Homeland on Showtime - Page 4 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion > General Discussion > nDMBc Discussion
Register Rules Community Top Lists Torrents AM.org

Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

Old 12-20-2011, 05:31 AM   #91
Beebz
Tinnitus Victim

Shows Seen: 10

DMB Hub Stubs: 6

My Tour Central Stats

Re: Homeland on Showtime

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIDriveOut2SPAC View Post
The DJCopy/paste stuff is.
Oh, yeah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clayj41 View Post
The electroshock story line promises to be unforgivably stupid.
I'm really nervous about how this will be handled, with from a plot development and timeline standpoint. Spending half a season essentially stalling will not make for satisfying television.

The creators had a blueprint to work with in season 1. They're on their own in season 2. The fact that these guys used to run 24 is not encouraging at all. But, they've certainly earned an open mind from me.
Beebz is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 12-20-2011, 01:05 PM   #92
    salrx95

Shows Seen: 60

DMB Hub Stubs: 19

My Tour Central Stats

part of me wanted to Brody to pull the trigger. The VP is an asshole and deserved it but the series would have lost its best character. Didn't like the shock treatment either. I agree with others in wondering what is up with Saul. Was definitely surprised he had them go grab Carrie.

Looking forward to next season.
    salrx95 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-20-2011, 01:05 PM   #93
    KelBell24
    I'm only this far...

Shows Seen: 14

DMB Hub Stubs: 8

My Tour Central Stats

I feel as though they gave us nothing new-- aside from the fact that the directer and VP knew about the bombing that killed the students. I predicted everything that happened in the episode before it did. I didn't necessarily want Brody to go through with the attack, I just wanted some answers. For example- why is Walker working with Nazir? How is Brody communicating with Nazir (i.e. to know to pick up the vest)? Who took Brody's memory chip? Or are we to just assume that was walker? I just wanted some closure on something.
    Old 12-20-2011, 03:51 PM   #94
    DrewD55

Shows Seen: 27

DMB Hub Stubs: 10

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Beebz View Post
    The creators had a blueprint to work with in season 1. They're on their own in season 2. The fact that these guys used to run 24 is not encouraging at all. But, they've certainly earned an open mind from me.
    The Israeli show that it's based on ran for at least a couple of years. Of course, I have no idea how closely Homeland hewed to its inspiration, but these guys seem to have taken a lot more chances in the way they've run the show than they ever did on 24. They hired a great group of veteran television writers to pen the episodes, with an emphasis on character over plot twists, and what plot twists there were derived mostly from character motivation rather than the deus ex machina of the writers' room arbitrarily deciding that one was necessary. I've still got the last three episodes to watch, but they've kept my interest all year, and so, too, have the performances.
    Old 12-26-2011, 01:04 PM   #95
    DrewD55

My Tour Central Stats

Plowing through the last five episodes of this today. If Claire Danes wants that Emmy, she'll submit episode 11 as her nomination reel, 'cause, damn, she is rocking the manic/depressive thing and doing it without a lot of melodramatic shit. I've heard that the finale is Damian Lewis' reel, which I'm looking forward to. Episode 8 (Brody's "turning" episode, told in flashbacks) was probably my least favorite. Cop out way of developing character and one of the few missteps they've taken. I'm actually only 11 minutes into episode 11, and this is already shaping up to be gangbusters. I've seen the divisiveness that's come with the finale, but I'm thinking I'll like it.
    Old 12-26-2011, 01:09 PM   #96
    DMBstandUP1984
    Seemingly Ranch

Shows Seen: 34

DMB Hub Stubs: 12

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by salrx95 View Post
    part of me wanted to Brody to pull the trigger. The VP is an asshole and deserved it but the series would have lost its best character. Didn't like the shock treatment either. I agree with others in wondering what is up with Saul. Was definitely surprised he had them go grab Carrie.

Looking forward to next season.

me to. I was really hoping he completed the mission, a real Marine would have
    Old 12-27-2011, 09:20 AM   #97
    rconverse

Shows Seen: 25

DMB Hub Stubs: 14

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by KelBell24 View Post
    agreed! i predicted everything that was going to happen in the episode, aside from brody killing off walker. also, they didn't tie up any loose ends. i really want to know how/why walker was "turned". i still think saul has some bigger part in it all. i think there was something significant about showing him walk through the metal detector-- plus, he hung carrie out to dry. all things considered, i still can't wait for next season.
    This bothered/stood out to me.

Interesting that Brody tried to hit the switch a couple of times. In addition to killing Walker, he's proven that he's down with the cause for now. Who knows where season 2 is going.

