Fantasy Football 2014: Talk, Advice, & Start 'em, Sit 'em - Page 3 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion > General Discussion > nDMBc Discussion > The Tailgate

Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

Old 06-27-2014, 02:10 PM   #61
Cscottrun

Shows Seen: 99

DMB Hub Stubs: 26

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Fantasy Football 2014: Talk, Advice, & Start 'em, Sit 'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittensXLI View Post
When he drafts at the local watering hole, nah I doubt it.
No way you could have known to pick up Zac Stacy simply by watching the games and counting touches.
Cscottrun is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 06-27-2014, 02:20 PM   #62
    keithcoldroses

Shows Seen: 37

DMB Hub Stubs: 13

My Tour Central Stats

You could have won without picking up Zac Stacy.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by LadyMadonna68 View Post
    the riff is garbage. they sound like the transiberian orchestra and dave sounds like he's crying.
    keithcoldroses is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-28-2014, 07:31 AM   #63
    aicdmb
    Unreal

Shows Seen: 15

DMB Hub Stubs: 6

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cscottrun View Post
    No disrespect. You must not be in very competitive leagues if you think all you need to do is watch the games and see who gets the targets and touches.
    If you watch most games, and pay attention to waivers, it should be all you need. No need to pay people for advice....Kittenz dont tell me you dont agree with this. I would say my leagues are competitive. Theyre not $1000 bux a team or anything, but theyre all for pretty good loot, except the Thread league

Quote:
    When he drafts at the local watering hole, nah I doubt it.
    So, drafting a team while having a party at a bar makes it non compeitive?? Cmon Kits
    aicdmb is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-28-2014, 07:48 AM   #64
    Cscottrun

Shows Seen: 99

DMB Hub Stubs: 26

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by aicdmb View Post
    If you watch most games, and pay attention to waivers, it should be all you need. No need to pay people for advice....Kittenz dont tell me you dont agree with this. I would say my leagues are competitive. Theyre not $1000 bux a team or anything, but theyre all for pretty good loot, except the Thread league

So, drafting a team while having a party at a bar makes it non compeitive?? Cmon Kits
    My point wasn't that it's necessary, rather that it can be helpful. Yes, you can click on the little info tabs on the players and get up-to-date info from yahoo, nfl or rotoworld and they do it for free. Combine that with watching the games and you'll be fine. My thought process is using the subscription sites to get that info before it is posted on yahoo, nfl or rotoworld.
    Cscottrun is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 06-28-2014, 08:19 AM   #65
    aicdmb
    Unreal

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cscottrun View Post
    My point wasn't that it's necessary, rather that it can be helpful. Yes, you can click on the little info tabs on the players and get up-to-date info from yahoo, nfl or rotoworld and they do it for free. Combine that with watching the games and you'll be fine. My thought process is using the subscription sites to get that info before it is posted on yahoo, nfl or rotoworld.
    Just send kittenz your money...he knows all
    Old 07-15-2014, 03:23 PM   #66
    jmkratt
    You want heavy?

Shows Seen: 41

DMB Hub Stubs: 19

My Tour Central Stats

You guys use any customizable cheat sheets? In years passed I've created my own in Excel with PLayer Name, Position, Team, Bye, ADP, and any comments I have for that player. It takes forever though and I wonder if there is another option that might do it automatically or something.

I know it's early but we just scheduled my big league's draft and I have to start examining my team to identify keepers.
    Old 07-16-2014, 09:12 AM   #67
    Nvetta

Shows Seen: 13

DMB Hub Stubs: 10

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jmkratt View Post
    You guys use any customizable cheat sheets? In years passed I've created my own in Excel with PLayer Name, Position, Team, Bye, ADP, and any comments I have for that player. It takes forever though and I wonder if there is another option that might do it automatically or something.

I know it's early but we just scheduled my big league's draft and I have to start examining my team to identify keepers.
    I usually take one of the preranked excel sheets from one of the pay sites and then rerank. check a site like 4for4, they might have some free excel rankings sheets to get you started.

