What (besides politics) irritates you? - Page 842 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion
Old 12-18-2014, 06:41 AM   #25231
BotheLaneFan
I AM the FBI

Shows Seen: 18

DMB Hub Stubs: 12

My Tour Central Stats

Re: What irritates you?

When people ask me to get them a sugar cookie. I am a musician, not a sugar cookie getter.

The plot is always moving forward.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExistenceNow View Post
So is a glacier.
BotheLaneFan is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 12-18-2014, 07:16 AM   #25232
    Beefsteak1138

Shows Seen: 10

DMB Hub Stubs: 7

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by BotheBOFan View Post
    When people ask me to get them a sugar cookie. I am a musician, not a sugar cookie getter.
    Leave them a voicemail voicing your concerns, follow-up with an email then an IM.
    Beefsteak1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-18-2014, 10:56 AM   #25233
    K270
    Hello my baby!!!!

Shows Seen: 31

DMB Hub Stubs: 15

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Beefsteak1138 View Post
    Leave them a voicemail voicing your concerns, follow-up with an email then an IM.
    I think a three phone calls in a row, placed 5 minutes after the voice mail should also happen.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by neumdogg View Post
    Dodgers suck.
    K270 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-18-2014, 11:06 AM   #25234
    Beefsteak1138

Shows Seen: 10

DMB Hub Stubs: 7

My Tour Central Stats

...Then a couple of post-it notes and an office drive-by.
    Beefsteak1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-18-2014, 01:14 PM   #25235
    cmorto99

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 1

My Tour Central Stats

People who are so active on social media but when you are around them in person they hardly make a peep
    cmorto99 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-18-2014, 06:01 PM   #25236
    justink

Shows Seen: 51

DMB Hub Stubs: 16

My Tour Central Stats

racists

http://www.woai.com/onair/the-joe-pa...y-is-13081354/
    justink is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-18-2014, 06:09 PM   #25237
    Tiduwho
    heh heh heh

My Tour Central Stats

The term "future proof". Been seeing it a lot lately. Translation: New technology marketing term used so they can make it more expensive. Future proof...for the next 3-5 years until the technology becomes obsolete like everything else the past 20 years.

"And later I talk to former Presidential candidate Gary Hart and tell him how more Democrats should follow his example -- and leave politics."

- Stephen Colbert
    Tiduwho is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-18-2014, 06:17 PM   #25238
    bartender_man

Shows Seen: 35

DMB Hub Stubs: 18

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by scrock25 View Post
    Don't fucking email me asking me a question and then immediately IM me telling me that you emailed me asking me a question, ever. Just don't fucking do it. Jesus Christ.

Yup this
    Old 12-19-2014, 11:47 AM   #25239
    defcon
    :rattled

Shows Seen: 14

DMB Hub Stubs: 6

My Tour Central Stats

This is great.

Lady orders product from us via Amazon, receives product, as described and pictured...but because it wasn't the one she intended to order, it's our fault in her eyes. I fucking hate the holidays. I really, really do. I will be so glad when this shit is over for another year (or 10 months).

So what does she do? Well, instead of going through the proper channels, she bothers to have her attorney look up our LLC info, call my boss, and serve him a letter at his job threatening to sue for "intentional" and "negligent" infliction of emotional distress. All of this happened within 3 days.

Back and forth, this is EXACTLY what you ordered. If you want to return it, we would be happy to give you a full refund. But no, it's like talking to a fucking brick wall. Wednesday I sent her an email telling her this was her option...that's it...like it or lump it.

I already told her lawyer to fuck off and she clearly has no case for anything except being a dumb cunt. Doesn't change the above facts. What a fucking cuntrag. You want to escalate shit? Great. I'm writing my answer and I am going to state a counterclaim for libel vis-a-vis defamatory and patently false reviews she has posted about our business on the internet. We use a reputation management company and she's reported us to Yahoo, Google, Yelp, Amazon, Rip Off Report, and plenty of other places. As a result of this, I'm also stating a counterclaims of intentional and negligent infliction of emotional distress.

You want to escalate shit? You better watch who you fuck with.
    :v iolent
    Old 12-19-2014, 12:13 PM   #25240
    daveshookme
    Altuve wore a wire

Shows Seen: 54

DMB Hub Stubs: 20

My Tour Central Stats

As somebody who sees the EXACT situation a dozen times a day (ordered one thing, got it, it's not what they want) I'm not buying your story one bit. It's just not plausible. I've worked customer service in retail for 3 years. Never seen somebody get that pissed right off the bat. Also, try talking them down instead of hitting them with an RPG. Catch more flies with honey, and all that.