How does Carrie get back into the CIA?
    rconverse is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-27-2011, 02:46 PM   #98
    CHUCKYRAY

Shows Seen: 2

My Tour Central Stats

I don't think that there's a way that she does get back in. I think, maybe, that she will be like she was in the last episode. Just kinda following things around and trying to get Saul and others to realize what she already knows. But I'm sure that she too is convinced that Brody is not a terrorist now that he didn't blow anyone up when he had the opportunity to in the bunker. Who knows where they will go from here but I don't think she ends back up in the CIA.
    CHUCKYRAY is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-28-2011, 12:51 AM   #99
    TheLastStop123
    paper hands

Shows Seen: 39

DMB Hub Stubs: 15

My Tour Central Stats

just finished up the finale earlier tonight...plowed through the season in about 3 days. what a great show. keeps my attention, is extremely clever and unbelievable acting. I didn't have a problem with the finale at all, I thought it was great and obviously left me wanting more.

definitely one of the best first seasons to a show I've seen in awhile! it sort of reminds me of 24, but with a much better plot, better acting, and better writing.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by FromTheMorning View Post
    Antsmarching.org: Came for the DMBc, stayed for the nDMBc.
    TheLastStop123 is online now   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-28-2011, 02:52 AM   #100
    DrewD55

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by TheLastStop123 View Post
    just finished up the finale earlier tonight...plowed through the season in about 3 days. what a great show. keeps my attention, is extremely clever and unbelievable acting. I didn't have a problem with the finale at all, I thought it was great and obviously left me wanting more.

definitely one of the best first seasons to a show I've seen in awhile! it sort of reminds me of 24, but with a much better plot, better acting, and better writing.
    The showrunners are two former producers on 24, so that's not surprising to hear. I think they did a great job with everything. Finished up the last few episodes over my day off on Monday, and I'm more than satisfied, including the finale. I'm not sure it would have served the series well to have wrapped up all loose ends. Leaving it open-ended the way they did is actually kind of appropriate for a show that's partly about the War on Terror. That's the kind of thing that doesn't seem to have an end date; the threat is always looming, so leaving that thread open in the show works.
    Old 01-13-2012, 08:10 AM   #101
    dmbmuskie
    FIN

Shows Seen: 50

DMB Hub Stubs: 20

My Tour Central Stats

This doesn't end in a disaster like the Killing, right? I'm half way through, but it just feels like I'm headed towards a huge let down.
    dmbmuskie is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-13-2012, 08:11 AM   #102
    DIDriveOut2SPAC
    American Aquarium Drnkr

Shows Seen: 35

DMB Hub Stubs: 14

My Tour Central Stats

Just watch.
    Old 01-13-2012, 08:18 AM   #103
    jubes02

Shows Seen: 20

DMB Hub Stubs: 9

My Tour Central Stats

great show, got through it in about 4 days, can't wait for S2
    Old 01-13-2012, 08:23 AM   #104
    AlexK79
    Let There Be Rock

Shows Seen: 92

DMB Hub Stubs: 24

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DrewD55 View Post
    The showrunners are two former producers on 24, so that's not surprising to hear. I think they did a great job with everything. Finished up the last few episodes over my day off on Monday, and I'm more than satisfied, including the finale. I'm not sure it would have served the series well to have wrapped up all loose ends. Leaving it open-ended the way they did is actually kind of appropriate for a show that's partly about the War on Terror. That's the kind of thing that doesn't seem to have an end date; the threat is always looming, so leaving that thread open in the show works.
    I loved Homeland, but IMO it wasn't even close to as good as the best of 24 (seasons 1-5).

DMB 2023: Nashville, Milwaukee, Deer Creek x2, Chicago x2
    AlexK79 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-13-2012, 09:15 AM   #105
    Lcsulla
    Black Hawks Matter

Shows Seen: 54

DMB Hub Stubs: 19

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by CHUCKYRAY View Post
    I don't think that there's a way that she does get back in. I think, maybe, that she will be like she was in the last episode.
    I tend to agree, only way she gets back in is if she is proven right.

Best guess is she will end up doing consulting, perhaps with that guy Virgil and his weirdo brother who bugged Brody's house.
    Old 01-13-2012, 09:36 AM   #106
    ExistenceNow
    AM.org Moderator

Shows Seen: 117

DMB Hub Stubs: 30

My Tour Central Stats

Watched this season over the last few days. Really enjoyed it.
    Old 01-24-2012, 03:02 AM   #107
    DrewD55

My Tour Central Stats

The AV Club is running a 4-part series with one of the showrunners, asking in-depth questions about all 12 episodes. Part 1, covering episodes 1-3, went up today. Really good stuff, if you've got the time:

http://www.avclub.com/articles/alex-...-season,68143/
    Old 01-24-2012, 05:31 AM   #108
    cruscott35

Shows Seen: 67

DMB Hub Stubs: 27

My Tour Central Stats

Good stuff, can you post the other ones when available.
    cruscott35 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 01-26-2012, 02:44 AM   #109
    DrewD55

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by cruscott35 View Post
    Good stuff, can you post the other ones when available.
    Parts 2 and 3 of the season walkthrough with showrunner Alex Gansa:

http://www.avclub.com/articles/alex-...-season,68222/

http://www.avclub.com/articles/alex-...-season,68273/
    Old 04-18-2012, 04:15 PM   #110
    DrewD55

My Tour Central Stats

Just read a Facebook announcement that this is coming back on September 26th. It was the best new show last year and one of the best shows on TV, period, so I'm definitely looking forward to its return.
    Old 04-18-2012, 06:26 PM   #111
    clayj41

Shows Seen: 34

DMB Hub Stubs: 16

My Tour Central Stats

I can't say that I feel the same way.
    clayj41 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-18-2012, 07:15 PM   #112
    Beebz
    Tinnitus Victim

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by AlexK79 View Post
    I loved Homeland, but IMO it wasn't even close to as good as the best of 24 (seasons 1-5).
    Couldnt disagree more.

