Dating is miserable - Page 1535 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion > General Discussion > nDMBc Discussion
Register Rules Community Top Lists Torrents AM.org

Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

Old 09-10-2014, 08:39 PM   #46021
thechad90000
You're Goddamn Right

Shows Seen: 3

DMB Hub Stubs: 4

My Tour Central Stats

2 times getting blown off is enough.

Also I can only date one at a time. After about three or four dates I'll normally not date anyone else until the dating "relationship" I'm in inevitably implodes.
"Her one drink had Cecelia giggling and talking and she was explaining that animals had souls too. Nobody challenged her opinion. It was possible, we knew. What we weren't sure of was if we had any. - Charles Bukowski
thechad90000 is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 09-10-2014, 08:48 PM   #46022
    gonz085
    Tag Team Back Again

Shows Seen: 20

DMB Hub Stubs: 12

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Dating is miserable

Was talking to 2 other girls when I met my current one. One of them definitely wanted to go to slam town the very first night we hung out (not a slutty girl either, she was just really vibing with me). As tempting as it was, I refrained because I was really into my current girl. Don't regret it, definitely could've created an issue.
    gonz085 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-10-2014, 08:51 PM   #46023
    rconverse

Shows Seen: 25

DMB Hub Stubs: 14

My Tour Central Stats

Yeah. Number deleted. What a fucking cunt.

Do people really need to dick other people around for validation past the age of 30? Christ.
    rconverse is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-10-2014, 08:53 PM   #46024
    gonz085
    Tag Team Back Again

Shows Seen: 20

DMB Hub Stubs: 12

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by rconverse View Post
    Yeah. Number deleted. What a fucking cunt.

Do people really need to dick other people around for validation past the age of 30? Christ.
    Way more than you think, unfortunately
    gonz085 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-10-2014, 10:02 PM   #46025
    lockman21
    Yandle Award 2014-15

Shows Seen: 240

DMB Hub Stubs: 32

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by thechad90000 View Post
    2 times getting blown off is enough.

Also I can only date one at a time. After about three or four dates I'll normally not date anyone else until the dating "relationship" I'm in inevitably implodes.
    Me too. Even that can seem overwhelming sometimes. I have no idea how some people have multiple people they date at a time. It's insane.
    Old 09-11-2014, 08:25 PM   #46026
    saygood41

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 0

My Tour Central Stats

damn, I have 2 dates tomorrow night at the same place because of time delays of txt msgs.l I have never done this at the same time & place, but I have at the same night with success.. I don't think this is possible though.
    saygood41 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-11-2014, 10:16 PM   #46027
    aicdmb
    Unreal

Shows Seen: 15

DMB Hub Stubs: 6

My Tour Central Stats

Who the hell would have thought Troy had an alter
    aicdmb is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-11-2014, 10:42 PM   #46028
    SqueeBaBooSquee
    Cham Peens

DMB Hub Stubs: 1

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by saygood41 View Post
    damn, I have 2 dates tomorrow night at the same place because of time delays of txt msgs.l I have never done this at the same time & place, but I have at the same night with success.. I don't think this is possible though.
    http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-uLp1OEbLur..._doubtfire.jpg
    SqueeBaBooSquee is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-12-2014, 05:32 PM   #46029
    thechad90000
    You're Goddamn Right

My Tour Central Stats

Alright so I got a girl's number last night at the bar. Things were going quite well but she was with friends and had to go after a bit. Tonight is the only night I'm going to be free all week and we made plans to go out "very soon". Is it bad form to text and see if she wants to go out the very next day?
    "Her one drink had Cecelia giggling and talking and she was explaining that animals had souls too. Nobody challenged her opinion. It was possible, we knew. What we weren't sure of was if we had any. - Charles Bukowski
    Old 09-12-2014, 06:19 PM   #46030
    Tiduwho
    heh heh heh

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by SqueeBaBooSquee View Post

"And later I talk to former Presidential candidate Gary Hart and tell him how more Democrats should follow his example -- and leave politics."

- Stephen Colbert
    Tiduwho is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-12-2014, 06:20 PM   #46031
    Tiduwho
    heh heh heh

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by saygood41 View Post
    http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/af/af945...e572d6cc00.jpg

"And later I talk to former Presidential candidate Gary Hart and tell him how more Democrats should follow his example -- and leave politics."

- Stephen Colbert
    Tiduwho is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-13-2014, 12:38 AM   #46032
    Rodey
    Fiesta, Forever

Shows Seen: 16

DMB Hub Stubs: 10

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Alright so I got a girl's number last night at the bar. Things were going quite well but she was with friends and had to go after a bit. Tonight is the only night I'm going to be free all week and we made plans to go out "very soon". Is it bad form to text and see if she wants to go out the very next day?

I would say it's fine.
    Old 09-13-2014, 12:46 AM   #46033
    Rodey
    Fiesta, Forever

My Tour Central Stats

Dating is miserable

What's the best way of approaching the topic of getting a girl's thought on where things are heading?