I'm not sure having a reputation of going after people who lie about your reputation is any better than simply having a bad reputation and encouraging people who are satisfied with your service to rate accordingly.
    Old 12-19-2014, 12:57 PM   #25241
    Tiduwho
    heh heh heh

My Tour Central Stats

That since 2008, 93% of all income growth has been captured by the top 1%.

And instead of actually talking about it, people get political about stupid arguments like minimum wage. The bottom rung doesn't need to move up, the whole middle 90% of the system needs to scale up.

Trickle down economics indeed.

"And later I talk to former Presidential candidate Gary Hart and tell him how more Democrats should follow his example -- and leave politics."

- Stephen Colbert
    Old 12-19-2014, 03:50 PM   #25242
    defcon

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by daveshookme View Post
    As somebody who sees the EXACT situation a dozen times a day (ordered one thing, got it, it's not what they want) I'm not buying your story one bit. It's just not plausible. I've worked customer service in retail for 3 years. Never seen somebody get that pissed right off the bat. Also, try talking them down instead of hitting them with an RPG. Catch more flies with honey, and all that.

I'm not sure having a reputation of going after people who lie about your reputation is any better than simply having a bad reputation and encouraging people who are satisfied with your service to rate accordingly.
    Yeah, but people understandably tend to shit the bed if they order something that's in the lower five digit range and don't get what they wanted, even if it is their fault.

I deal with arcade, pinball, arcade, and amusement machines and accessories and other electronics btw. She ordered a pinball machine by title only, not realizing there are several machines released under this title. The one she wanted has a carousel thing in the middle that the ball goes on...it's like a mouse trap thing where the ball triggers a chain reaction. That's what she was expecting. But that's not what she ordered. I can't help it if a customer doesn't do due diligence and choose to take it out on us.

Look, all I'm saying is SHE overreacted. I can't help it if you don't believe me. That's not my issue.
    Old 12-19-2014, 05:43 PM   #25243
    scoobyc

Shows Seen: 11

DMB Hub Stubs: 4

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by defcon View Post
    Yeah, but people understandably tend to shit the bed if they order something that's in the lower five digit range and don't get what they wanted, even if it is their fault.

I deal with arcade, pinball, arcade, and amusement machines and accessories and other electronics btw. She ordered a pinball machine by title only, not realizing there are several machines released under this title. The one she wanted has a carousel thing in the middle that the ball goes on...it's like a mouse trap thing where the ball triggers a chain reaction. That's what she was expecting. But that's not what she ordered. I can't help it if a customer doesn't do due diligence and choose to take it out on us.

Look, all I'm saying is SHE overreacted. I can't help it if you don't believe me. That's not my issue.
    What's the name of the company? I want to read her reviews.
    scoobyc is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-19-2014, 05:50 PM   #25244
    Lcsulla
    Black Hawks Matter

Shows Seen: 54

DMB Hub Stubs: 19

My Tour Central Stats

The moronic EU taking hamas off the terrorist organizations list.
    Old 12-19-2014, 06:15 PM   #25245
    jackisback24
    He's using hypnosis!

My Tour Central Stats

so I'm working on a project at night right now at work and pretty much have the whole floor to myself....except for the two electricians who are repairing the lights in the ceiling, and wouldn't you know it? They're right above my desk on a ladder and this is a floor that can handle 300 employees.
    jackisback24 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-19-2014, 06:40 PM   #25246
    justink

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jackisback24 View Post
    so I'm working on a project at night right now at work and pretty much have the whole floor to myself....except for the two electricians who are repairing the lights in the ceiling, and wouldn't you know it? They're right above my desk on a ladder and this is a floor that can handle 300 employees.
    you're just mad that they're holding up your fap sesh...
    Old 12-19-2014, 08:03 PM   #25247
    AlpineValley804
    Casey

Shows Seen: 9

DMB Hub Stubs: 8

My Tour Central Stats

Can never emphasize enough how irritating terrible customer service is. Ordered a jersey as a Christmas gift for my mom this past Sunday. Absolutely zero information given regarding estimated arrival at the time the order was made (should have been my first red flag), and since then, the order has not only still not arrived, there has been zero updates on if it has shipped out and when I look at the order information on the website, they provide zero info on anything remotely related to when the order is expected to ship out. Absolutely ridiculous. Price aside, this should be the No. 1 priority of any online vendor - WHEN THE FUCKING THING IS GOING TO GET SENT OUT.

