*KFC Yum! Center 2012* - Page 38 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion > General Discussion > DMBc Discussion > DMB Tour Discussion
Register Rules Community Top Lists Torrents AM.org

Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

Old 12-06-2012, 10:35 AM   #1111
eyeiser

Shows Seen: 5

DMB Hub Stubs: 4

My Tour Central Stats

Re: *KFC Yum! Center 2012*

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcliff View Post
Thanks jguinan101! With the internet, Twitter, Facebook came the instant gratification of knowing song by song of what's being played....I know people were doing it on here, and I've seen it on other boards, people with their phones out at the show posting what song was just played, how it went, etc. THEN you get the reaction/reviews of people who WEREN'T at the show - 'why did they play that??? why didn't they play this????' In fact, in the row behind me at the DMB show, I saw, at one time 6 ppl in a row on their phones...now, I don't know if they were all posting stuff, but, wow...

In the 'good ole days' you went to the show and enjoyed the show, guessing with your friends of what would be the opener, what's next, etc. I love the internet, but I think it's given us too much info...and yes, before anyone says it, I know I can just not go to those sites and see the info, I get that....ok, enough reminiscing!
I'm with you. I definitely do not post a lot either. I do love seeing the band interact and don't really care what they play. Sometimes they play the song I want to hear and sometimes they don't.

I was at Louisville and they seemed to really be enjoying themselves a lot on stage. I had a great time and I thought it was a good setlist. My wife really likes You & Me. I would rather hear Shotgun (insert any less played song), but big deal. I go to shows without my wife, so if she's going to go she might as well hear something she likes.

We met a couple from Indy on the floor. This was their 60th show and the guy had never heard Halloween. When that was in the encore we celebrated because, man, he was excited. I totally get it and it was cool.

That Country Blues Improv was pretty kick ass.
eyeiser is offline   Reply With Quote

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 12-06-2012, 10:43 AM   #1112
    comeandrelax24

Shows Seen: 56

DMB Hub Stubs: 21

My Tour Central Stats

Im not going to take the time to back read so sorry if anyone already mentioned this but did anyone else hear a little bit of "Pride and Joy" by SRV in the improv jam? Or was that just me?
    comeandrelax24 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-06-2012, 10:49 AM   #1113
    eyeiser

Shows Seen: 5

DMB Hub Stubs: 4

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by comeandrelax24 View Post
    Im not going to take the time to back read so sorry if anyone already mentioned this but did anyone else hear a little bit of "Pride and Joy" by SRV in the improv jam? Or was that just me?
    It's what I was thinking. I was even singing it at one point.
    eyeiser is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-06-2012, 10:59 AM   #1114
    BigEyedUofLFish
    RIP ALI

Shows Seen: 25

DMB Hub Stubs: 13

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Definitely.
    Old 12-06-2012, 11:39 AM   #1115
    gcliff

Shows Seen: 0

DMB Hub Stubs: 1

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Agree..and by the way, if you haven't checked out the copy of the show that was posted a few pages back, you should...amazing sound, almost better than what I actually heard at the show! Kudos to the taper...
    gcliff is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-06-2012, 12:58 PM   #1116
    deercreek
    Antsmarching Siteop

Shows Seen: 24

DMB Hub Stubs: 12

My Tour Central Stats

I guess I must be one of the few people who actually digs Eh Hee and I was pretty stoked that I finally heard it at a show. I find it pretty awesome I've been to two December shows almost 10 years apart and heard Christmas Song both times.
    Old 12-06-2012, 01:05 PM   #1117
    Hilly

DMB Hub Stubs: 7

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by deercreek View Post
    I guess I must be one of the few people who actually digs Eh Hee and I was pretty stoked that I finally heard it at a show. I find it pretty awesome I've been to two December shows almost 10 years apart and heard Christmas Song both times.
    Eh Hee is awesome! Unless they play it a bunch at shows I'm not at too. That sucks.
    Old 12-06-2012, 01:25 PM   #1118
    AllifromOhio
    Formerly known as

Shows Seen: 97

DMB Hub Stubs: 26

My Tour Central Stats

Hilly, did you go to this show?
    AllifromOhio is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-06-2012, 05:04 PM   #1119
    NaClH2Ocapo

Shows Seen: 68

DMB Hub Stubs: 25

My Tour Central Stats

ok, gonna print some posters of this for who ever would like one. email me at monkeymandesigns@gmail.com

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u...sYUMposter.jpg
    NaClH2Ocapo is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-06-2012, 06:58 PM   #1120
    Billy Bologna

DMB Hub Stubs: 2

My Tour Central Stats

Had a great time at the show. Went in with low expectations, which actually helped me really enjoy the set. For the most part the crowed looked lame but there were a few great people in my section. Special thanks to the girl in 210 row B for getting an A+ in sharing with others...
    Billy Bologna is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-06-2012, 09:04 PM   #1121
    Xavid

