***Official PELHAM 2016*** - Page 12 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion
Old 05-25-2016, 07:23 AM   #331
dontdrink36
not nice or reliable

Shows Seen: 53

DMB Hub Stubs: 25

My Tour Central Stats

Re: ***Official PELHAM 2016***

Quote:
Originally Posted by schwaca View Post
I'm interested to see what the other encore options were
The printed encore was

Jane
YMDT

Bob Law was in the main set and got cut so they replaced Jane with it in the encore.

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 05-25-2016, 07:25 AM   #332
    Hahninator
    Dreaming Tree

Shows Seen: 71

DMB Hub Stubs: 18

My Tour Central Stats

Yeah exactly. The printed setlist was the same except Bob Law was before SMTS and Ants, but they skipped it and put it in E1. E1 was Jane, E2 was YMDT. Fine with me, I've seen Jane.

My goal when I see DMB is to see songs I haven't seen before and to end up with a well-rounded performance. I had the best seats last night I've ever had last night and I absolutely loved the setlist. YMDT closing absolutely blows Grey Street away for me. I saw 6 (!) songs I haven't seen before, including Break Free which I can't believe they played. Stay Or Leave > Warehouse was A+. Lots of great stuff....zero complaints from me on the set and show. Seven and a revamped Jimi over BBN and Shake Me all day, sure.

Now for Charlotte and Atlanta for some different songs!
    Hahninator is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-25-2016, 07:40 AM   #333
    dontdrink36
    not nice or reliable

Shows Seen: 53

DMB Hub Stubs: 25

My Tour Central Stats

I thought last night was pretty good, especially the first half. Bismarck is on it's way to being a classic. It's a great song and a will be a really cool opener once everyone knows the song. I was in the 3rd row of 101 and no one had any idea what was happening other than me.
    Other highlights were 41, Warehouse, Break Free, Crush, Granny, DDTW, Death, SMTS, Ants, and YMDT.

It certainly wasn't my best show or the best of the tour but it had a good vibe and plenty of highlights. The low spots weren't too bad, all in all a great night.

We will do premium here every time they play this venue! Having a designated spot that close to the stage is incredible!
    Old 05-25-2016, 08:29 AM   #334
    dtv001
    NO MORE CORNBREAD!!

Shows Seen: 18

DMB Hub Stubs: 8

My Tour Central Stats

Great energy. I thought they sounded great. Thought we would get 2 step, but break free was a pleasant surprise. Dohs was a bit odd placement to break up a high energy run, but you gotta cool off sometime in the humid weather in alabama. The band sounds great 25 years in.
    dtv001 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-25-2016, 10:55 AM   #335
    twostepr41

Shows Seen: 32

DMB Hub Stubs: 13

My Tour Central Stats

I've never sat down so much at a show. The start was decent. Bismark was a weird opener though. But then hit the stretch of DOTHS (meh), Seven (a little better), Jimi (played out and has that ridiculous MF outro), then Gravedigger (meh) I knew it would take a miracle to pull a home run out of this show.SMTS-->Ants was decent, especially the end of Ants. Then the piano was back out for E1 and when the first chords to YMDT made it to my ears, I was headed to the car. 1st time I have EVER walked out on an encore in 30 shows. Anything, literally, would have been a better encore. This show clunked down towards the bottom of my list right next to 7.20.05 in Nashville.
    twostepr41 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-25-2016, 11:11 AM   #336
    TheStone91

Shows Seen: 28

DMB Hub Stubs: 14

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by twostepr41 View Post
    I've never sat down so much at a show. The start was decent. Bismark was a weird opener though. But then hit the stretch of DOTHS (meh), Seven (a little better), Jimi (played out and has that ridiculous MF outro), then Gravedigger (meh) I knew it would take a miracle to pull a home run out of this show.SMTS-->Ants was decent, especially the end of Ants. Then the piano was back out for E1 and when the first chords to YMDT made it to my ears, I was headed to the car. 1st time I have EVER walked out on an encore in 30 shows. Anything, literally, would have been a better encore. This show clunked down towards the bottom of my list right next to 7.20.05 in Nashville.

