*** Official VA Beach 2014 Thread *** - Page 23 - Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion

Go Back   Antsmarching.org Forums - Dave Matthews Band Discussion > General Discussion > DMBc Discussion > DMB Tour Discussion

Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here

Old 07-26-2014, 05:30 AM   #661
FIREDANCERZ

Shows Seen: 10

DMB Hub Stubs: 4

My Tour Central Stats

That was the last of my 3 this summer would have liked a different encore closer, now 2 more beach days is all I have to l ok forward to

• Want to hide all ads on Ants? Click here
  • Old 07-26-2014, 05:49 AM   #662
    JimiThing1234

Shows Seen: 48

DMB Hub Stubs: 18

My Tour Central Stats

I dropped a stick. That is all.
    JimiThing1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-26-2014, 06:38 AM   #663
    Foreverford05
    Let's go O's!

Shows Seen: 36

DMB Hub Stubs: 15

My Tour Central Stats

Re: *** Official VA Beach 2014 Thread ***

So last night I had a stark realization. I Can come here on these boards and complain all I want about how some songs suck, the sets suck, the band sucks, the shortened show times suck, about how everything sucks and can take that feeling into a show, but once the band gets up there and starts playing, I'm hooked. It's like the first show all over again. During spaceman last night I was rockin when I caught myself and I said "what the fuck, this is spaceman, this is a shitty song" but I couldn't quit grooving. Everything sounded so good like I haven't seen 30 shows before. I don't know if it' because I only can get to two shows a year or that I don't follow every show set, but something about these guys just keep me drawn in. I'm 100% sure it's people like me that keep the crappy songs around but I swear with every single song start i'm jamming. This band may be fucked, but I am addicted to their fucked-ness. Had a blast last night, guys.
    Foreverford05 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-26-2014, 07:09 AM   #664
    ajc_1988
    ...til we dance away.

Shows Seen: 153

DMB Hub Stubs: 29

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by JimiThing1234 View Post
    I dropped a stick. That is all.

Dude that blows
    Old 07-26-2014, 07:11 AM   #665
    BruceW

Shows Seen: 61

DMB Hub Stubs: 22

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Foreverford05 View Post
    So last night I had a stark realization. I Can come here on these boards and complain all I want about how some songs suck, the sets suck, the band sucks, the shortened show times suck, about how everything sucks and can take that feeling into a show, but once the band gets up there and starts playing, I'm hooked. It's like the first show all over again. During spaceman last night I was rockin when I caught myself and I said "what the fuck, this is spaceman, this is a shitty song" but I couldn't quit grooving. Everything sounded so good like I haven't seen 30 shows before. I don't know if it' because I only can get to two shows a year or that I don't follow every show set, but something about these guys just keep me drawn in. I'm 100% sure it's people like me that keep the crappy songs around but I swear with every single song start i'm jamming. This band may be fucked, but I am addicted to their fucked-ness. Had a blast last night, guys.

I think it's more so bc they are literally on musical fire this yr...the performances, particularly in these last few shows, have been stellar. Plus, almost none of the songs we complain about are truly that bad. Besides Can't Stop, that song truly blows ass.
    BruceW is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-26-2014, 07:21 AM   #666
    TripPin BilLie
    What It Is.

Shows Seen: 58

DMB Hub Stubs: 21

My Tour Central Stats

Am I the only person though that prefers the bigger songs...such as ants, two step electric over acoustic? Don't get me wrong I like acoustic versions too. I wish they would either switch up some songs in the acoustic set or keep two electric sets ya know what I mean?
    Old 07-26-2014, 07:32 AM   #667
    phatpig
    Thank You Roi

Shows Seen: 25

DMB Hub Stubs: 9

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Going to less shows definitely helps. I wont do more than 2 a year, anything past that it starts getting tiresome and the band will start irritating you
    phatpig is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-26-2014, 07:34 AM   #668
    phatpig
    Thank You Roi