Hung out at her apartment tonight, made dinner together (if you call throwing together bought pizza ingredients cooking ) and watched a movie.

Twas the fourth date, definitely the longest. We made out for about 15 minutes and didn't take it further because I'm not sure either of us wanted to take that step yet.

Told her I had a great time, she sort of nodded in agreement (this sort of stood out as reluctancy to agree, but maybe that's in my head?)

Anyway, I wanted to touch on where she sees this heading or what her thoughts are, but I didn't really know how to bring it up and didn't really want to ruin things.

We're planning on hanging out again next week and I'd like to bring it up then as opposed to over the phone/via text, but I know I'm going to be racking my brain over it for the next week
    Old 09-13-2014, 07:21 AM   #46034
    cry_minarets458
    MM#45 Wacco for Flacco

Location: Give me BETHEL or give me death.... death, death it is then

Shows Seen: 62

DMB Hub Stubs: 21

My Tour Central Stats

Listen to pig. Wait til you see her to ask
    *renounces DMB fandom*
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Prime Minister
    In fairness Brian Wilson's Beard > Amy Winehouse & the grammys & spoot.
    cry_minarets458 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-13-2014, 09:23 AM   #46035
    Rodey
    Fiesta, Forever

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by cry_minarets458 View Post
    Listen to pig. Wait til you see her to ask

Yeah, I'm just going to stick with our normal discussions until then.

I hate that past dating experiences make me second-guess even dates that seemingly go pretty awesome. It's like the whole two consciences on your shoulder thing. One is telling me this has been going awesome, but then there's the other voice saying, "yeah, but you're going to get dicked over again." It's awful.

I guess the one thing I can tell myself is that when I asked if she was busy this week, she said she's always busy, but she'll make time.

We'll see, but I'm hoping I can get past the initial dating stage for the first time in what will feel like an eternity
    Old 09-13-2014, 10:42 AM   #46036
    cry_minarets458
    MM#45 Wacco for Flacco

My Tour Central Stats

I'm pulling for you. I completely understand what you're talking about when you mention past experiences. Just wait to see how it goes when you're in each others company. Communication is great, but it's real easy to tell if that switch is turned off based on actual face-to-face interaxfon
    *renounces DMB fandom*
    Quote:
    Old 09-13-2014, 12:06 PM   #46037
    Alazais
    Troy For Mayor

Shows Seen: 11

My Tour Central Stats

I had dental surgery on Thursday. The latest lady (The friend of the girl I stopped sleeping with) came by and took care of me all day/night. She had to go out of to town the next day for some Maid of Honour duties. It was good though. She's a sweet heart. I feel quite comfortable just spending time with her. We mostly just veg out and shoot the shit but it's great. I'm usually so tired after work and stuff anyways and she works evenings at an art gallery so it tends to work out.

I ended things with the pharmacist. I stopped sleeping with the friend of this girl, I haven't seen the dietician since before I went away to Vancouver and the Russian (#2) hasn't messaged me in a couple of weeks. Funny how things work.

Last edited by Alazais; 09-13-2014 at 12:08 PM.
    Alazais is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-13-2014, 12:22 PM   #46038
    thechad90000
    You're Goddamn Right

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rodey View Post

I hate that past dating experiences make me second-guess even dates that seemingly go pretty awesome. It's like the whole two consciences on your shoulder thing. One is telling me this has been going awesome, but then there's the other voice saying, "yeah, but you're going to get dicked over again." It's awful.

I guess the one thing I can tell myself is that when I asked if she was busy this week, she said she's always busy, but she'll make time.

We'll see, but I'm hoping I can get past the initial dating stage for the first time in what will feel like an eternity

I feel ya there brother.

But yeah I agree you should wait until you see her in person to ask about that. It'll be easier to pick up via body language her reaction as well. So much gets lost over the phone and especially through text.
    Old 09-13-2014, 03:34 PM   #46039
    haybale97
    king of men

Shows Seen: 32

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

This is pretty close to the exact situation I'm in now. This girl is very much not a texting person, we basically only text to briefly see how each other's past few days are, confirm future plans, and that's it. A few texts every other day, but when we're together things are great.

I'm in the same boat as a Rodey with the two voices based on recent history, but we had a few conversations about how we feel about each other last night (after I made some bomb-ass tacos for her) and we continue to make future plans. We primarily only hang out on the weekend since we both have busy schedules. I just don't know how to bring up where she sees this going/do you want to make this official. It's been so long.

Out With Gout
    haybale97 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-13-2014, 03:46 PM   #46040
    Rodey
    Fiesta, Forever

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by haybale97 View Post
    This is pretty close to the exact situation I'm in now. This girl is very much not a texting person, we basically only text to briefly see how each other's past few days are, confirm future plans, and that's it. A few texts every other day, but when we're together things are great.