They could've played Shake Me instead of Die Trying...but yeah, the show doesn't look like anything special on paper.
    TheStone91 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-25-2016, 01:46 PM   #337
    davem#36

Shows Seen: 78

DMB Hub Stubs: 21

My Tour Central Stats

Well damn a lot of different reviews. For a 45th show I loved it. 41, break free, warehouse, crush, ants. Dave was in a great mood. Such a blast for $40 And I'm huge YMDT fan. Easily my favorite off stand up and I thought it was fine to close the show it is very powerful.

What an amazing 20 years.
    ‘24 ALPHA/ALPINE

Last edited by davem#36; 05-25-2016 at 01:48 PM.
    davem#36 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-25-2016, 01:49 PM   #338
    davem#36

Shows Seen: 78

DMB Hub Stubs: 21

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    No one liked stand up when it came out so of course most shows that tour were shit.

What an amazing 20 years.
    ‘24 ALPHA/ALPINE
    davem#36 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-25-2016, 04:35 PM   #339
    pearljammer

Shows Seen: 29

DMB Hub Stubs: 10

My Tour Central Stats

The band was ON last night! Excellent show!
    pearljammer is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-25-2016, 08:08 PM   #340
    Hahninator
    Dreaming Tree

My Tour Central Stats

Playing the waiting game for the recording
    Old 05-25-2016, 09:58 PM   #341
    Hahninator
    Dreaming Tree

My Tour Central Stats

Tape is up! http://dreamingtree.org/torrents.php?id=1223 Thanks Dean!
    Old 05-26-2016, 09:27 AM   #342
    laststopdmb

Shows Seen: 100

DMB Hub Stubs: 28

My Tour Central Stats

I can't believe this show got a negative review. This is my favorite venue to see DMB now. I will never miss a show here. Every show here since 2001 has been epic to me. On paper, the set does absolutely nothing for me. Being here was one of the best shows I have seen energy wise, crowd wise and performance. The band was just on fire. They were having a blast and the crowd was just epic. Everyone around me knew the new songs it was one big dance party almost the whole show. Bathroom break songs were strategically placed in the set as well. Thanks DMB! Seriously, they can close every show with YMDT. It is by far my favorite song they playing right now as well.
    Old 05-26-2016, 10:08 AM   #343
    twostepr41

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by laststopdmb View Post
    I can't believe this show got a negative review. This is my favorite venue to see DMB now. I will never miss a show here. Every show here since 2001 has been epic to me. On paper, the set does absolutely nothing for me. Being here was one of the best shows I have seen energy wise, crowd wise and performance. The band was just on fire. They were having a blast and the crowd was just epic. Everyone around me knew the new songs it was one big dance party almost the whole show. Bathroom break songs were strategically placed in the set as well. Thanks DMB! Seriously, they can close every show with YMDT. It is by far my favorite song they playing right now as well.
    Cant tell if this is serious or a pretty damn funny tongue-in-cheek joke. Reminds me of the thread about the typical show review that was going on a few years ago. Bc this post has it all, especially with the "band on fire" and everything being "epic." It even has the presumably hyperbolic "they could close every show with_______ from now on and I'd be happy." Well done, I think.

Last edited by twostepr41; 05-26-2016 at 10:10 AM.
    Old 05-26-2016, 11:14 AM   #344
    Hahninator
    Dreaming Tree

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Sorry you feel that way but it seems like you were intent on being miserable with what they were playing. Sure we've all seen Jimi 100x but it sounds excellent right now. Bob Law -> YMDT absolutely SMOKES something like Ditch -> PNP Rapunzel for the encore. Walking out of an encore, wow. I wish they would have played something "more epic" after that for you and you were in your car

Quote:
    Agreed completely. Looking at it, there's nothing incredible, but the overall show was top 5 DMB for me easily. Phenomenal night.
    Old 05-26-2016, 01:18 PM   #345
    Carter's Stick

Shows Seen: 12

DMB Hub Stubs: 7

My Tour Central Stats

Now that I've been thinking about it, I realized that my bad experience with this show was due to the crowd I was sitting around. Tons of drunk people, people getting up and leaving during the middle of the show. It was really bad and I hope whatever show I go to next I can get better seats. Not that the 300 level is too far (I think it was still a good view), but it's basically a lawn up there. I thought the band was on point that night and he'll even Jimi sounded really good. I was just in a negative space after that crowd.
    Carter's Stick is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-26-2016, 06:53 PM   #346
    twostepr41