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by TripPin BilLie View Post
    Am I the only person though that prefers the bigger songs...such as ants, two step electric over acoustic? Don't get me wrong I like acoustic versions too. I wish they would either switch up some songs in the acoustic set or keep two electric sets ya know what I mean?
    I only saw two shows this tour and I am over the acoustic set. It's like "this is cool, but looking forward to the electric set, the real show". I'm just glad they are keeping the acoustic set fairly short and not doing an even set of both.
    Old 07-26-2014, 07:39 AM   #669
    bostonbrad
    Hope Springs Eternal

Shows Seen: 55

DMB Hub Stubs: 20

My Tour Central Stats

I had a blast last night! It was my first of the year and I thought the setlist was good. The acoustic thing was neat, but I could do without it, to be honest. BEF, BOWA, and Warehouse were highlights and that was probably one of the best Crushs that I've ever heard.

On our way up to Bristow now. Still chasing YNK.
    bostonbrad is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-26-2014, 07:47 AM   #670
    phatpig
    Thank You Roi

My Tour Central Stats

Crush is overplayed but I really enjoy the way they are playing the ending this year with all the stopping and starting
    Old 07-26-2014, 08:48 AM   #671
    Jsweeney
    coach

Shows Seen: 120

DMB Hub Stubs: 31

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by phatpig View Post
    I only saw two shows this tour and I am over the acoustic set. It's like "this is cool, but looking forward to the electric set, the real show". I'm just glad they are keeping the acoustic set fairly short and not doing an even set of both.
    To each their own but the acoustic sets are the highlight for me.
    Old 07-26-2014, 08:54 AM   #672
    RiotAct

Shows Seen: 47

DMB Hub Stubs: 17

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:

07.18.2019 - R.I.P. Last Stop jam/reprise
    RiotAct is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-26-2014, 09:06 AM   #673
    ajc_1988
    ...til we dance away.

Shows Seen: 153

DMB Hub Stubs: 29

My Tour Central Stats

bowa bowa bowa bowa
    ajc_1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-26-2014, 09:08 AM   #674
    justafool

Shows Seen: 1

DMB Hub Stubs: 1

My Tour Central Stats

I thought I was already obsessed with this band but last night made me even more so
    Old 07-26-2014, 11:44 AM   #675
    dean@ants

Shows Seen: 56

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    dean@ants is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-26-2014, 11:56 AM   #676
    BruceW

Shows Seen: 61

My Tour Central Stats

So pissed I'm not going tonight...hope they play a kickass show so that I never listen to my inner self again
    BruceW is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-26-2014, 01:46 PM   #677
    dpduke5173

Shows Seen: 96

DMB Hub Stubs: 26

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ajc_1988 View Post
    bowa bowa bowa bowa
    Mission accomplished! Crossing off Jane and BOWA this week was awesome. Hoping for Billies and Grace in the acoustic set and YNK or DIDO in the electric.
    Old 07-27-2014, 08:19 PM   #678
    slygrooves2dmb2
    Could I have been?

Shows Seen: 30

DMB Hub Stubs: 11

My Tour Central Stats

So just curious, did anyone happen to get any photos or videos between I think the 1st and 2nd songs of the electric set when Dave was reading all the signs?
    slygrooves2dmb2 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-27-2014, 08:48 PM   #679
    Altima22

My Tour Central Stats

Had a great time. Chill venue, which is what I like. Really enjoyed my time in Virginia Beach before the show. Would definitely do it again
    Old 07-28-2014, 04:07 AM   #680
    kappasig02
    KappaSig02

Shows Seen: 83

My Tour Central Stats

Does anyone if it is possible to buy a tour poster for this show. Anyone buy one and willing to sell? I didn't buy one when I had the chance, but ended up getting a setlist after the show and would like to frame it with my ticket and the show poster. I'm willing to pay more thsan the venue was charging, but I've seen some on ebay and the prices are absurd.
    kappasig02 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-28-2014, 04:21 AM   #681
    Foreverford05
    Let's go O's!