I did a couple mocks yesterday. Mostly from the 7 slot since that's my pick in the big work league. Graham was there everytime. It's tough to pass on him, but I liked the teams without him more than the teams with him. Looks like I'll probably aim towards guys like Olsen, Reed, Pitta, Bennett and other guys from that tier and stream. I like starting out strong with a pair of top wrs. Dez and Jordy may be my targets.
    Nvetta is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-21-2014, 05:01 AM   #68
    Foreverford05
    Let's go O's!

Shows Seen: 36

DMB Hub Stubs: 15

My Tour Central Stats

I think I can get Julio Jones and Ray Rice in late rounds this year (given Rice's suspension) I really hope people overlook JJ, he was a boss for me before he got hurt.
    Foreverford05 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-21-2014, 07:35 AM   #69
    Nvetta

My Tour Central Stats

Rice has dropped. But Julio is still an early 2nd rounder. Actually I just read this this morning.

The Falcons are counting on a cutting-edge medical procedure — a stem cell technique — to help heal wide receiver Julio Jones’ right foot and the rest of the league’s medical community is closely watching.

Despite having a second and bigger screw inserted into the fifth metatarsal of his right foot, Jones believes that he can continue his mercurial climb to elite status in the NFL in 2014. He reports for training camp Thursday with the veterans and may be available when the team takes the field for its first practice Friday.

“This break should heal with the treatment that they gave,” said Dr. Phillip Kwong, a foot and ankle surgeon at Kerlan-Jobe Orthopaedic Clinic in Los Angeles. “It’s still tied to other factors involved in why it broke again. Sometimes, it maybe the way his foot structure is made. Like for instance, some people … tend to put more pressure out there on that fifth metatarsal rather than evenly across the foot.

“Sometimes the load goes more to one area. The fact that he has broken this twice, would suggest that there is something in his structure that puts more of a load on that fifth metatarsal.”

Medically, the fifth metatarsal is a problematic bone for doctors.

Jones was on pace for 131-1856-6.4 prior to his foot injury in Week 5. He has the potential to be the most productive receiver in the league, but the foot injury is a bit concerning, especially since it’s a broken bone in the same location as his pre-Draft injury. If he plays a full season, he’ll very likely finish in the top 5. He's a risky pick, however.
    Old 07-21-2014, 08:34 AM   #70
    dmbredsox36
    'celebrate we will'

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 1

My Tour Central Stats

Ugh...tough call with him, especially after reading that summary. Started updating my own draft depth chart last week, can't wait to get things rolling.

Going off of my success last year, and depending on where I draft, probably will try to go RB-RB to start, wait awhile on a QB, load up on RBs/WRs. Only catch is if I can snag Graham early on. Also feel good about Gronk this season and he'll slip down, but that's probably more wishful thinking as a Patriots fan then anything.
    dmbredsox36 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-22-2014, 08:09 AM   #71
    The-Last-Stop

Shows Seen: 32

DMB Hub Stubs: 14

My Tour Central Stats

I need some help picking a keeper in a 12-team non-ppr league. The draft pick I lose for keeping them is in parenthesis:

Jamaal Charles (round 1, pick 9)
    or
    Giovani Bernard (round 7)

You can keep a player as long as you want but the draft cost gets one round more expensive each year.

Thanks!

"Sweet sugar lips, push from the hips, woman looks just like love, Without a care, she floats above, She's got me down here looking up."~DJM
    The-Last-Stop is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-22-2014, 11:52 AM   #72
    Nvetta

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by The-Last-Stop View Post
    I need some help picking a keeper in a 12-team non-ppr league. The draft pick I lose for keeping them is in parenthesis:

Jamaal Charles (round 1, pick 9)
    or
    Giovani Bernard (round 7)

You can keep a player as long as you want but the draft cost gets one round more expensive each year.