Shows Seen: 16

DMB Hub Stubs: 8

My Tour Central Stats

Great show. A few duds make for good breaks to bar/bathroom. Regarding the generally poor grades the crowd has received on this site, well I think there some high points and low points but I try not to pay much attention to all that. Certainly a pumped crowd fuels the band and makes it more fun for everyone. The section I was in was mostly into it and having fun though I did notice some loud conversations during some songs ( during Christmas Song ladies??? C'mon now ). I had the pleasure of introducing DMB to old friends who never had really listened much previously, I think because of some preconceived notions. Being musicians themselves they were impressed by the bands technical skills as well as the complexity and structures of the music. It was fun. It's great to see the reactions on faces of neophytes to the raw emotion of Halloween and the amazement of a Carter solo and the joy of a happy Boyd prancing around on billies. They were impressed with the range of the band - playing jazz and funk and pop and rock and blues and bayou and progrock. They couldn't believe a lead singer with a fried voice and a subdued audience would pour so much into each song, not taking an easy out., reaching for falsettos and even, during an encore, scream out a song like Halloween. They were impressed with the fun the band seemed be having despite it all. As we all should have been.
    Xavid is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-06-2012, 09:10 PM   #1122
    chadizzy1
    Rumor Curator

Shows Seen: 45

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by deercreek View Post
    I like Eh Hee. I've heard it a few times this summer and still dig it. I don't really get tired of songs. Even if it's one I've seen at 80-90% of the shows I've been to (like Jimi, Spaceman and You & Me), I'm still cool with it because it's a DMB song and no reason to complain about hearing my favorite band playing music live.
    chadizzy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-06-2012, 10:18 PM   #1123
    ramiro24
    Hurricane Rozz

Shows Seen: 74

DMB Hub Stubs: 21

My Tour Central Stats

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANpGO...e_gdata_player

my video of christmas song

i had a great time in louisville! show was badass for me and will be back for a show in louisville if it happens anytime soon!
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sean52692 View Post
    Rozz, you are always partying, even when you're not
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by btpeters View Post
    We all go a little Rozz sometimes
    ramiro24 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-06-2012, 10:24 PM   #1124
    zachladd9

Shows Seen: 3

DMB Hub Stubs: 1

My Tour Central Stats

I thought it was a great show but I'm sure it was skewed by how much alcohol I had consumed...The only 3 songs I wasn't a fan of were Eh Hee, Seven, and Spaceman...I wish he would've replaced any or all of those with songs off the new album...but from Jimi Thing on it was SPECIAL...I originally had seats right by the beer stands but I made my way to the floor and had a great time! I was so zoned into Dave that I didn't even notice the conversations people were having right around me (when I watched videos I had recorded I heard several haha) But if you go to a Dave concert and complain about anything I think you are crazy. It's the closest you can come to ecstacy without taking a pill haha
    zachladd9 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-07-2012, 05:03 AM   #1125
    Hilly

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by AllifromOhio View Post
    Hilly, did you go to this show?
    Nope. Doing C-ville.
    Old 12-07-2012, 05:16 AM   #1126
    btpeters
    Belly Jelly Baby

Shows Seen: 72

DMB Hub Stubs: 24

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by chadizzy1 View Post
    I like Eh Hee. I've heard it a few times this summer and still dig it. I don't really get tired of songs. Even if it's one I've seen at 80-90% of the shows I've been to (like Jimi, Spaceman and You & Me), I'm still cool with it because it's a DMB song and no reason to complain about hearing my favorite band playing music live.

Eh Hee's probably the most underappreciated song in the catalog currently. Its pretty strong lyrically and it's really rocking in a total DMB sort of way. It's knocks against it come from being from post 2000 and the "dark period" of 2007 to add to that. Also, when it came back in 2010 it had a pretty weak arrangement and wasn't all that great. But they've nailed it now. And the crowd digs despite what some may say. Haters only see what they wanna see. And if them and their group aren't enjoying it, they pretty much consider that the entire crowd.

They've been really having fun and been doing some cool stuff to the intro since they brought it back this year. That bumble bee stuff Boyd was doing was crazy and cracking the band up.

If you want a really great Eh Hee, see SPAC N2 2012 (an insanely underrated show. Setlist isn't to die for, but the performances are of the best of the summer).
    btpeters is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-07-2012, 09:22 AM   #1127
    AllifromOhio
    Formerly known as

Shows Seen: 97

DMB Hub Stubs: 26

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Hilly View Post
    Nope. Doing C-ville.
    You sure have a lot to say considering you weren't here. Why pay so much attention to this thread?
    AllifromOhio is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-07-2012, 09:45 AM   #1128
    Hilly

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by AllifromOhio View Post
    You sure have a lot to say considering you weren't here. Why pay so much attention to this thread?
    Thought it was a discussion. Didn't realize it's exclusivity.

I leave the thread in your hands.
    Old 12-07-2012, 09:53 AM   #1129
    btpeters
    Belly Jelly Baby

Shows Seen: 72

DMB Hub Stubs: 24

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Hilly View Post
    Thought it was a discussion. Didn't realize it's exclusivity.

I leave the thread in your hands.