Shows Seen: 36

DMB Hub Stubs: 15

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by bostonbrad View Post
    I had a blast last night! It was my first of the year and I thought the setlist was good. The acoustic thing was neat, but I could do without it, to be honest. BEF, BOWA, and Warehouse were highlights and that was probably one of the best Crushs that I've ever heard.

On our way up to Bristow now. Still chasing YNK.

The chase is over, congrats
    Foreverford05 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-28-2014, 05:23 AM   #682
    barbogast
    Two's a Perfect Number

Shows Seen: 46

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by kappasig02 View Post
    Does anyone if it is possible to buy a tour poster for this show. Anyone buy one and willing to sell? I didn't buy one when I had the chance, but ended up getting a setlist after the show and would like to frame it with my ticket and the show poster. I'm willing to pay more thsan the venue was charging, but I've seen some on ebay and the prices are absurd.
    Unfortunately it is highly likely you will be able to score this print without paying eBay mark up at this point. It was an extremely popular print so the prices are sure to be high. You can keep an eye on the poster forum here (http://antsmarching.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=108) or keep an eye out over at daveposters.com, but even if you're lucky enough to find one you'll still pay a premium. Probably not as high as eBay, but likely more than double what the original price was.

edit: http://kentaylor.com.au

That's the link to the artist's personal website. Normally (but not always), the artist will eventually drop a couple extras for sale on their website, but they still usually charge slightly more than $40, plus the drop is unannounced and generally extremely limited. Good luck!

Quote:
    Originally Posted by JRS1386 View Post
    I sort of want the Caps to win because Barbs is awesome

Last edited by barbogast; 07-28-2014 at 05:26 AM.
    barbogast is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-28-2014, 06:37 AM   #683
    OldN00b

Shows Seen: 7

My Tour Central Stats

It had been a long time since I'd caught a show and this one really brought me back to loving the band. I thought the set flowed really well and loved how it closed out as much as I loved how it opened. I wish I could have caught either the night before or after to have gotten Halloween but my fault for not making those trips. I'm already thinking about next summer.
    OldN00b is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-28-2014, 06:38 AM   #684
    ryantravlr
    No Mas!

DMB Hub Stubs: 21

My Tour Central Stats

Good show out in VA Beach! Its funny how different the crowd is from Indy, seemed like an older crowd and more kids running around for sure. Cool venue, I probably should have scaled back on the DIPAs I was drinking, that flight home Saturday AM was rough!
    ryantravlr is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-28-2014, 08:19 AM   #685
    bostonbrad
    Hope Springs Eternal

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    The chase is over, congrats
    I was the happiest dude in the place. It was awesome!
    bostonbrad is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-28-2014, 11:46 AM   #686
    justafool

Shows Seen: 1

DMB Hub Stubs: 1

My Tour Central Stats

Already thinking about doing both Virginia Beach and Bristow next summer
    Old 07-28-2014, 04:48 PM   #687
    Deadman23

My Tour Central Stats

Does anyone know if the poster was already up for sale on the warehouse store? I was too late entering the venue to get one. Definitely looking to have one!
    Deadman23 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-28-2014, 07:40 PM   #688
    phillybeezler
    Don't burn the Pig

Shows Seen: 63

My Tour Central Stats

About to order a frame for the poster, its 12x36 correct???

"You're still here? Its over, go home, Go"
    phillybeezler is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-28-2014, 08:43 PM   #689
    Deadman23

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by phillybeezler View Post
    About to order a frame for the poster, its 12x36 correct???
    Umm if you have it... Measure it?
    Deadman23 is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-29-2014, 05:44 AM   #690
    OldN00b

Shows Seen: 7

My Tour Central Stats

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Deadman23 View Post
    Does anyone know if the poster was already up for sale on the warehouse store? I was too late entering the venue to get one. Definitely looking to have one!
    My friend was showing me the poster for the Va Bch show he'd ordered before we got to the venue, so I know it was definitely available online but I don't know if it still is, there are more, it will be again etc.
    OldN00b is offline   Reply With Quote