

Do you think she was hit on the head in her room or the hallway? Depending on the flashlight that would make a mighty loud thud.

So you think the killer wrote the note before the fact? And what do you think about the similarities between the handwriting of the killer and Patsy. Like i linked earlier, the style is that of females in the 80's and 90's. It also becomes much more natural at the end, as if the writer was in a hurry.

Another point I've read is that, if the motive was purely sexual, then why stage a kidnapping? Even if the killer thought she was dead then choked her to make absolutely sure. Why stage a kidnap? They were going to find her anyway since she never left the house. They would search every room no matter what. The FBI never believed this was a kidnapping.

What do you think about the other voices on the 911 call that morning? Male: "We're not speaking to you!" Female: "Help me Jesus. Help me Jesus." Young Male: "Well, what did you find?"
    Old 03-05-2015, 08:51 PM   #306
    justink

Shows Seen: 51

DMB Hub Stubs: 16

My Tour Central Stats

that's it. jake convinced me. he found the killer.
    justink is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-06-2015, 12:53 AM   #307
    dvalukis
    Em7Sus4

Shows Seen: 23

DMB Hub Stubs: 6

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I'm fired up now. I love this shit!...
    I just fell down the rabbit hole for a few hours myself.

Just my 2 cents:
    Linda Arndt, Boulder PD
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y52_gRlI4Ho
    and
    Some type of actual testimony from Arndt (About half-way down)
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ndt-know/page2

This lady is definitely emotionally charged, unprofessional (with regard to her personal relationship with Patsy Ramsey), and biased to some degree because of her background specialty being sexual assault cases (Meaning, to her, John Ramsey is most likely guilty by default). Not to mention, she did a poor job of handling the 'crime scene' and was thrown under the bus by her own department for it.

That being said, I believe her, B. I dunno why. I just do. She's the classic detective from a movie that knows the truth, but can't prove or prosecute it.

At the very least, one of the Ramsey's knew there was a dead body in their basement before police showed up. If it WAS an intruder, is it out of the realm of possibility that "justice was dealt" to the suspect before the police were called? Idk, someone's covering for someone. If I think in those terms it all seems to make more sense.

dvalukis is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-06-2015, 04:28 AM   #308
    Jake

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I'm fired up now. I love this shit!

Even if you had a 17 year old with an extended vocabulary, there's no way he could be calm enough to be thinking clearly if he's sitting in someones kitchen alone as you said it not knowing when the family would be home. What if he was writing it and he hears the door? How would he know where to hide where they wouldn't find him and where he wouldn't make a peep? Sounds silly to hide in the house beforehand if he was planning on kidnapping her. The chances of getting caught would rise drastically.

Ok, do you have a link about "Santa coming after Christmas" I've never heard that it sounds interesting?

Ex-chief of police says the strangulation actually did kill her and not the kock on the head "The blow knocked her into deep unconsciousness, which could have led someone to believe she was dead. The strangulation came 45 minutes to two hours after the head strike, based on the swelling on the brain. While the head wound would have eventually killed her, the strangulation actually did kill her." http://extras.denverpost.com/jonbenetAMA.html

It has been confirmed that the scene was contaminated immensely, how do we not know those doors were open by someone at the house after the fact? People were coming in and out all morning.

Do you think she was hit on the head in her room or the hallway? Depending on the flashlight that would make a mighty loud thud.

So you think the killer wrote the note before the fact? And what do you think about the similarities between the handwriting of the killer and Patsy. Like i linked earlier, the style is that of females in the 80's and 90's. It also becomes much more natural at the end, as if the writer was in a hurry.

Another point I've read is that, if the motive was purely sexual, then why stage a kidnapping? Even if the killer thought she was dead then choked her to make absolutely sure. Why stage a kidnap? They were going to find her anyway since she never left the house. They would search every room no matter what. The FBI never believed this was a kidnapping.