Yeah, but you calling out those criticizing the show who weren't there is just as bad as you praising it and not being present.

Pot>
    Kettle>
    Black
    btpeters is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-07-2012, 09:59 AM   #1130
    Hilly

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by btpeters View Post
    Yeah, but you calling out those criticizing the show who weren't there is just as bad as you praising it and not being present.

Pot>
    Kettle>
    Black
    Where did I praise the show? I've said I enjoy some songs, but don't think I've commented on the performance one way or the other.
    Old 12-07-2012, 10:55 AM   #1131
    MColin28

Shows Seen: 40

DMB Hub Stubs: 16

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

You back yet?

Pissed I didn't see you bro! Still have a voucher for you for a beer my man

Chicago=disappointment.

L'Ville=good time

Sorry I didn't hit you back after meeting Dave. I was SO high from that and then was kickin it with Jimmy Cliff's Band. So crazy. I'll send you a JC pic too. Sorry we got shit on in Chi Town with the set!

At lease we finally got Halloween after getting snubbed so many times in St Louiis!
    Old 12-07-2012, 02:29 PM   #1132
    chadizzy1
    Rumor Curator

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by MColin28 View Post
    You back yet?

Pissed I didn't see you bro! Still have a voucher for you for a beer my man

Chicago=disappointment.

L'Ville=good time

Sorry I didn't hit you back after meeting Dave. I was SO high from that and then was kickin it with Jimmy Cliff's Band. So crazy. I'll send you a JC pic too. Sorry we got shit on in Chi Town with the set!

At lease we finally got Halloween after getting snubbed so many times in St Louiis!
    I got home last night around 11ish, something like a 10-11 hour drive home, not too bad. It was a good two day run, I had fun.

Are you going to any more shows this year?
    Old 12-07-2012, 08:32 PM   #1133
    B7arnold

Shows Seen: 54

DMB Hub Stubs: 18

My Tour Central Stats

I had an incredible time at the show. Carter almost had a heart attack after two step, his solo was nuts. First time I got the rail, hopefully it wont be the last
    Old 12-10-2012, 09:34 PM   #1134
    rl_burnside
    Celebrate we will....

Shows Seen: 86

DMB Hub Stubs: 23

My Tour Central Stats

Pretty good show I thought. I had seats and when I got to them the security guard told me that if I wanted floor that he would give them to me. So I took him up on the offer. But did get some great footage of the show and it's posted on Youtube. But had camera issues all night which really sucked almost had all of 41 I thought and then noticed I wasn't shooting video and it happened to me on Christmas song too which really made me mad. But oh well I got some of Country Blues intro then into Halloween then of course Tripping Billies. Man my arm was hurting try to stay still but I got it.

I'm really glad to see a winter tour this close to me. Back in the late 90's I always tried to go to them. I kind of like the indoor concerts.
    Old 12-11-2012, 06:34 AM   #1135
    MColin28

Shows Seen: 40

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    I got home last night around 11ish, something like a 10-11 hour drive home, not too bad. It was a good two day run, I had fun.

Are you going to any more shows this year?

Nope that's it my man. I'm done till summer time! (hopefully a couple D&T stints in Spring that I'd like to catch one show).
    Old 12-11-2012, 09:21 AM   #1136
    mdb4034
    Dont burn the Day

Shows Seen: 25

DMB Hub Stubs: 12

My Tour Central Stats

After reading the 75% of this thread, I'm somewhat heartbroken at the people who are "giving up" and are getting bored with the set lists. I was at this show and yes, lame crowd. We were in WH GA and the people behind us never stood up unless they went to get a beer. dmb doesn't often come to Kentucky so as another poster had mentioned many average fans were seeing him for the first time since Hullaballou (or longer). My brother & sister in law live in Louisville and they have mentioned they go to concerts at the chicken bucket because it is something to do, not because they're fans.

This was my 10th show, my husband's 20th(ish) and we were pleased with the set. Neither of us had ever heard Christmas Song, I was banking on hearing Drunken Soldier and I was certain I would hear Seven and Hallobillies as a closer. Jimi Thing with the Sexy MF outro took FOREVER to get going- these people obviously had NO CLUE but I still screamed it at the top of my lungs

Yes, a far different crowd from our regular DeerCreek but I was anticipating it. Not necessarily the more mature crowd but I was glad I only had a 3 hour drive to see my favorite band play an entertaining set list. It was more entertaining than the show my UK wildcats put on the same night so I'm stoaked.... and ready for 2013 Summer Tour
    mdb4034 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-11-2012, 11:09 AM   #1137
    tedies
    You have to say it

Shows Seen: 54

My Tour Central Stats

Yea the crowd was dead completely, still had a good time on the floor, I'm sure all the beers at bbc helped
    I'm thinking about becoming a Reds fan.
    tedies is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 12-12-2012, 12:15 PM   #1138
    chadizzy1
    Rumor Curator

My Tour Central Stats

Woohoo, I got included in the Copperpot video for Halloween.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajQ70SxF1-s