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Hahninator View Post
    Sorry you feel that way but it seems like you were intent on being miserable with what they were playing. Sure we've all seen Jimi 100x but it sounds excellent right now. Bob Law -> YMDT absolutely SMOKES something like Ditch -> PNP Rapunzel for the encore. Walking out of an encore, wow. I wish they would have played something "more epic" after that for you and you were in your car

Agreed completely. Looking at it, there's nothing incredible, but the overall show was top 5 DMB for me easily. Phenomenal night.
    Yeah I dropped a couple hundred bucks on an event that I went to "intent on being miserable." Nice analysis.
    Old 05-28-2016, 05:58 PM   #347
    laststopdmb

Shows Seen: 100

DMB Hub Stubs: 28

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Carter's Stick View Post
    Now that I've been thinking about it, I realized that my bad experience with this show was due to the crowd I was sitting around. Tons of drunk people, people getting up and leaving during the middle of the show. It was really bad and I hope whatever show I go to next I can get better seats. Not that the 300 level is too far (I think it was still a good view), but it's basically a lawn up there. I thought the band was on point that night and he'll even Jimi sounded really good. I was just in a negative space after that crowd.
    Yea, that tends to happen to a lot of us. It's definitely happened to me a few times. Now, I try to move around the venue and sneak in with people who look like they are having fun. Now, back to complaining. After watching the first few songs of the set in Atlanta, I have decided that this band is extremely lazy in writing setlists. Of course, being at show is a lot different than watching it at home on paper. It makes no sense and I talk to other fans at shows about this at all times...If DMB goes to the Gorge for three nights or another venue for two nights, they rarely repeat a song on back to back nights unless it's a new song that they are over playing like a new Taylor Swift song on bad radio. To a lot of us, why can't the band go 2 - 3 nights, regardless of the city, and NOT repeat a song from the night before? With the songs in rotation this year, it can easily be done and and they could do it pleasing the crowd every night. It's absolutely mind boggling, that they are going to play Samari Cop, Bob Law and Bismarck every single night. Don't get me wrong, I dig all three of these songs, but come 2017 when they tour again, are they going to shelve all three songs...Hell they played Black & Blue Bird almost every show last year and they have yet to play it once this year. They did the same thing with Gaucho & Mercy. They are getting sick of the songs themselves. It drives me crazy that the band is driving themselves crazy. That is all.
    Old 05-29-2016, 04:23 PM   #348
    wxdudes

Shows Seen: 55

DMB Hub Stubs: 15

My Tour Central Stats

Videos:

Ants Outro-->Boyd shaking hands-->Carter sticks: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7oWSjejkgA

Death on the High Seas (Dave - wind up monkey): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeJ3deSzQKs
    Old 05-31-2016, 07:46 AM   #349
    twostepr41

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Yea, that tends to happen to a lot of us. It's definitely happened to me a few times. Now, I try to move around the venue and sneak in with people who look like they are having fun. Now, back to complaining. After watching the first few songs of the set in Atlanta, I have decided that this band is extremely lazy in writing setlists. Of course, being at show is a lot different than watching it at home on paper. It makes no sense and I talk to other fans at shows about this at all times...If DMB goes to the Gorge for three nights or another venue for two nights, they rarely repeat a song on back to back nights unless it's a new song that they are over playing like a new Taylor Swift song on bad radio. To a lot of us, why can't the band go 2 - 3 nights, regardless of the city, and NOT repeat a song from the night before? With the songs in rotation this year, it can easily be done and and they could do it pleasing the crowd every night. It's absolutely mind boggling, that they are going to play Samari Cop, Bob Law and Bismarck every single night. Don't get me wrong, I dig all three of these songs, but come 2017 when they tour again, are they going to shelve all three songs...Hell they played Black & Blue Bird almost every show last year and they have yet to play it once this year. They did the same thing with Gaucho & Mercy. They are getting sick of the songs themselves. It drives me crazy that the band is driving themselves crazy. That is all.
    Spot on. Widespread Panic has mastered the set list rotations. People have no clue what they're going to hear at a show except that it is virtually guaranteed there will be nothing from the previous night, regardless of the show location.