What do you think about the other voices on the 911 call that morning? Male: "We're not speaking to you!" Female: "Help me Jesus. Help me Jesus." Young Male: "Well, what did you find?"

http://jonbenetramsey.pbworks.com/w/...ors%20Reported

Quote:
    On December 25, 1996, while playing at the home of a neighborhood friend, JonBenet told her friend's mother that "Santa Claus" was going to pay her a "special" visit after Christmas and that it was a secret. (SMF P 124; PSMF P 124.) The person who may have said this to JonBenet has never been identified.

that's what I was referring to, but there's other Santa theories... here's a few.

http://www.cnn.com/CNN/Programs/ande...-jonbenet.html

I keep going back to the killer sex game theory and thinking of BTK. BTK killed everyone in the house, and was about to kill everyone twice more when he was interrupted. The crime to me smells like a younger person (14-26) who was infatuated with JBR. To me the blow to the head stands out, along with the movie references. I just don't think the killer knew that hitting someone in the head killed them. That's wild speculation, but it's always bugged me.
    Old 03-06-2015, 07:33 AM   #309
    dre2142
    Get it done

Shows Seen: 52

DMB Hub Stubs: 21

My Tour Central Stats

jake cracked the case
    dre2142 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-06-2015, 08:34 AM   #310
    Jake

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dre2142 View Post
    jake cracked the case
    Nowhere close. I just think there's more proof of it not being the Ramsey's - John & Patsy. No clue who did it or why.
    Old 03-17-2015, 10:39 AM   #311
    Jake

My Tour Central Stats

http://listverse.com/2015/03/17/10-t...he-btk-killer/

In case anyone wants a refresher course on BTK.
    Old 03-17-2015, 04:22 PM   #312
    TwoStep2888
    Freak Time

Shows Seen: 7

My Tour Central Stats

good read
    Old 03-18-2015, 07:08 PM   #313
    TablesTurnAgain

Shows Seen: 9

My Tour Central Stats

I watched his courtroom video describing all his murders. Absolutely insane, and honestly I kept getting reminded of Walter White. Like pre-Heisenberg WW.

But seriously strange watching someone describe such things.
    TablesTurnAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-18-2015, 08:17 PM   #314
    JimSweetWorld
    Waiting For Next Year

DMB Hub Stubs: 2

My Tour Central Stats

One of the main suspects in the odd disappearance of Zeb Quinn in 2000 was just arrested and charged with the murder of a Food Channel reality star, her husband, and their unborn son.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disapp..._of_Zebb_Quinn

http://www.citizen-times.com/story/n...rder/24888031/
    JimSweetWorld is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-19-2015, 07:47 AM   #315
    justink

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    http://listverse.com/2015/03/17/10-t...he-btk-killer/

In case anyone wants a refresher course on BTK.
    how much does listverse pay for those "10 things click bait" type articles? $200?
    Old 03-20-2015, 05:21 PM   #316
    JRS1386
    Heeeeeeeere's Gritty

Shows Seen: 6

DMB Hub Stubs: 4

My Tour Central Stats

http://xkcd.com/1501/

https://antsmarching.org/forum/showp...stcount=126148
    JRS1386 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-20-2015, 06:48 PM   #317
    rconverse

Shows Seen: 25

DMB Hub Stubs: 14

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Lee3691 View Post
    You've clearly never watched Ocean's 11 or 13.
    No love for 12?
    rconverse is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-20-2015, 06:57 PM   #318
    TwoStep2888
    Freak Time

My Tour Central Stats

12 is a mess.
    Old 03-20-2015, 07:03 PM   #319
    rconverse

Shows Seen: 25

DMB Hub Stubs: 14

My Tour Central Stats

True. I still like the beginning though.
    rconverse is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-20-2015, 09:10 PM   #320
    Jake

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by justink View Post
    how much does listverse pay for those "10 things click bait" type articles? $200?
    Clickbait is "A woman came home from work early, and you won't believe what happened next!" Buzzfeed is clickbait. You can call Listverse what you'd like but clickbait isn't one of em. The titles are 100% what the 10 items are about and if you don't want to read it you don't have to click on it.

Not surprised you don't know the damn difference.
    Old 03-20-2015, 10:43 PM   #321
    jwehaeDMB
    Juice

Shows Seen: 76

DMB Hub Stubs: 23

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by JimSweetWorld View Post
    One of the main suspects in the odd disappearance of Zeb Quinn in 2000 was just arrested and charged with the murder of a Food Channel reality star, her husband, and their unborn son.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disapp..._of_Zebb_Quinn

http://www.citizen-times.com/story/n...rder/24888031/
    that guy does not look 34 years old in that video w/ the lawyer. what a haggard POS
    Atlanta 2006, my wife and I enjoyed a great show. I drank moderately and had a bite to eat before leaving. Upon our arrival home we had intercourse in the missionary position for the sole purpose of procreation. A child was concieved and is now the light of our lives.
    jwehaeDMB is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-21-2015, 12:52 AM   #322
    justink

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Clickbait is "A woman came home from work early, and you won't believe what happened next!" Buzzfeed is clickbait. You can call Listverse what you'd like but clickbait isn't one of em. The titles are 100% what the 10 items are about and if you don't want to read it you don't have to click on it.