Thanks!
    everyone only keeps 1 guy? and I take it that if you don't keep Charles that you'd have pick 9?

if there is a good chance that most people ahead of you will forfeit their 1st round pick and you'd end up with a top value guy then I'd go with the great value in Bernard. But if you have no chance to get a 1st round value guy with the 9th pick, then I'd probably keep Charles. Getting him with pick 9 is great anyway. You can maybe draft Bernard at the turn if you really want him back. Bernard will be good and that is great value, but I don't think he will be able to carry your team like Charles would.
    Old 07-22-2014, 01:21 PM   #73
    kittensXLI
    Save_Us.Y2J

Shows Seen: 6

DMB Hub Stubs: 5

My Tour Central Stats

After a lot of offseason movement and changes in the league of which I play, now currently drafting 6th out of 12.
    It's still a 16-round, snake-style draft, with roster spots consisting of QB, 3 WR, 2 RB, TE, WR/RB/TE flex, K, DEF, and 6 BN,
    and standard scoring (25 pass yd = 1 pt, pass td = 4, pass int = -1, 10 rush/rec yd = 1, rush/rec td = 6, fumble lost = -2, return td = 6, NON-PPR).

Was decided on Calvin Johnson at #6 overall. Thoughts?
    kittensXLI is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-22-2014, 04:07 PM   #74
    Nvetta

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    After a lot of offseason movement and changes in the league of which I play, now currently drafting 6th out of 12.
    It's still a 16-round, snake-style draft, with roster spots consisting of QB, 3 WR, 2 RB, TE, WR/RB/TE flex, K, DEF, and 6 BN,
    and standard scoring (25 pass yd = 1 pt, pass td = 4, pass int = -1, 10 rush/rec yd = 1, rush/rec td = 6, fumble lost = -2, return td = 6, NON-PPR).

ppr or non-ppr, I think Calvin is a great pick at that spot. I know Lacy and Ball are projected to be solid 1st round picks, but I'd rather take a top wr after the first 4 rbs are off the board.
    Old 07-23-2014, 05:13 PM   #75
    aicdmb
    Unreal

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

Id have 0 problems taking Calvin here
    No way would I touch Lacy in 1st rd
    Old 07-24-2014, 09:11 AM   #76
    keithcoldroses

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Id have 0 problems taking Calvin here
    No way would I touch Lacy in 1st rd
    Why not on Lacy? I'm huge on him this year.
    Quote:
    the riff is garbage. they sound like the transiberian orchestra and dave sounds like he's crying.
    Old 07-24-2014, 10:11 AM   #77
    hailtopitt
    Gimme that spatula!!!!!

Shows Seen: 44

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by keithcoldroses View Post
    Why not on Lacy? I'm huge on him this year.
    i think lacy will be better this year too, but no way i take him first round unless i'm maybe one of the last 2 picks in round 1
    hailtopitt is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-24-2014, 11:51 AM   #78
    Nvetta

My Tour Central Stats

I'm not so sure Lacy will be better this year. He's not on my round 1 radar. Last year the Packers had injuries at rb, then the Rodgers injury. Lacy pretty much had to carry the offense. The guy plays so hard, fighting for every yard. Injury potential is kind of high. I'm just not comfortable using a high pick on him. Being a Packers fan I love the guy, but I'd rather grab a top wr in the 2nd half of the 1st. Maybe I'll get on the wagon next year.

Ray Rice only suspended for 2 games. His current adp is round 6. Where would you take him now?
    Old 07-24-2014, 11:53 AM   #79
    keithcoldroses

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by hailtopitt View Post
    i think lacy will be better this year too, but no way i take him first round unless i'm maybe one of the last 2 picks in round 1
    Can't name 5 RBs I'd rather have.
    Quote:
    Old 07-24-2014, 11:55 AM   #80
    keithcoldroses

My Tour Central Stats

AP, McCoy, Forte, Charles I think would probably be it
    Quote:
    Old 07-24-2014, 02:02 PM   #81
    jordanbball17
    Black lives matter