For any hockey fans, I implore you to not order from wintericebreak.com.
    Originally Posted by ToySoldier#34 View Post
    Something about power boosts with anal plugs didn't quite put it above Shawshank Redemption for me
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Route_2 View Post
    Both movies do have anal, though.
    AlpineValley804 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-20-2014, 12:06 AM   #25248
    DIDriveOut2SPAC
    American Aquarium Drnkr

Shows Seen: 35

DMB Hub Stubs: 14

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by AlpineValley804 View Post
    Can never emphasize enough how irritating terrible customer service is. Ordered a jersey as a Christmas gift for my mom this past Sunday. Absolutely zero information given regarding estimated arrival at the time the order was made (should have been my first red flag), and since then, the order has not only still not arrived, there has been zero updates on if it has shipped out and when I look at the order information on the website, they provide zero info on anything remotely related to when the order is expected to ship out. Absolutely ridiculous. Price aside, this should be the No. 1 priority of any online vendor - WHEN THE FUCKING THING IS GOING TO GET SENT OUT.

Add belovedshirts.com to this list. Same story, ordered December 1st, status still says unfulfilled.
    Old 12-20-2014, 12:11 AM   #25249
    thebridge15

Shows Seen: 20

My Tour Central Stats

My usps delivery guy just decided that all my packages are undeliverable. He's already up to 3

that will be a tough one for the aliens to figure out.
    thebridge15 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-20-2014, 12:29 AM   #25250
    justink

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by thebridge15 View Post
    My usps delivery guy just decided that all my packages are undeliverable. He's already up to 3
    pretty sure i would save all my vacation time and take the month of december off if i worked for usps.
    Old 12-20-2014, 04:56 AM   #25251
    jcc522
    Take Warning

Shows Seen: 3

DMB Hub Stubs: 3

My Tour Central Stats

Some bitch stole my hat and oakleys that I have had since 2007.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Old 12-20-2014, 08:12 AM   #25252
    defcon

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by AlpineValley804 View Post

Was this an order through Amazon directly or through a vendor? I can tell you that their vendor interface is shitty. They try to micromanage everything and do badly at it. eBay/PayPal was first and its a better system.

If someone pays with a check, Amazon tells them that their order has been received. Not the case. It says order filled pending on my screen. It only takes a day or three at the most for checks to clear, but when someone orders something with timing of the essence and is under the impression that it shipped because Amazon told them it did, and it doesn't ship until 3-5 days later, that's a problem, understandably.

Amazon sucks. They just do. They try to micromanage their vendors - they want you to do fulfillment by Amazon, so if you don't they'll make your life a living hell. If an order comes in at 11:59pm PST (2:59am EST) then it is supposed to ship the same day. It evolves only around the West Coast. If that time happens to be on a Thursday night, then if you don't ship it marks you late. We can't designate our own hours. Their fees are higher than eBay. They're just a terrible company in rapid decline. I think they'd do much better without Amazon Marketplace.

If someone requests a cancellation, return or refund, Amazon can hold their funds for up to 10 days and of course we as the seller get blamed for that. It's mainly for checking accounts, but for some reason a lot of people pay by check online.

Also, their fees are ridiculous.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by scoobyc View Post
    What's the name of the company? I want to read her reviews.
    Not really comfortable giving that out here. That's my bread, and people on here hate me and want me to kill myself.
    Old 12-20-2014, 11:07 AM   #25253
    Roose13
    Ring the Bell

Shows Seen: 26

My Tour Central Stats

I love ordering jerseys from China and their sizes don't match America. I'm sorry but I'm not a Chinese XXL, which is an American large. Ugh, at least it was cheap and I can pass it off as a gift to someone. Still lame.