Not surprised you don't know the damn difference.
    ok. so... what's it pay? $200? because i can lift some shit from reddit and make some damn good clickbait.

that's where buzzfeed and the like get their material anway. don't hate the playa, hate the game.
    Old 03-21-2015, 04:09 AM   #323
    JRS1386
    Heeeeeeeere's Gritty

Shows Seen: 6

DMB Hub Stubs: 4

My Tour Central Stats

Reddit

https://antsmarching.org/forum/showp...stcount=126148
    JRS1386 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-21-2015, 05:40 AM   #324
    Jake

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    ok. so... what's it pay? $200? because i can lift some shit from reddit and make some damn good clickbait.

that's where buzzfeed and the like get their material anway. don't hate the playa, hate the game.
    go write for Buzzfeed then. Or Yahoo. they do clickbait.

but I'd guess you'd have trouble composing something because you don't know the difference between clickbait & topic orientated traffic.
    Old 03-21-2015, 06:47 AM   #325
    justink

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    go write for Buzzfeed then. Or Yahoo. they do clickbait.

but I'd guess you'd have trouble composing something because you don't know the difference between clickbait & topic orientated traffic.
    yeah... any "click here to read more" type article is obviously clickbait. that doesn't mean it can't be entertaining. nice articles.

http://writertown.com/listverse-revi...paid-to-write/

Quote:
    Types of Accepted Articles:
    Listverse doesn’t look for articles that are commonly found elsewhere on the internet; your titles should actually stand out in a bizarre, intriguing way.

To ensure that all topics are interesting, Listverse.com loves to explore “weird” subjects or facts that almost nobody knows.

They embrace the unusual and anything that could make you scratch your head. These guys are also big on contradicting widely-believed theories and anything out of the ordinary in general, such as the “being rich” example given above.

The purpose of these subjects is obvious: To get you to discuss and share the article with your friends. The more twisted a subject happens to be, the more “click bait” it naturally becomes – making you want to click and read it.

Thankfully they do a fantastic job at enforcing this rule, and this is what makes the website so successful for writers to publish articles online.

Let’s take a look at some actual lists that are currently published to give you a better idea:

10 Weirdest Facts About the Transformers
    10 Incredibly Offensive Expressions from All Over the World
    10 Disgusting Materials Used for Great Innovations

As you can see, the key is to grab an ordinary subject and make it unique and curious.

Last edited by justink; 03-21-2015 at 06:50 AM.
    Old 03-21-2015, 07:12 AM   #326
    TablesTurnAgain

Shows Seen: 9

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by JRS1386 View Post
    This is hilarious. Love the placement of MH370
    TablesTurnAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-21-2015, 10:11 AM   #327
    Jake

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    yeah... any "click here to read more" type article is obviously clickbait. that doesn't mean it can't be entertaining. nice articles.

http://writertown.com/listverse-revi...paid-to-write/

Those rules are old. Better question is, why you fucking with me? of all the people on this site you want to fuck w me?

You need to learn to pick your battles hoss.
    Old 03-21-2015, 10:28 AM   #328
    cruscott35

DMB Hub Stubs: 27

My Tour Central Stats

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZR_X6PrASho
    cruscott35 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 03-23-2015, 04:25 AM   #329
    dre2142
    Get it done

Shows Seen: 52

DMB Hub Stubs: 21

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Those rules are old. Better question is, why you fucking with me? of all the people on this site you want to fuck w me?

You need to learn to pick your battles hoss.
    do it jake....
    dre2142 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-13-2015, 05:57 PM   #330
    DMBstandUP1984
    Seemingly Ranch

Shows Seen: 34

DMB Hub Stubs: 12

My Tour Central Stats

http://thehorrortree.blogspot.com/20...f-silence.html

the fuck
    DMBstandUP1984 is offline   Reply With Quote