Shows Seen: 54

My Tour Central Stats

I have nothing to contribute cause I've just started researching...just wanted to say I want to be in the Ants league this year, and I think I also want to try a pay league this year. So if someone has a good league that I can be in, that would be great. I'm a girl and I don't suck
    Old 07-27-2014, 08:17 AM   #82
    aicdmb
    Unreal

My Tour Central Stats

We are officially within a month from drafting in most leagues
    Time to heat this thread up
    What we thinking for 1st 5 picks coming off the board???
    Standard scoring

Edit : where the hell is Keyz
    Old 07-27-2014, 09:34 PM   #83
    kittensXLI
    Save_Us.Y2J

My Tour Central Stats

Who gives a shit.
    Old 07-27-2014, 09:35 PM   #84
    kittensXLI
    Save_Us.Y2J

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jordanbball17 View Post
    I have nothing to contribute cause I've just started researching...just wanted to say I want to be in the Ants league this year, and I think I also want to try a pay league this year. So if someone has a good league that I can be in, that would be great. I'm a girl and I don't suck
    If you had the #6th overall pick, rank your top 3 preferred player choices please.
    Old 07-27-2014, 09:36 PM   #85
    Lee3691

Shows Seen: 129

DMB Hub Stubs: 30

My Tour Central Stats

Just found out that my league is expanding to 16 teams. That makes backup QB a much more valuable bench piece. Hopefully roster can be expanded by 1 too.
    Lee3691 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-28-2014, 12:46 AM   #86
    jordanbball17
    Black lives matter

Shows Seen: 54

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    If you had the #6th overall pick, rank your top 3 preferred player choices please.
    1. Calvin Johnson
    2. Marshawn Lynch
    3. Eddie Lacy
    Old 07-28-2014, 05:00 AM   #87
    CrushMe35

Shows Seen: 53

DMB Hub Stubs: 20

My Tour Central Stats

Hey everyone, I've got a few fantasy questions and i'm looking for some advice.

I have been playing in a 12-team, NON-ppr, Yahoo default league for the past few years. All scoring default, rosters (I think) are default as well: QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 W/R/T, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DEF, 5 BN. Overall I've done well, and I have become used to what works best in the draft for me, based on those settings.

This year I will be in a second league with much different settings: QB is scored 6pt/pass TD and 1pt/15 pass yards. 10-team, NON-ppr. All other scoring is default. Rosters are different as well: QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 W/R, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DEF, 6 BN.

Using a 300yd/3TD game as a quick example, the difference in QB scoring from default settings to our custom league would be 38 points vs 24 points.

I guess my main question is: how much does this change the thought of "waiting on a QB (which has been my stategy)?" And what else should I take into consideration when drafting in this custom scoring league? Any advice at all help!

- Thanks
    Old 07-28-2014, 05:20 AM   #88
    Keyz
    1 owdah frin fry!!!!

Shows Seen: 40

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    We are officially within a month from drafting in most leagues
    Time to heat this thread up
    What we thinking for 1st 5 picks coming off the board???
    Standard scoring

Edit : where the hell is Keyz
    hey man!!!
    i'm about to dive into some mocks starting today for the rest of the month.
    Keyz is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-28-2014, 05:55 AM   #89
    Foreverford05
    Let's go O's!

Shows Seen: 36

DMB Hub Stubs: 15

My Tour Central Stats

I am a JJ fanboy, if I can get him in the 2nd i'll take him.

Questions involving top 2nd tier recievers: should they both fall to you, who are you taking, Julio Jones or Dez Bryant?
    Foreverford05 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-28-2014, 05:56 AM   #90
    Keyz
    1 owdah frin fry!!!!

Shows Seen: 40

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

since when has Dez become 2nd Tier?
    there are even less sure-fire RBs this year than last year.
    i see Dez going first round for the majority of 12-team leagues.
    Keyz is offline   Reply With Quote