NHL Thread Banner
    -2013-14 Keith Yandle Award winner-
    -2014-15 Buccigross Award winner-
    -2015-16 Darren Dreger Award winner-
    -2016-17 Damien Cox Award winner-
    Roose13 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-20-2014, 11:11 AM   #25254
    scrock25

DMB Hub Stubs: 11

My Tour Central Stats

Chinese knock-off jerseys are so bad

Never bought one or seen one that wasn't obviously fake and of poor quality.
    scrock25 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-20-2014, 11:29 AM   #25255
    Roose13
    Ring the Bell

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by scrock25 View Post
    Chinese knock-off jerseys are so bad

Never bought one or seen one that wasn't obviously fake and of poor quality.
    The sad part is it wasn't bad quality, just made for a midget

NHL Thread Banner
    -2013-14 Keith Yandle Award winner-
    -2014-15 Buccigross Award winner-
    -2015-16 Darren Dreger Award winner-
    -2016-17 Damien Cox Award winner-
    Roose13 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-20-2014, 01:06 PM   #25256
    rconverse

Shows Seen: 25

DMB Hub Stubs: 14

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tiduwho View Post
    That since 2008, 93% of all income growth has been captured by the top 1%.

And instead of actually talking about it, people get political about stupid arguments like minimum wage. The bottom rung doesn't need to move up, the whole middle 90% of the system needs to scale up.

Trickle down economics indeed.
    This is why I really dislike talking about the topic. No one really wants it solved that matters. Both parties play to their base, which leaves out about 80% of the population. IL keeps raising taxes but nothing gets any better.
    rconverse is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-20-2014, 05:34 PM   #25257
    AlpineValley804
    Casey

Shows Seen: 9

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Was this an order through Amazon directly or through a vendor? I can tell you that their vendor interface is shitty. They try to micromanage everything and do badly at it. eBay/PayPal was first and its a better system.

Not really comfortable giving that out here. That's my bread, and people on here hate me and want me to kill myself.
    It wasn't ordered through Amazon at all. It was an independent site.
    Originally Posted by ToySoldier#34 View Post
    Something about power boosts with anal plugs didn't quite put it above Shawshank Redemption for me
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Route_2 View Post
    Both movies do have anal, though.
    AlpineValley804 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-21-2014, 11:44 AM   #25258
    Tiduwho
    heh heh heh

My Tour Central Stats

Inaccurate progress bars. What's even the point these days? Most of them will rapidly go thru 45% in the first 5 seconds, then sit there for 6 minutes straight, then suddenly jump to 92% and its done within 10 seconds.

Why cant they make actual believable status bars? An even dispersal of progress throughout. Especially with computer scans that may go hours or minutes, and you dont know which.

- Stephen Colbert
    Old 12-21-2014, 09:20 PM   #25259
    Heyberto
    My Man in Amsterdam

Shows Seen: 52

DMB Hub Stubs: 21

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

If someone pays with a check, Amazon tells them that their order has been received. Not the case. It says order filled pending on my screen. It only takes a day or three at the most for checks to clear, but when someone orders something with timing of the essence and is under the impression that it shipped because Amazon told them it did, and it doesn't ship until 3-5 days later, that's a problem, understandably.

Amazon sucks. They just do. They try to micromanage their vendors - they want you to do fulfillment by Amazon, so if you don't they'll make your life a living hell. If an order comes in at 11:59pm PST (2:59am EST) then it is supposed to ship the same day. It evolves only around the West Coast. If that time happens to be on a Thursday night, then if you don't ship it marks you late. We can't designate our own hours. Their fees are higher than eBay. They're just a terrible company in rapid decline. I think they'd do much better without Amazon Marketplace.

If someone requests a cancellation, return or refund, Amazon can hold their funds for up to 10 days and of course we as the seller get blamed for that. It's mainly for checking accounts, but for some reason a lot of people pay by check online.

Also, their fees are ridiculous.

A bit of an aside, and no offense to you, because you guys sound legit... but there are some shady 3rd party retailers on Amazon. I bought a mop hie case for my IPhone, and when it started to fail less than 6 months in. Mophie had me send to them, they responded back it was counterfeit. I contacted the seller... Got crickets. Contacted Amazon.. And they sent me a full refund. Amazon did the right thing, but I no longer buy 3rd party anymore, and I told them I wont until they can vet their vendors better. Still a major hassle to deal with.
    Old 12-22-2014, 08:02 AM   #25260
    GSUdawg521
    hbtd

Shows Seen: 28

DMB Hub Stubs: 11

My Tour Central Stats

Christmas music

~ said the Jewish kid
    GSUdawg521 is offline   Reply With Quote