I'm in the same boat as a Rodey with the two voices based on recent history, but we had a few conversations about how we feel about each other last night (after I made some bomb-ass tacos for her) and we continue to make future plans. We primarily only hang out on the weekend since we both have busy schedules. I just don't know how to bring up where she sees this going/do you want to make this official. It's been so long.
    I feel ya, man. It's rough.

I might try prodding if (hopefully when) we go on a date this week, but we'll see how the vibe is. Like, I definitely think I'm ready to say I want to date her exclusively (obviously too soon for the girlfriend label), but I'm just killing myself over wondering whether or not she's in the same place. I mean, based on how well our dates have gone, I'd think yes, but you just never know.

Last edited by Rodey; 09-13-2014 at 03:48 PM.
    Rodey is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-13-2014, 05:40 PM   #46041
    haybale97
    king of men

Shows Seen: 32

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I feel ya, man. It's rough.

I might try prodding if (hopefully when) we go on a date this week, but we'll see how the vibe is. Like, I definitely think I'm ready to say I want to date her exclusively (obviously too soon for the girlfriend label), but I'm just killing myself over wondering whether or not she's in the same place. I mean, based on how well our dates have gone, I'd think yes, but you just never know.
    Yeah man it's tough for sure, you guys are a lot newer than this new girl and I, I think I'm ready for the "girlfriend" talk but I just don't know how to approach that without sounding like a middle schooler asking to be my girlfriend . We've been seeing each other for close to a month now. Maybe a little longer

Out With Gout
    haybale97 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-13-2014, 06:43 PM   #46042
    Rodey
    Fiesta, Forever

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by haybale97 View Post
    Yeah man it's tough for sure, you guys are a lot newer than this new girl and I, I think I'm ready for the "girlfriend" talk but I just don't know how to approach that without sounding like a middle schooler asking to be my girlfriend . We've been seeing each other for close to a month now. Maybe a little longer

It's been over a month since we had our first date, but we each were on vacation for a week but have been knocking out a date a week lately. Definitely wouldn't mind seeing her more, but her schedule is pretty brutal with law school and working at a law office part time and I can definitely respect that.

But yeah, I never know how to begin those talks. Might just slip in a "I just thought you should know that I'm really enjoying spending time with you and am not seeing anyone else" and see what happens.
    Old 09-14-2014, 06:37 AM   #46043
    cry_minarets458
    MM#45 Wacco for Flacco

My Tour Central Stats

I think society gets too caught up on labels. You're either with someone exclusively or not.
    *renounces DMB fandom*
    Quote:
    Old 09-14-2014, 07:20 AM   #46044
    rconverse

Shows Seen: 25

DMB Hub Stubs: 14

My Tour Central Stats

It used to be so much easier, or at leaf that's how I recall it. You'd just ask a girl out and if she liked you, you'd go out. If that went well, you'd go out again and boom! You're dating. I'd never even think to ask of it was exclusive, just assumed it was.

This is all way before Internet and cell phones though. Christ I'm old!
    rconverse is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-14-2014, 09:39 AM   #46045
    Rodey
    Fiesta, Forever

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by rconverse View Post
    It used to be so much easier, or at leaf that's how I recall it. You'd just ask a girl out and if she liked you, you'd go out. If that went well, you'd go out again and boom! You're dating. I'd never even think to ask of it was exclusive, just assumed it was.

This is all way before Internet and cell phones though. Christ I'm old!
    Yeah, I think online dating really changed the game.
    Old 09-14-2014, 10:10 AM   #46046
    thechad90000
    You're Goddamn Right

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Yeah, I think online dating really changed the game.
    Really fucked up the game if you ask me. I hate it.
    Old 09-14-2014, 10:14 AM   #46047
    Rodey
    Fiesta, Forever

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Really fucked up the game if you ask me. I hate it.
    I'll get back to you on that.

Found the girl I've been dating online, so depending on how this goes I'll either think it's awesome or the worst fucking thing in the world.
    Old 09-14-2014, 10:39 AM   #46048
    thechad90000
    You're Goddamn Right

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I'll get back to you on that.

Found the girl I've been dating online, so depending on how this goes I'll either think it's awesome or the worst fucking thing in the world.
    I just don't like how it's done anymore. It's all based off pictures and how well someone can write. It just seems so unnatural to me even though I've done my fair share of it.
    Old 09-14-2014, 02:19 PM   #46049
    smokew11
    1-0

Shows Seen: 40

DMB Hub Stubs: 18

My Tour Central Stats

online and texting changed the whole game. cant imagine how shitty it would be to be dating right now

on the flip side, if i was in college it'd be fucking great, with snapchat and tinder
    Old 09-14-2014, 02:43 PM   #46050
    Rodey
    Fiesta, Forever

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I just don't like how it's done anymore. It's all based off pictures and how well someone can write. It just seems so unnatural to me even though I've done my fair share of it.
    I have/had only been on it a few months, but I didn't mind it. I mean, isn't approaching a girl at the bar pretty much all about her looks and how smooth you can talk to her?

I see your point, for sure, but I didn't find it that bad. There are definitely pros and cons to it.