That said, season 2 worries me, especially Carrie's plot after that absurd ending.
    Old 04-18-2012, 07:16 PM   #113
    Beebz
    Tinnitus Victim

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DrewD55 View Post
    Just read a Facebook announcement that this is coming back on September 26th. It was the best new show last year and one of the best shows on TV, period, so I'm definitely looking forward to its return.
    Game of Thrones takes the best new show crown, hands down. I enjoyed Homeland but GoT was on another level.
    Old 04-28-2012, 12:30 PM   #114
    dre2142
    Get it done

Shows Seen: 52

DMB Hub Stubs: 21

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by KelBell24 View Post
    i think there was something significant about showing him walk through the metal detector--
    before walker took his shots? that was solely to show that there WERE detectors, and to link that to the entire "walker taking shots in order to get the group to go through the detectors without getting stopped" bit.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Lcsulla View Post
    Yeah, what a weak, awful ending that tied up absolutely nothing. Such a shame.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by pedramzahipour View Post
    I actually thought it was a very good finale. I realize that it left most things unresolved, but I'm actually viewing that as a positive. If Brody had died, season two would have had to come up with some newer, bigger terrorist threat, just to top what season one did. And that's not always the best road to go down. Take Dexter for example, that show's been forced to play this crazy game of one-upmanship just to keep the show humming along after it killed off the primary antagonist in season two.

Keeping this going for another season and possibly more works for this show because this show has never particularly been a plot-driven show. It’s always been a character-driven one, first and foremost. And even though the show is able to do pretty interesting thriller plots, it’s primarily most interested in what makes its main characters tick. That’s what makes it a great show, and Brody not blowing himself up works because it was a character moment, first and foremost.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Beebz View Post
    DJ CopyPaste?
    he disappeared from the thread after that lol

I dont know..... I think the show is good, but not crazy good. I hate Carries character....I hate Brodies character.

A lot of stuff in the finale seemed forced..... like his daughter wanting to just walk in on her dad changing (yeah, shes suspicious, but still....)......the electroshock situation.......the vest not working the 1st time around and Brody "hotwiring" it lol......

I dont know.
    dre2142 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-28-2012, 12:32 PM   #115
    dre2142
    Get it done

Shows Seen: 52

DMB Hub Stubs: 21

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by AlexK79 View Post
    24 was horrible.
    dre2142 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 04-29-2012, 07:11 PM   #116
    ibeheath

Shows Seen: 1

DMB Hub Stubs: 3

My Tour Central Stats

Homeland was exciting because it came out of nowhere with characters that were luckily played by good actors, but the kicker was that we didnt know the moral aptitude of each character. I feel like subsequent seasons might be less suspensful because we know who might be good/bad.

Dont drink the water, there seems to have been some blood in the water, and so you shouldn't drink it. - DM
    ibeheath is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 10-01-2012, 12:00 AM   #117
    solsburyhill
    MM #57

Shows Seen: 8

DMB Hub Stubs: 5

My Tour Central Stats

how was the premiere? only caught the first ten minutes before I lost fucking power

solsburyhill is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 10-01-2012, 02:06 PM   #118
    dmbmuskie
    FIN

My Tour Central Stats

I really liked the premiere. I do feel like they enough time hasn't passed from the Season 1 finale to the Season 2 premiere, for everything to be believable, but that really won't change how entertaining the show is. It just puts the show more in the 24 and Breaking Bad category, rather than Mad Men or the Wire.

Last edited by dmbmuskie; 10-01-2012 at 02:08 PM.
    Old 10-01-2012, 02:20 PM   #119
    solsburyhill
    MM #57

Shows Seen: 8

DMB Hub Stubs: 5

My Tour Central Stats

Okay, I really dunno about this show anymore.

The more I think about it, the more they should have ended this puppy in season 1. It's going to drag it's feet along now. And, my jaw actually dropped when it was mentioned his name was in contention to get on the VP ticket. Like, what? Are you fucking kidding me? Make streches, leaps, and bounds much?

That's the big difference between shows of Breaking Bad quality and this. The writers are not anywhere near the same level.

solsburyhill is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 10-01-2012, 02:34 PM   #120
    dmbmuskie
    FIN

My Tour Central Stats

This show is so much better than Breaking Bad, which is basically 1 giant plot hole.